Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I think SA brought it up first at DCC. Something about writing posts to CG and deleting them (mostly related to spoilers, IMO). I think the fans just kept following up on his statement and then added to it.

Personally I think they were stupid and should have just ignored it. I hate when fans try to involve actors or producers in fandom shit. Unfortunately, nothing can be done about it since it happens in every fandom.

• Love 6

I find this amusing. Some guy who hates Olicity tweeted a photo of their first kiss and said he would get it tatted with 5k retweets. A couple hours after he tweeted it there was only like 100. I saw it again this morning and it's around 2600. SA retweeted it.

I find this amusing. Some guy who hates Olicity tweeted a photo of their first kiss and said he would get it tatted with 5k retweets. A couple hours after he tweeted it there was only like 100. I saw it again this morning and it's around 2600. SA retweeted it.

Ha! I saw the retweets but it seemed like a less than wise life choice, so I didn't want to encourage him. The background makes me rethink that attitude. SA retweeting it is super funny.

Now I need everyone to send this guy recommendations for tattoo artists and Olicity fan arts of the scene for suggestions. Maybe he would like a warm watercolor or perhaps a delicate black and white stencil. :-)

• Love 2

I'm dying at that. I really hope this guy goes through with it. It would show him as a good sport, at the very least, and he got acknowledged by Stephen! That's pretty cool. I bet that is not what this guy had in mind when he posted that tweet. This goes to show that joke tweets sometimes will backfire.

The guy said he is going to do it but he implied he is going to add an offensive quote to the pic. Does he realize it's his body and tattoos are permanent? LOL, people....

Oh yeah. That'll show them.

What a moron.

SA has been known to check people's TLs before responding to tweets. He probably knew this guy wasn't a fan.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 5

Yes! UK Here i come!

Stephen and Emily and David at the same con is so rare. You're lucky! :D Have fun there :) Hope you get some really awesome scoop about S5 or just overall thoughts about S4 (hopefully SA doesn't disappoint in his hatred of the BM storyline)

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 6

Do they take an account number/swift code/routing number?

Yeah but I can't pay it online have to go into the bank. Global World my ass.

In any event, I have a ticket, now I just have to see if my friend is going...hopefully yes (she went last year) and she can fit me into her room.

Now watch EBR sign up for NJFF LOL

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

Is Birmingham going to be the new Chicago Walker Stalker??? :D I must make plans for next year ;)

Also, Greg Berlanti just became a father. I'm happy for him!

CbrpuH9W0AATN6-.jpg

Congratulations to him and his family!!

Hopefully this will curtail his desire to have surprise kids/parenthood show up on everyone of his shows.

• Love 14

I wasn't trying to mean... sometimes people use their art (in this case his storytelling) to work through issues. I have no idea why he seems so obsessed with surprise kids & parenthood, but they literally show up in like every show I've seen him involved in. So now that he has that in his real life perhaps he won't need to scratch that artistic itch.

I'm sincerely happy for him and wish him all the best. Having children is a really special thing, so I am happy for anyone who is able to make that dream happen.

• Love 2

Congratulations to him and his family!!

Hopefully this will curtail his desire to have surprise kids/parenthood show up on everyone of his shows.

Unfortunately (as I just learned in my celebrity culture class) when male celebrities become fathers in real life, their on screen roles often then reflect their new fatherhood role. I also blame this trend for Oliver getting a surprise kid since Amell's kid was born during season two when we first learned about Samantha. So we may be in for even more kids on his shows... 

• Love 2

Unfortunately (as I just learned in my celebrity culture class) when male celebrities become fathers in real life, their on screen roles often then reflect their new fatherhood role. I also blame this trend for Oliver getting a surprise kid since Amell's kid was born during season two when we first learned about Samantha. So we may be in for even more kids on his shows... 

Maybe, when it happens on his other shows, he'll be able to steer the storylines in the right direction...not that I blame this Baby Mama stuff on him fully. He has a partial hand in it, but most of it still falls on MG's shoulders. 

• Love 1

I don't have an automatic cringe response to surprise kids & parenthood. It's not the kids on the shows that bother me. It's when they mess up the story in the way they are with William. Kids on shows can be a good thing. For example on Nashville,  the kids were not a problem for the majority of the show until this past season when they felt the need to bring the drama to the kids. Now we have to deal with teen & pre-teen drama. It's drama overload and took away all the cuteness & depth the kids brought to the show.

Even surprise parenthood/sibling can be good plots per Berlanti's history. For example, in Brothers & Sisters, casting & writing for Rebecca was really good and drove many seasons of plot & characterization. It even had the bonus of having her go through 2 surprise paternity plots. It was compelling TV. Then they brought in the random surprise son (i forgot his name) and then it was badly written drama. Then in the final season, when they ran out of plots they even tried to redo the paternity drama with one of the main children. There are only so many ways you can tap into that pool before it becomes poorly written drama.

I don't dislike SA's desire to show OQ as a father, especially with a random kid that could be brought in and taken away (esp since it's way too soon to have an Olicity baby). So I think his idea of having this random son in CC was smart. I imagine the story he pitched is far better than whatever the writers decided to do with it. He just forgot that with these showrunners he wasn't going to get a parenthood/fatherhood story. Unfortunately, he was gonna get a for PLOT & DRAMA plot. So it's not the surprise kid that is the problem, its how they are using him. I would have been on board for an OQ as a father, but that is not what we are getting & not what they are writing.

• Love 4

I'm confused. I thought the EPs always planned on bringing Samantha and son back into the picture, and SA just suggested the meeting with Samantha at Jitters in S3?

Oh I'm sure they always planned on bringing in Samantha, I just found the information about celebrity dads/their on screen roles interesting. I think it was Amell who suggested the initial meeting, and it was also him who seemed the most excited about the storyline happening- probably (like we all thought) because he was a new father and was excited about the idea of playing a father on the show too. 

• Love 2

Know the dictionary meanings but what's the difference as far as Con's go for a "Sponsored" and "Special" guest. Are there different obligations or something involved? I really know little to nothing about how Con's work.

tumblr_o2v4favb4Z1sp0e81o2_500.png

tumblr_o2v4favb4Z1sp0e81o1_500.png

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

Tickets come with autographs for regular guests (everyone except those listed below)

Sponsored Guests you have to buy the upgraded package to get their autographs included (EBR and Keenan Lonsdale)

Special guests aren't included in any package and have to be bought separate (SA and Barrowman)

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Tickets come with autographs for regular guests (everyone except those listed below)

Sponsored Guests you have to buy the upgraded package to get their autographs included (EBR and Keenan Lonsdale)

Special guests aren't included in any package and have to be bought separate (SA and Barrowman)

Thanks for the info! Really wish I could go to the UK, but just not able to go this summer. Have fun on your trip!!