Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Willa Holland ‏@Willaaaah

To everyone going to #FanExpoCan I want to apologize for canceling last minute due to scheduling conflicts. Sending love from set xx

11:43 PM - 3 Sep 2015

https://twitter.com/Willaaaah/status/639690314656059393

Caity Lotz ‏@caitylotz

Can't wait to go to Brazil in December for @CCXPoficial !! Will be my first and I'm sure best time in Brazil. Tickets http://CCXP.com.br

11:09 AM - 2 Sep 2015

https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/639138016120848384

Looks like no Arrow at this year's NY Comic Con in October.  I see nothing about any DC TV shows in DCE's press release below.  I thought maybe there might be a separate WB/CW panel, but I don't see any panels listed for Arrow, Flash or LoT in the NY Comic Con programming schedule (see below)...

DC Comics ‏@DCComics
The DC Entertainment @NY_Comic_Con 2015 panel line-up is here! Dive in >>  http://bit.ly/1fY3j6u
6:15 AM - 4 Sep 2015

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/639788794720460800

Here's the panels & programming schedule for NY Comic Con, October 8-11, 2015:
http://nycc15.mapyourshow.com/6_0/sessions/session-alphalist.cfm?alpha=*&sortby=date&sortdir=asc

Entertainment guests:

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Guests/Entertainment-Guests/

Edited by tv echo

Arrow only had an official presence at NYCC in 2012 (to coincide with the series premiere). Not sure why anyone would expect them to show up now. No one from Arrow attended in 2013 (that I can recall) and, only SA put in a personal appearance in 2014.

Edited by Morrigan2575

An article about Steve Austin´s review of SA´s participation in WWE summerslam match. (Austin criticized the participation of celebrities in general, not only SA´s). The article got more than 600 comments with various opinions pro and con. An interesting read IMO.

From William Windsor, wrestling inc, September 3, 2015:

Steve Austin Critical Of Stephen Amell At WWE SummerSlam, Reveals Why Match Was Embarrassing

On the latest episode of The Steve Austin Show, Austin looked back at last week's Summerslam pay-per-view. When the conversation turned to Stephen Amell and Neville vs. King Barrett and Stardust, Austin was very critical of Amell's participation in the match and celebrities performing in the ring in general.

"I just don't like the celebrities coming in there, the squared circle, and being able to compete at any level with the guys in the [professional wrestling] business," Austin declared. "You've got to protect some integrity of the [professional wrestling] business. I don't care what day and age, what year it is." [...]

link: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0903/600283/steve-austin-critical-of-stephen-amell-at-wwe-summerslam/

Other articles about the same topic

From Nick Paglino, wrestle zone:

Steve Austin Calls Stephen Amell SSlam Match “Embarrassing”, Says it Was “Bad Booking”, Paige in Hot Water on Total Divas (Video)

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/616769-steve-austin-criticizes-stephen-amell-summerslam

From Nathan Birch, uproxx:

Steve Austin Stomped A Verbal Mudhole In Stephen Amell’s Performance At SummerSlam

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/09/steve-austin-stephen-amell-summerslam/

From Jeremy Thomas, 411mania:

Steve Austin Criticizes Stephen Amell’s SummerSlam Match

http://411mania.com/wrestling/steve-austin-criticizes-stephen-amells-summerslam-match/

From Ryan Clark, ewrestlingnews:

Steve Austin Says Stephen Amell’s WWE SummerSlam Match Was "Embarrassing" Due To The Booking

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/steve-austin-says-stephen-amell-s-wwe-summerslam-match-was-embarrassing-due-to-the-booking

"You've got to protect some integrity of the [professional wrestling] business. I don't care what day and age, what year it is."

Austin made the point that if the roles were reversed and Stardust was to appear in a film with Amell, Stardust would only make a cameo appearance and he probably would have only one or two lines. According to Austin, celebrities competing with professional wrestlers in the ring undermines the credibility of professional wrestling.

First, let's define "integrity".  Does anyone really believe that professional wrestling is not staged and planned out beforehand?  SA's is as good as or better than any of the others in terms of athleticism.  He sounds like a bad union rep, saying you have to work your way up no matter what your qualifications.  (FTR, I had the utmost respect for good unions.)

Second, Arrow has already had a rugby player (Matt Nable) and footballer (Vinnie Jones) on the show this year and they got a lot more than one or two lines. 

• Love 4

What's a Fan Talk?

The CW has a web series called Fan Talk. They usually have a guest that's affiliated with the show, and ask them questions that fans have sent in. I'm guessing it's them? Nothing wrong with them going to the cast panel - if they are. 

