Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Is it just me (possibly I'm imagining things but I think not) or has Stephen started to say "my wife" more in his tweets and even start to re-tweet her tweets? BTW I don't think I've ever seen him use his wife's moniker (@cassandrapants) in his tweets. Now I don't stalk his tweets or his timeline but mostly I've seen him talk about his daughter period. But I do see some of his stuff as I mentioned and the little I've seen before didn't included too many mentions of her (the wife). Now its like he keeps giving her S/O in his tweets lol! Oh those 2 and their social media interactions are hilarious to me!

Not trying to get into or start any scuttlebutt about the personal life or personal business of him and his wife just simply making an observation.

Edited by Ann Mack

That being said, SA often only gives accurate assessments of shows when he is most likely not sober... Everything else has a PR twist to his interpretation.

There's going to be a Nocking Point party next week. Hopefully he'll do a Q&A again.

• Love 3

Is it just me (possibly I'm imagining things but I think not) or has Stephen started to say "my wife" more in his tweets and even start to re-tweet her tweets? BTW I don't think I've ever seen him use his wife's moniker (@cassandrapants) in his tweets. Now I don't stalk his tweets or his timeline but mostly I've seen him talk about his daughter period. But I do see some of his stuff as I mentioned and the little I've seen before didn't included too many mentions of her (the wife). Now its like he keeps giving her S/O in his tweets lol! Oh those 2 and their social media interactions are hilarious to me!

Not trying to get into or start any scuttlebutt about the personal life or personal business of him and his wife just simply making an observation.

he's used it before, addressing and tagging her, on twitter.

• Love 1

I don't get why we're even discussing SA's (and his wife's) tweets about sport. It's nothing to do with the show.

I think it's okay to discuss tweets that aren't about the show - we do it all the time (Not All Texans! So there! to name a couple). What I'm not comfortable with here is discussion about his marriage, which doesn't have anything to do with social media OR the show. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 19

I think it's okay to discuss tweets that aren't about the show - we do it all the time (Not All Texans! So there! to name a couple). What I'm not comfortable with here is discussion about his marriage, which doesn't have anything to do with social media OR the show. 

Yep. Agreed. Exactly what I meant.

I don't follow the fansites that many of y'all do so I may not always realize you're talking about fansites immediately (or at all really). I just hid a bunch of posts about canadagraph and stilettoroyalty. Please refrain from chatting about them here. The goal of this forum is more the social media of the stars and CW and whatnot, not fan created social media about the show. Apparently stilettoroyalty and canadagraph causes a great deal of consternation amongst you which then increases my reports about this forum. 

• Love 2

Wonder if this means that Katie will be appearing on Whose Line Is It Anyway?

tumblr_o144nirb6C1qjmduto1_540.jpg

Sounds like it. The new season starts in April so they would be filming now. I'm surprised KC hasn't posted anything about. I would not have guessed this combination given KC doesn't seem to be a fan of improv. Of course, when Candice Accola was on all she did was get a song sung to her and danced around a bit.

I was under the impression he had a green card already. Don't you get those if you marry an US citizen? At least that was my impression from movies, haha. Do you need to have been married for a specific period of time before obtaining it?

Edited by looptab

I think you can get a conditional green card when you first get married, but have to stay married for at least two years for the conditions to be lifted. You have to apply for it, though. It's not something you're granted automatically when you get married.*

*could be wrong about all of this

I was under the impression he had a green card already. Don't you get those if you marry an US citizen? At least that was my impression from movies, haha. Do you need to have been married for a specific period of time before obtaining it?

Someone told me three years...And I believe he just celebrated his third year anniversary in December so it could be moving forward now because of that? 

I'm nervous about this new trailer dropping because it still seems like they are pretending that Felicity is in the grave so i'm not sure what else they could show us? 

I *think* the three years is a requirement for citizenship, not a green card.*

*could also be wrong about this

And I'm not sure what this trailer will be, since yeah, they probably won't show any of Felicity's storyline. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do though!

