Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

still trying to get my head around those "Mom" tweets lol. Why would a grown ass woman (mother) go on SM to rant about the amount of material and coverage her grown ass daughter is getting on a TV show? Maybe there is some text missing before poor Sherry started to lose it? This is quite puzzling. Well at least I've had a good laugh and an "OMG that has to be so embarrassing for you" moment that wasn't my own!

Hopefully Mom has got it out her system now and will kindly back away from the keyboard and Twitter! SMDHH!

I don't think that's her mom. It's probably a fake account. How sad that someone would create a fake account for a celeb's mom.

Edited by Guest

Phew. I'm glad that's not really her mom. And also worried for this person.

Not for nothing but there's no proof that it's NOT her mother.  It's just speculation that it isn't.  

You can think it's a fake account or hope it's a fake account but no one has yet to prove it's a fake account.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Not for nothing but there's no proof that it's NOT her mother.  It's just speculation that it isn't.  

You can think it's a fake account or hope it's a fake account but no one has yet to prove it's a fake account.  

Oh, okay, that just seemed the most plausible option to me. So I'll keep hoping it's fake, haha.

It's kind of a give and take for me. Felicity gets a lot more love on the show then Thea does. But when was the last time she got a poster?

iGhKwMjm.png

Thea got a poster in her Speedy uniform, just like all the new masks. Felicity has gotten nothing since season 2. No updated photoshoot, no posters, by herself or as part of Olicity. It's has nothing to do with who gets how much love on the show because the lack of official show promotion for her is ridiculous and infuriating at this point. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 7

She did get that unreleased S2 pic as part of a countdown lol. But yeah, giving her a new promo shot would be nice but at least for me, her character gets something somewhere and for me, Marc released all of those Olicity vaca pics which was more then a lot of the characters got.

If that Sherry Williams twitter account is fake, then it's a good enough fake to have gotten a reply tweet from Dana Brunetti, KC's old boyfriend (assuming that's the real Dana Brunetti):
https://twitter.com/DanaBrunetti/status/550529131364880385

And if that Sherry Williams twitter account is not fake, then there's clearly been strain between mother and daughter since there are no reply tweets from KC and there's also this tweet:
https://twitter.com/aintmisbehaving/status/396372027574976512

Regardless, I agree that a parent's actions have nothing to do with the child (and their relationship is none of our business).  However, given that level of desperate 'stage mother' attitude, if those tweets really are from KC's mother, then EBR might want to watch her back.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Ummm what about the mask that got the fight club promo?  I am sorry LL as BC got tons shit of promo during s3 so its her turn to sit back.

I said nothing about BC getting promotional material. But even if I did talk about her, that was S3, this is S4. She got decreased everything this season and still came in 4th place for screen time in S3. I can understand wanting your fave to get more, I want my fave to get more but just as others don't care if she does, I don't see it as that much of a bad thing for Thea to be getting something.

• Love 2

She did get that unreleased S2 pic as part of a countdown lol. But yeah, giving her a new promo shot would be nice but at least for me, her character gets something somewhere and for me, Marc released all of those Olicity vaca pics which was more then a lot of the characters got.

MG released the vacation photos after Olicity fans begged him to. And no, that's not "more than a lot of characters get" because those photos are equivalent to episode stills. They are part of the production of the show. How many episodes stills have we gotten of all the masked characters? They are not official promotion art or photoshoots by the network or even the show, which every single main cast member except Quentin Lance and Felicity Smoak have gotten. Felicity, who is part of Team Arrow and is the main love interest, gets nothing. It's bullshit.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 8

While we're on the subject, is it me, or is the promo dept going out of its way to not promote the Felicity's father aspect of this upcoming episode? The episode trailer didn't show it, the episode summary does not even mention Felicity's name, and now this new episode poster is focused on Thea and Malcolm with nothing about Felicity and her father. That just seems really bizarre to me, especially considering how they promoted Felicity's mom showing up last season.

I guess, when we first learned about him coming on the show, I was under the impression that it was supposed to be the A storyline for this episode. But you'd never know it from the promotion. Right now it seems like it's going to be lucky to be the C storyline.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 11

MG released the vacation photos after Olicity fans begged him to. And no, that's not "more than a lot of characters get" because those photos are equivalent to episode stills. They are part of the production of the show. How many episodes stills have we gotten of all the masked characters? They are not official promotion by the network or even the show, which every single main cast member except Quentin Lance and Felicity Smoak have gotten. Felicity, who is part of Team Arrow and is the main love interest, gets nothing. It's bullshit.