IDK, I can see how someone who came up in wrestling wouldn't take too kindly to the idea of a celebrity—regardless of their athletic ability—coming in and being able to hold their own with pros who have been in the business for a while. I don't care what your job is, if you value what you do and take pride in your dedication to it - whatever it is - you never want it to look like someone can walk right in off the street and do it just as well as the other people who have been training for and doing it for years. 

• Love 2

The tweets I was reading were from people at an Arrow panel, but none of the cast or bts players were there. They said it was just fans/bloggers talking about the show. But apparently it was really negative to the show and some of the questions seemed to indictate they didn't have much knowledge. One of the moderators asked how fans liked Thea as Arsenal, the crowd didn't seem to know Sara was coming back or Constatine was appearing.

Someone else on twitter said they poked their head in, saw it was a fan talk and then left. I didn't know if 'fan talk' was some type of panel.

Someone else on twitter said they poked their head in, saw it was a fan talk and then left. I didn't know if 'fan talk' was some type of panel.

If you're talking Dragon Con, yes they have fan panels where it's only fans talking in both the room and at the head table.

It's kind of fun if you have a good room, good leaders/panel and interesting topic.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

IDK, I can see how someone who came up in wrestling wouldn't take too kindly to the idea of a celebrity—regardless of their athletic ability—coming in and being able to hold their own with pros who have been in the business for a while. I don't care what your job is, if you value what you do and take pride in your dedication to it - whatever it is - you never want it to look like someone can walk right in off the street and do it just as well as the other people who have been training for and doing it for years. 

Maybe, but PhD clinical psychologists have to deal with that all the time, someone just setting up a shingle and competing with them.  Where I live an M.D. with 2 weeks of training gets paid by insurance whereas a psychologist or social worker 7 years of grad school doesn't.. (#bitter)  So yeah, it's not nice but it happens. 

For Austin, it looks like a "closed shop" argument.  Just as Canadian doctors can't practice medicine in the US, and American doctors can't practice in Canada and British doctors can't practice either place, he's saying celebrities shouldn't be in the ring because they haven't been accredited as wrestlers.

But underneath, what Austin is implying that if an actor, no matter how fit and able to do stunts, can come in and compete on a level with professional wrestlers, all the pros really are are actors doing stunts.  Not good to show off the man behind the curtain.

No, he's implying that if it looks like anyone can walk in off the street and do what the pros are doing, that it's bad for business. I can't say whether he's right about that or not - everyone I know who watches wrestling knows that they're basically doing stunts and don't care, but he's not entirely wrong in that if too many celebrities come on and hold their own, it doesn't look so good for the pros.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

I was wondering what exactly he thought was embarrassing, since SA was able to hold his own. Then I realized that's what he thought was embarrassing...for the WWE, haha.

I get it for celebrities that clearly are not I n the right shape or actually can't do the moves but SA was something entirely different, something that it seemed all the other commentators and reviewers agreed about. And did Austin even watch the match? SA got stomped most of the time. He pulled off a few good moves but most of the match they showed him getting beat up and trying hard to tag his partner to come save him. He redeemed himself with his final move but even then the final pin went to Neville, the "professional". The match was crafted to make SA look like he was in over his head but that his determination not to quit keep him in it until his luck turned.

Only Stardust looked bad and as the creepy villain, that was the part he was always going to play. It seems to me that Austin's complaint is less about what went on and more about the attention and praise SA was being given.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

IDK, we'll have to agree to disagree. The match did play in a way that suggested SA was in over his head, but based on the few tag-team matches I've watched, it seems like someone in the match is always in a little over their head and gets beat - and those people are wresting pros. SA did the same thing they did. I get what Austin is saying, and I don't think it matters that SA is particularly athletic. It'd be like if Arrow allowed walk-ons to come in every week, and said walk-ons were on par with the seasoned actors. Do that enough, and it kind of makes you wonder what's so special about the actors. Maybe part of his worry is that SA did well (he's obviously going to be back for a match at some point), so they'll be looking to do more celebrity spots like that. 

• Love 1

I don't care what your job is, if you value what you do and take pride in your dedication to it - whatever it is - you never want it to look like someone can walk right in off the street and do it just as well as the other people who have been training for and doing it for years. 

That sounds like the complaint I have with Arrow. Lol.

To me Stardust and King Barrett were playing the villains and in the end the heroes have to win,which was SA and Neville. That's how it looked to me, not that SA came in pretending to be a professional wrestler. It was all just for fun and entertainment. 