• Love 1

Sorry, I was curious :) Thank you for answering me. Could be that he said green card but meant citizenship? This is the same man that "when you have different points in a word..oh, yeah, syllable":D

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

regarding Marriages and green cards and citizenship in the US:

3 years of marriage for green card

than an extra two for the citizenship (if I am not mistaken).

However!! in order to be eligible for those you have to prove that your entire life is based in the US 6+ months out of the year (which is hard to do if you work in a different country).

with that being said there are many other ways to earn a green card. if he can, for example, prove that he is exceptional in his chosen profession, he could try and apply through an O1 visa (which I think is the artists visa I am not 100% sure about its letter and number code) if he can prove that he is an amazing art person or something. another one is citizenship through work visa, ie the EP's or maybe CW/WB can sponsor him (but I think he needs to physically be working in the US).

that's what I remember off the bat..

As a non citizen who wants to become one I have researched this topic.

• Love 1

Haha, yeah, it's unlikely we'll know for sure - I just phrased the question that way because I wasn't sure whether "green card" and "citizenship" were two words/concepts one might actually mix up, or not :) 

regarding Marriages and green cards and citizenship in the US:

3 years of marriage for green card

than an extra two for the citizenship (if I am not mistaken).

However!! in order to be eligible for those you have to prove that your entire life is based in the US 6+ months out of the year (which is hard to do if you work in a different country).

with that being said there are many other ways to earn a green card. if he can, for example, prove that he is exceptional in his chosen profession, he could try and apply through an O1 visa (which I think is the artists visa I am not 100% sure about its letter and number code) if he can prove that he is an amazing art person or something. another one is citizenship through work visa, ie the EP's or maybe CW/WB can sponsor him (but I think he needs to physically be working in the US).

that's what I remember off the bat..

As a non citizen who wants to become one I have researched this topic.

I think he would also have some other options open to him because his daughter who I'm assuming is an American Citizen because her mother is an American Citizen. Also I have no idea where his daughter was born but if it was on American soil than she is definitely an American Citizen, but if born on Canadian soil she does have citizen rights extended to her because of her mother's citizenship. It interesting that this is all being talked about because Citizenship is becoming a major part of the US presidential election.

In the end, I wish SA good luck on figuring out whatever path to citizenship or green card he wants to take. It's a long and tedious process either way. However, this might explain his increase in talking about his wife in social media. His marriage is probably more on his mind right now if he constantly having to deal with the paperwork, meetings, appts, etc.

Oh SA. ::sigh:: That's not how the flu shot works.

As the former Flu Shot champion on my floor, I can absolutely say that is not how the Flu Shot works. I will say that most people get a topical reaction at the injection site and some muscle soreness. However, there are a lot of people who happen to get sick after they get the shot. It is not the flu!! The flu is a far more serious disease, he would not be looking that good in the video if he was overcoming the flu. It was probably just his body responding to the flu vaccine and perhaps his immune system becoming more overactive as result of the vaccination doing its job to build up defenses. The other thing could have been his body having an allergic or adverse reaction to something in the vaccine solution, not related to the vaccination at all.

But thx SA for spreading false information. That being said, I do not believe everybody needs to get the flu vaccination. There are certain populations that absolutely need to get them. IMO, we are giving out way too many flu vaccinations but that's a whole other conversation.

I just love how he literally just dropped all of this personal info to promote a trailer being dropped on his facebook - so BIZARRE!

• Love 3

How many episodes of The Flash has Ciara Renée been on? Is it weird that she's on that panel or not?

Why isn't Blackthorne or Cassidy included in the Arrow panel?

Maybe because their panel is scheduled straight after this one? No clue, really.

Why isn't Blackthorne or Cassidy included in the Arrow panel?

Because one of them will most likely be dead by May, so they didn't want to drop any hints about who it might be...

