Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

The "bitch stole my man" comment on its own was just a pretty awkward and clumy comment to defuse the situation. I'd brush it off and blame it on the terrible mod...If it wasn't for KC's endless "Oliver is the love of Laurel's life" spiel that she promotes against every other actor and writers pov. When she pushes that head canon so hard and then jokes that Felicity is a bitch and stole Oliver in front of an anti-Felicity audience, it's hard to believe she meant it as a joke and not her genuine perspective. 

• Love 19

I feel like I would have to see a longer & clearer clip before I would talk bad about KC for that 20-30sec remark. Honestly, I can barely make out what she said. However, I just can't bear to sit through another clip. I do blame the moderator. Perhaps she should not have gone along with it. Yes, she definitely should have handled the situation better. But that moderator was absolutely unprofessional.

It's also a pet peeve of mine when people interchange an actor's name when they are talking about a character. Just because you love EBR as a coworker/friend, doesn't mean you have to like her character. I actually have friends from my job, that I actually hate working shifts with. I feel like she was blurring the line with her initial answer, which only leads to more complications. The initial question was not about EBR, it was about FS. But que sera sera.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, TimetravellingBW said:

When she pushes that head canon so hard and then jokes that Felicity is a bitch and stole Oliver in front of an anti-Felicity audience, it's hard to believe she meant it as a joke and not her genuine perspective. 

I think she tried it as a joke, and the joke doesn't work mostly because it is her genuine perspective. 

• Love 21
(edited)

It's unfortunate that the MOD took it there and its unfortunate that KC tried to 'joke' it off in such a way.

It would have been nice if KC used that opportunity to cut that kind of talk down. KC not being a fan of Felicity doesn't bother me at all but she herself has commented on the hate Laurel received and the hate she received so I find it sad that she encourages it for another character and her supposed friend. Even if that isn't her intention, that's how it comes across too me. Frankly, I think she is having a great time with Laurel's death. She gets to bath in this 'affection' and the fact that it is coming at the expense of her co-workers doesn't seem to phase her at all. She enjoys playing to that audience.

I'm never going to be a fan. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 17

From the short clip, which is all I've seen, it seems more like KC is empowered by the mod's comment instead of trying to diffuse it.  It's like her "no, she's great. I love her. She's my friend" is just insincere protesting--not one word of that sounds sincere.  And as soon as the mod says "She's irritating," KC changes direction so fast from "I love her. She's my friend" to "She is. Bitch stole my man." Um, feeding a crowd exactly what it wants is rarely an attempt to diffuse a situation, even when you tack on an awkward laugh at the end.

It's hard to believe that this is the same KC who's given interviews about portraying a strong woman and girl power and all that. Oh, right.  Even those statements were clearly at odds with her own head canon. 

• Love 23
34 minutes ago, TimetravellingBW said:

The "bitch stole my man" comment on its own was just a pretty awkward and clumy comment to defuse the situation. I'd brush it off and blame it on the terrible mod...If it wasn't for KC's endless "Oliver is the love of Laurel's life" spiel that she promotes against every other actor and writers pov. When she pushes that head canon so hard and then jokes that Felicity is a bitch and stole Oliver in front of an anti-Felicity audience, it's hard to believe she meant it as a joke and not her genuine perspective. 

I tend to think along these lines.  I don't think she meant it to come off as anything but a joke in the moment, but I also think that she does think Felicity stole half her role on the show.  And yeah, I think it bugs KC as I know it would bug me to lose a part that should have been a lock.

Thing is Felicity isn't the reason why Laurel lost Love Interest from her resume or added expendable to it.  

Still, why should I really care at this point?   

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

This is seriously one of the most adorable fan pics I've ever seen. DR as number one OTA fan had to have been tickled.

I really love seeing little girls dressed up as Felicity.  Easy costume, great hero.  Might even encourage an interest in programming. 

• Love 15

I have nothing much to say about those clips posted except KC needs to have some training at how to answer questions or just generally handle being at a con. I mean, it is her only job now. 

I'm more interested to see KC's mentions on Twitter. If EBR had said anything like that people would be attacking her. I bet KC is getting praised. Smh. Oh well. Not like it matters. :D

Also CUTEST OTA PICTURE EVER! I love that DR posted it too, he must have loved it! 

