Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Again...how much are these photos? 150$? So these two are getting paid what like 60$ per 30 seconds of work? They don't have to be there if it bothers them, random instagram lady. 

ETA: In addition to the ego stroking...

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I noticed it's not on her Instagram anymore so she either had a change of heart or copped flak and deleted. So there's that.

Don't IG story disappear after a certain amount of time? Or are they like snapchat where they stay there for 24hrs?

Just now, LeighAn said:

Attention? Relevance? Pretending their not moochers? *shrug*

I don't think either Milo Ventamiglia or Aisha Tyler have a reason to be moochers. And while I find him dumb looking 99% of the time, until a second ago Bilodeau was a sit-com lead. I don't know how Sean Gunn and Emmett Hughes are doing, but I wouldn't necessarily paint them all with the same brush.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I don't think either Milo Ventamiglia or Aisha Tyler have a reason to be moochers. And while I find him dumb looking 99% of the time, until a second ago Bilodeau was a sit-com lead. I don't know how Sean Gunn and Emmett Hughes are doing, but I wouldn't necessarily paint them all with the same brush.

I was talking more about the randoms then the actors like Milo and Sean and Aishya ;)

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Isn't this woman a writer on Flarrow/CW shows? What is there for her to mooch off of? 

She was originally a tv recapper and spoiler writer for Zap2it who got her foot in the door as a CW writer conveniently after becoming good friends with CW talent sooo... 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Isn't this woman a writer on Flarrow/CW shows? What is there for her to mooch off of? 

Attention? Frankly, she comes off like she wants to be a cool kid.

Just now, LeighAn said:

She was originally a tv recapped and spoiler writer for Zap2it who got her foot in the door as a CW writer conveniently after becoming good friends with CW talent sooo... 

I did not know about this. Only that she went to write for The Flash after Vampire Diaries.

Just now, theOAfc said:

Well its not like people got to ask questions. 

Even the 6 or so questions that the audience asked, I was expecting it be geared more towards EBR then KC/Josh. But yeah maybe if they had more questions it would've been different.

Just now, bijoux said:

I did not know about this. Only that she went to write for The Flash after Vampire Diaries.

Yep. She was like a lesser Matt Mitovich. I think she then left Zap2it and wrote a YA novel or was writing one and then she got a job guest writing on the originals. And this came after she was friendly with actresses like Emily and Candice Accola. 

Im not saying she might not be talented but as the saying goes some times it pays who you know.

(edited)
18 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

She was originally a tv recapper and spoiler writer for Zap2it who got her foot in the door as a CW writer conveniently after becoming good friends with CW talent sooo... 

Looking at her IMDB she's been writing for The Originals since 2013 so she's been around for quite a while, same year EBR first got promoted to regular I think so it seems somewhat natural she'd run with decent known celebs.

She does seem a bit fangirly after looking through her IG.

Edited by Primal Slayer

The arrow panel started 15/20 minutes late so there wasn't all that much time for audience questions. In the interests of absolute fairness, Katie talked over the others just as much as they talked over her. Emily said how much she missed KC (they both referenced their off screen friendship at times) Josh said he was very much aware of the gap she had left. KC was kinda randomly incoherent with her answers, EBR talked very fast and was difficult to understand sometimes (the subtitling was occasionally hysterically, funnily, wrong) JS was easily the best on stage.

I failed to get Emily's autograph :( so I hope she's back next year.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Looking at her IMDB she's been writing for The Originals since 2013 so she's been around for quite a while, same year EBR first got promoted to regular I think so it seems somewhat natural she'd run with decent known celebs.

It's not really natural, no. TVD/TO world has nothing to do with Flarrowverse - there aren't any crossovers on the network, and the shows aren't even filmed in the same country. She seems to be the only writer on the CW who's latched onto the cast of a different show like she has. 

I think I remember reading that CM knew SA first (from when he was on TVD / TO) and when she met EBR she walked up to her and told her "we're going to be friends". Something like that.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lily-n11 said:

I think I remember reading that CM knew SA first (from when he was on TVD / TO) and when she met EBR she walked up to her and told her "we're going to be friends". Something like that.

Yes, she did say that.

Even though she isn't an actress, is it any weirder then EBR being good friends with Chloe Bennett? From stalking her instagram she seems to get invited to a lot of things where she would end up interacting with various CW stars. Though she does seem to revel in her famous friends so now I can see more of the "she wants attention/to be known"

She has more personal photos of these actors then they do on their own IG lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

I just saw a tweet from someone at the panel that Emily seemed upset when the moderator said no more questions to fans.

