Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Maria Menounos was in one?! Lemme go have a Google.

ETA: I know it's all fake, but wow. I'm impressed.

It's not fake. Not anymore than the stunts on Arrow. (Sorry, that irks me when people say that)

WTF?  HHH shaved his head....no like :(

Hah, that happened like...2 years ago. 

Edited by wingster55

It's not fake. Not anymore than the stunts on Arrow. (Sorry, that irks me when people say that)

They aren't really fighting, and those are planned moves, so...it is fake? I'm not discounting the athleticism, but Maria Menounos didn't hop into that ring unrehearsed, which is what I meant. 

• Love 4
Wendy Mericle ‏@MericlesHappen  18h18 hours ago

.@amellywood - after taking down Ra's, @StardustWWE will be no problem! #AmellGetsRaw #RawIsArrow

Wendy Mericle ‏@MericlesHappen  16h16 hours ago

THRILLED to be on #TCA15 Running the Show panel w/ #AlineBroshMcKenna @JennieUrman @TVGab @rugz19 @julieplec @carolinedries @Lauriewritenow

https://twitter.com/MericlesHappen

Edited by tv echo

I laughed because SA and the other guy he shook hands with looked like they could barely keep a straight face during the exchange. I admire this for sheer lunacy.

Wingster55 it really bothers me that people think this is wrestling. It's fake as in its not wrestling(brother and ex were high school and collegiate wrestlers). It is real stunt performing and performers are actors too. It's a lot of work because there has to be some rehearsal/practice. But its no more real than Arrow. But it's definitely a hoot.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

WWE has posted some additional video clips of SA last night (go to twitter links to view) - the first video shows another camera angle of SA jumping over the ropes into the ring (looks even more impressive from this angle), and the second video shows a ringside interview - you may have to unmute the sound...

WWE ‏@WWE
EXCLUSIVE #WWE ringside footage of @StardustWWE and @amellywood! #RAW
[VIDEO]
8:16 PM - 10 Aug 2015

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/630940801837568000

WWE ‏@WWE
#RAW EXCLUSIVE: @ReneeYoungWWE interviews @AmellyWood at ringside in Seattle. @CW_Arrow #AmellGetsRAW
[VIDEO]
6:30 PM - 10 Aug 2015

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/630914136247930880

More at https://twitter.com/WWE (some interesting fan tweets)

Edited by tv echo
Stephen Amell ‏@amellywood  11h11 hours ago

Hey @StardustWWE, these aren't bruises. They're better. See you in Brooklyn.

CMGNZlUUMAA_59H.jpg

https://twitter.com/amellywood/status/630940904673533952

Paul Blackthorne ‏@PaulBlackthorne  12h12 hours ago

Happiness is a photo with @llcoolj

@OfficialTCA #TCA @CW_network @CW_Arrow http://ift.tt/1DEoKF9 

CMF_Vl0XAAAZUUP.jpg

https://twitter.com/PaulBlackthorne/status/630925431810748416

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Because TV shows themselves are fake, probably. I know Arrow is not real, so to me a stunt is a stunt. WWE is presented as being "real," therefore I consider the fights and rivalries to be "fake." Maybe staged is a better word? IDK, but I know they're not really hitting each other, and there's a pre-determined outcome. So it is fake? Doesn't make it less entertaining, IMO.

• Love 5

It's been a very long time since I've watched wrestling but the matches aren't really choreographed, they're not stunts where everything is planned out and rehearsed.  A lot of this was covered in either the Bret Hart or Mick Foley documentary but they know the ending (generally, unless Vince pulls an asshole move like he did on Bret vs HBK) but, the rest is left to the performers and they just kind of feed off each other.

Edited by Morrigan2575

WWE is more performance art than sport. There is athleticism in it, but there is a healthy amount of acting involved. I think when you compare it to the actual sport of wrestling it seems "fake". I think when you compare it to other fight based entertainments like UFC, MMA or Boxing it also seems "fake". Those matches have a raw brutality to the injuries that I just don't see in WWE. That being said it provides a form of entertainment & enjoyment to its fans. And it makes money, so you can't really fault it for it methods as they are working. Fake or not fake, its a real source of entertainment & profit that has been around for awhile.

