Type keyword(s) to search

Twin, Place, Or Show

• Start Topic

Liz and Jean Sagal will always be my favorite twins and I loveloveloved Double Trouble (and I can recite Grease 2 complete with choreography if the need arises). I feel like super recently I read an article about Jonathan Schmock. Was that here somewhere?? Can we binge watch the series?

• Love 1
(edited)

From the hyperlink in the Londons paragraph:

Sarah: Except it looks like he's not on 7th Heaven anymore, probably, because apparently cell phone vandaliz........iz.........ing does not represent good Christian values.

Especially love this in light of the father, Stephen Collins, turning out to be a pedophile. This wasn't yet known in 2004. At least not by the public. Pretty sure those underage girls knew. Yuck.

Edited by I Love Me

OH GAWD DOUBLE TROUBLE. I had totally forgotten about that show, and man, did I love love love it. It always made me think of Pam and Penny Howard, the girls from the Du Jardin books that were *always* checked out from the library. (I proudly own my own damn copy of "Double Date" now, one of my most treasured garage-sale finds).

• Love 1

I am compelled to share this fact whenever Liz and Jean Sagal come up: they're Katey Sagal's sisters! (I'm also normally compelled to mention Grease 2, but that's already been covered)

• Love 3
(edited)

A few soap opera twins: Adam and Stuart Chandler from All My Children, Vicky and Marley Hudson from Another World (both roles initially played by Anne Heche), and Frannie and Sabrina Hughes from As The World Turns (most famously played by Julainne Moore).

And of course, there was the Krystle / Rita debacle from Dynasty.

Edited by AndySmith

Erica and Heather and black and white. Just the most perfect twinny thing ever.

I'm a twin and collect famous twin trivia no one should ever know.

Dierdra Hall's sister was on Days with her for a bit.

• Love 1
(edited)

And Fringe actually made "Walternate" canon! ... And had both Ashmores playing twins.

And I have to mention Rylie and Baylie who played Hope on Raising Hope; they managed to get great reaction shots from those babies!

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

I don't know about Australian BB but American BB did this back in 2004 (BB5) and it was awesome (in my opinion).

I *loved* Double Trouble, though my biases as a fifteen-year old were really bothered by the fact that the twin who was smart in Season One ended up being a fashion designer.

I was disappointed that your list didn't mention this X-Files episode: http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--r7ePyi07--/18hkggrc6d6hajpg.jpg

If we're going to include one-shot stories in an otherwise twin-less series, Twilight Zone had "Number 12 Looks Just Like You" and Star Trek had "I, Mudd". Technically, all of the twins in the latter were playing androids, but it was an entertaining episode that didn't take itself too seriously (it didn't hurt that the "Alice"s were pretty hot in their outfits).

I don't know about Australian BB but American BB did this back in 2004 (BB5) and it was awesome (in my opinion).

I *loved* Double Trouble, though my biases as a fifteen-year old were really bothered by the fact that the twin who was smart in Season One ended up being a fashion designer.

I was disappointed that your list didn't mention this X-Files episode: http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--r7ePyi07--/18hkggrc6d6hajpg.jpg

I have no idea why I remember this, but the twins originally played the character most like themselves. They realized that wasn't working, and switched roles at some point.

I have no idea why I remember this, but the twins originally played the character most like themselves. They realized that wasn't working, and switched roles at some point.

I do remember this now that you mention it, but I think they changed before the series started, kind of like how Rue McClanahan's role in Maude was more like Rose on The Golden Girls while Betty White's role on the Mary Tyler Moore Show was more like Blanche and they were happy to switch types.

• Love 1