• Love 7

I think she was trying to make a joke - as she was trying to make a joke when she asked Geoff Johns if he read the comics - except, she chooses always the wrong time and place to make them. And it isn't really her strong suit, so she should just refrain. Compare it with that video of Caity Lotz telling EBR that she was getting her sloppy seconds.Or Stephen's comments about Ray Palmer ("I won't apologize to Brandon after what happened last episode"). That's how you joke about the characters. As you said, given her headcanon it's easy to read it as her talking seriously. Though, didn't she say that they tried to portray a Laurel/Felicity friendship? *snorts*

2 hours ago, Chaser said:

Frankly, I think she is having a great time with Laurel's death. She gets to bath in this 'affection' and the fact that it is coming at the expense of her co-workers doesn't seem to phase her at all. She enjoys playing to that audience.

Of course she does. That's the most affection and support she has received since the show started. 

• Love 2

Katie "my character is more than just a simple LI, but keeps making salty remarks about the actual LI on the show" Cassidy

But then i guess she felt Oliver is the property of LL, and that LL was gonna get that ring. Who cares about self respect and support for other female characters, huh Katie?

• Love 3

I think she was trying to make a joke but I could feel the (real) bitterness across the screen, LOL. Meant or not as a joke there are some things you avoid to say in front of strangers and KC doesn't get that. Like that time she said to SA the best thing about Oliver was "how much ass he gets" and he was dying on the inside or when she posted the pic of herself in the refrigerator in reference to Sara being fridged for her..her brand of humor makes her come across as a mean girl.

• Love 9

Full KC panel at Fan Expo Dallas this past weekend (I haven't watched it, so please don't ask me what she said)...

Katie Cassidy Q&A Panel (Arrow - Black Canary) - Fan Expo Dallas 2016 - Dallas Comic Con 2016
Published on Jun 6, 2016, by Adam Perez

(edited)

Nonspoilery video clips from SA panel at Wizard World Philadelphia on June 4 (two spoilery video clips have been posted in the Spoilers thread) - here, he talks about Turtles, Laurel's death and his "ugly cry face", Moira's death, and his Code8 project...

Clips from Stephen Amell at Wizard World Philadelphia 2016
Published on Jun 6, 2016, by Pure Fandom

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Report on highlights from DR panel at Phoenix Comicon on June 3rd...

Phoenix Comicon Spotlight on Arrow’s David Ramsey
by Nikki Kaiser on June 6, 2016
http://hollywoodnewssource.com/phoenix-comicon-spotlight-on-arrows-david-ramsey/#.V1bRX_krLIU

... Ramsey teased that Diggle will, of course, be coming back to the team, but he doesn’t know how or when.  He also hinted that there may be some big changes coming to Arrow due to the events in the finale of the Flash.  As we know, the two shows, along with Legends of Tomorrow, are all connected into the same CW DC universe, thus what happens in one show could have major effects on the others.  Ramsey guessed (and he emphasized that he is only guessing) that the Flashpoint twist may be the network’s way of tying in the newly acquired Supergirl.   He, like many of us, is extremely excited to see all four DC shows come together for the planned crossover episode and, considering his hilarious response to the Flash, cannot wait to see what Diggle’s reaction will be to a flying woman.

Ramsey was very vocal about his wishlist for the upcoming season.  When asked what he would like to see for Diggle, Ramsey responded that he would love to see Diggle from one of the alternate universes come in with a “ring of power”.  This hints at the Green Lantern who, in the comics, is an ally of the Green Arrow and fights alongside him.  He also wants to see more of the fighting and action that was central to the earlier seasons of the show.  This last season focused more on magic, which he says reminds him more of the Flash than of Arrow.  He even quipped that, when the nukes were in the air at the end of season 4, Team Arrow should have just “called the Flash.”

One of the most exciting parts of the panel was when Ramsey talked about his costars on the show.  He talked about all the “immature, fourth grade style” pranks the cast play on one another and did impressions of “method actor” Paul Blackthorn and, my personal favorite, Stephen Amell’s “butt acting”.  Amell apparently has a habit of crossing his arms and acting by flexing his butt cheeks.  The entire audience was laughing hysterically as Ramsey demonstrated this on stage.

Another fun fact from the panel: apparently Suicide Squad’s Harley Quinn was set to make an appearance on the show, but was cut on the day of filming.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Another short video clip from SA panel at Wizard World Philadelphia...

Stephen Amell Wants To Be A Part Of Jason Bourne Franchise
Published on Jun 6, 2016, by Comicbook.com

(edited)

So Katie doesn't like to really rehearse scenes because she has set up the emotions she needs in her own head and run-throughs can mess with her head? She likes her character to live in the moment? Even Table readings can throw her off. There was no table reading for 4.18. I can see how that can be an issue with other actors who need to set up scenes. The different approaches can really affect each other. (That is my take of what she said - not word for word).

Katie thought the death was going to be a fake out death but she goes "No Katie you are wrong because it's you". That had to be an extra hard hit for her. 

