Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

tumblr_nf9ra2KpEf1sxep94o1_250.gif

Also Willa didnt lose her role to Emily, unlike KC.

I hope Emily wouldn't have to play both the love interest and the sister to Oliver, that would just be weird. Is that why Emily/Colton vacation together? Because he lost his role to Em?

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 3

Is that the only way you show friendship? She just called her wifey, that's pretty friendly.

Yeah did the same with Willa, Jessica.

Emily also said her and KC face timed but apparently KC still had no clue about the free day.

You got that right, wifey!

jkjk haha

We just hung out the other day! Don't deny our friendship!

Yeah did the same with Willa, Jessica.

Emily also said her and KC face timed but apparently KC still had no clue about the free day.

She didn't try to pass it off as her being on set filming. 

They probably couldn't come to a PR agreement.

Lol begging? ok. Because this interview is going to help get her a lot of work. 

When you are out of a job and looking for a new one, any chance to get the word out that you are looking for a job is a blessed opportunity and you are a fool to not seize it - especially if it has something like a charity connected to that request.

For actors they are always looking for employment, however since i've been an Arrow fan I have never seen an interview with KC where she spoke about "hopefully shooting something over hiatus" (granted I don't religiously - or much at all- follow KC interviews so I could be wrong).

take from that what you will, to me it says: i'm out of a job and looking for a new one.

When you are out of a job and looking for a new one, any chance to get the word out that you are looking for a job is a blessed opportunity and you are a fool to not seize it - especially if it has something like a charity connected to that request.

For actors they are always looking for employment, however since i've been an Arrow fan I have never seen an interview with KC where she spoke about "hopefully shooting something over hiatus" (granted I don't religiously - or much at all- follow KC interviews so I could be wrong).

take from that what you will, to me it says: i'm out of a job and looking for a new one.

She's spoken about not doing projects over the hiatus since she spent majority of her time training for the show over the summer. Now that her body is in the shape it is in, she can afford to do something new while maintaining her current physique. 

Sorry to bring this back around to an older topic (this is my first post here, hi guys!), but how do you guys know KC gave away her dog???

I'm curious about that as well. Also, Katie posted a picture of said dog only a few hours ago. So she's either in Vancouver or posting old pics of a dog she no longer owns.

Also, hi! Welcome to the board.

Edited by Delphi

Thank you! :)

I also don't really get why so many people take issue with Emily and Katie being friends. That's their business. Or that's PR's business. Either way, time will tell.

As for Willa, I have my theory (completely unsubstantiated) that Willa is just weird haha. Look at her bf and the pics he posts of her. I think she's just different and her crowd of people happen to not be on Arrow. That simple, really.

• Love 6

I'm just going to wait and see if anyone slips up and posts pics from the set with anyone in particular missing over a period of days and or pictures (not a reliable way I know). Right now its like they went to some high TV Show DEFCON Level of secrecy or something. Well one thing is for sure eventually who is in the grave WILL be revealed.

Something about Wolves? Straight to DVD PoS.

ETA: The Wolves at the Door

Thanks, never heard of it. Oh well I'm not surprised I hadn't though. Edited by Ann Mack

Aint it funny how emily never posts pics with Kc anymore.

But people can keep believing this is a real friendship.

So for you it is a false friendship? because Katie is the only post pictures emily? and then? you really believe they will say they are friends just for the sake of a few fans? we must ask the right questions and look, they spend their sets holiday, their best friends are close too. Obviously they became friends as and when they spend time together.

Its a PR friendship. It happens all the time in the industry. If you gonna be fooled by it. They did their job right. And its not for the fans its about how the public sees the females on the show. There were rumours regarding BTS drama since s2. What better way to showcase the cast loves each other so much, no hard feeling even if one of them is exiting the show. Watch the Flash ladies start it soon also.

You mean the holiday where KC was mostly seperated from the rest of the people who were also there?

• Love 6

whatever, but I think a friendship develops, I do not know if the flash actresses are like that, but anyway, it does not mean that everything is rosy, I mean for there to be friendship, we must also go through the pains and joys.

Yeah friendships can develop. But when you ignore your castmember for 3 years and only start  making a connection when that cast member gets basically promoted to female lead, taking the role that was supposed to be yours. Case in point Paley Fest 2015. And when asked why it took her that long is due to trust issues. No matter that it was KC minimizing the role of Felicity even during s2 hiatus, while campaigning for BC. You dont go around dismissing other female characters as just a LI, when you support all females.

• Love 7

The only friendship between the ladies of Flarrow I believe it's genuine it's the one between KC and DP. "Friends" who hang out together only when paps are in sight and declare their love on SM scream fake to me. I'm not saying they don't like each other but if circumstances were different they would have ignored each other like they did for years.

It probably feeds into that completely distorted idea that being a feminist means you have to like and/or be friends with every woman. Double yuck.

Yeah, to me being a feminist means that men and women are equal, and I can hate them equally.

