Type keyword(s) to search

We Know Them from The Office

I couldn't find a "The Cast in Other Roles" type of title in other forums...if there's a convention I'm missing, hopefully a mod will rename this.

Andy Buckley, whom* we all know as David Wallace, has a role in Jurassic World. It's not a huge role, but it was nice to see him and he did well in it.

* If "whom" isn't right, we can have a conference-room-style discussion about it...

I checked Veronica Mars forum and Doctor Who and it was just "Cast in other Roles:" plus whatever you'd like at the end if you have something catchy. We can leave it like this though.

(edited)
* If "whom" isn't right, we can have a conference-room-style discussion about it...

"Whom" is a made up word used to trick people.

On topic: You know that Aloha movie that zipped in and out of theaters in a week? The object of Treeclimber obsession is in it. How many loser movies has JK been in now?

Edited by King of Birds
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

On topic: You know that Aloha movie that zipped in and out of theaters in a week? The object of Treeclimber obsession is in it. How many loser movies has JK been in now?

A lot. 

Why doesn't he make better movies? 

I do like his e-surance commercials. I pretend that Jim Halpert now sells insurance instead of paper. A new head-canon, if you will. 

How many loser movies has JK been in now?

Well, you can't blame JK for trying. Cameron Crowe script starring recent Oscar bait Bradley Cooper, who would say no? (maybe he thought he would be the Cuba Gooding Jr. of the picture, when, in fact, he might be on the Cuba Gooding Jr career trajectory)

Maybe it's just a thing with long running tv shows. The characters get type cast into their roles and find it difficult to move on.

It seems like the case for Buffy/Angel as well with David Boreanaz and Alyson Hannigan being the only ones that really had successful new shows after it.

I hadn't seen Absolute Power from 1997 starring Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Laura Linney, Ed Harris and Dennis Haysbert in years. In it Clint plays a burglar who breaks into a house and secretly witnesses the President of the United States(Hackman) having a dalliance with his mistress which turns ugly when he gets too violent. She fights back with a knife and his secret service men rush in and shoot her dead. Today I found out Melora Hardin(Jan Levinson-Gould) was the mistress!

c1ddebb3145237093552346f36dafacf.jpg

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 1

Lots of Office alumni news:

Obvs, Treeclimber favorite JKraz's movie 13 Hours/ Benghazi movie comes out next week.

Jenna Fischer will be "recurring" on The Mysteries of Laura

Rashida Jones' new show Angie Tribeca looks pretty funny in the promos, and is executive produced by some guy Steve Carell, and his wife Nancy. PLUS, Rashida dropped a video for a song today!

Greg Daniels partners with Conan O'Brien for a new show People of Earth. Which co-stars Oscar Nunez.

Rainn Wilson has a one man play Thom Pain starting this weekend in Los Angeles. Plus he has a book that came out last month.

You can find Angela Kinsey in all sorts of things, plus she might have a TV show on TBS too

And, lastly, Andy Buckley, supreme leader of Dunder Mifflin, now has a role on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!

• Love 1

JKras did fine and boy was he ripped. (Holy Halperts, Pam must be gettin' some good lovin')

Or ......

A man who drastically alters his clothing style, appearance or body shape for no apparent reason may be having an affair. Perhaps the other woman has suggested he grow a beard, wear his hair differently or use cologne.

• Love 1

Ellie Kemper is one of the voices on John Oliver's book A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo (along with Jim Parsons, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jeff Garlin, John Lithgow, Jack McBrayer, and RuPaul).

You can download the audio book at audible for $1.99 or the kindle version at amazon for $11.99.

The hardcover book is now sold out on both amazon and Chronicle Books but both sites say it's only temporarily out of stock (amazon says it will be back in stock in 1-3 weeks). You can download the ebook if you donate $11.99 to The Trevor Project or AIDS United.

All proceeds go to The Trevor Project and AIDS United.

A+ for the two website names that John Oliver bought for this project:

https://betterbundobook.com/
http://www.focusonthefurmily.com

Update:  Rainn Wilson did a superb job in a dual role in The Doppelganger.  I hadn't realized that he focused on theater for the first 10 years or so of his professional acting career.  This play had very fast-paced dialog and action, and even though it is technically still in previews, the cast has honed their performances pretty well.  Very entertaining and Rainn was impressive. (And our seats are in the 2nd row, right, so we were literally in spitting distance!)

• Love 1

The recent movie Beautiful Boy starring Timothy Chalamet as a young man struggling with meth addiction and also stars Michael and Holly(Steve Carell and Amy Ryan) as his parents and also Robert California's wife Susan(Maura Tierney):