• Love 2

I have no opinion on whether it was good or not for SA to be allowed to participate.  Other than being happy that he wasn't injured, I simply don't care.  However, I am expecting an FB or Twitter rage posting from him in 3..2..1.

• Love 1

I can't comment on what is normal in tag team matches since I do not normally or ever watch wrestling. So I guess from the outsider's perspective Austin shouldn't worry they are being upstaged. I understand what he is saying but I just think he was off base with Ammell who came into the event with a preexisting skill base that their trainers were able to fairly quickly build up off of. I would have preferred Austin expresses his disdain for the practice of bringing in celebrities without ripping on SA's actual performance

I have no opinion on whether it was good or not for SA to be allowed to participate.  Other than being happy that he wasn't injured, I simply don't care.  However, I am expecting an FB or Twitter rage posting from him in 3..2..1.

I had a boss that was a big wrestling fan and from her I know Steve Austin comes with a lot of respect from many fans and since SA is a fan, I wonder if he might apply more restraint with this than he's shown in other circumstances.

I would have preferred Austin expresses his disdain for the practice of bringing in celebrities without ripping on SA's actual performance

He didn't though? Unless he did it in some other article - he's saying the match was embarrassing for the WWE, not that Stephen's performance was bad. 

Although I am looking forward to a Facebook or Twitter rant, like AyChihuahua suggested.

Austin sound kind of petty here.  Arguably, Amell's presence has done more to raise the profile of 'wrestling' and the WWE than many promotions.  It's stunt acting at heart and Amell has been well trained in the art of stunt acting, stage combat and he's athletic to boot.  It's ridiculous for Austin to complain.  He should be thanking the Wrestling Gods for having someone with Amell's profile to bring in non-WWE fans to watch. Is he also pissed off that Jon Stewart came in to be the announcer? 

• Love 2

He didn't though? Unless he did it in some other article - he's saying the match was embarrassing for the WWE, not that Stephen's performance was bad. 

It felt implied at least to me. Oh well.

I need to remind myself I don't really care, lol.

Probably not, since he didn't participate in a match.

He did get in the ring and use a chair on someone which was then credited with helping the other guy win.

He did get in the ring and use a chair on someone which was then credited with helping the other guy win.

He hit the guy with a chair and then ran away so that the match would have a controversial ending. He displayed absolutely no physical prowess that was on par with other WWE performers (although the guy he took out with the chair might be embarrassed).

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I haven't listened to the podcast but going by what I've read that he said, I'm disappointed. Steve Austin should have used Stephan Amell to illustrate that if stunt casting is to happen for promo, a booking needs to have the outside cred to appear as if a limited run of skill, luck with a good teammate could be believable.

• Love 2

I think SA might be a little too busy to have a FB rant on Steve Austin. I don't follow WWE, but I know enough of it to know how big of a name Steve Austin is. I get some of his points about celebrities undermining professional wrestling or at least there be the potential. Honestly, I hope SA does not rant about it. He got to live out his dream. He might get invited back to do it again. So far its been primarily all glowing praise. Unless it is part of the media plan to having him publicly rant on Steve Austin, I think he should let this one go. It was more about celebrities in general & not just him. I just think it will look Petty if he takes on someone of Steve Austin caliber in the wrestling world, without the PR/media permission from the WWE. Stephen should be the bigger Steven in this battle & take the high road.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

I blame my morbid curiosity, but I'm interested in hearing about how those panels go. When was the last time KC did a joint panel? She has such a different headcanon of the show than the rest of the cast that I wonder how she'll answer questions when she's not in a room full of just BC fans.

Also, according to the most recent schedules that got posted, today's Arrow panel will be SA, JB, KC, and Matt Nable; tomorrow's will be SA, JB, and KC.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

I read on twitter it wasn't being live streamed.

I'm anticipating SA getting asked 80% of the questions, but JB doing 80% of the talking. Lol

KC doesn't have a Con-friendly personality so it will be interesting at least to see how the chemistry is on the panel.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

From what i am reading from my TL that panel was hella awkward.

I saw comments about the panel being awkward and people saying D*C needed to do something but no details. I have no idea what they mean by awkward but things that I classify as awkward are the fans asking for actors to show skin, give them a kiss, the ones that sing to them or recite a poem (i've seen both).

Edited by Morrigan2575

Honestly the videos aren't as bad as some people are describing it to be. And the people who are describing it on twitter are probably people who don't like her or her character so I wouldn't trust their judgement (they have hate goggles on). 

• Love 1