Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

2 of those were miniseries, I don't count those. However, you are right. Volume 2 was a solo series but, much like the recent run it got cancelled within a year.

BC vol 1 is actually the first comic books I ever read. Good memories.

I think writing for TV or movies is very different than writing for comics. Without any experience writing scripts, it's doubtful they'd offer Gail such a job.

I'm talking about solo comic title. But Simone does have experience with scripts, she helped write the WW animated movie, a JL episode and Batman B&B episode.

OMG WITH KERI RUSSELL? I LOVE THAT MOVIE.

Damn, then they definitely should offer her. Whether she'd accept is another issue altogether though lol.

• Love 1

So, I was researching an Arrow guest actor's name and I found this on Marc Guggenheim's wikipedia page. 

220px-MarcellaSmoak.png

They wrote the following:

Name: Marcicity Smoak

DOB: September 11, 2001

Nationality: Oliciters

So, they are insulting him by calling him a teenage fangirl and a woman. Oh, the irony of it all is killing me. 

• Love 6

So, I was researching an Arrow guest actor's name and I found this on Marc Guggenheim's wikipedia page. 

220px-MarcellaSmoak.png

So, they are insulting him by calling him a teenage fangirl and a woman. Oh, the irony of it all is killing me. 

Just imagine if all of that vile, stupid, negativity was used for good to support the character they cared about. So much time was spent on hating and berating other members of the show so much they neglected the one character they supposedly cared about. Does the saying go "there's no such thing as bad publicity", so even in the attempt to berate or hate on certain actors or showrunners they actually drew more attention to them. Shaking my head. 

• Love 9

EK posted some snapchats with him and EBR over the weekend.

https://twitter.com/oliversmoakin/status/716506825680560128

https://twitter.com/oliversmoakin/status/716507072741793793

https://twitter.com/oliversmoakin/status/716508515406196736

https://twitter.com/oliversmoakin/status/716513117472038912

As far as I can tell from Twitter, this isn't necessarily Arrow related. Cute though.

And CR sort of goes the extra mile to support EBR's T-Shirt.

• Love 7
(edited)

Echo Kellum posted a series of "Aggressive onset dad" snapchats with Emily last night. They're hilarious. You can view the clips here and here if you don't have a Snapchat account.

ETA: Oops sorry, someone has already posted them!

Edited by NoWayOut
  • Love 3
(edited)

So, I was researching an Arrow guest actor's name and I found this on Marc Guggenheim's wikipedia page.

220px-MarcellaSmoak.png

So they edited it again bc I saw it last night. Using 9/11/01 as his birthday is disgusting SMH. They also wrote this on EBR's wiki page "Emily was announced dead on April 3rd 2016 after being eaten by a shark." It's been locked from edits now. Edited by hm018
  • Love 1
(edited)

So they edited it again bc I saw it last night. They also wrote this on EBR's wiki page "Emily was announced dead on April 3rd 2016 after being eaten by a shark." It's been locked from edits now.

You know it's one thing to make funny edits like they do on sports pages when let's say a NBA player dunks on another player and the put something like killed the other player.....or when a team wins a championship that stuff is funny to me.

But this?? That's just fucked up, misogynistic, and mean.  Ugh. And why do they keep putting in 9/11? Is that some sick joke that I don't get? Like what does Guggenheim have to do with 9/11. I mean what does he have to with any of the events of that terrible day

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 14

So they edited it again bc I saw it last night. Using 9/11/01 as his birthday is disgusting SMH. They also wrote this on EBR's wiki page "Emily was announced dead on April 3rd 2016 after being eaten by a shark." It's been locked from edits now.

Wow...... That's absolutely disgusting. I hope they lock it for the foreseeable future because I don't see this dying down anytime soon.

• Love 5

Wow...... That's absolutely disgusting. I hope they lock it for the foreseeable future because I don't see this dying down anytime soon.

They locked MG's wiki, but its in its vandalized state right now.

And someone on twitter had the balls to tell me that "perhaps it was someone else looking to create more tension between the 2 sides." REALLY?

I don't know what it is about the comic fandom, but the misogyny, cruelty, and sexism is unbearable. This is all just because the show isn't going the way THEY want it to.