• Love 8

Yeah friendships can develop. But when you ignore your castmember for 3 years and only start making a connection when that cast member gets basically promoted to female lead, taking the role that was supposed to be yours. Case in point Paley Fest 2015. And when asked why it took her that long is due to trust issues. No matter that it was KC minimizing the role of Felicity even during s2 hiatus, while campaigning for BC. You dont go around dismissing other female characters as just a LI, when you support all females.

They barely interacted for 2 years before getting actual screen time together in s3 where they were around one another every day. CW isn't going to force them into a PR friendship and they aren't going to actually spend time together outside of work. Not to mention TheCW isn't going to force them and no one else on their network. They get no publicity out of it, it doesn't raise their profiles at all. Nothing is gained.

Danielle and Candice are on the networks #1 show now yet they don't try to be besties at all, how weird.

• Love 1

They barely interacted for 2 years before getting actual screen time together in s3 where they were around one another every day. CW isn't going to force them into a PR friendship and they aren't going to actually spend time together outside of work. Not to mention TheCW isn't going to force them and no one else on their network. They get no publicity out of it, it doesn't raise their profiles at all. Nothing is gained.

Danielle and Candice are on the networks #1 show now yet they don't try to be besties at all, how weird.

Why do they have to be in scenes together to interact IRL? Are they incapable of chatting over coffee at craft services when they're all physically located in the same place, just because their CHARACTERS aren't?

And they absolutely do get publicity out of it, see, e.g., craptons of pap photos of them together at various beaches. Additionally, what is your source that the CW wouldn't at least "encourage" them to fake a friendship? What, is the CW, the network of pretty people, above that? I'm going to go ahead and doubt that.

Danielle didn't take the love interest role away from Candice. There's no reason for anyone to expect hard feelings there. VERY different from KC/EBR in which EBR DID take the LI and, in terms of screentime at least, lead female role from KC. Totally different situations, handled totally differently, and therefore not at all weird.

Edited by AyChihuahua

I frankly don't understand why it matters if KC or EBR are fake or real friends. It doesn't change the storyline or character trajectories. It certainly hasn't translated on screen. And honestly its their business. Either they agreed to a PR friendship or they just discovered they like to hang out with each other. It has no bearing on the actual show.

As for me, either way it seems like fun. Sign me up for a PR friendship if it means I get to go on fun trips, take a few pics and send a few tweets. Bonus if it means I don't have to pay for it. It doesn't seem that horrible. And if they found real friendship then kudos to them. I'm not gonna begrudge them happiness even if the beginning was suspicious. Stranger things have happened than two females around the same age on the same sets now for hours at the same time now becoming friends.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 14

Why do they have to be in scenes together to interact IRL? Are they incapable of chatting over coffee at craft services when they're all physically located in the same place, just because their CHARACTERS aren't?

And they absolutely do get publicity out of it, see, e.g., craptons of pap photos of them together at various beaches. Additionally, what is your source that the CW wouldn't at least "encourage" them to fake a friendship? What, is the CW, the network of pretty people, above that? I'm going to go ahead and doubt that.

Danielle didn't take the love interest role away from Candice. There's no reason for anyone to expect hard feelings there. VERY different from KC/EBR in which EBR DID take the LI and, in terms of screentime at least, lead female role from KC. Totally different situations, handled totally differently, and therefore not at all weird.

Being around each other more at work lets them get to know each other better. Clearly neither went out of their way before to really chat each other up outside of work which is very Norman l normal.

Their friendship status isn't going to affect the shows ratings and they wouldn't have to go aboveand beyond for 2 years to silence any rumors of possible conflict with one another. They get the pap photos regardless if they with one another, they are celebraties, it's to be expected.

CW had an actual real life couple who was also their biggest show/romance at the time break up yet they didn't put half the energy into trying to make it seem they are still super close after they broke up.

My source is the same source as the person who says that they are totally a PR relationship.

I frankly don't understand why it matters if KC or EBR are fake or real friends. It doesn't change the storyline or character trajectories. It certainly hasn't translated on screen. And honestly its their business. Either they agreed to a PR friendship or they just discovered they like to hang out with each other. It has no bearing on the actual show.

I think everybody involved in this discussion knows that whatever friendship they have isn't going to influence the show. But if we followed the "what does it matter" reasoning, then we really should cut this thread altogether? 

• Love 3

To be fair, EBR and WH didn't share any scenes together and they were good friends long before their characters ever interacted. So I can totally understand why some people are reluctant to believe KC and EBR are only friends now that they're working together on screen more. Just because they show us a happy friendship doesn't mean it's true. 

Of course there's the flip side of that and what we see is exactly what's happening for real. Who knows? If it is a PR friendship they both obviously agreed to be a part of it and that's fine. If it isn't, well, good for them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Guest

While I really really love that we finally got a promo photo for her, I'm also annoyed at how they did it? Why did she only get one after she got a code name? Do only masks earn photo shoots? And I am also slightly annoyed at the pose they have her in. She's standing in the standard "comic book female character" pose. Girl is CEO at 26, and a genius. She should be standing facing the camera straight on! But this is also absolutely nothing new to world of Hollywood. 

• Love 2