Edited by kismet

The way that guy (Stardust, I guess?) shoved him, I'm a little worried. I mean, sure it's fake, but SA seems to have a bit of a temper.

Also, Triple H was great in Blade: Trinity, with his vampire Pomeranians. (I love Blade: Trinity, don't judge me. Ryan Reynolds was at maximum hotness and I loved archery even then.)

But why would that make "Arrow" fans very happy? I'm guessing most don't watch Constantine.

I think the tweet about Arrow fans being happy is actually just about Arrow. Most people seem to think that the tweet to Constantine fans is about a cameo on Arrow. So, I think it's really that people think the Constantine announcement seems Arrow-related, not the other way around.

I swear to gods if they have Constantine make a cameo on Arrow, my Castiel loving self will be mighty annoyed. LOL.  I think Misha is correct. They have squatter's rights on the costume now. (I'm kidding and so was Misha).

But if they introduce him, then that does open the door for my long desired SPN/Arrow crossover.  I mean if Sleepy Hollow/Bones can do it, so can SPN/Arrow.   Leave me to my dream.

Edited by catrox14

I have A Sara and Oliver. I'm going to get a Peggy Carter and this Felicity one looks like it will be cute so depending on how her boobs look on the actual doll I'll get hers as well. So far she looks like I imagined.

• Love 1

The boobs look a little weird, but it might look better on the finished product. 

I have a bunch of Funko Pop's, Sara, Peggy Carter, The Avengers including Loki, Spiderman, Baby Groot, Tyrion Lannister, Drogon, Jon Snow and Ghost, I can complete my Arrow set since Sara's hanging out with Peggy and the Avengers right now. I'm still waiting for them to make a Nyssa one. 

Edited by Sakura12

B-t-s posts at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

juliesioux asked:
Don't really have a question but wanted to wish you good luck in winning the two tix to see Billy Joel in NYC! Also, thank you for getting Lexi Alexander in as a director this season! I can hardly wait to see her take on action in Arrow!

Thank you!  And we’re very excited about Lexi joining the family.

geek-girl74 asked:
Hi Marc! Greeting from Egypt. I want to thank you and all the writers for giving us this amazing show and characters, I'm in love with the Original team Arrow chemistry and I would appreciate if they have more scenes together and I have a question for you I know it might be silly but in the previous season everyone was calling Ra's Al Ghul "Ra's"(Which by the way is the correct way to say it) but in SDCC John corrected the reporter and said "it's Raesh"?. and BTW I'm in love with your sarcasm.

In the various forms of media, there have been two different pronounciations of “Ra’s”:  RAHS and RAYSH.  Despite which one is correct – RAYSH – we decided to honor both.  If you watch the show carefully, you’ll see that everyone outside of the League says “RAHS” and everyone in the League says “RAYSH.”
And it’s not sarcasm, it’s sassiness.  :)

agentsofmariahill asked:
Are we ever going to see the deleted scene where Laurel carries Sara's body to the Foundry? I need to have my heart broken more.

She never carried her body into the Foundry on camera.  We deleted the moment when Laurel picked up her body in the alleyway.

psychophysicist asked:
Do you participate or involve in the flash tv show in any manner?

Well, I watch it.  :)

smoakandarrow asked:
I was watching some Season 3 eps & I wondered... Forgetting the realitiy of budgets and schedules and all that, if you could have Arrow film anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

We really wanted to shoot at least the first few Season 3 flashbacks in Hong Kong.

splitsunshine asked:
Would you ever do an episode without ANY flashbacks?

We did in Eps. 107 and 108 and we felt that the show lacked something without them.

goldengrillio asked:
I feel like you've turned into Oprah. You get a guest role! And you get a recurring role! And you get a multi episode arc! Everyone gets a role on Arrow!! In all seriousness I keep on hearing about all these people joining Arrow, but not enough about the main cast I actually care about. Hope that changes.

