Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Well, now I want Felicity to punch people on the show.

And if that guy could be

Spoiler

Felicity's boyfriend

while we're at it, I would probably manage to sit through it. LMAO.

Edited by Guest

From last weekend...

-- Includes footage that was previously posted (and transcribed) in this thread where CD said that Tommy's return to Arrow is only a rumor, although he would love it.

-- CD tells an anecdote about shooting with JB on a location where there's a giant escalator. It's a scene where Malcolm is accepting an award and there's shooting.  JB had to run up and down the escalator 30 times, although the down escalator was working. On the first take, JB said to him that they should sing something and suggested "Anything Goes".  So he and JB were literally dancing their way down the escalator in their tuxedos in front of a crowd of 150 people. CD: "It's a lot of fun... I love it. He's the consummate performer. He's incredible and so generous and lovely and wonderful."

Arrow/Chicago Med's Colin Donnell Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2016 Panel
Published on Aug 25, 2016, by Teenplicity

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I saw elsewhere (I can't link) that it was a promo for the gym.  Don't know if KC, EBR & EK were paid or pro bono.  Maybe boyfriend tossed some work KC's way as she did most of the talking.

Does DR work out there? I don't think I've ever seen anything with him.

Can I express my disappointment he wasn't involved? He does kickboxing and martial arts. It would have been perfect. I want that pretty.

• Love 2

Watch as UFC fighters Stephen Thompson and Elias Theodorou help train some of the actresses from Arrow...

Fight Night Vancouver: Arrow Actresses Train with UFC Fighters
Published on Aug 25, 2016, by UFC - Ultimate Fighting Championship 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Chaser said:

I think it is. It just looks like something changed with how much they are posting/liking/RT their trainer.

I don't follow this very cloely so I could be wrong. However, my impression is that the Gym Guy/Trainer is the one doing self promotion. He's using the cast/crew workouts to draw more attention to himself/his gym.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I just don't think there's anything there. No conspiracy, no payola going on. Just self promotion, trainer is using Arrow cast to drum up business. Actors using workouts to pimp themselve

This is actually what I meant. My point was just that it wasn't one sided. 

They've all posted gym pics before. Their trainers have posted pics of them. I think the only thing different is that it's the same trainer they're @ing and being posted by since they're all going to the same place now for whatever reason. Doubt we'all ever know the reason. 

• Love 1

I feel the need to clarify. I didn't mean to imply anything negative was going on. My thought process was literally 'They are interacting a lot with their trainer now. Maybe KC got her boyfriend a better deal'.  Nothing nefarious.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I feel the need to clarify. I didn't mean to imply anything negative was going on. My thought process was literally 'They are interacting a lot with their trainer now. Maybe KC got her boyfriend a better deal'.  Nothing nefarious.

I can't remember when SA started going to him - last season, I think? I remember him saying something about telling TPTB that if they wanted more shirtless stuff they had to pay for his trainer (and, I think, schedule time for his workouts?). Not sure if the studio pays for trainers for everyone, or if SA's really talked him up and got the others to go to him, or if the studio schedules times for workouts and he makes a window for them or whatever. I think he does have some kind of deal going to have so many Arrow cast there, just not sure what exactly it is.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

The Studio pays for all of them, has since S1. Although, they might put a cap on how much they're willing to pay.

I just figured this probably made it easier/cheaper for the studio to have everyone go to the same gym/trainer.

• Love 2

If they always paid, why did Stephen feel the need to specify - and publicly state - that he had to ask for it? Not doubting your word, by the way, just trying to get a clearer picture.

Edited by looptab
16 minutes ago, looptab said:

If they always paid, why did Stephen feel the need to specify - and publicly state - that he had to ask for it? Not doubting your word, by the way, just trying to get a clearer picture.

Since i have no idea what SA said i can't answer that. Do you have the quote?

All i know is that a trainer is generally covered by the studio and that KC stated that the studio covered her gym/trainer on Fashion Police in 2015.