Those pictures were taken for the show, they didn't have to be taken, they weren't a big part of the episode, and they have shown that they aren't afraid of photoshopping pictures of the actors for background photos. 

Those pictures were taken for the show, they didn't have to be taken, they weren't a big part of the episode, and they have shown that they aren't afraid of photoshopping pictures of the actors for background photos.

They're still not official show promotion.

• Love 6

While we're on the subject, is it me, or is the promo dept going out of its way to not promote the Felicity's father aspect of this upcoming episode? The episode trailer didn't show it, the episode summary does not even mention Felicity's name, and now this new episode poster is focused on Thea and Malcolm with nothing about Felicity and her father. That just seems really bizarre to me, especially considering how they promoted Felicity's mom showing up last season.

I'm less surprised about there being no poster - he did just show up and he's not the current big bad like Darhk - but the lack of him in the promos and in the episode description is puzzling. Considering that the reveal was saved until the 11th hour, it's presumably a pretty big deal.

That looks like someone is longterm impersonating KC's mother.

You'd have to be seriously mentally deranged if you were to do that. I'd be scared if I were KC if it isn't her actual mother. 

Then again would people really go to such great length to get noticed? To pretend to be someone's mom? Couldn't KC have that account shut down if that were the case?

I am assuming that it is actually her mom and she is entitled to her own opinion. 

• Love 1

They were not made for show promotion. They were not released by the network. They would not have been released by MG if people had not noticed them in the trailer and begged him for it. They are in no way equivalent to the Superhero Fight Club posters or the Diggle/Spartan and Thea/Speedy posters. 

It's about intent

I don't even know what excuse they have at this point. EBR seems to love photoshoots. If it's about money, then I don't know why Malcolm Merlyn gets multiple shots of him in different LoA outfits but Felicity can't get even one.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 13

I'm less surprised about there being no poster - he did just show up and he's not the current big bad like Darhk - but the lack of him in the promos and in the episode description is puzzling. Considering that the reveal was saved until the 11th hour, it's presumably a pretty big deal.

Well the poster bothers me because it seems like an episode specific poster ("sins of the father"), not a character specific one. It's just that I believed this was supposed to be a big Felicity episode, and now, suddenly, it's apparently not.

The episode description doesn't bother me quite so much because IIRC that was released while they were still trying to pretend that Felicity might have died from her injuries. But not mentioning it in the promo? And now an episode poster for Malcolm and Thea and nothing for Felicity and her dad? I mean, it's gorgeous of Thea....wow. But I just don't get what's with the cutting out of Felicity's storyline.

I think I just need sleep. Sorry guys. SmoakandArrow's post has got me thinking thoughts, and now I'm overreacting. :)

• Love 11

The Olicity vacation pictures are the equivalent to the terrible photos around the set for all the other characters. The Diggle's have them, the Lances have them. It's not unique to Olicity. The Olicity fans just cared enough to want a better look at them.

I like that Thea poster.

• Love 13

Well the poster bothers me because it seems like an episode specific poster ("sins of the father"), not a character specific one. It's just that I believed this was supposed to be a big Felicity episode, and now, suddenly, it's apparently not.

The episode description doesn't bother me quite so much because IIRC that was released while they were still trying to pretend that Felicity might have died from her injuries. But not mentioning it in the promo? And now an episode poster for Malcolm and Thea and nothing for Felicity and her dad? I mean, it's gorgeous of Thea....wow. But I just don't get what's with the cutting out of Felicity's storyline.

I think I just need sleep. Sorry guys. SmoakandArrow's post has got me thinking thoughts, and now I'm overreacting. :)

I don't think we're overreacting. Or maybe I'm just boiling over with frustration because I feel like as a Felicity fan, I have to work so hard to get any tidbit and crumbs thrown to me while other characters get all the promotion just because.

• Love 6

That's actually a pretty good poster of Thea and Malcolm. I like it. But yeah, a Felicity poster would be nice. And even though I love that they took some Olicity vacation photos and I appreciate that, we still haven't had anything for Felicity by herself. She's more than Olicity and the bias is really starting to piss me off.