Wasn't Colin Donnell supposed to be at this fest or was it just Chicago? Glad, I didn't get tix since he & SA was the main reason I wanted to go, plus now with the weather the drive would have been a little touch and go.

I think he would also have some other options open to him because his daughter who I'm assuming is an American Citizen because her mother is an American Citizen. Also I have no idea where his daughter was born but if it was on American soil than she is definitely an American Citizen, but if born on Canadian soil she does have citizen rights extended to her because of her mother's citizenship. It interesting that this is all being talked about because Citizenship is becoming a major part of the US presidential election.

In the end, I wish SA good luck on figuring out whatever path to citizenship or green card he wants to take. It's a long and tedious process either way. However, this might explain his increase in talking about his wife in social media. His marriage is probably more on his mind right now if he constantly having to deal with the paperwork, meetings, appts, etc.

He is not eligible for a citizenship through his daughter until she reaches of age, if I'm not mistaken.

he can have it trough his wife, but again he needs to show that his life center is in the US and not Canada.

His daughter would be a natural born citizen because she is the daughter of one.

since he and his wife have been together for a good year before their marriage (and there is pictures to prove it) and have been married for three years with a child and tons of pics and videos posted publicly to prove it, I don't think he will have too much of a hard time with his interview.

CD is supposed to be at the NYC/NJ fanfest too; I saw the announcement about the addition of SA/CD photo ops. Did something change?

As for the panels, I think those are pretty good groupings. The Lances need their own panel because I think if they were included with the general Arrow one, they wouldn't get any questions. And I think this is the first time I've seen WH on a panel at a fan event, so it'll be good to hear her thoughts

From what I understand if he has been working in the states and didn't actually marry his wife to become a citizen then it's a much faster process. That is how my BIL did it and it only took a couple of years. My sister didn't even have to be interviewed.

How many episodes of The Flash has Ciara Renée been on? Is it weird that she's on that panel or not?

Slightly less than Robbie. 3 I believe as opposed to Robbie's...6. 

Colin's attending but I guess not doing any panels like Willa at the San Jose one. 

I hope they gather the same guys for the Atlanta one. 

How many episodes of The Flash has Ciara Renée been on? Is it weird that she's on that panel or not?

Slightly less than Robbie. 3 I believe as opposed to Robbie's...6. 

Colin's attending but I guess not doing any panels like Willa at the San Jose one. 

I hope they gather the same guys for the Atlanta one. 

• Love 1

Yeah sorry! I didn't have the link it was from my twitter page. I mean it was a picture of EBR so I was 99% sure it was a photo KC posted :p I just didn't want to go into her accounts. But yeah because she posted it could easily be a couple of weeks old, but not too old. Could be before the potential 'breakup'

Yeah sorry! I didn't have the link it was from my twitter page. I mean it was a picture of EBR so I was 99% sure it was a photo KC posted :p I just didn't want to go into her accounts. But yeah because she posted it could easily be a couple of weeks old, but not too old. Could be before the potential 'breakup'

She posted two other ones at the same time, I'm assuming all from the same day shooting as it was all lair pics. So she may just have posted 3 old photos like PB does, or they could be new. But I guess we will only know once the episodes air (or if we get spoilers that say otherwise) haha. 

• Love 1

If it's from KC, the pic might not be recent. She has a tendency to post old stuff when the occasion calls for it.

She does, but in this one Felicity is wearing the ring and the only time we've seen her wear it is at the end of 4x09 and never while in the lair. so this pic has to have been taken BTS from one of the upcoming episodes. 

• Love 2

She does, but in this one Felicity is wearing the ring and the only time we've seen her wear it is at the end of 4x09 and never while in the lair. so this pic has to have been taken BTS from one of the upcoming episodes. 

Right, but we're trying to figure out the timeline here. People were speculating that the kid secret comes out in 14 and that a breakup would follow. If this is a BTS pic from today, when they're shooting 15, then the speculated timeline is either a) inaccurate or b) they don't break up.