And the bitch was a joke but the bitterness does come through a bit. I think because Katie had just been talking EBR when the Mod said she was irritating, that Bitch felt more personal than it was surely meant too. Plus Bitch can just be a really nasty word.

tumblr_mvji88NHJ11rq49qyo2_250.gif

And Twitter seemed fun last night >.< I still wish people wouldn't tag the artist. I only feel comfortable responding negativity if it's an official social media post. But I do understand how some could feel otherwise since it was Katie talking here. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 10

@tarotx, since you watched the KC panel video, did she actually say that she didn't think the death would be her because "she's BC"? I saw that tweeted by someone who was there, and I thought it was a pretty bold thing to say.

7 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I think she was trying to make a joke but I could feel the (real) bitterness across the screen, LOL. Meant or not as a joke there are some things you avoid to say in front of strangers and KC doesn't get that. Like that time she said to SA the best thing about Oliver was "how much ass he gets" and he was dying on the inside or when she posted the pic of herself in the refrigerator in reference to Sara being fridged for her..her brand of humor makes her come across as a mean girl.

Al Franken invented the phrase "kidding on the square" for that kind of thing. When you really mean it, but frame it as a joke to seem like less of an ass/have some plausible deniability..."Geez, I was just kidding, can't you take a joke?!?!" I think that's a great phrase and use it a lot.

Also, KC's an asshole. But the only career she's nuking is her own, so whatevs.

• Love 10

So Katie doesn't like to really rehearse scenes because she has set up the emotions she needs in her own head and run-throughs can mess with her head? She likes her character to live in the moment? Even Table readings can throw her off. There was no table reading for 4.18. I can see how that can be an issue with other actors who need to set up scenes. The different approaches can really affect each other. (That is my take of what she said - not word for word).

Well, if people still doubted that DR was talking about KC in that panel (about actors that don't work with you and give nothing back in a scene)....

• Love 10
(edited)
43 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

@tarotx, since you watched the KC panel video, did she actually say that she didn't think the death would be her because "she's BC"? I saw that tweeted by someone who was there, and I thought it was a pretty bold thing to say.

I actually only skimmed watch >.< Cons can be super embarrassing for me to watch so I always skim. But I did watch a large chunk - though not everything. I think she didn't believe any of the leads would be killed but  "surprised they killed one of the lead characters".  The death part I watched is at 33.50 to about 35:40. A little girl had asked how she would rewrite the script where she couldn't die.  I actually didn't watch anything after though because a Flash question came up and Katie said she didn't watch the Flash. 

And Her talking about her working/acting process is about 18:02

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, tarotx said:

I actually only skimmed watch >.< Cons can be super embarrassing for me to watch so I always skim. But I did watch a large chunk - though not everything. I think she didn't believe any of the leads would be killed but  "surprised they killed one of the lead characters".  The death part I watched is at 33.50 to about 35:40. A little girl had asked how she would rewatch the script where she couldn't die.  I actually didn't watch anything after though because a Flash question came up and Katie said she didn't watch the Flash. 

And Her talking about her working/acting process is about 18:02

You have more tolerance than I do, haha. Thanks for the recap. 

(edited)

Wait. there wasn't a table read for 418 or she didn't go?

Anyway, yeah, now we know why she seems to be in a different scenes than her on screen partners'. Does she know she works with other people as well?

Edited by looptab
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tarotx said:

And the bitch was a joke but the bitterness does come through a bit. Plus Katie had just been talking EBR when the Mod said she was irritating. So that Bitch felt more personal than it was surely meant too. Plus Bitch can just be a really nasty word.

tumblr_mvji88NHJ11rq49qyo2_250.gif

@tarotx, this is everything!

• Love 3
(edited)

I watched the video. The moment I started hearing the booing after Emily's/Felicity's name was said plus some other jerks in the audience screamed something also. I said nope to the rest of the video.

I was talking about that specific part of the video. Also like I said before she never gets asked anything worth while. It's always the same things with the costume and fighting. Nothing new.

Edited by EmilyBettFan
  • Love 2
(edited)

Report on SA panel at Wizard World Philadelphia...

Philadelphia Wizard World 2016: Marvel, Arrow & Back to the Future Panels!
By Joe Vallee at 12:09 am on Wednesday June 8, 2016
http://www.philly2philly.com/entertainment/entertainment_articles/2016/6/8/210948/philadelphia_wizard_world_2016_marvel_arrow_bac

Next up was Arrow/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows star Stephen Amell, who has seemingly been everywhere on the planet during the last month promoting his new film, which was number one last weekend at the box office.

