Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

This is interesting - old pics of SA, KC, EBR, WH, DR, CH, PB, JB, ST, MB, BR and GG when they were younger (posted by First Last on youtube)...

This pic must be from S1, but I never saw it before...

• Love 2
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

This is interesting - old pics of SA, KC, EBR, WH, DR, CH, PB, JB, ST, MB, BR and GG when they were younger (posted by First Last on youtube)...

This pic must be from S1, but I never saw it before...

Tommy and Felicity are one of my favorite "should have been" tv couples.  Never had a scene together and yet I'm convinced they could have been a great pairing.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

Tommy and Felicity are one of my favorite "should have been" tv couples.  Never had a scene together and yet I'm convinced they could have been a great pairing.

I would have loved having them share scenes, but I honestly don't see them as a couple.

These photos of EBR really showcase how some things change, yet some stay the same. She's learned to pose since then, I don't think I've seen one recent photo of her that's unflattering. On the other hand, her choice in footwear is as questionable now as it was then.

• Love 5

You may remember that Greg Berlanti was an honoree at the Alliance of Women Directors Awards & Benefit Gala on April 28, 2016, at the Paley Center in Beverly Hills, for his support of women directors.   Here's video of GB comments at that event (he was introduced by Julie Plec) - posted by TraipsingThruFilms on youtube...

• Love 1

Video of full JB panel at Boston Comic Con on August 13 (posted on youtube by ChristineDoesCons) - partial transcription of Arrow-related comments below...

-- On what other DC TV character he would want to play, JB said that he's happy playing Malcolm Merlyn and wouldn't want to play any other character.

-- On what was his reaction to finding out he was losing both the League and his hand in S4, JB said that he tends not to look ahead of when he gets a script. He'll get a script and then read it to see what happens. He was "intrigued" because he wondered how he would fight without a hand. He understood why they had him lose the League of Assassins because there was only so much you could do with Malcolm in the League and as Ra's al Ghul. So he had to be "disconnected" from the League of Assassins.  

-- JB said that he couldn't tell us what's going to happen in the future, although he said: "You did notice that he got his hand back. We don't know if that was a bionic hand or if it was just a prosthetic or if he had just been to Jamie Lannister's house and borrowed something... Crossover episode! I would love that." JB noted that you think Oliver is going to chop off Malcolm's head but he chops off his hand instead.  He said that Oliver just can't kill Malcolm and that he knows why and sometimes uses that against Oliver. The reason, according to JB, is that Oliver knows what it's like not to have a father and Oliver doesn't want that to happen to his sister. "So no matter what crap I put you through, you will put up with it. And you will deal with it... No one knows what kinds of stashes I have put away." 

-- JB said that, if you've read The Dark Archer comics that he and his sister wrote, then you know that there's another secret that Malcolm's hiding, which was the impetus for those comics about Malcolm's back story:

"My name is not Malcolm Merlyn."

-- On how he prepares for different roles in different shows, like going from Doctor Who to Arrow, JB said that he doesn't analyze it that much. He doesn't get a script and "go, 'okay my motivation is this,' blah, blah, blah." Instead, he learns his lines, "gets in front of the camera and listens to the other person who's talking to me, and I answer them."  Usually, if he does that and "plays the personality and plays the words," it works. In terms of going from Captain Jack to Malcolm, it wasn't that much of a stretch because he doesn't have a problem "being an asshole." He said that Captain Jack was a hero and playing him completely changed his life.  He also said that playing Malcolm also completely changed his life because the Arrow EPs were Doctor Who fans.  He just puts on the costume and plays the part and has no problem doing it without deep analysis. "I don't know if that makes me a good actor or a bad actor." However, "seeing the response from people who love Jack and people who love and hate Merlyn," he though he was doing okay.

ETA: At the end of the panel, JB hinted that he was in talks to be in a Broadway show.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Oh they get paid for using it?  So are only those who signed a deal able to use facebook live? I thought all the verified user had access to it.  (I'm not on facebook, so I know next to nothing about how it works.)

43 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Car show, Macy's, Facebook, Cons and she is back to 'shop my instagram.' Everything but acting.

I have thoughts.

I think if she's doing the same after pilot season ends then yeah, I'm going to share the same thoughts...

When do actors usually audition for pilots?

5 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I think if she's doing the same after pilot season ends then yeah, I'm going to share the same thoughts...

When do actors usually audition for pilots?

There's no such thing as pilot season anymore, because cable + digital are casting year 'round.

NETWORK pilot season ended in Febuary, tho.

• Love 2
Just now, dtissagirl said:

There's no such thing as pilot season anymore, because cable + digital are casting year 'round.

NETWORK pilot season ended in Febuary, tho.

ah... So basically, I'm going to wait till Feb to see if she gets an acting gig. If not then I guess that's pretty much the end of her acting career as a lead on any TV show. Maybe she'll book a small recurring role/guest star role here or there... But I don't expect much more.

2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Facebook pays celebs to use their products, like Facebook live.

Wait, that's the same outfit from the Macy's photos over the weekend. Odd

Do they get paid each time they use it? Or just a flat fee for using it at all?

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Do they get paid each time they use it? Or just a flat fee for using it at all?

I have no idea but, i'd guess it's a standard endorsement thing. With the way Echo pimps out Snapchat i half wonder if he has some kind of deal with them.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Chaser said:

Car show, Macy's, Facebook, Cons and she is back to 'shop my instagram.' Everything but acting.

I have thoughts.

And the motion capture thing. For a video game?  Does anyone know what it was for exactly?

So that's why they were on set with LoT people when they gave BTS interviews for the early part of S4. I still love that blouse on EBR. And her hair looked awesome that day.

• Love 1

I don't know. I was super confused when I saw the Hawks and Savage until I saw EBR's and WH's outfits. So, they're releasing stuff almost a year after the fact. I don't know how that makes sense.

• Love 2

I thought I recognized EBR's blouse.

PR has been sitting on that video for a whole year, lol. Just like they had that random EBR/Felicity promo shot from Arrow season 2 that got released for the first time mid-season 4. Every time stuff like this gets unearthed, I feel more justified in despising CW PR and Suzanne Gomez.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 12

Britney Brings Colton Haynes On Stage To Get Whipped: “Beautiful! His Ass!”
by Matthew Tharrett  August 18, 2016
http://www.newnownext.com/britney-colton-haynes-harness/08/2016/

Colton Haynes joined Britney Spears on stage last night at her “Piece of Me” show in Las Vegas.

The 28-year-old actor was plucked from the audience and put in a leather harness to play the coveted role of “Britney’s bitch” during her “Freakshow” performance, and he spent the majority of it showing off his famed booty roll.

In a video Colton posted on Instagram, the pop icon gives him an air kiss and then turns away to fan herself.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4