Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Move On / S03.E02: But I'm Not

[*]How come getting shot in the shoulder is now a shrug it off wound ?  Both Big Jim and Junior act like they aren't even wounded.  It's not like days have gone by -- it's the same day as last season's finale, they should both be bleeding out at a minimum since both wounds have gone untreated.  And their right shoulder/arm should be in a large amount of pain and probably unusable.

This was my favorite part. Junior takes one to the shoulder at pretty close range and it barely slows him down. Even better was the one red dot on his white t shirt. No dripping blood, just one perfectly formed, contained red dot.

• Love 1

This was my favorite part. Junior takes one to the shoulder at pretty close range and it barely slows him down. Even better was the one red dot on his white t shirt. No dripping blood, just one perfectly formed, contained red dot.

IMO, the only way this would have been better is if we see him in the next scene with a thin piece of cloth covering his wound (either over the top of the shoulder and under the armpit, or wrapped around the chest) over his t-shirt, with a small drop of blood on the bandage.  

• Love 2

All I got out of this was that Big Jim needs to find better bullets. The ones he has now can only tear cloth and break glass. But they don't actually penetrate skin or tear a photograph.

• Love 1

I could forgive the continuity mistakes in the Matrix world, you know the "computer" changes the program, but back in the real world? 

Jim was impaled from the right side, say at liver height, he comes with a wound on his left shoulder, supposedly Junior shot him there? almost no blood.

Yeah that goo Junior was in must have healed him fully, no blood or even a hole where the would was, but the shirt did have it.

ROFL at Julia's leg hurting, you know, the OTHER leg? haha

Whatever Melanie was, what strength to kill a grown man in mere seconds by choking him, meanwhile when she's doing Julia not even marks on her throat?

So there were 1976 people in Chester's Mill and "all of them" made it out, but I only see like 20 people max, where are the rest? all of the died? yeah say 200 were on the parade or something.

What are you people talking about the dome lowering or not, it EXPLODED or I was seeing things?

• Love 2
What are you people talking about the dome lowering or not, it EXPLODED or I was seeing things?

The Dome is definitely up because Drownsie wrote on "Hurry Daddy" on it and somehow Don Barbara decided that meant bring back the egg.  Why she didn't just write "Bring us the egg" I have no idea.

The Dome exploding was part of Drownsie's VR program where everyone thought they finally got out and had a year's worth of adventures.

• Love 1

This show is so bad, it's good.  And I see the new season doesn't disappoint...

The silly...

Joe continues to be the worst written character on television.  When the dome was coming down and everyone was watching it, he pointed and said, "look". 

Julia falling off the ladder because of a swarm of "butterflies". 

The many injuries the characters have suffered and it's only three weeks in their time and most seem to have healed up.

• Love 1

Yeah, so I skipped 90% of last season; I stopped the episode after Angie's death because the show was stupid. Sadly, when this aired last week, I flipped to this during commericals of other shows and finally decided to watch the whole thing today, just because I wanted to see what the hell was up with those egg cocoons.

This show is still as dumb as when I was watching it.

Julia's still dumb and trusting people she shouldn't be. The only reason she stopped trusting Egg Girl (Drownsie?) is partly because Big Jim defied her logic, and Drownsie was acting weird with the egg. I did laugh at her line of "this is the second time you've called me dumb" to Big Jim as she hits him. Man, girl, you are dumb!

Junior....what in the world happened with that boy? Last time I remember him, he was cuckoo crazy. Now he's...a more attractive kinda crazy? Nah, still don't like him much.

It seems the Dome just wanted all of these people to 'move on', no matter how they did it. And that was to.....???? No idea. I have no idea what Drownsie had planned.

Annoying Marg/Christine Price. Man, she would bug the hell out of me if I kept seeing her pop up everywhere and telling me what to do and how to feel! Geez, get any more shadier!

Yeah, Joe, you never cared much for your sister, last time I saw you guys. What's changed that made you go all 'Angie is my sister and I must never let her go/stop defending her'? Like....you barely paid attention to her before she died!

Wow, I like Norri more than I did in the first season. A lot more, actually. I never liked her and Joe, though, and I still don't.

Barbie's new girlfriend was good but clearly she also has an agenda. Man, though, there's definitely going to be a love triangle and I am not here for it.

Overall, I see why I gave up the show and I'm wondering why I'm considering to keep watching this season.  

• Love 3

Yeah, so I skipped 90% of last season; I stopped the episode after Angie's death because the show was stupid. Sadly, when this aired last week, I flipped to this during commericals of other shows and finally decided to watch the whole thing today, just because I wanted to see what the hell was up with those egg cocoons.

You honestly didn't miss anything, all you skipped were things that were already dropped and made completely pointless in the end.

