Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Cons are a great way to make money especially for actors who aren't in demand but have a group of devoted fans. Richard Hatch is at Comic Con every year and I always get his autograph. He's super nice and people (not me I'm cheap) buy his photos for $50 at minimum. I also see Julie Newmar (she and her daughter recognize me now cause I've talked about my Catwoman love with them) and some of the new Battlestar Galactica actors every year for the same kind of deal. Done right they can make a lot of money. KC is smart to take advantage of that. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Well Colin was fired more than three years ago and he is still doing cons LOL.

I don't follow the con circuit outside of this board, so my knowledge is limited - however, it does seem like Colin only does the HVFF. And if my friends organized a paid weekend for me to get together and hang out with each other while being paid & adored by fans I would sign up for it in a heartbeat. Heck even if was being organized by professional strangers, I might sign up in the location, timing and people going were favorable. I'm not a celebrity or have any significant role in anything - but I love to travel, have luggage, the ability to gab about nothing and public speak - so any con that is looking for talent to book for panels feel free to contact my people :)

On ANOTHER note, regarding KC ~

It's different if the sole or majority of your income is from cons. But whatever, KC is doing her thing, I wish her nothing but the best. I hope she is pursuing other opportunities, however, I'm no invested in finding out what those are. And KC is totally angling to get back into a Flarrowverse show, wouldn't anybody? It's decent money, she seems to be friends with cast, and its a comic book series so no one truly "dies" in theory (and Arrow has resurrected a lot of dead people). Even then there are always flashbacks & AUs, plus Black Siren is not dead. Trust me, I don't think TPTB have any intentions of bringing her back in an substantial capacity, but I can't fault the girl for trying.

It's different if I was angry with certain aspects or how situations were handled like ST and refused to come back. Or if I was being offered an abundance of roles that returning would be problematic. But she seems to be caught in a really grey neutral zone, where other than killing off LL, she seems OK with TPTB and it doesn't seem like the world of opportunities is knocking on her door. So she might be dying to move forward and leave Flarrowverse behind in a cloud of dust - however bills & life do not pay for itself. Working the cons is a good career option for her on multiple levels.

And if people are willing to pay, I think it will be a long time before KC leaves booking the con circuit. However, I fully anticipate her cancelling last minute and showing up late to fully continue. I do have a very tiny con near my hometown that recently had John Wesley Shipp as the headliner (I also think he has local ties to the area). I almost went for Dawson purposes but it was last minute so I didn't bother. If she books that one then I might side-eye it a little bit, it might be scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, kismet said:

I don't follow the con circuit outside of this board, so my knowledge is limited - however, it does seem like Colin only does the HVFF. And if my friends organized a paid weekend for me to get together and hang out with each other while being paid & adored by fans I would sign up for it in a heartbeat. Heck even if was being organized by professional strangers, I might sign up in the location, timing and people going were favorable. I'm not a celebrity or have any significant role in anything - but I love to travel, have luggage, the ability to gab about nothing and public speak - so any con that is looking for talent to book for panels feel free to contact my people :)

He recently was at the con in Paris..

As I said I don't have a problem with celebrities meeting fans and getting paid for autographs and pics, I don't really care. What I think doesn't really make sense is to make them do a panel about a show they left years ago.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Chaser said:

99.9% sure the movie she mentioned a couple times was the Wolves one filmed awhile back. 

Staying up in VanCity, the Con PR. IMO, she is angling for her role back in any compacity. 

If anything, the two (KC/Flarrowverse) have already had conversations about her coming back or not which could be why she stays in VC. Her staying around VC isn't going to make their ears perk up if the general interest isn't there.

5 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

I've worked a few Wizard World cons back in the day and had a lot of fun. I had to wear an unattractive orange t-shirt, but got some one on one with Allison Mack and comic guys George Perez and a few others when I was working their autograph lines. Who wants to join me in San Jose? /not serious /maybe serious /unsure

I'm going! It's probably not going to be nearly as interesting as this last one, I think. Last year's HVFF SJ was pretty chill

• Love 1

You guys should volunteer report back all the juicy details. Wasn't HVFF SJ one of the first events ever for HVFF? It might get to be a little more crazy this time around.

10 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

He should be this worried about his apostrophe usage, which is horrendous. 

9 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

He should also worry about his liver.

I don't know why these two comments next to one another made me laugh soo hard. lol

• Love 2
(edited)

SA's solo panel at HVFF-NY on July 3rd (posted on youtube by djjezza2 yesterday) - most of the panel is nonspoilery (but warning: some spoilery info - transcriptions posted in the Spoilers thread)...

Stephen Amell panel part 1 @ Heroes and Villains Fest NJ 7-3-16

Stephen Amell panel part 2 @ Heroes and Villains Fest NJ 7-3-16

Stephen Amell panel part 3 @ Heroes and Villains Fest NJ 7-3-16

Edited by tv echo

Video of Sunday's Arrow panel (DR, CD, WH, KL) at HVFF-NY (posted on youtube by djjezza2 yesterday)...

Arrow panel no 2 part 1 @ Heroes and Villains Fest NJ 7-3-1

Arrow panel no 2 part 2 @ Heroes and Villains Fest NJ 7-3-1

6 minutes ago, bijoux said:

They cut Steve's hair! Why? It was looking pretty good.

Didn't he said that he had to cut it because of the grey hair? Or he'd have to dye it...

(edited)

CmpGyF5WgAMzjWB.jpg

Tyler Shields released the other photo as promised.

As a fan of old school films, i love this photograph, it's very Film Noir.  Actually,  I loved that entire shoot, the whole theme was amazing. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I am not a smoker, but is that cigarette exceptionally long?

Virgina Slims? Those are designed to look more elegant amd are longer and slimmer than the average cigarette.

Edited by Morrigan2575
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Virgina Slims? Those are designed to look more elegant amd are longer and slimmer than the average cigarette.

Ahhh, yes, I remember the Virginia Slims ads from my youth. /is old

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Ahhh, yes, I remember the Virginia Slims ads from my youth. /is old

Hah! I remember when my older cousins used to send me (a tween) down the block to the liquor store to buy their cigarettes for them. 

• Love 1

I wish that cigarette was shorter. The length seems odd and throws off the photos, IMO. Still, EBR is gorgeous in those photos. I love her in black and white. Sounds like there's more to the shoot because she almost mentioned breaking into construction sites, LOL! Probably never gonna happen but I wish Tyler Shields could persuade Stephen to do a shoot with her. He can stand or sit like a tree stump and EBR can pose around him :P

• Love 6
(edited)

I'd be more inclined to vote in his dumb sports poll if he or any of the cast or even the CW ever acknowledged any of the fandom poll/awards stuff. Until then he can do it himself. Bye! Haha.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 7

I'm not doing any polls for any Arrow stuff or non-Arrow stuff they want help with. Well, maybe something related to Digg and/or Felicity, who I still love. SA and his friendzoning comments and the EPs and their idiotic story choices deserve the crappy poll results they're getting.

56 minutes ago, looptab said:

hey, what do you know, I liked her in that interview. Who knew it was even possible?! :D.

I'll have you know, I clicked play just because of your comment.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I'll have you know, I clicked play just because of your comment.

Agh! Too much responsibility to put on my shoulders! :D

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1