Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I agree. I think we best leave it as it is. Bringing up the very real terrorist attacks and comparing it to a fictional city is just not right in my books and is starting to make me really uncomfortable talking about this. 

I think it's valid because the show is touching on real things to a degree even as it is a comic book show. Well at least it did in s1 and s2. It's hard to not find some things for the argument.  I'm not here to make anyone uncomfortable so I apologize for that.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't mind them going with Star City from Starling City.  It's less a name change than choosing an appellation.  I can totally see the idiots in charge of Starling thinking that a simple shortening of the name would help distance them from their recent past.  It's dumb but it is very in character.   

Edited by BkWurm1

To be fair, I think it's valid because the show is touching on real things to a degree even as it is a comic book show. Well at least it did in s1 and s2.  I'm not here to make anyone uncomfortable so I apologize for that.

No worries! It just made me uncomfortable because of what I was going to respond next which would've just been really wrong and I smacked my forehead just thinking it or making the comparison. 

I guess I may be a party of one but I like the GA costume. ...ducks head... It's not that practical but SA wears it well and I don't watch this for practicality. Considering all the bad costumes I had dreamed up in my mind, this is better than all of those. As far as in-story reason, it's seems like fashionista Thea probably created this for him. She's a master seamstress after all!

Now the Diggle costume embarrasses me a little.

• Love 5
(edited)

I read over on the LoT pages that by the time the 4th or 5th episode of Arrow is filmed that the LoT people will start their filming so only the early episodes on Flash or Arrow can be used to set up LoT. 

Gives me hope that it will be kept to a minimum. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I guess I may be a party of one but I like the GA costume. ...ducks head... It's not that practical but SA wears it well and I don't watch this for practicality. Considering all the bad costumes I had dreamed up in my mind, this is better than all of those. As far as in-story reason, it's seems like fashionista Thea probably created this for him.

The costume is growing on me. Seeing SA in it live is helping. I think the shoulders will eventually be unnoticeable.

• Love 4
(edited)

I guess I may be a party of one but I like the GA costume. ...ducks head... It's not that practical but SA wears it well and I don't watch this for practicality. Considering all the bad costumes I had dreamed up in my mind, this is better than all of those. As far as in-story reason, it's seems like fashionista Thea probably created this for him. She's a master seamstress after all!

Hated the caped sleeves in the promo pic but live it looked reasonable.  In the promo it looks like he's wearing football padding without the jersey over it.  The weird saucers sticking out on his shoulders in real life mold more to the arm.  Still not sure why we have no sleeves but I will try to focus on all the pretty bicep pics to come.

Diggle's helmet will look less stupid if he rolls up on a motorcycle otherwise....I'm going to try and keep an open mind.  Maybe live it will work better too.  When Diggle was adamant about not wanting a mask, I kind of thought it would be a helmet but this feels too round and bulky to be of practical.  He'll try to punch someone but the weight from the helmet will topple him off balance. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I'm happy for you! :D I wish I had the same first reaction but I have to admit, if this is the only way I see his biceps every episode (which it better not. Shirtless Oliver is necessary for the plot) then god dammit I will find a way to love this costume :p

Diggle's is terrible though. 

• Love 2

I think Starling City as a name sounds more grounded and Realistic than Star City, the moniker may work in Comics but, I vastly prefer Starling.

Like the new sleeveless-ness in the costume, it worries me a little they are changing things in-show seemingly because comics and with all the behind the scenes reasoning for all the plot-heaviness of S3, and my loving A LOT of element that are not comic related, it make me nervous.

Haven't seen the live footage of the costume yet, but in stills it make SA shoulders seemed more hunched from what I've seen, if it is because SA wants some ventilation in the costume (pure spec remember him saying the old one was either freezing or too hot), I can learn to live with that, but what happens during the winter, does Oliver wear a henley underneath the costume?

I'm loving this board for the info and thanks to everyone linking and keeping on top of everything...

• Love 4

I don't mind them going with Star City from Starling City.  It's less a name change than choosing an appellation.  I can totally see the idiots in charge of Starling thinking that a simple shortening of the name would help distance them from their recent past.  It's dumb but it is very in character.   

Right?  Like can you see the LoA pilot at the end of season 3 being all, "Sir, we have clearance to land at our sooper sekrit assassin airport in Star City."

And Ra's is like, "Exce-wha?  Star Who?  No, I am here to rain down death and disease on Al Sahiem's home city of STARLING."

And Oliver is *shrug* and "Maybe they moved?"

"Dang it, turn this plane around!"

Fini.

• Love 4

….they referred to Sara as BC again. 

Yep. Still funny.

I mean, in a sense I do feel bad for Laurel's fans who are probably just super tired of correcting these people, but it just gives me pleasure that no one really cares about that character enough to actually get it right. This is what LL has become. A character that no one cares about (and when I say no one of course it's a hyperbole. I know some people like her). 