• Love 2

I finally watched this on Amazon.

I was really hoping Pauline or at least one of her terrible paintings would be birthed from one of those pods.

So, all this time, all three weeks of it, the dome was doing what? Trying to maneuver them all into the caves and into the pods? Because that is a super weird plan with a ton of unpredictable variables.

(edited)

That's a very good point. The dome did seem to take the long way around in making its plan work.

It seems like if the dome had just zapped everyone who was underneath it, it could have done a lot in a short amount of time. If it did not zap all of them at once then it could have zapped some people, maybe select a group from day to day and week to week.

That absolutely ridiculous that the prey/ those converts had to do so much to have their minds controlled. And, in the end, the dome didn't really discriminate between many people.

Maybe Joe's "best friend", the skateboarding kid, who disappeared for a year, only to pop up again once in a while to see Drownsie, got killed because he threatened the Dome's agenda, or Drownsie's purpose. But, Drownsie got killed, too. Actually, I've lost track of all the people who got killed. That Christina did say she wanted Big Jim killed but that is a difficult task for any of those morons to accomplish.

For as many who've been killed, how many were almost killled, or very, badly wounded. and are still around?

Silly. For a moment in the latest episode, I thought they were going to make the argument that this is not only an alien thing but that Barbie's dad was behind it and aware of the consquences or something....I don't know. it was only a moment where it seemed like others knew more about what was going on than we ever will.

Edited by Hobo.PassingThru
(edited)

I finally got around to watching this disaster.  

So the intro preview had Barbie's voiceover saying "what if it takes us to an alternate reality?" as the white cloud consumed the crowd.  Did they really have to spell that out right from the onset?  I mean, we must be pretty stupid to watch this show, but we're not *that* stupid.  It pretty much ruined any potential "mystery" the episode had about what was happening. 

The whole thing with Melanie manipulating everyone's ideal life made no sense.  She wanted Joe to want to leave Chester Mill, but wanted Junior to stay there?  Why so micro-managey?  What exactly was her plan before Julia had the bright idea to tell her all about Barbie's father and the egg?  

Poor Ben.  He was practically the only recognizable recurring townsperson left.  No one on the street or at the Memorial was recognizable.  That's the problem with killing every minor character off, dummy writers.  And now they've finished everyone off.  Except Norrie's mom, who I really really hope managed to escape considering she wasn't back in Chester Mills for the Memorial.  At least I didn't see her.

Ooh look, two new cannon fodder female characters.  Wanna bet they won't make it to next season?

Nerd computer guy got more revealing shirtless scenes than Barbie?  What is the Dome coming to?

Both Norrie and Junior cleaned up pretty nice in their eternal daydreams.

So Big Jim is going to be all forgiven now because he helped free everyone from the cocoon, right?  Despite his psycho multiple homicides at the end of last season?

The show is just lucky few of us are willing to "review" what happened at the end of last season, or this episode would probably make even less sense.  I think I've already blocked out most of the plot points from the last season finale.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
(edited)

So the intro preview had Barbie's voiceover saying "what if it takes us to an alternate reality?" as the white cloud consumed the crowd.  Did they really have to spell that out right from the onset?  I mean, we must be pretty stupid to watch this show, but we're not *that* stupid.  It pretty much ruined any potential "mystery" the episode had about what was happening.

The show itself is getting dumber, so maybe the writers had to remind themselves that.

The whole thing with Melanie manipulating everyone's ideal life made no sense.  She wanted Joe to want to leave Chester Mill, but wanted Junior to stay there?  Why so micro-managey?  What exactly was her plan before Julia had the bright idea to tell her all about Barbie's father and the egg?

Faster character turn into evil for no reason at all than DJ Phil?  Her evil plan made no sense.

I think I've already blocked out most of the plot points from the last season finale.

Don't worry, they've already dropped most of them anyway.

So Big Jim is going to be all forgiven now because he helped free everyone from the cocoon, right?  Despite his psycho multiple homicides at the end of last season?

Yup, forced redemption for each of the male Rennie family members.

Edited by Free

I was really hoping Pauline or at least one of her terrible paintings would be birthed from one of those pods..

Further proof that this show is written on the fly or by different writers every episode - if there was any master plan for this show, Pauline's last painting would have been of giant cocoons.

• Love 2

At least DJ sheriff Phil went through the motions of putting his arm in a sling for a day or so.  And wasn't DJ Sheriff Phil shot in both shoulders eventually ?

I don't remember, but knowing this show, that would not surprise me one bit.

• Love 1

Further proof that this show is written on the fly or by different writers every episode - if there was any master plan for this show, Pauline's last painting would have been of giant cocoons.

She probably just wanted to die, either from the bad acting/screaming or just from wanting to leave the show asap.

• Love 1