Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I think she might be going to HVFF? Not sure which one but I doubt very much she'd go to SDCC with the rest of the cast.

Which comic con is she going to be at?

ETA: Photos of everyone and their mothers'..and not a single pic of Stephen and Emily. Seriously?

It's especially annoying when you know they spent almost the entire day together.

• Love 2

The odds of them going to SDCC are below zero I would say. Their storylines will be wrapped up this season and it's not like they were a big hit.

Whichever con she's talking about can't be that bottom-of-the-barrel, since she's implying that SA will be there, too. Maybe they were invited to one of the HVFFs? 

I'm not implying the con is bottom-of-the-barrel, but that having them as guests is the con scraping that bottom. lemotomato mentioned Matt Nable and as much of a dud Ra's was, he was still a bigger deal than Taiana and Reiter.

It's especially annoying when you know they spent almost the entire day together.

There's still time for some to pop up. The cast may be posting more photos once they sober up. Sometime in May presumably.

• Love 4

I think she might be going to HVFF? Not sure which one but I doubt very much she'd go to SDCC with the rest of the cast.

Oh I don't think there is a chance she is going, I'm just concerned she actually thinks she is. I would have a lot of second hand embrassment if that's the case.

Maybe she just isnt familiar with terminology? I think of Comic Con as SDCC. Maybe I'm wrong in that.

So what? SA and EBR are under no obligation to provide pictures on their off time from the show just because people want them.

Edited by MsSchadenfreude
  • Love 2

For some reason I really think Stephen tries to avoid taking pictures with Emily for fear of gossip. He had no problem interacting with Katie or the ER lady or any other woman. I think and this is just my opinion because of their intimacy level in the show he might think his interactions with Emily might be taken the wrong way. Most everyone cast included has talked about their chemistry and I think Stephen doesn't want to fuel that flame. It's unfortunate and I might be wrong but to me it seems to me he does try really hard to not interact with her unless it's in a group setting. I honestly think that it's disappointing to the fans who want to see them in pictures together and I really think a picture isn't going to hurt. I do however think Emily is of the fuck it state of mind but Stephen isn't, but Emily is single and he isn't. Oh well I could be wrong about all of this.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 3

So what? SA and EBR are under no obligation to provide pictures on their off time from the show just because people want them.

I never said they were. I enjoyed seeing photos of the cast having fun and I'm annoyed we didn't get photos of two of my favs together when they were hanging out. I'm not apologizing for that.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 12

I'm not trying to be mean here, but a comic con that invites actors playing two minor and largely ignored characters seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Unless Jimmy Akingbola's had a more prominent role on another show that I don't know of.

Jimmy Akingbola actually has a long filmography, just not in the US. He's probably not much of a draw at a con, though.

• Love 3

I don't think anyone thinks they're obligated to provide pictures. Just that it would be nice to see a picture of them both. Personally I'd love an OTA one but I'll wait until one of the cons they're going to. Fingers crossed!

Honestly, one would think they hate each other. I don't think they do, but I guess my annoyance comes also from the fact that, since Emily goes to less cons than the rest of the cast, we have less chances to see her with them in out-of-show contexts.

Okay David with the 'I am grateful" and looking kind of serious in the photo with Stephen....

I'm still scared for Diggle :(

That's his normal photograph pose... David never smiles in a photo. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Love 2

I find the T-Shirt+Ski cap combo especially jarring. Like, why? :D

SA seems to be super super low maintenance with his appearance, so if he's anything like the guys I know, he wears hats all the time to save the 5 minutes it would take to run gel/pomade through his hair.

• Love 2

SA seems to be super super low maintenance with his appearance, so if he's anything like the guys I know, he wears hats all the time to save the 5 minutes it would take to run gel/pomade through his hair.

Oh, yes, it's not so much the cap in and  on itself. It's that kind of cap plus a t-shirt that's weird to me. Where I come from they are mutually exclusive, haha :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

I find the T-Shirt+Ski cap combo especially jarring. Like, why? :D

What lemotomato said, or maybe he's like me and has cold extremities. Whenever I'm in a cold environment, I'm good in a t-shirt or lite jacket, but I have to have a hat, gloves, and socks on at all times. I kind of enjoy his frat boy appearance. I do wish the guys would dress up more for ComicCon, or in reverse, that the ladies were allowed (though I'm sure it's not mandated) to dress down, but for things like this, which is a big party to let off steam with your friends/coworkers, I'm good with the drunk, hanging out look.

For the Code 8 birthday perk, I wonder if it was a fan who shelled out that kind of cash or an investor/venture capitalist who also wanted some cake. 

• Love 2

This is similar to girls wearing long pants when they don't want to shave/wax their legs or putting their hair up in a ponytail if they didn't have time to wash their hair :p

Probably because of tweets like this? Friday night there were a whole bunch more and it was annoying. A lot of them have been deleted though. But you know everybody saw them https://twitter.com/Notsuperfriends/status/721219724986724352

The person who posted that constantly tags hate at EBR/MG/WM... Hope y'all report him

• Love 4

Ugh, what's wrong with people? 

If they're not taking pics together to avoid rumors, behaving differently with each other than they do with their other cast members probably doesn't do much to stop those, haha. 

Acting differently around each other makes it worse IMO

• Love 1

I agree with Ann Mack. I do think they get along and I do think they are friends. But I believe they try to be private about it because of all the fandom craziness. Didn't SA react to that in a facebook post as well? I only remember him mentioning that he gets send those manipulations of him and EBR in wedding attire and he thought that was super weird.