Thanks for your post.  It gives me the opportunity to say the following:
The characters on Arrow need to have scenes with characters other than each other.  That means casting.  That means recurring characters.  I understand the concern that the show is going to lose its focus on its main cast, but wait till you see the episodes.  It’s all I ask.

Edited by tv echo

Non-spoilery posts at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/   (spoilery posts have been added to the Spoilers thread, b-t-s posts have been added to the Slings and Arrows thread, and a comics post has been added to the Green Arrow in Comics thread)...

jbdolicity asked:
What does a girl/fandom gotta do to get a picture of Stephen/Emily with their MTV Ship of the Year Award!? Don't make us do a trend!

I’ll ask…

crochetscribe asked:
Do you ever read the conversations in the comments?

Unfortunately, I don’t have the time.  Sorry.

cometdefyinggravity asked:
Hi Marc, will we see more scenes (more happy scenes) between Laurel and her father in season 4? their relationship is my favorite of the show. Katie and Paul are more than amazing when they work together, they are mind-blowing. I absolutely love them!

Me too.  I think you’ll love their dynamic in Season 4.  I do.

jacksonwhipitmore asked:
will oliver ever call laurel "pretty bird"?

If it comes up organically, yes.

justinebenard asked:
If Felicity, Oliver and Diggle went to a karaoke bar, what would you like them to sing???

It would have to be Billy Joel.

myolicityuniverse asked:
Hi Marc! Can you describe to Emily in three words?

Amazing. Sweet. Kind.

hotsforlaurel asked:
Please dont waste Neal's talent in season 4 if its going to be bogged with heavy romance and poor storyline. What made season 2 and season 1 so great was that the danger and action were upped in each episode and we had a really amazing big BAD! Please don't disappoint us Marc.

We’ll try not to!

olicityknowingyou asked:
Ok Marc ,You know that we want a lot of hot Olicity "stunt" scenes in season 4.You know that ,right?

I’m aware, yes.

smoakandarrow asked:
Hey Marc. Last one, I swear. LOL. I thanked Wendy Mericle already, but wanted to say it here, too. TY for making Arrow a show that doesn't do sexual violence. I have zero interest in seeing a woman (though I clearly know sexual violence isn't limited to them) raped or sexually abused on Arrow. It's not "entertainment" for me, & I've always resented that, for female characters, many shows can't find a way to make them transform w/o rape. Here's to strong women with strong stories to evolve them.

Thank YOU for your message.  I’m very proud of the fact that Arrow has so many strong women.  We have an action sequence coming up where it’s three characters – all super-heroes – who are kicking ass.  And they just happen to be female.  As the father of two daughters, I’m very happy that we can do this and do it completely organically – i.e., not the least bit forced.

psychophysicist asked:
Does arrow finale occurs before flash rogue air episode or after ?

Arrow Finale after Rogue Air.

I've discovered that this forum has a 10-quotes-per-post maximum.  So anything arguably b-t-s was included in my Slings and Arrows posting.

Edited by tv echo

I'd love just a classic Dig in his leather jacket instead of the Arrow suit. But what do you think the odds are that if they release a second, they'll put him in his weird Daft Punk helmet?

I'm hoping that if they do that they'll have him holding his helmet so you can see his face. Or something.

• Love 1

If they were going to do a second series anyway, I wonder if Funko was going to include Felicity all along and was just being coy to drum up attention.

I'm hoping Diggle as Diggle is part of the new line, as well as Roy and Thea as Arsenal and Speedy. I'm guessing Malcom will be the villain figure, and Laurel as Black Canary will get one too. Because masks!

Edited by lemotomato

According to Funko it can be either Sara or Laurel since they both wore the costume and used the name....looks just like Sara/Canary

Funko can suck it - that's Sara. :) 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Buckles was part of the 2nd series. I hope they have a Diggle one without his new Robocop/Daft Punk (<---I like that) helmet. I need him and Felicity (and possibly Roy) to join my ever growing wall of Funkos in my office. Currently, Deadpool, Alison Hendrix, and The Arrow are sharing the top tier. 

• Love 3