Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I think that's pretty much EBR's norm. I spend my free time lazing on the couch with dogs, she spends hers working out. She seems actually to enjoy it. From my perspective, she may be an alien, but more power to her. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Anyone know what those weights are?  15 lbs maybe?  (No, I'm not competitive at all.)

Pretty sure I can make out a 25 on the front of the left one.

(edited)

UPDATED!  All SDCC 2016 and related events* featuring Arrow cast and/or crew this upcoming weekend...

THURSDAY, JULY 21:

11:00am - The 4th Annual Musical Anatomy of a Superhero
(panelists include Blake Neely (Arrow, Flash, LoT, Supergirl))

*11:00pm - Conan (TV): The CW Heroes
(guests include Stephen Amell, Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist)
http://teamcoco.com/schedule

FRIDAY, JULY 22:

10:30am - Intro to TV Writing
(panelists include Beth Schwartz (Arrow))

*3:00pm - Nerd HQ: A Conversation with Stephen Amell [sold out]
http://registration.thenerdmachine.com/conversation-schedule

4:15pm - TV Guide Magazine's Fan Favorites
(panelists include David Ramsey (Arrow), moderated by Damian Holbrook)

8:30pm - Romance in Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
(panelists include Katrina Law (Arrow))

SATURDAY, JULY 23:

3:30pm - Doctor Who and Torchwood Comics 
(panelists include John Barrowman)

5:45pm - Arrow Special Video Presentation and Q&A
(panelists not yet identified, moderated by Jarett Wieselman)

SUNDAY, JULY 24:

*9:00am - Nerd HQ: Stephen Amell [sold out]
http://registration.thenerdmachine.com/conversation-schedule

2:00pm - Anything Goes with John Barrowman

ETA:  Nerd HQ's website (under "Event Info") has a map that shows The Children's Museum as not that far from the San Diego Convention Center.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

SA facebook video from yesterday (the only spoilers mentioned in this video are about the

501/502 cross boarding, and Cody Rhodes appearing in 503.

)...

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow people that we know for sure (based on panels and tweets) will be at SDCC - 
SA, DR, EK, JB, KL, Blake Neely, Beth Schwartz

Arrow people that we expect will be at SDCC - 
GB, AK, MG, WM

Arrow people that we don't know for sure yet will be at SDCC - 
EBR, WH, PB, CR, AMA, JS, RG, MMcL, CLC, CP, TR

Edited by tv echo
6 minutes ago, tv echo said:

CR, AMA, JS, RG, MMcL, CLC, CP, TR

I don't know who half these people are, but why would  they  be at SDCC? Isn't usually just the regular cast attending?

(edited)

CR is Charlotte Ross (Donna) and AMA is Audrey Marie Anderson (Lyla).

SDCC is also an opportunity to introduce new cast members - for JS, RG, MMcL, CLC, CP and TR, see Spoilers thread.

Other regular cast members may be attending - I just haven't seen any confirmation yet. Maybe in the next few days (check tweets)?

Edited by tv echo
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So Olicity is canon...? Haha. I'm still huh?

The joke is most likely that he's angry bc the canon romance was not the prime romance. The whole meme is about his overt rage in the pic.

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Other regular cast members may be attending - I just haven't seen any confirmation yet. Maybe in the next few days (check tweets)?

I think it was a few weeks ago that EK answered a tweet suggesting they give EBR a surprise birthday party at SDCC saying that it was a good idea. So I assume he expected her to be there at leat at that point in time.

• Love 1
(edited)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

30 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think maybe it's a reference to the people who are responding to writer/EP tweets with "Olicity." 

Good point. That is about as annoying as when people just responded with NoLaurelNoArrow. At some point it becomes spam, IMO.

1 hour ago, AyChihuahua said:

The joke is most likely that he's angry bc the canon romance was not the prime romance. The whole meme is about his overt rage in the pic.

I thought Ben was making a point about how whenever they mention Olicity they get anger about it not being comic canon but it's possible he's also trolling. IDK. If what you're saying is accurate, they should have hired actors with chemistry rather than the cardboard cutouts that SA and KC become whenever they're together. Just saying, it's a problem of their own making so they can STFU.

But again, IDK what he was trying to say tbh.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I thought Ben was making a point about how whenever they mention Olicity they get anger about it not being comic canon but it's possible he's also trolling. IDK. If what you're saying is accurate, they should have hired actors with chemistry rather than the cardboard cutouts that SA and KC become whenever they're together. Just saying, it's a problem of their own making so they can STFU.

But again, IDK what he was trying to say tbh.

I am getting kind of confused, but what I was trying to say is that I THINK Ben, to the extent he's intentionally saying anything, is making fun of anti-Olicity feelings. The memes using that pic, the vast majority of which are unrelated to Arrow, are making fun of Giuliani's rage face by using it to illustrate other silly issues ppl rage about.

• Love 5

I think Ben is saying O/F fandom is silly when there are ~serious things~ happening in the world. Because, you know, being in 'shippy fandom and paying attention to real life are totally mutually exclusive.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Getting away from real world issues is pretty much why I watch the show, Ben! Put your phone down pls. 

Truth! Isn't one of the reasons people are so interested because watching the news these days, you'd wish there were superheroes in reality and because we know that we watch tv in which we can pretend the world can be a better place. 

