Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: House of Horrors

A patient wants to fix a nose job she received at a "house of horrors" facility; a mother asks the doctors to remove a scar that reminds her of her unborn twin; and a woman who calls herself the "human Barbie" shows up seeking eternal youth.

ok - in the shallow end of the pool here, the woman who thought she lost a "twin"  was overweight.  How did she not realize that some of her tummy was fat??  The procedure removed the extra roll, but she was still pretty thick. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I only saw the last 15mins or so and I wondered the same thing. I thought they said she had an ovarian tumor, right? Well, that and some obvious extra body fat. How does that equal a lost twin?  *blink blink*

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 1

Let me wade right out and join you. I was speaking quite emphatically to my TV, explaining to this girl that no one could see the results of the surgery; what was making her different from her sisters was that they weren't overweight.

Plus, she didn't seem to know the difference between identical and fraternal twins. That and the tumor being on her ovary made me wonder just how genuine her emptiness actually was. I'm happy Dubrow burst her twiny bubble. Maybe with that information and her newly lipo'd body she'll be able to appreciate the people around her.

• Love 3

Yeah she was overweight, but the scar tissue from her teratoma surgery contributed to her strange lumpiness. I get that she had the surgery as a child, but you would think she would Google her own condition.

The British woman who wanted the hand surgery is a loon and her hands looked puffy, not youthful.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'd be a nervous wreck if I was a 4 year old with a stomach ache who had to have surgery to remove my own twin from inside my body that was only teeth and hair.  Any twinge or pain, I'd think it would be another body part of the twin.  Who the hell would tell a small child such a wild story?   Now, once she got old enough, she had to have been told that it was not her own twin inside her body.   Wonder what she was told and what she made up on her own.  A very strange patient. Going on about middle child syndrome, how she felt alone, how she wished her 'twin' lived so she'd have had a built in friend.  UM HELLO - you have 2 sisters!  Then, she didn't want to let go of the twin, but please remove the scar so there was no reminder of it.  WTF.  Get some counseling.  I agree her stomach looked better after.  But she's still pudgy.  So.... there's that.  Maybe it's her twin's fat.  #smh

Mud wrestler woman's story also shifted around a bit but overall, she was OK.  Got great results with the nose.  Didn't think it was so wise to go to a shooting range to shoot her old implants.  What if the gun recoiled?  There goes the new nose.

Terry needs to stop with all the barbs at Paul.  Just not funny.

Edited by Lola16
  • Love 1

Why is Dr Dubrow so nasty to Dr Nassir? There must be something deeper to it, like jealousy.

As soon as the "lost twin" girl described her teratoma, I was screaming "THat's not a deadfetus!" at my TV. Luckily, the doctors pointd that out to her. Like the other have already said, her problem is that she's fat. I have no idea where all that other crap came from.

Now, once she got old enough, she had to have been told that it was not her own twin inside her body.   Wonder what she was told and what she made up on her own.  A very strange patient.

I think someone said the terastoma was like she had a twin and she latched onto the "dead twin fetus" thing for the rest of her life. I am pretty sure I saw some eye-rolling from her sisters at one point.

I did not like the Brit lady at all. Yeah, right, you were tricked into appearing you were giving your little girl botox.

The chick with the childhood tumor... ::sigh:: Read much? I GUESS I can sort of understand her thinking it was her "twin" if creepy uncle Dave told her that when she was four, but at some point, doesn't she open a reference book?? It is not uncommon for people to have tumors containing hair and teeth. They might be on a shoulder or back or internal. It's just misplaced tissue. Gross, but it happens.

• Love 1
I did not like the Brit lady at all. Yeah, right, you were tricked into appearing you were giving your little girl botox.

I know you had to have reconstructive surgery but don't pass on your obsession of plastic surgery on to your daughter.  Teens have a hard enough time with body image as it is.  Jeez, just because you get a coupon for something doesn't mean you have to use it! 

• Love 1