Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

The homage to BC.... I thought the design on the new helmet was already set? 

Please don't make Diggle honor another Canary. Sara still doesn't make sense. 

• Love 10

Seriously Dig just get a pet and name it Laurel. I wouldn't be opposed to another cute baby, even though naming it after LL makes no sense.

I do wonder though if they'll keep LLs costume on display in the lair as an in honor/memoriam.

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

SA answers fan questions from London...

Stephen Amell Live from Facebook. TMNT Movie premieres June
Published on Jun 6, 2016, by Alex Leo

Is it worth watching?

35 minutes ago, tv echo said:

A bit of lace detailing on his leather jacket?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, kismet said:

It actually would be sold the potential of death better. Because if she was that injured he felt the need to say that, she was bad off.

I also remember my station made sure to show the preview of the hospital, so they had time. I do feel jipped.

Knowing they CHOSE to cut that scene suddenly makes me wonder if a lot of the show's issues aren't based on poor editing choices. 

• Love 9

"And now he has a wife who's the head of argus. And we have a new show coming out...The Diggles.
...that's a joke. But it shouldn't be"

Why? WHY?  Why do all of these fantastic-souding spin-offs have to just be teases???

I really want Felicity and Friends and The Diggles!

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Knowing they CHOSE to cut that scene suddenly makes me wonder if a lot of the show's issues aren't based on poor editing choices. 

I think the problem with most shows is the editing. I mean if you look at SPN, which I use as the example because I know the directors and writers better than Arrow.

I can tell say a Phil Sgriccia directed episode almost immediately  because he takes so much extra time to let a scene breathe and the cinematography has his style. So when his episodes are weird and choppy with little to no breathing room and then find out later that important scenes were cut I blame it on the final edits. According to Guy Norman Bee the final edits are up to the editor, the producers and network.  

• Love 1

The Diggles would need another writing team, because of all the times I felt excited about an upcoming Diggle episode my expectations were met once. It pains me to say it but most of them fell flat.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, bijoux said:

The Diggles would need another writing team, because of all the times I felt excited about an upcoming Diggle episode my expectations were met once. It pains me to say it but most of them fell flat.

Eh, get new writers then.  I just love the characters and the way they're portrayed.  I'm always excited to see Lyla, and I love those rare scenes between her and John.  And, if I can get baby Sara involved in stunts like her recent motorcycle escape, then I'm even happier! 

(edited)
10 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't think KC said that she was irritating, I think the "She is..." is the beginning of something that got drown out by the crowd? I can't tell what she's saying after, though, so maybe I'm wrong. 

God I hope so... I'm more irritated at that mod for actually enabling the audience thereby putting KC in a much more awkward position. Not a fan of how KC handled it either... The laughs just put me off (personal pet peeve of mine...)

[ETA. I'm in a rather foul mood today so I'm most likely overreacting]

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

God I hope so... I'm more irritated at that mod for actually enabling the audience thereby putting KC in a much more awkward position. Not a fan of how KC handled it either... The laughs just put me off (personal pet peeve of mine...)

Yeah, she's not great at these panels, and that mod put her in a really awkward position. 

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, she's not great at these panels, and that mod put her in a really awkward position. 

You're right. :p

Totally overreacted. I guess I was just super annoyed at the situation.

13 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

I could be mishearing it, but I think KC said "She is...Bitch stole my man, it's fine", after the mod's comment. 

That's what I heard too. Wow. Video proof of how unprofessional she is.

(edited)
31 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

I could be mishearing it, but I think KC said "She is...Bitch stole my man, it's fine", after the mod's comment. 

LOL if that's the case, any goodwill I had towards her has vanished. .

I mean I wonder why she'd say that if she loves EBR? smh

I remember I made a vow not to talk about KC again. LOL I failed so hard. *smacks forehead*

Edited by wonderwall

I assume the moderator was referring to Felicity as irritating but he actually made that remark right after KC said Emily was a good soul and she loved her. She started to say something else when the moderator put in his .02  

I don't see KC as being unprofessional.  The moderator put her in an awkward position with his remarks.  The crowd was reacting favorably to what he said.  I think she was attempting humor with the "Bitch stole my man, it's fine." remark. (Not her strong suit.)  She was playing to her audience.    

• Love 4

Yeah, I don't think there's anything to be upset over. She said she wouldn't have put Felicity in the grave, and said something nice about Emily - were she being unprofessional, she would've probably had different answers. The mod shouldn't have put her in the position that he did, and she tried to defuse the situation with some humor that she thought would get the audience to laugh. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Calling a character a "bitch" falls into the category of "really not funny" to me. I don't see how she thought it would be a good idea to defuse a crowd that's already audibly hostile towards a character that her friend plays by calling her such.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 7
(edited)

From what I hear, it is the moderator who called Emily (not Felicity) irritating and Katie Cassidy responded to that with "a little bit" Like she agrees that Emily is a little bit irritating. God, she is just plain awful. 

I could be wrong though 

Edited by TanyaKay
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Calling a character a "bitch" falls into the category of "really not funny" to me. I don't see the logic in trying to defuse a crowd that's already audibly hostile towards a character that her friend plays by calling her such.

I agree. I know she puts her foot in her mouth a lot & if KC never spouted the whole "Oliver is the love of Laurel's life" thing ad nauseum, I maybe would've let it go... But I do feel like the root of that 'humor' is essentially how she feels about her 'friend' and the 'bitch' who 'stole' Oliver. 

And playing to the audience isn't really a good excuse to say something like that, IMO. Even Caity Lotz never said a mean spirited thing (even jokingly) about Laurel after Sara was killed off... At least not to my knowledge. 