• Love 1

I can understand if Stephen and Emily try not to fan the flames by posting photos and videos together as much as they used to (or not at all lately given the current firestorm surrounding their characters' relationship on the show).  Like it or not I do see a lot of Twitter conversations among people whom I know Stephen follows who make inappropriate comments regarding his relationship with Emily.  I know he reads what these people post because he has responded to them before.  Then you have the rumors like what Tarotx posted which are tagged to not only the actors but also the producers.  Sometimes even the appearance of shenanigans can lead people to draw the wrong conclusions so given each of their respective marital statuses I wouldn't be surprised if they consciously try to avoid capturing their interactions outside of work on camera.

• Love 3

There are ALWAYS going to be people like that. They're too close, they're too far, they're in love, they hate each other, blah blah blah. At a certain point, which I personally left in the dust like five years ago, fuck what people say. They're not actually having an affair, I'm sure, so they're doing nothing wrong, so fuck it. I'd refuse to behave any differently, bc you aren't going to please other people regardless, and who gives a shit if you do.

God I love being in my 40s.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4

I think they just don't post the pictures-not that they act different around each other? 

I don't think they act differently around each other, but if* they're super careful not to be pictured together or don't post pics with each other in order to stop rumors, then it's probably having the opposite effect than they intended. 

*I have no idea what's going on or if it's even intentional - just commenting on the spec. And by acting differently with each other - I meant in terms of posting on social media and/or taking pictures together, not how they treat each other on a  day-to-day basis. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I agree with Ann Mack. I do think they get along and I do think they are friends. But I believe they try to be private about it because of all the fandom craziness. Didn't SA react to that in a facebook post as well? I only remember him mentioning that he gets send those manipulations of him and EBR in wedding attire and he thought that was super weird.

Did he? Do you have a link?

I believe that account quoted above tried something like this last year, too. I don't know if it was the same account but it definitely had the same profile pic.

There are ALWAYS going to be people like that. They're too close, they're too far, they're in love, they hate each other, blah blah blah. At a certain point, which I personally left in the dust like five years ago, fuck what people say. They're not actually having an affair, I'm sure, so they're doing nothing wrong, so fuck it. I'd refuse to behave any differently, bc you aren't going to please other people regardless, and who gives a shit if you do.

God I love being in my 40s.

Yeah, that probably works for a lot of people, but maybe Stephen is trying to be considerate of his wife's feelings.  He might not think it's a big deal but Cassandra is active on social media so I doubt she's blind to it.  I'm not saying she would believe it either way but I know it probably would start to annoy a lot of women if they constantly saw it thrown in their faces everywhere they looked.  Maybe she cares and maybe she doesn't but there's always the possibility that's a motivator for Stephen.

• Love 6

^^I think so, too. I don't see any harm in what people want to believe, as long as they don't tag/are hateful towards the interested parties.

Absolutely agree but then these people also shouldn't also get upset when Stephen and Emily avoid giving them more material.

• Love 4

I think the whole trash shipping thing could be considered weird fannish stuff except some of the cruel comments directed at Amell's wife pushes it past the "just good fun" category, and he has made comments that it does get through to him. I remember her personality didn't impress me on America's Next Top Model, but she was also a teenager, and wishing for the breakup of a family seems unkind.

• Love 7

Yeah, that probably works for a lot of people, but maybe Stephen is trying to be considerate of his wife's feelings.  He might not think it's a big deal but Cassandra is active on social media so I doubt she's blind to it.  I'm not saying she would believe it either way but I know it probably would start to annoy a lot of women if they constantly saw it thrown in their faces everywhere they looked.  Maybe she cares and maybe she doesn't but there's always the possibility that's a motivator for Stephen.

I would like to think that's the reason. Honestly if I were her I think it would start to mess with my mind after awhile. But I was raised on the words that "all men are jerks" (which is a really hard idea to shake off even when you know differently) so..

• Love 1

I guess I just don't see how not posting pics and such helps anything? Just from other people's social media, we know SA was at EBR's place for pregaming. People who are gross enough to @ reply his wife about are going to @ reply her about that stuff whether there's pictures or not, and if not posting pics and such is an active choice that would almost make it worse for me if rumors and such *were* an issue. 

That's why I'm firmly of the belief that everyone should just ignore that stuff. I know it's gotta be difficult, but it comes with the territory, and will as long as he's a romantic lead. I mean, there was even gossip about him being the father of Megan Fox's baby. Trying to wade through all that BS would be so exhausting.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8

Holy shit! I can't believe someone would really send that to Guggie.  My gods.  Damn...that's crazy. 

I mean don't those people know the Joey Tribbiani rules of acting. If they have no chemistry on screen, they are doing it off screen. So by Tribbiani acting rules....it was really KC and SA that were having the affair.

• Love 4

Yeah, that probably works for a lot of people, but maybe Stephen is trying to be considerate of his wife's feelings. He might not think it's a big deal but Cassandra is active on social media so I doubt she's blind to it. I'm not saying she would believe it either way but I know it probably would start to annoy a lot of women if they constantly saw it thrown in their faces everywhere they looked. Maybe she cares and maybe she doesn't but there's always the possibility that's a motivator for Stephen.

His wife was on ANTM, i am pretty sure she knows how ruthless the Internet is. Especially considering how she was portrayed on it.

I think either they just aren't interested in taking pics together, are just cordial for PR sake, or possibly some emotions from one of them that they try not to act upon.

Neal refuses to do love scenes/kisses in order to respect his marriage but at least he is upfront about it. If they don't take pictures together so as not to fan the flames just say so.