• Love 9

So they edited it again bc I saw it last night. Using 9/11/01 as his birthday is disgusting SMH. They also wrote this on EBR's wiki page "Emily was announced dead on April 3rd 2016 after being eaten by a shark." It's been locked from edits now.

I guess they changed it again. I thought a few days ago, they just changed his info, but not to the extend they just did now. 

Like Ann Mack said, It would have been better if these people used their energy on promoting what they love instead of always spreading hate and negativity. I am reminded by what Marc said about LL/BC fans that the majority of the time, they send him hate mails/tweets. 

In season 1 and season 2, LL was hated, but there was some buzz around her character and then fans became apathetic toward her character which is the worst thing that can happen to a character. Seriously, it is not that hard to promote what you love which will also help with your cause.

• Love 7

Agreed!

They say the kiss of death isn't hating a character, it's antipathy. So the fact that LL fans focused on their Olicity hate rather their LL-love made it that much better for Olicity fans. If Olicity is the number 1 thing people talk about on social media, whether its positively or negatively (or brutally), then they LOVE it.

• Love 5

LOL this entire conversation is going to be deleted :p

But yeah, it's hard not to talk about fandom sometimes especially when it's directly involved in the vandalizing of the wikipedia pages... Slippery slope.

LOL this entire conversation is going to be deleted :p

But yeah, it's hard not to talk about fandom sometimes especially when it's directly involved in the vandalizing of the wikipedia pages... Slippery slope.

It takes 1 person to change a wiki. No one wants to be generalized.

I feel like we should be able to talk about how shitty it is that MG and EBR's wiki pages are getting vandalized. We don't have to talk about the people doing it, because it's pretty obvious who the culprits are.

• Love 8

It takes 1 person to change a wiki. No one wants to be generalized.

I wasn't generalizing. Don't worry. Even if you talk about one person, it's still considered talking about 'fandom'. That's what I meant. 

"Vandalizing MGs wiki is childish and stupid" is all need to be said instead of trying to throw shade that is obvious from a mile away.

The reason I suggested MG respond by supporting a charity is because it is bullying and it is wrong.  It is not just childish and stupid, it is wrong.  MG is a public persona, he will get shade.  The thing is, stuff like this is done far too often to people with no public gravitas and you only have to see it done to someone you know once to know it is not enough to call it childish and stupid.  Years off telling the victims of bullies to ignore the bullies have hurt.  I am suggesting making lemonade out of lemons, but I do not see the behaviors in question as a joke. I just hope you never face similar happening to someone you care about because it can be ugly.

• Love 7

I feel like we should be able to talk about how shitty it is that MG and EBR's wiki pages are getting vandalized. We don't have to talk about the people doing it, because it's pretty obvious who the culprits are.

Its less about that 1 person vandalizing, and more about the ugly reaction on Social Media.

• Love 2

Which is nothing that half the cast hasn't gotten. Should any of them be treated the way they are? No. But lets not act like it is relegated to 1 or 2 people.

I have never seen or heard of any of the other cast members' wiki pages getting repeatedly vandalized. Just MG, EBR, and "Felicity Smoak".
  • Love 8

Yes, lets stop this conversation now. I think this blessed forum is one of the few places I can be an Olicity and comic!Laurel Lance fan without being walloped over the head by anyone.

• Love 4

I just think its sad that people are vandalizing anyone's site... but I think it's unforgivable that they are linking it to the events of 9/11. That was a tragic day for many many people that then lead to many more tragic days & years to follow that in no way should be connected to a TV show or TV showrunner that had nothing to do with it. It's just very very sad and discouraging.

• Love 13

Yes, lets stop this conversation now. I think this blessed forum is one of the few places I can be an Olicity and comic!Laurel Lance fan without being walloped over the head by anyone.

Seconded. 

Except it's not. Not everyone that hates Felicity/Olicity = automatic lover of Laurel.

If we try to classify fandoms by their crazies...well, no one is innocent.

To clarify, I wasn't referring to L/O fans at all. I was referring to people that hate Felicity and Olicity are obviously the ones vandalizing her page.
  • Love 6