It was a supremely dumb move.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 6
(edited)

Since Oliver is a fictional character, she is probably speaking/joking/talking/dissing Felicity. She always spouts her love for Emily, unless the two have called it quits on their friendship/prship/whatever there is no reason for her to speaking ill of Emily. Especially since she could've just said she would've killed her off. 

But of course it all depends on peoples humor. Plenty of people joke like that. 

Edited by Primal Slayer
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Iamsweetdee said:

Uhm isnt the title for FS's character thread "Bitch with a Wi-Fi"?

It all has to do with context and how it was said. Just like in Parks and Rec. Leslie was hurt when Donna called her a "Bitch boss" but was okay with being called "Boss bitch"

Felicity, when called a "bitch" made it into something positive "boss bitch"

I don't think that was what KC was going for in her 'joke' - "bitch boss"

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Iamsweetdee said:

Context: Felicity called herself that because she and Diggle were interrogating a villain and the villain called her a bitch. She turned it around and said she was "Bitch ....with wifi" whilst she drained the villain's account of 1 million dollars and gave it to a charity.

So not really the same context IMO.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 10
(edited)
19 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

And playing to the audience isn't really a good excuse to say something like that, IMO. Even Caity Lotz never said a mean spirited thing (even jokingly) about Laurel after she was killed off... At least not to my knowledge. 

This, exactly. She might have said something nice about EBR, but then she undermines it when she eggs on a crowd that already anti-Felicity. How is that supposed to make life easier for her friend? I'm pretty sure no one else on the cast has said anything like that.

11 minutes ago, Iamsweetdee said:

You don't see a difference between calling someone a bitch because she wronged you vs calling yourself a bitch as a way of empowerment?

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 8
(edited)
7 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

This, exactly. She might have said something nice about EBR, but then she undermines it when she eggs on a crowd that already anti-Felicity. How is that supposed to make life easier for her friend?

You don't see a difference between calling someone a bitch because she wronged you vs calling yourself a bitch as a way of empowerment?

No, I do not.  Nor would I EVER refer to myself as one. The English language has too many other words to use for me to empower myself. As I see it, it's all the same. 

My original point: irony. 

Edited by Iamsweetdee

Or I suppose you can see it this way...

The show was being called "Felicity and Friends" as an insult to Arrow... But fans turned that around and made it positive. 

Another time the trend #typicalolicityfan was made with photos of olicity fans in response to people claiming a typical olicity fan is generally an overweight woman (and while that's not an insult, it was meant to be taken as one)

This is exactly what Felicity did when she was insulted by that guy. He called her a bitch, he insulted her, but she wouldn't let him by turning it around and making his 'insult' into a positive. 

You can only feel insulted if you let people. Felicity didn't let that guy insult her. 

1 minute ago, Carrie Ann said:

Cool, so you agree that it's shitty for Katie to say that?

LOL 

• Love 3

It's common practice for someone to turn around a derogatory word like bitch and use it in a different context, as a way to take the pain out of it. I can't remember if I studied it in my sociology or psychology classes.

I mean you see it all over the place, i'm always surprised when people don't notice it. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Iamsweetdee said:

No, I do not.  Nor would I EVER refer to myself as one. The English language has too many other words to use for me to empower myself. As I see it, it's all the same. 

My original point: irony. 

There is no irony because the context eliminates the irony.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Iamsweetdee said:

I don't know what type of trap you're trying to get me to fall into, but I guess it's no more shitty than every time someone posts in the FS thread. Did I answer that to your satisfaction? 

Wasn't a trap. It sounded like you feel it's an unacceptable word to use. Others here seem to agree with you to different extents, depending on circumstance, and are unimpressed with Katie using that word to refer to either Emily or Felicity. 

• Love 4
Just now, Sunshine said:

I don't care for the word in any context and I don't think it looks good on KC. 

I also don't believe KC has the skill to defuse a crowd.  She does not strike me as someone with the ability to think on her feet.  Classy and thoughtful are not the first words that come to my mind regarding KC.

I just can't figure out how KC saying "Bitch stole my man"...if that is what she said, helps her situation or makes it funny because it's actually doing Laurel's legacy no favors...although I suppose it matches with Laruel saying that Oliver would always be the love of her life. I don't get KC's take on Laurel at all never have. PUzzling.

• Love 9
(edited)

KC is terrible at making jokes because she's terrible at interviews. She tries to be witty and it almost always comes across as awkward or sounds mean spirited. That joke falls even more flat since Oliver was never Laurel's man. He was sleeping with every woman that crossed his path when they were together. Then when he got back from the island he seemed to want to be with everyone else except for her. 

I'm wondering if she's at a con with another Arrow actor (not the HVFF or SDCC, a smaller con where only a few of them attend) do they go over and take pics with her like DR and CL did? That I think shows if they are friendly with each other more than anything else. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6
(edited)

She's friendly with Barrowman. They've crashed each others panels at at least 2 cons that I know of (HVFF and this latest one in Dallas)

I honestly dread KC's appearances like I dread SA's numbered tweets. 

Edited by lemotomato

I find it weird that in most of KC panels, there are some shady remarks about EBR/Felicity. I never hear that from CL, SA, DR, or anyone else panels. 

I know fans and moderators set actors but come on now...Learn how to give political answers and shut things like this down. 

• Love 3

There's friendly and then there's going out of your way to be friendly with someone. I doubt he has the energy to try to take time out of his day to hang and go swimming with KC. 

If EBR/KC vacationing together doesn't convince some then taking a selfie together at a con isn't going to make it look any different. And Willa is always affectionate with KC. Now DR? Those two are probably more associates then anyone.