Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Carey said:

Favorites or no: if someone said that Philly/Brooklyn Game 3 was the worst officiating game of the year, I'd have to respect it.

Meanwhile, no Embiid anyway for Game 4

Yeah, the basketball gods decided Embiid needed a suspension even though the NBA didn't. 😸

Poor Clippers can’t catch a break. They had an actual chance of beating the Suns with Leonard then he gets injured and they are pretty much done. They are a cursed franchise.

I'm confused how Milwaukee/Miami and Memphis/Lakers are playing their Game 3s tonight when everybody else has completed their Game 4s. Philadelphia is already in the second round.

Speaking of Milwaukee, they might be in trouble - they're down 2-1 in the series, and Giannis hasn't played in the last two-and-a-half games. 

3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I'm confused how Milwaukee/Miami and Memphis/Lakers are playing their Game 3s tonight when everybody else has completed their Game 4s. Philadelphia is already in the second round.

Speaking of Milwaukee, they might be in trouble - they're down 2-1 in the series, and Giannis hasn't played in the last two-and-a-half games. 

Warriors/Kings game 4 is tomorrow. Same with Cavs/Knicks. 

6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

The series is tied.  However, they're about to be down 2-1 & still might be in trouble.  OTOH Oladipo might not be in the best or in any shape to contribute going forward.  it might be one of those brutal series.  BTW, this is sorta decent news for BOSTON with all the injuries and tough breaks around the sport

Yeah, it’s unfair to the game 4 teams who haven’t had much rest. I never got that.

Only the Lakers can have a 20 point lead and still make fans nervous since they can give that lead up in a few minutes.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, twoods said:

Only the Lakers can have a 20 point lead and still make fans nervous since they can give that lead up in a few minutes.

Clippers fans would like to tell you all about how petrifying it is to watch their team in the playoffs regardless of the lead. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

After last night, I don't ever want to hear anymore from Dillon Brooks. Ja Morant tried his best, but the rest of the Grizzlies didn't bother to show up & the game was pretty much over by halftime. Basically, the game sucked & Dillon Brooks sucked. All that hype from this fool for nothing. I hope that LeBron will humiliate him again in Game 4.

As for the Cavaliers, I was not happy with that Game 3 suckage against the scummy Knicks & hopefully, there won't be a similar performance from them today. I expect a much better performance & a win from the Cavaliers today. 

As for those Warriors, I know that ESPN/ABC was very happy that they won Game 3 & most certainly, they're cheering for them in Game 4. I just to hope that the Kings put up a better effort & put those Warriors in their place today. I know that Draymond wasn't breaking a sweat watching Game 3 at his house. 

• Like 1

😒

Well, I thought Game 3 flat out sucked. Game 4 sucked even more. Another crappy performance by the Cavaliers & they lose to the Knicks again 102-93. They're going down in flames right now & I'm really not very happy about it. I can't find anything positive about this series (especially the 2 games) & going down to the Knicks is stomach ulcer inducing. 

BTW, I would rather get eaten by fire ants before I will ever root for the Knicks.

I have to hope that the Kings can put a smile on face today.

Nuggets/Twolves Game 4 is tonight

If it wasn't for the fact that this game is airing on TNT tonight, that game would of been worth a 2 hour nap for me.

Edited by Magog
  • Hugs 1

You have nothing to worry about, but there is no timetable to the point where the worrying ends, I believe.  That will depend on whether Milwaukee is in decent mode or garbage mode.  Boston can be in garbage mode; they're not losing to New York no matter how hard they try to lose to New York

I am hoping the opposite lol and hope they can get it together on the road and win.

Minnesota has no chance against Denver.

Dillon Brooks is such a dbag I’m over his stupid comments. There’s confidence and then there’s being an arrogant jerk I hope LA boots Memphis out soon.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 6
4 hours ago, Marley said:

Minnesota has no chance against Denver.

They won in Denver and held off elimination until Tuesday at least, but - winning by six [barely] in overtime when you were up twelve with two minutes left in regulation is quite the meltdown, Minnesota.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Carey said:

Survival at its finest for Golden State!

Steph did his best to throw the game away with his phantom timeout and a rushed shot with plenty of time left on the shot clock too.  He should be grateful that his old buddy Harrison Barnes couldn't make a shot at the end.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, baldryanr said:

Steph did his best to throw the game away with his phantom timeout and a rushed shot with plenty of time left on the shot clock too.  He should be grateful that his old buddy Harrison Barnes couldn't make a shot at the end

He should be grateful that Harrison Barnes missed that shot at the end. It would of turned my utter frown into a big smile. Damn we were so close! 😔

19 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Let's hope the Warriors continue to suck on the road and Sacramento is able to pull it out in 6 or 7. 

I wish that it was 3-1 Kings & not 2-2. Why do I have a bad feeling that despite those Warriors sucking on the road this season, that those scumbags are going to find a way to win a game in Sacramento? Somehow someway, those scummy Warriors always find a way to escape in those situations. 😒

As for Dillon Brooks, I wonder how he's going to humiliate himself tonight & probably help the Grizzlies lose again tonight? I really hope that after this season, the Grizzlies will find a way to get rid of this clown.