• Love 10

According to the LOT panel, the first episodes of Arrow and Flash set up the spin-off. 

I hope they don't spend too much time on Arrow setting up LoT. I'm kind of bored of time being spent on spin-offs when I'd like it to be spent on characters I already love and want to know more about. 

• Love 11

I hope they don't spend too much time on Arrow setting up LoT. I'm kind of bored of time being spent on spin-offs when I'd like it to be spent on characters I already love and want to know more about. 

Until recently I had been resigned for it to take over the show until the winter hiatus so I'm pleased to hear that the setting up stuff will happen so soon.  

• Love 2

I don't feel bad for laurel fans because most of them hate every single thing on the show except Laurel and hate on it more then anyone.And I'm sorry but that character has been ruining the show for 3 seasons and more to come.They act like just because KC waited to become BC she deserves it.It s not a charity case,its about who's best for the part and thats not her at all.

• Love 6

Wow this thread is hopping tonight!! Here are my thoughts.

White lace illusion dress - ebr is hot in her outfit. But that dress is just awful for this event. Not a fan if it in white. However, as a figure skating outfit she would definitely take the gold! :)

New Arrow outfit - I really miss the old one :( He looks like hes ready for a rollar derby match at any moment. The sleeveless outfit is impractical for weather. But I will try to be more positive and think that we will get to see more of SA. Perhaps we will get to see him do more of his stunts. He likes to do his own stunts, so maybe the shoulder pads will allow him that.

Dig's helmet - I gave up on the costume department and helmets after seeing what they did with the Atom suit. I hope its better in action. Cuz right now the helmet looks a little dumb.

Until recently I had been resigned for it to take over the show until the winter hiatus so I'm pleased to hear that the setting up stuff will happen so soon.  

Fingers crossed. I'm fine with some set up, obviously, because this is a shared universe. It was bound to happen. But I fear they get lost in the shiny new things and forget the characters that matter on their own show.

• Love 1

I don't feel bad for laurel fans because most of them hate every single thing on the show except Laurel and hate on it more then anyone.And I'm sorry but that character has been ruining the show for 3 seasons and more to come.They act like just because KC waited to become BC she deserves it.It s not a charity case,its about who's best for the part and thats not her at all.

I don't care much for her fans, but I do feel sorry for KC because even though CL is on another show, the comparisons have inevitably started again, and will probably be worse this time around because now we've seen KC in action and she's just... not as good at stunts as CL is. 

(edited)

Has there been ANY info relating to KC or LL? Well informed is well armed after all. 

I guess DR's comment about Laurel, Diggle and Thea being a well oiled machine counts but anything else?  Did anyone watch her interview? 

Edited by BkWurm1

Here you go! I think their friendship is sweet. But nothing compares to Stephen and David :p

Thanks! I really like Stephen and David's bromance, but there isn't a GIF of them kissing--yet?

I do like EBR and SA's friendship, but I'm also grateful that they're selling Olicity by being so affectionate and supportive of their characters' relationship.  I know that those weirdos who ship the actors make the rest of us wary of EBR and SA giving them fodder, but I feel like their refusal to acknowledge that type of grossness by not censoring their fun together speaks to their professionalism and easy friendship.  

It's fun because they both seem to ship Olicity as hard as the rest of us, and I think their exuberance is kind of rare.

• Love 15

I don't care much for her fans, but I do feel sorry for KC because even though CL is on another show, the comparisons have inevitably started again, and will probably be worse this time around because now we've seen KC in action and she's just... not as good at stunts as CL is. 

I can't even feel bad for her because I remember how happy she acted when CL was killed of,how she never even praised her on a great performance(as any profesional actor would),how she kept calling Felicity comic relief and saying she was gonna be just a fling,faving tweets that say Laurel Lance always trying to save the show and a bunch of other stuff.The writing for Laurel was bad but she had plenty of oportunities to elevate it like most of the other actors do and she never did it.She just does a bad job and the show suffers for it. Its mean but I can't wait for the WC/BC comparing to start.Its gonna be funny.

• Love 4
(edited)

This board is really cut throat today regarding the comic canon stuff and Laurel :p And on the other side it's also super fluffy regarding other things...

It's super fun to watch lmao

Edited by wonderwall

The one thing re: Laurel this year's con showed me is that she's become mostly invisible. There's almost no hype about Laurel. Which is kind of worse than loathed in this medium.

My hope is that they do what they did with Roy.He was just kinda there most of the time.

• Love 7

The one thing re: Laurel this year's con showed me is that she's become mostly invisible. There's almost no hype about Laurel. Which is kind of worse than loathed in this medium.

