Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

From Friday evening, Aug. 26 (8:30 on West Coast)...

Stephen Amell - Happy Friday!
Published on Aug 27, 2016, by Stephen-Amell™

-- They were a quarter of the way through the day on Arrow.
-- SA did interview with Damien Holbrook of TV Guide that morning.
-- Once Arrow is done, the first thing he'll do is sleep.
-- They're waiting for it to get dark so that they "can shoot a scene on some steps - no spoilers here."
-- In the early days of his acting career, he used to judge his worth on number of days worked, but now he judges it on how many days he has off.
-- His weekends tend to be longer now so he can spend time with family, so his work weeks are packed.
-- SA hits the gym two days a week now.
-- SA did filming for LoT "recently."
-- SA hopes to keep playing Oliver for as long as Arrow is on.
-- When asked what are his fave TV shows, he mentioned Game of Thrones and Survivor.
-- He's "so out of the loop on music."
-- SA: "It is a little bit of an angsty time... because there's no, like, new content that's happening with Arrow. Don't be angsty. We're in production. The show doesn't come out until October. Just enjoy yourself. Don't scour for news. If it were up to me, I wouldn't release anything. Not a thing. No set photos. No casting news. No previews. Nothing. So be thankful that I don't run the show. Or the network. Or the studio. I'm not criticizing the way that they do it. I would just go the Matt Weiner route, which is to say, 'I don't reveal nothing.' So everyone relax. Enjoy. I can report that the first two episodes are f**king awesome. Really. So there we go."

ETA: Matt Weiner is the creator of Mad Men and is apparently notorious for avoiding/not revealing spoilers.

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

ETA: Matt Weiner is the creator of Mad Men and is apparently notorious for avoiding/not revealing spoilers.

When I first read it, I thought it said Anthony Weiner, and had to double take.  That guy reveals EVERYTHING.  When you don't even want to see it.  LOL

• Love 7

Speaking for myself, it is probably a lot harder on to have theses drips and drabs of info versus nothing.  At least when there were no spoilers coming out there was nothing to be disappointed over.  It's kind of like the difference between waiting and watching week to week where there are expectations and hopes vs binging a show and not having too much time to be annoyed with the flaws before you've moved on to the next episode. 

• Love 3

For me it makes a difference if the show makes a finale that makes you want to come back after the summer..I know that if I didn't follow the news about Arrow online it would have been one of those shows that I dropped..instead I don't look for any spoilers or interviews for Game of Thrones for example and I can't wait for the new episodes.

25 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

"Keeping him secret is keeping him safe."

He would've looked so much less like a dumbass (I mean, still a dumbass, but less of a dumbass) if he hadn't said that knowing that Malcolm knew about the kid. Malcolm is a common sense vacuum, and needs to die 2kforever. 

• Love 24

I'm glad they cut that scene. It doesn't add anything, nor does it change anything. He still lied for dumbass reasons. And how did it change from lying because Samantha asked him to, to lying to keep him safe? SO DUMB.

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

"Keeping him secret is keeping him safe."

Nope. It's not any better in retrospect. How many months has it been? Still makes me mad. Plus, knowing that TIIC - including you, Amell - keep doubling down on this atrocious story line makes me question their storytelling abilities. Wait. Who am I kidding? I'm not questioning anything. I fully believe they don't know how to craft a story.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

He would've looked so much less like a dumbass (I mean, still a dumbass, but less of a dumbass) if he hadn't said that knowing that Malcolm knew about the kid. Malcolm is a common sense vacuum, and needs to die 2kforever. 

Yeah. Malcolm telling Oliver he knew about the kid instantly made Oliver into a brainless imbecile. And my favorite part about it is there was zero need for Malcolm telling Oliver. Remove that line, and make the audience [but not Oliver] know Malcolm knows, and the secret would still be stupid, but it wouldn't be a joke.

• Love 17

I don't even know how they even wrote the whole he's lying to keep William safe excuse and didn't stop to think does that make any logical sense at all.I don't get how they write that and not think that if Thea and Barry knowing doesn't make that excuse totally invalid and dumb then Malcom also knowing and literally swearing revenge to Oliver for sure would. And I doubt they wrote it thinking Oliver doesn't trust Felicity to keep it secret.

I get they didn't look at the kid storyline any  deeper than needing an olicity break up but they still could have written something that makes more sense than that.I think they just thought if they say it's to keep a kid safe no one would look any deeper into it and how dumb and illogical it actually is.I mean Oliver was talking about keeping him safe but was literally ignoring a huge threat to William that came with Malcolm knowing and being pissed at him and doing nothing about it at all.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The bee one, I think?

Thank you. :) yeah 'Thea and Felicity'is not a sentence you hear often, haha.

About that supercut, kinda weird editing. But I'm cackling like a maniac at it being a bonus feature. :D

• Love 2

Wow, look at all this content. I haven't had the chance to look at it all yet, but there is one point to that Thea and Oliver scene - it actually shows Oliver thinking about telling Felicity and being somewhat conflicted about it, something that we haven't really seen. Plus, I really like Thea's dress. But the reasoning is still lame.

Wow, Laurel showed up with a lot of cleavage to the engagement party of the love of her life with another woman. But I'll be kind and think it's Donna that she wanted to impress.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, quarks said:

Arrow writers, excitedly: SEND LAUREL OUT TO GO GET ICE FOR THOSE COCKTAILS!  AND THEN, EDIT OUT THE SCENE!

And she apparently went out to actually wait for water to freeze since she never came back.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

I have the feeling they put more of an effort in this than in the episodes sometimes. I burst out laughing when Felicity poofed out of there.

1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

Just give me the baby, man! Hee.

14 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I just went through my DVDs... the Olicity supercut featurette is just being used to advertise and is not actually on the set. Meh.

That's really too bad since the article claims it's "a bonus feature from Arrow: The Complete Fourth Season". Maybe it's an Easter egg or something? Either way, it says something even if they put it together just for the sake of marketing.

2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Either way, it says something even if they put it together just for the sake of marketing.

Well, when it comes to money, they now what might create some buzz for them. Even though I don't understand why they'd do a supercut for the couple and not just the show. 

But poor Laurel. It is like they really didn't know what to do with her at all. But KC looks really pretty when she is actually allowed to look friendly. 

1 minute ago, bijoux said:

That's really too bad since the article claims it's "a bonus feature from Arrow: The Complete Fourth Season". Maybe it's an Easter egg or something? Either way, it says something even if they put it together just for the sake of marketing.

Yeah, I'm glad it was put together and sent to a general media outlet. Shows that they know what will draw the general audience to the show.

I'm hoping someone will be able to rip it from the USA Today link. 

Parker Young is really bad in this scene. I mean, I'm not feeling much from the regulars either, but that could be due to the fact that they have the same numb reaction across the board. But dude is comical here. Hell, if I had seen this in the episode I'd think Alex had something to do with Laurel's demise. The subsequent revelation that he was being drugged by HIVE would only have fueled this impression.

12 minutes ago, bijoux said:
It's sweet that Felicity brought Lance home with her, but what a load of meh all around.

I liked that scene, thought everyone did a good job. EBR did especially well conveying sorrow/ sadness without having any lines.

9 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I remember WH was spotted on location when they were filming this episode. I'm trying to remember who else was. Was it DR?

IIRC, it was just WH, Alex and reporters 

• Love 1

The screencap made me so happy because OTA plus Lyla is my crack. In the end, it's another Thea/Malcolm scene. Yawn.

Surprisingly and disappointigly, Felicity and Curtis' cut scene from 418 is not included. :/

• Love 3