Type keyword(s) to search

Show Wide Mod Note

• Start Topic

Ok gang, we've tried, we really have, to keep the whole forum in check using a combo of mod notes and PMs but it appears that this isn't working. Moving forward, for the time being we're going to have to start deleting posts and handing out warnings until collectively you all can remember how to argue and disagree without attacking and belittling each other.

Rise above! We know you're all smart lovely people who are just trying to make your points known, but you need to do that without disrespecting others. We will not tolerate rudeness and none of us want to have to lock topics and send out time outs but it will happen if it needs to. Please remember to take a breath and re-read your post before hitting enter! And also:

EzgjX2m.jpg

• Love 20

I understand what you mean. I just hope it is not the first step in dumbing down these threads and losing the humor.

You have to irritate the oyster to make the pearl.

But you the boss, boss.

It has nothing to do with losing humor and everything to do with respecting differing opinions.

To put it bluntly, I don't care if y'all poke fun at everyone on the show - they've put themselves out there. But when people start getting butt hurt about the poking fun, and it turns into a pissing contest of who is more right? That's when I take issue. I don't know if you noticed this about me, but I'm pretty darn snarky myself. I appreciate the snark. I don't appreciate the petty battles that have popped up repeatedly since the beginning of the season.

• Love 13

That is understandable and well reasoned. I don't know how to put this. But I am sure you realize that people here are operating on different levels of understanding, discernment and talent when they make comments. There are always misunderstandings and misstatement and all around craziness due to the people not actually comprehending what they are reading. That's what happens when you are open to the public. So youse guys have a very tough time. It is like herding cats. I don't envy you.

Oh and one more thing. She started it Mommy. Don't yell at me.

And my offer of a sausage and pepper hero and a Manhattan Special to any Moderators who make it to Brooklyn still stands. Just sayn'

• Love 7

That is understandable and well reasoned. I don't know how to put this. But I am sure you realize that people here are operating on different levels of understanding, discernment and talent when they make comments. There are always misunderstandings and misstatement and all around craziness due to the people not actually comprehending what they are reading. That's what happens when you are open to the public. So youse guys have a very tough time. It is like herding cats. I don't envy you.

Oh and one more thing. She started it Mommy. Don't yell at me.

And my offer of a sausage and pepper hero and a Manhattan Special to any Moderators who make it to Brooklyn still stands. Just sayn'

Hahaha! Deal.

And we understand that. But (and this is the last time I'll speak on this publicly - I'm not against a PM explaining this all, haha), the point is, both Lis and I have tried to quell the bickering, incessantly. When our mod notes are blatantly ignored, repeatedly...

That's what's led to this.

• Love 4

Ok this is bugging me:

What does the thread title "Show Mod Wide" note mean?

It's actually Show Wide Mod Note (which I suppose is easier to read as Show-Wide Mod Note) - We mean, the mod note applies to every thread.

• Love 3

What? Where? When? Who?  Damn I really have to start reading ALL message posts not only the two above where I post mine. I'm missing out on the games.

My mama taught me never to pick on other girls.

YGIU.gif

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 1

It's actually Show Wide Mod Note (which I suppose is easier to read as Show-Wide Mod Note) - We mean, the mod note applies to every thread.

PULEEZE Don't make the Show Wide mods sad people!

snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs.jpg

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 1

Thank you both for volunteering to watch over us. I'm glad we have a virtual playground to shout, vent, snipe, ponder and get answers. It beats standing in front of the TV arguing at it and the only ones that hear you are your bewildered loved ones or your unconditionally loving pets. It seems not as crazy.

Keep up the good work!

XOXO

• Love 10
(edited)

Thank you both for volunteering to watch over us. I'm glad we have a virtual playground to shout, vent, snipe, ponder and get answers. It beats standing in front of the TV arguing at it and the only ones that hear you are your bewildered loved ones or your unconditionally loving pets. It seems not as crazy.

Keep up the good work!

XOXO

You didn't mention taking that deep, deep breath to start yelling and then remembering you are in a waiting room with a bunch of other peeps?

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 1

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @LISIN, @ONCESANE, @MYA STONE, @AETHERA.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.

• Love 4