When Amell was asked about the death of team Arrow’s Black Canary on this year’s fourth season of his CW show, he mentioned that actress Katie Cassidy's scene was one of two times on the show when he “made an ugly cry face and they totally put it on TV.” The other time was Amell's final scene he shared with his on-screen mother, Susanna Thompson, during the show’s second season in 2014.

Amell is also on board with his alter ego Oliver Queen becoming the Mayor of Star City, which happened in the end moments of the season finale several weeks ago. 

“We should really make Green Arrow someone who is an advocate of the people,” he suggested.

Other interesting parts of the Q&A included the possibility of a four-night crossover featuring Arrow and fellow CW shows The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl, which joins the network for the show’s second season. “I would suspect that Oliver would be meeting Supergirl at some point,” said Amell.

Edited by tv echo

I can't go back and watch the episode, because I just can't bear it at this point.

But is the Ugly Cryface the one SA does with PB?? Because the more this ugly cry is reported, the more I remember that SA & PB crushed that hallway scene. It was about the only response to the death that I found emotionally stirring. For me that heartbreak felt genuine. Because as much as I think the show & OQ's life is better off not having LL in it (though death was an extreme for the show), the thought of QL losing his beloved daughter was too much to take.

Losing a child (especially tragically) is one of the most emotionally devastating things one can bear witness to nevermind live through - so I imagine their motivations and emotions ran pretty raw in that scene if they were truly getting into the minds of their characters. Especially if one takes account for SA's feelings regarding fatherhood.

In the end, the potential ugly cryface makes me believe it has nothing to do with LL and mostly everything to do with QL, which I can support. I believe OQ's first solitary tear during the first flash forward represents how OQ felt about LL. However, the ugly cry face reflects how OQ felt about QL's loss.

And for me that solves the mystery of the ugly cryface.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, kismet said:

I can't go back and watch the episode, because I just can't bear it at this point.

But is the Ugly Cryface the one SA does with PB?? Because the more this ugly cry is reported, the more I remember that SA & PB crushed that hallway scene. It was about the only response to the death that I found emotionally stirring. For me that heartbreak felt genuine. Because as much as I think the show & OQ's life is better off not having LL in it (though death was an extreme for the show), the thought of QL losing his beloved daughter was too much to take.

Losing a child (especially tragically) is one of the most emotionally devastating things one can bear witness to nevermind live through - so I imagine their motivations and emotions ran pretty raw in that scene if they were truly getting into the minds of their characters. Especially if one takes account for SA's feelings regarding fatherhood.

In the end, the potential ugly cryface makes me believe it has nothing to do with LL and mostly everything to do with QL, which I can support. I believe OQ's first solitary tear during the first flash forward represents how OQ felt about LL. However, the ugly cry face reflects how OQ felt about QL's loss.

And for me that solves the mystery of the ugly cryface.

He mentions the scene with KC so I'd say the "ugly cry face" was the one he made when she showed him the pic. I got confused at the beginning because from people's tweets it seemed he said he "ugly cried" instead there was no crying, just a "ugly cry face". Try to google "ugly cry face" and compare the pics with the face he did in that moment LOL.

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe he was just surprised he managed to emote in a scene with KC, and that's why he's making this fuss about it. /mean/

Edited by looptab
  • Love 17
21 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Also from this should I take that his spontaneous reaction to the appearance of the picture of doom was terror? Me too, Stephen, me too. :D

I read it as terror too LOL.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, foreverevolving said:

I think he is actually biting his lips!!

Like I really took that reaction as Oliver thinking "Oh my gods. This nutbird really still loves me. Please make this go away" .

• Love 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, tv echo said:

EK with Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk...

That's a really funny bunch of people. Are they all in a new project together?

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

This one?

tumblr_inline_o5cspjpHqG1shrb8p_500.gif

I wouldn't say it's bad acting. Sure SA's not playing super sad but I think he's pretty clear in emoting what's fitting for the situation: horrified, shocked, a bit of revulsion and a lot of pity. (Whether that was deliberate is another question). And that qualifies as an ugly crying face imo, it's just an ugly crying face because Oliver's realised he's never going to be free of Laurels obsessive stalking rather than because she's dead. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, TimetravellingBW said:

I wouldn't say it's bad acting. Sure SA's not playing super sad but I think he's pretty clear in emoting what's fitting for the situation: horrified, shocked, a bit of revulsion and a lot of pity. (Whether that was deliberate is another question). And that qualifies as an ugly crying face imo, it's just an ugly crying face because Oliver's realised he's never going to be free of Laurels obsessive stalking rather than because she's dead. 

Oh my...

Cigv5oiUYAA-d7m.jpg

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, TimetravellingBW said:

Even more because at that point she was supposedly going to live. He probably  forced a few tears out hoping to get another hug from Felicity. :D

• Love 3