Edited by Belinea
(edited)

If people stopped spamming (pro and anti) then the writers wouldn't be so annoyed. I get that Olicity and Black Canary are important to the fandom but for those of us who aren't exclusive to either fandom post after post especially with one or two words can tip you into wishing the Olicity romance goes the way of Black Canary. Dead for good. Though I think Oliver is going to be in a prissy angry mood because he's not getting any and that's going to be fun (not). 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

should we just not watch or care then? Why are these people all so inept at marketing/publicity/generating any kind of positive buzz? 

They probably know that nobody will be happy and they are now just making the show for themselves. Meaning they don't care about opinions other than their own. Or maybe they still have a bruised ego.

Last but not least, maybe they are actually trying to prepare people that the stuff they like is being dropped and therefore they are preparing them for dropping the show. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, tarotx said:

If people stopped spamming (pro and anti) then the writers wouldn't be so annoyed. I get that Olicity and Black Canary are important to the fandom but for those of us who aren't exclusive to either fandom post after post especially with one or two words can tip you into wishing the Olicity romance goes the way of Black Canary. Dead for good. Though I think Oliver is going to be in a prissy angry mood because he's not getting any and that's going to fun (not). 

But you are reading replies to the writers/showrunners/actors on social media because you want to. There's always the choice to not read the comments.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, tarotx said:

If people stopped spamming (pro and anti) then the writers wouldn't be so annoyed. I get that Olicity and Black Canary are important to the fandom but for those of us who aren't exclusive to either fandom post after post especially with one or two words can tip you into wishing the Olicity romance goes the way of Black Canary. Dead for good. 

I'm an Olicity fan and spamming the writers with simply the word 'Olicity' is pissing me off too. It's dumb.

18 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I think Ben is saying O/F fandom is silly when there are ~serious things~ happening in the world. Because, you know, being in 'shippy fandom and paying attention to real life are totally mutually exclusive.

I like how it's only exclusive to O/F fans though. What a joke.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

But you are reading replies to the writers/showrunners/actors on social media because you want to. There's always the choice to not read the comments.

Yeah and I don't have to see it every day. But the writers and producers don't have that choice. 

• Love 1

What I'm gathering from reading the answers to his tweets is that Olicity fans feel mocked, and Anti.Olicity fans feel insulted to be compared  to Trump. So he basically pissed off the entire fandom this time around.

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm an Olicity fan and spamming the writers with simply the word 'Olicity' is pissing me off too. It's dumb.

Wait, is that seriously happening?

(edited)

If he's pissed about people spamming him, then he can simply tweet, "Please stop spamming me with Olicity" instead of all of this roundabout, you-can-read-it-either-way BS. Engaging really isn't that difficult, show people. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, looptab said:

Wait, is that seriously happening?

OMG yes. Literally every single thing the writers or show runners tweet, certain O/F fans respond with 'Olicity.' MG retweeted something about LoT and they still responded with Olicity. I suppose it's better than the hate that was rampant for a while but it's ridiculous.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, tarotx said:

Yeah and I don't have to see it every day. But the writers and producers don't have that choice. 

They can not be on social media. They can get verified and use the special verified app that only shows replies from verified people. They can block/mute a whole plethora of things on Twitter. They read the comments because they want to.

I get it's probably super annoying for them, but it's also part of silly social media. I can't get upset on their behalf for silly stuff. It's different when it's actual harassment, like what happened to Leslie Jones yesterday, which was some of the grossest things I've ever seen in life.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

They can not be on social media. They can get verified and use the special verified app that only shows replies from verified people. They can block/mute a whole plethora of things on Twitter. They read the comments because they want to.

They really don't have a lot of options since cast&crew Twitter accounts is how the CW does promo. But yeah they could get off and then the Spam will just continue to the main account and any Hashtag. And I really mean every Hashtag. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1
(edited)

But then again couldn't anyone just spam them? Meaning you wouldn't have to be a fan but could also be a hater and just trying to get to them. 

I think it is just not the nicest thing to passive-aggressively mock your fans. What good will that do? At the end of the day these people care enough to watch your show. But then again, maybe they should really just watch the news or something else. 

It just bugs me that whenever they need buzz or promotion they use the fandom (especially the O/F) but if not then they make it seem as though they almost look down on them or they couldn't be bothered with that nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Or depending on what the spoilers are,  maybe they'll get worse....

I have a feeling that it will get worse. Just my general impression this year. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If he's pissed about people spamming him, then he can simply tweet, "Please stop spamming me with Olicity" instead of all of this roundabout, you-can-read-it-either-way BS. Engaging really isn't that difficult, show people. 

8 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

OMG yes. Literally every single thing the writers or show runners tweet, certain O/F fans respond with 'Olicity.' MG retweeted something about LoT and they still responded with Olicity. I suppose it's better than the hate that was rampant for a while but it's ridiculous.

LOL oh dear.. but, anyway, at this point is just an assumption that the spamming and his Giuliani tweet are related, right? It really can be interpreted either way. When I first read the tweet on here I had no idea what he was talking about, then went on twitter and read his other tweets I thought he was addressing the anti- crowd, while other people thought he was referring to the Olicity fans..so I don't think the spam has to do with it, is what I'm saying.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

If he's tweeting Giuliani gifs and Trump questions because of spamming - and neither of those things directly address the spamming or his desire for it to stop in any way, no wonder half the shit on Arrow doesn't make any sense. 

• Love 8