I wouldn't be shocked at COH2 she stayed a good 10 minutes past her time to answer fan questions. They finally had to drag her off stage to go to her next event.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Again...how much are these photos? 150$? So these two are getting paid what like 60$ per 30 seconds of work? They don't have to be there if it bothers them, random instagram lady. 

128 pounds, so $163 USD. For that kind of money, fans should be able to ask for whatever they want that's within reason/tasteful.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

She clearly gets some kind of satisfaction out of getting acknowledged by/being able to say she knows these people ~personally. 

First of all, I have to say I have no actually opinion of her so to speak but I was listening to a podcast once about tv and how it benefits from shippers and she was on as guest. I only noticed because she would mention EBR ever so often... Like, "I ship Olicity even though EBR is one of my besties" and so on and so forth. 

But I don't get why you have to share your opinion on something like this online. I mean, yes some pics are awkward, but these people paid, they had fun and you are probably a guest who didn't have to pay anything. So keep your opinions to yourself or don't share them online. Or if you do share them, you just have to be able to handle it once people call you out. 

That being said it always amazes me that some actors travel with so many people, even to a work event. SA never travels without his friends. Even on personal vacations he always brings a group of people. Must be nice to have friends who are working for/with you. 

Also Robbie and his wife are such a pretty couple.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1
(edited)

SA and EBR on filming 520:

-- SA: "I like the quieter moments on the show. Like, Emily and I had a lot of fun this year shooting, uh, where we're trapped in the bunker." EBR: "I remember it fondly." SA: "The only part about that that wasn't fun is that we filmed that episode right around the time that I shot American Ninja Warrior. And I kept having to - with my really, really, really hurt arm - I kept having to just pick Emily up off the ground." EBR: "And I couldn't help because I couldn't use my legs. So it's just deadweight. And he's injured." SA: "It was good, though." EBR: "Climbing ladders and things." SA: "That was fun. Climbing ladders, it was - it was always going to be something. That episode was a lot of fun to shoot... In general, I like when we have the quieter moments because we've all done action scenes...." [tv echo: this video cuts off here, but you can pick it up in the prince mojo video posted upthread]

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7
(edited)

One fan (JoAnne_Rowney) tweeted a lot from the SA and EBR/JS/KC panels at HVFF-London today (rather than embed the tweets and slow down this page), I'll just quote what she said...

I thought I tore my bicep off my bone after the third obstacle. @StephenAmell talks about #NinjaWarrior 

Amell: It feels like the most Arrow part of season 4 happened on Legends 

Amell: Manu on season 2 did a marvellous job. I don't think of Josh as a villain so much. Mostly coz I know him

Amell: I think Josh and Prometheus fit best in terms of a season but iconic standpoint it's Deathstroke

Emily just crashed Stephen's panel 

Stephen asked if he'd do a musical eps. Amell: No no no! He says he's just learnt how good Emily is.

Stephen: if we could do feature length film I'd use all characters from history + all the money into 90m and see what happens

Emily adds: Batman!  Wed need him

I like playing a character that has flaws. I haven't talked to producers a lot about s6 but did at based off having a team...

But I did say oliver needs to learn he can't keep doing that or people would change channel. He needs to use the team 

Robbie crashes and let's us know #Code8 principal photography is starting 

Amell: It would be nice to see someone being brick headed and see oliver say lets think and do this for these reasons. 

Josh crashes sneaking up on Stephen. 

Amell says spending time with family is his fav thing for free time. Josh says he has 8mnth old who is hilarious and also WWE 

Amell says his fav superhero is The Flash.  Josh jokes his is the Flash too! 

Stephen says day on the boat was exhausting. Everyone was worried about weather. He was worried getting cool shots would mean missing..

Emotional ones. In between takes he says he was sat there like this (slumps) 

Josh: we were in the cell for 12hrs and they were real shackles. My respect grew for Stephen

Amell: saddest thing this year was Josh and I not being able to go to Wrestlemania. Stephen sent me a pic every hr with cutouts of me 

Stephen is talking about the Boss Baby and his fav scene when he 'toots' 

Amell: I'm love to do wrestling again. I need to get in the ring one more time. I was so nervous before 

Stephen says he's "looking to do stuff online and charity campaigns but depends on next hiatus" 

Fav Flash crossover was first time. Was really cool to say "saving ppl in a flash" you live for that moment

Loved Josh fangirling over Stephen and sharing what happened when he first got on step. Will share Vid later

Stephen: script is like a tree, don't want to poke hole in it but add to it. I'm not creating lines. Scripts are speeches not convo 

Stephen on his scene with Emily: So they can take our reaction or leave it. I'm sure there was a version that was close to the page. 