Edited by Magog

Probably not the year for a team that blew a double digit lead to another team down South that limped into the Round of 16 after being too afraid to play a legendary franchise in Boston

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

Jimmy Butler went supernova in the fourth, and Milwaukee is now in a lot of trouble. How many one-seeds have lost to eight-seeds?

He got 56 points & willed the Miami Heat to that win tonight. 

As for 8 beating a 1 seed. 

Nuggets beat the Supersonics in 1994.

Knicks beating the Heat in 1999.

Warriors (back when they were likable) beating the Mavericks in 2007. 

• Thanks 1

The Bucks aren’t fully healthy so I wouldn’t count this as an upset, but then remembered that Heat have had some injuries as well. Jimmy Butler was absolutely ridiculous tonight. They should definitely have been higher than an 8th seed.

Edited by twoods
6 minutes ago, twoods said:

The Bucks aren’t fully healthy so I wouldn’t count this as an upset, but then remembered that Heat have had some injuries as well. Jimmy Butler was absolutely ridiculous tonight. They should definitely have been higher than an 8th seed.

Well, they definitely would have been had they taken care of business at home against Atlanta.  Great showing at home, but I guess I'm more of a fan of teams playing to beat everyone possible, which helps toward a title, nothing less than that

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Dammit Memphis. 

I really don't know who I hate/want to lose in the first round more - the Lakers or the Warriors.

Why not both? I'm only tolerating the Lakers because of LeBron & as usual got the job done tonight in the Lakers OT victory. Other than LeBron & maybe Austin Reaves (he's been a big help to them), I'm not here for the Lakers, their mystique (😒), their mostly very irritating fans, & especially ESPN always finding ways to root for them. 

BTW, they might meet in the 2nd round & except for LeBron, I'm "really" looking forward to that series. 😒

As for the Grizzlies, did Dillon Brooks do anything tonight? He could of done something to help them turn the game in their favor in the 4th Quarter and/or Overtime. But as usual, he did nothing. it also didn't help that they didn't make a lot of shots in Overtime. Oh well, their season will be over when they lose Game 5 & hopefully he will be gone from the Grizzlies. He really sucks.

Edited by Magog
3 minutes ago, Magog said:

BTW, they might meet in the 2nd round & except for LeBron, I'm "really" looking forward to that series. 😒

Good lord, talk about a Sophie's Choice of lesser evils :/ I suppose I'd have to very begrudgingly hold my nose and root for the Warriors. I can't stand how everything always seems to magically work out for the Lakers... (Of course, we can make the very same argument for the Warriors, can't we?)

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Good lord, talk about a Sophie's Choice of lesser evils :/ I suppose I'd have to very begrudgingly hold my nose and root for the Warriors. I can't stand how everything always seems to magically work out for the Lakers... (Of course, we can make the very same argument for the Warriors, can't we?)

Except for LeBron, rooting for either one of them in that series will make me want to vomit. Either way, I lose. 

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Magog said:

Except for LeBron, rooting for either one of them in that series will make me want to vomit. Either way, I lose. 

Which one of those teams would Denver/Phoenix have an easier time with?

To be honest, if someone told me that people, including the Memphis community, would opt to douse themselves in hydrochloric acid in lieu of "supporting" Dillon Brooks, I'd believe them

• Like 1

On one hand, Boston playing on benefits Philadelphia, but on the other hand, maybe not.  Man, this is worse than Milwaukee giving up against Miami despite leading most of the entire game & never trailing until they did.  Boston was at home, and Atlanta was without Murray.  Hats off to Young!

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1

Clippers really fucked it up even more in the last 2 mins. 2 horrible turnovers. Glad the Suns won. I think it’s time for the Clippers to move on from George and Leonard tho. They never seem to play and they aren’t getting anything big done with them.

• Like 1

I find it annoying that there are four games on tonight and only one tomorrow.

Apparently, Atlanta's arena had no faith in their team to make it a real series because they already booked the Game 6 date for a Janet Jackson concert, LOL. 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

I find it annoying that there are four games on tonight and only one tomorrow.

Most likely reason for this would be that tomorrow is night one of the NFL Draft.

The draft will do 10-12 million viewers tomorrow, and based on some prior years results, will cause a 20% drop in viewers for the NBA games.  Thus, only one game Thursday.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 3

Hubby swore he saw him throw a chair but I didn’t believe it. What an idiot. 

Lakers look worn out and beat up. Should be fun for haters the next two games to see them tank.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, twoods said:

Lakers look worn out and beat up. Should be fun for haters the next two games to see them tank.

Huh.  I though LA was up 3 games to 1 heading into Game 5.  Of did Memphis steal homecourt back from them to regain home court advantage

I think they can be okay in Game Six.  Memphis was up against it to where L.A. felt better off punting to the next game.  They will have to win there or else.  Not saying it's an auto Game 7 loss, but the longer the season the more they'll be doomed against Golden State or Sacramento.

And to be fair, despite 3-1, they really were fortunate to survive on Monday