Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Like We're Any Other Couple

• Start Topic

(edited)

Farewell, Pink Sneakers. You were fun.

Shawn seemed to wise up a little tonight - well, at least he seems wise to Tasha's games. But Kanan is right: Shawn is a terrible liar.

James and Angie continue to put me to sleep.

Oh man, the STUPID was rampant in this episode.

True. And no one was dumber than Tommy telling all kinds of shit to Kanan. He's going to feel dumb when Kanan's true motives are revealed.

Edited by Gillian Rosh

How has Tommy survived so long blabbing all of his and Jamie's business to every single person he meets??  First the crackhead girlfriend, now crazy ass Kaanan. 

And Angela thinks it's a good idea to spill her classified work stuff because she's getting some good dick?  On top of the fact, she keeps planning this "life" with Jamie and keeps pretending that his wife doesn't exists.  In all their talks, they discuss the kids, but not a divorce or how Jamie plans to handle things with Tasha.  Again, if she thinks Tasha is going to give up that easy, she really is an idiot.

That was some nice product placement from one of our local independent schools; but they were reaching calling themselves the best.

• Love 2

The episode would of been more realistic if Pink Sneakers had put up a fight. She knew people were looking for her. I think a killer like her would of had a weapon on her and would of been ready. I wonder what the fallout is going to be when Ghost finds out that Tommy and Kaanan killed that guy.

• Love 2
(edited)
In all their talks, they discuss the kids, but not a divorce or how Jamie plans to handle things with Tasha.  Again, if she thinks Tasha is going to give up that easy, she really is an idiot.

Angela did mention Tasha in last night's episode. Jamie's response was "I'll make Tasha a rich woman" [i.e., via the divorce settlement] I think Jamie's got blinders on too when it comes to Tasha. If Tasha finds out Jamie's about to leave her, I wouldn't be surprised if she works with the Feds to take him down.

I continue to wish for someone - anyone - to clear poor dead Rolla's name. Am I tilting at windmills? 

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 3

The episode would of been more realistic if Pink Sneakers had put up a fight. She knew people were looking for her. I think a killer like her would of had a weapon on her and would of been ready. I wonder what the fallout is going to be when Ghost finds out that Tommy and Kaanan killed that guy.

THIS!!

Why wasn't she strapped and more careful?

Plus she goes back home, also putting her father at risk?

:FACEPALM:

• Love 1

Angela did mention Tasha in last night's episode. Jamie's response was "I'll make Tasha a rich woman" [i.e., via the divorce settlement]

Thanks!  I definitely missed this...must have been too busy rolling my eyes. 

• Love 1

Angela has also asked what Tasha is like; she's not blind to the fact that she's the other woman. James hasn't told her that Tasha knows about her though. They're both naive as hell if they think Tasha's just going to be like "Well, okay" and go away quietly. There's also a rift growing between Angela and James and their interactions are more interesting because of it.

I did laugh when their son asked Tasha to ask James for a Heat jersey and she replied that she would do no such thing because they're a Knicks family. My dad is from Philly, mom is from Brooklyn, and basketball rivalry was a thing in my house growing up.

Tommy is dumb and crazy, which is a dangerous combination. Tasha's games with Shawn are predictable and boring.

• Love 1

One thing I have to say about this show, it is beautifully filmed. Just wonderful production values. Oh and I loved Angela's red, white, and blue Louboutins.

If Tasha finds out Jamie's about to leave her, I wouldn't be surprised if she works with the Feds to take him down.

Absolutely, as long as they let her keep the money she's siphoned off of Ghost's money-laundering enterprises. Somehow I don't see her going back to a low-rent lifestyle unless that's the only way she can stay out of prison. Also, I wonder if she's going to turn up pregnant? That would throw a monkey wrench in Ghost and Angie's romantic plans.

Tommy needs a refresher course in Biggie's Crack Commandments

1.Never let no one know

How much,dough you hold.

2.Never let em know your next move.

3.Never trust nobody.

Shut Ya damn mouth! He talk to any and everybody. Ugh! I hate a chatty ass man.

I really do not care about James and Angela. They have zero chemistry to me and showing sex scene after sex scene doesn't magically produce any in screen chemistry either. I want Tasha to be pregnant. Then let's see the reaction when Angel realizes Fhost is still banging his wife.

Tommy needs a refresher course in Biggie's Crack Commandments

1.Never let no one know

How much,dough you hold.

2.Never let em know your next move.

3.Never trust nobody.

Shut Ya damn mouth! He talk to any and everybody. Ugh! I hate a chatty ass man.

I really do not care about James and Angela. They have zero chemistry to me and showing sex scene after sex scene doesn't magically produce any in screen chemistry either. I want Tasha to be pregnant. Then let's see the reaction when Angel realizes Fhost is still banging his wife.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think I missed something - did they show something about Tasha that gave this indication?

No but there was a sex scene last week between her and Ghost.  A baby will be just the wrench needed to bust Angela and Ghost's bubble.

ETA:  Wrench to bust a bubble?  I dunno.  But you know what I mean.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

The episode would of been more realistic if Pink Sneakers had put up a fight. She knew people were looking for her. I think a killer like her would of had a weapon on her and would of been ready.

Exactly.  This is supposed to be a trained killer?  She terrorized all these heavy hitting drug dealers in New York for months and then goes out like a chump?  

I did laugh when their son asked Tasha to ask James for a Heat jersey and she replied that she would do no such thing because they're a Knicks family. My dad is from Philly, mom is from Brooklyn, and basketball rivalry was a thing in my house growing up.

Man as a fellow Knicks fan,  I loved that scene.  It aint no waffling when you're a New Yorker.

I thought Sean was hip to Tasha's game and was going to actually heed his father's advice by staying away from her.  I actually laughed at the stuck look Tasha had when Sean said he looked at her like a "big sister".  

It scares me sometimes when I see people in positions of power or importance exhibit such piss poor, idiotic behavior.  Its like Angela WANTS to get fired.  She's using her work access for personal use, using another employees work access (which is a HUGE no-no...whether they gave permission or not but especially if they didn't).  And God knows what else she's going to do before the series is over.  Hell I wouldn't be surprised if after finding out who Jamie really is, she turns into Matt Damon's character in "The Departed" and just goes full out Team Jamie and uses her position to support his criminal enterprise.

I have no problem with all the sex scenes between Jamie and Angela, mostly because I'm a bit of a perv, but also because it shows that they are clearly still in the honeymoon phase.  They no doubt do have "history", but for the most part their current dynamic is based on some high school romance stuff, sex, and lies.  And I just love how indignant Ghost got about Angela's ex/colleague when he's fucking married!  The nerve!  Angela is being dickmatized before our very eyes. 

I kind of liked Lala's character being fleshed out a little more.  She doesn't need to be a full time character, but I like seeing her on as more than just Tasha's friend/truth teller.

• Love 3

I'm loving this show right now. The Miami scenes were beautifully shot. And I loved the shot of them walking through the airport in cold ass New York, Angie back in her sensible flats and Ghost with his patented pained look on his face. They both know it will never be the same, and I can get on board with that. Much more interesting than the true love the show tried to sell us.

I laughed at Tasha. I like her but she's pathetic. I did like what Kanan said to Sean...a fine woman who knows she's fine is trouble...and that bitch is bad. And she KNOWS she's bad, so watch your back. Too bad Sean doesn't have any sense. They'll be smashing by next week if Kanan doesn't try to get there first.

• Love 2