Amell: I like playing drunk on wine oliver #HVFFLondon #arrow

Amell: I watch the network cut which is a little longer. It's like talking a selfie in the morning. So if I love that I'll love that eps

Stephen: If I find a glaring omission I can pass it on our share notes 

Stephen says he doesn't remember his speech that starts the eps. I record in August and forget 

He promises to tweet when he does the next one and at the next con to do it and share it 

Stephen: Oliver is more equipped to be a father than he realises it's too bad at the end of the season everybody died (laughs) 

Stephen says he would love for Oliver not to need conflict to feel normal. That he could relax

Stephen says if he could play anyone else in show he'd be Diggle. 'if you watch the show and that's not your answer you're wrong!' 

Would you do a charity campaign with Emily so shirt with both on? Amell: only shirt with two faces would be Jared and Jensen! 

Added it would be awesome if right campaign to team up with Emily 

Stephen being asked which of the women Oliver has been with he'd go for  "it's Sunday morning dude!"  

Fav moment: Emily spilt her water on Stephen and tried to wipe it off, ended up stroking his bicep ? 

Emily says she's a big fan of Josh. Their first scene was in the dark and he came up behind her. She was like F***. Oh I'm a big fan! 

Emily just sang a bit of West Side Story but I'd just cut off my camera ?

Emily says

they're working towards Smoak Technologies but she can't say when.

Emily says she's up for a love triangle with Black Siren and Oliver ? 

Chase isn't a bad guy he's misunderstood says Josh 

Katie: In season 2 Emily and I barely spoke because I had to go into a really dark place. Emily: just the weekends

Josh made a playlist for Prometheus. Plus he goes to Emily for music says EmBett what's on the ipod? 

You always miss the people you love when you're not around them, says Emily 

Josh on Emily: she's a cool as you think she is! 

Emily on the finale:

there's a lot of explosions and definitely death. Yikes.

Emily was asked about becoming a superhero. Best answer: I already feel she is, just without a mask. I've never felt she needed that. 

Emily said she's happy to listen to those who argue she should suit up, but she will always think Felicity at her core is a hero 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
(edited)

MB at MCM London Comic Con today...

SG talked about playing Isabel Rochev on Arrow at MCM Hannover Comic Con on May 20 (go to around 0:46 mark, they speak English then)...

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah she does need to do something about her lateness at these cons, by now you would think she'd get herself a handler to get her places on time.

She's a grown woman. You'd think she would be responsible enough. Not only is it irresponsible but it's rude and incredibly classless and unfair to everyone else paying to go to the con. Not only that but looking at your phone during a panel - which this isn't the first time which @lemotomato can vouch for since she's seen her multiple times - it's a wonder why she's ever invited to these events.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 8

There's a lot to catch up on... Few thoughts:

• Emily's hair looks less damaged which is great! I love her hair like this. Her fishnets did make me laugh
  • I am officially a huge Josh Segarra fan. He's smart, charismatic, genuinely nice, and truly appreciates his fans (arriving on time, taking his time with them, being attentive)
  • I loved how Emily/Josh crashed Stephen's panel. His panels are usually so bland with the same questions asked over and over so it's great to see something different. Plus it's great to see his friendship with both of them. You truly can see that he really appreciates and values them from how they interact
  • Katie looks terrible with that hair color. It makes her look a lot older than her actual age. I look younger than her and I'm older... And yeah, every con it just reminds me how little she appreciates her fans. It's the little things, being late, looking at her phone in panels, packing up early and bouncing as soon as possible whereas Emily took photos with the crew, Stephen/Josh/Colin stayed back to sign more autographs etc.
  • The Stephen/Emily photo ops were so fun! Everyone involved seemed to have  blast which is a hilarious contrast to Stephen/Katie's photo ops which all seemed so stiff
  • I love Josh Segarra
  • Everyone who's ever worked with and interacted with Emily always talk about how she's so warm and welcoming and awesome and that warms my heart to see so many talented people speak so well about her
  • Also - I officially want Milo and Emily to work on a project together kthanxbye 
  • Love 8

Bless her... Hopefully the good experience can help her heal. I cannot imagine how terrible it must have been for all those people in that arena. It still leaves me so sad thinking about it.  

• Love 2