I'm surprised. I thought they would be pushing Black Canary. All I got this weekend was something about LOT, her being more polished and DR mentioned the new Team. And I guess she got to be by SA in all the photos, but I didn't see any attention on her. I still haven't seen anything about her even talking on the panel.

I'm surprised. I thought they would be pushing Black Canary. All I got this weekend was something about LOT, her being more polished and DR mentioned the new Team. And I guess she got to be by SA in all the photos, but I didn't see any attention on her. I still haven't seen anything about her even talking on the panel.

I saw something about her saying she loves everything about puting on her costume.Don't know if its right,but thats all I saw.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Last year she didn't get much coverage at CC either, and it turned out her storyline was huge, but had to be kept a secret until the season premiere. 

• Love 3

When several members of the cast and crew of three shows refer to CL/Sara as BC over and over still, that's my answer to how important Laurel as BC is to *them*. I.e., not that much.

• Love 5
(edited)

The article in TvGuide (I think that was it) mentioned a big storyline for her and wanting more Nyssa/Laurel scenes. I figured they would talk about that or at least her transition to Black Canary. Given her semi-successfull-in-comparison-to-other-seasons year and the fact that she has a mask now, Laurel would be a fairly big topic of conversation at the 'big' panel. But Nope. And all the articles I saw floating around, where about Oliver and Olicity. Diggle didn't even get the attention I thought he would (and believe he should have), but he still got more than Laurel.

I wonder if its because they know Laurel doesn't tend to go over well at cons, so they figure why push it here and sell her on other platforms.

Or it could be there was a lot of attention, but it was all in the LL area and I don't go there.

I'll add that I'm aware she is going to have a storyline and this isn't leading up to her exiting the show. It just surprised me because you would think if they had turned her character around as much as all those comments sections would have you believe, she would have gotten something.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2

It is weird. I don't know what could possibly be such a big secret as Sara's death was. I've figured her storyline would be Sara's resurrection, but why keep that a secret? We all know she's coming back.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think they don't want to get into LOT specifics. KC did mention that she plays a part in getting LOT off the ground or some such...

Earlier JB also implied the Canary sisters linking with his arc.

It is weird. I don't know what could possibly be such a big secret as Sara's death was. I've figured her storyline would be Sara's resurrection, but why keep that a secret? We all know she's coming back.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1
(edited)

Even David Ramsey called Laurel the Canary and KC had to correct him... Yikes!

http://obsessedwitharrow.tumblr.com/post/123867625837/ew-interview-with-the-cast-of-arrow

Maybe Laurel is the one to have her resurrected.

THis is exactly what I thought. 

Seriously though teh only two things I'm thoroughly disappointed in is:

• The lack of Diggle spoilers/noise
  • Felicity's father arc might be pushed back to next season
Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

I would be Cool with Laurel being the one to resurect Sara. It would really highten their issues which I think could be interesting but potentially annoying. Of course I need Thea to be a part of this arc as well.

• Love 2

It makes sense that that is where Laurel's storyline will be. I watched the highlight reel that they showed before the panel. It was a lot of Oliver/Ra's/Olicity/Malcolm, it recapped the Thea coming out of the pit and becoming Speedy, Diggle and his conflict with Oliver, and it showed some scenes of Laurel fighting. But Laurel was never highlighted like the others were, she was just there..punching. If they were segueing into the new season and Laurel's arc is with Sara/LOT, it would kind of make sense. 

• Love 1

So long as FS has her own storyline this year, I'm OK with the bumping her father to end of s4 & even into s5. Whenever they do that story I want it to be done well and not just tacked onto a preexisting plot arc just to get it out of the way.

• Love 5

Diggle/Felicity getting big stories was the main reason I was even interested in S4. If it looks like they've been pushed off yet again, I'm not sure I'll even end up watching this season.

That being said, they haven't even started filming yet so it's possible we'll hear more before the season starts.

• Love 3

I expected more attention for her but I'm not suprised.Most of the positive comments were on reddit,facebook,imdb and sites like gatv.Those only complain,not much positive press to be found there.IMO most of the reviewers and media were against her as BC in the begining and they didn't change their mind as much as just give up on complaining because it was clear they waren't gonna give it up. You can't just slap a mask on a boring character and hope that would make them popular.And her fans are pissed she got ignored.They  freaked out every time someone called CL Black Canary. I saw that apple 4 person  on imdb saying EBR intentionaly didn't write KC's name on that board so she could be second billed.

I think they didn't say much about Diggle of Felicity's dad because those are the big spoilers,so they focused on Olicity.Hope they don't postpone it till next season,fans have been waiting on that one.And DR said a few times her dad had something to do with HIVE this season so I think they trying to throw us off.Like they did when they said Sara would have a big storyline in season 3.

• Love 1