Type keyword(s) to search

Henry Jr. : He Wants Chocolate Milk in His Cereal

• Start Topic

Yes.  

If they don't want time to pass for the general story, it would solve a lot by having Henry "lost" for a while, and come back aged up for some reason.  It could be a curse that froze every one else for a while, for example, or they could be separated into different realms, and time passes differently.

If they'd been willing to leave Henry back in Storybrooke, they could have returned from the Underworld and found that  a few years passed there, and Henry was now 16.  Oops.  They could have done the same thing with last year's season finale--they others were stuck in the book, where no real time passed, but it took Henry a little while to remember everything and track down Isaac.  In the meantime, a few years passed where Henry was in foster care, and now he's sixteen.

He could even get sucked into a cursed object, where you age, instead of not aging like Ingrid did.

• Love 1

They have had ample opportunity to explain away Henry's rapid aging.  Especially since their world-building is "make it up as you go along", they could do it anytime, anywhere.  They could have done it in 2A (every time you enter the burning room, you age faster), 2B (Cora could have messed with his age, and that's how Regina finally realizes it's not mommy dearest), 3A (coming back from Neverland, being apart from  his heart, or merging with Pan could have messed something up), 3B (how about Emma and Henry spent 1.5 years in NYC?), etc.  They could even say the boatride to the Underworld saps away youth and Henry is now older.  Of course they would need to deal with the ramifications if that had occurred.  Hmm... maybe that would have been more interesting than Cruella making Henry out to be a fool?

Yet they always choose not to, which suggests that the writers do not believe this issue is of any importance.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

To add to your list, Camera One... The six-week time jump between 4A and 4B could have been a year.

Edit: Now that I think about it, that would have been the perfect time to do it because I'm 99% sure the writers will never flashback to those six weeks ever again, so it's all wasted Offscreenville moments anyways.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

If they absolutely must keep Henry this age, in order to preserve their vision,  (Which, yes, vision probably deserves air quotes.), they could easily recast.

• Henry takes the Mysthaven version of Polyjuice, which becomes permanent if not removed by a certain time.  Henry misses the time because of convenient plot-driven reasons.  Poof!  Brand new 11ish actor plays part.
  • Henry is cursed for some reason, and it changes his appearance.  The curse was meant to separate you from people important to you.  Henry's family was able to tell, but this is one of the many, many loopholes that exist, and a TLK won't cure it.  Poof!  Brand new 11ish actor plays part.
  • Henry is caught in spell backlash.  It changes his appearance, and the cure would be particularly painful or dangerous.  Poof!  Brand new 11ish actor plays part.
  • or  . .
  • or . .
  • or . .
  • Love 1

I know there's a lot of hate for Henry but I would not want a recast.  The problem with Henry is more than Henry.  I do think it's almost funny how they keep having Jared wear the same type of clothing including that scarf.  It's like we wouldn't know it's Henry without the wardrobe.  

Maybe they can give Henry the Belle solution and just make him sleep all the time. It's more difficult to tell someone's age when they're lying on a bed covered in blankets.

• Love 1

Maybe they can give Henry the Belle solution and just make him sleep all the time. 

That would also give him far less screen time.

Huh.  

Suddenly, I'm very supportive of this plan.  

• Love 1
The six-week time jump between 4A and 4B could have been a year.

The one problem with that is that they made a big deal out of the fact that Emma hadn't told Hook she loved him at the end of that season. It's fairly reasonable for someone with intimacy issues not to have said it in a few months of dating and for her partner to understand what's going on with her in not saying it, but still to feel bad for not saying it if he died. If they'd been dating more than a year and she hasn't said it, then her issues look even worse and he looks like a doormat for hanging in there that long without any kind of expression of feelings.

And there's the Snowflake issue -- make a year between seasons and he's a walking, talking toddler, so it's a lot harder to just haul around a bundle in a blanket.

The missing year could have been a lot longer. It's before the baby's born, so they don't have to worry about aging him. If Neal waits more than five minutes before raising the Dark One, he looks less stupid and has more reason to be desperate. And Emma and Henry are even more settled in their New York life before it gets disrupted. But a big jump anywhere doesn't fix the problem caused by them covering maybe a week or two in half a season (at least 5A covered about eight weeks), so that this kid is shooting up a few inches every five days.

It does seem like they're kind of surreptitiously aging Henry. In 3B, Regina mentioned him being 12, which fit with the timeline -- he was ten in season one, and they said he was 11 in 2B (though didn't someone calculate that this would have been a stretch, given when Emma and Neal were together?), and then there was the missing year. But now they're calling him 13 even though only a few months have passed since Regina said he was 12. I'm just waiting for them to say he's 14 in the current arc.

Henry reading as "younger" worked up through 3B, since he grew up in an isolated small town in a time bubble. He would have been naive and innocent. But now he's spent a year living in New York, and even if his fake memories leading up to that are gone (depending on how you read that one deleted scene with Rumple), he really did experience the year in New York as the kid of a single mom who worked as a bail bondsperson, so you'd think he'd have lost a bit of that wide-eyed innocence. He knows the world isn't like the fairy tales in books, and he knows by now that fairy tales aren't like they were in books. So they've got a 15-16 year old playing a 13-year-old who acts like a 10-year-old.

I actually like Henry in most of his scenes with Emma and with Hook. He seems more age-appropriate there, possibly because he had a "normal" life with Emma, and with Hook he's the guide to our world, so he at least gets to come across as knowledgeable. It's with his grandparents and with Regina in the mix that he goes into wide-eyed 10-year-old who doesn't understand moral nuances mode, and he comes across as judgey.

• Love 1

If they'd been dating more than a year and she hasn't said it, then her issues look even worse and he looks like a doormat for hanging in there that long without any kind of expression of feelings.

Today I learned I'm worse than Emma Swan when it comes to saying the big three words. :-P (But in my defense, it takes two to tango, and it took him over a year to say it, too.) 

And there's the Snowflake issue -- make a year between seasons and he's a walking, talking toddler, so it's a lot harder to just haul around a bundle in a blanket.

Crap, I always forget about that kid. (And so do the writers most of the time.) I guess the Missing Year is probably the best candidate then.

• Love 1

I thought at the time that they should have skipped more than a year in Season 3. Henry would have been older than Jared and it would have worked much, much better. Plus, you have the added bonus of Snowing not just jumping right into having a do over baby and actually maybe mourning the child that they lost.

Henry's biggest problem is that he was always written as too young for his actual age and they haven't really made him mature that much even as they've aged him up on the show. He was by far the most age appropriate when he was missing his memories in 3B. That was a normal, realistic kid and getting his memories back should not have reverted him back into a wide eyed naive idiot again. His attitude towards Rumpel and how he's just super trustworthy and totally changed now made me sick. Magically hoover his dark heart and that shows that he's a great guy? Just weeks before he'd actively tried to murder Emma, Hook and Henry. Has Henry been hanging out with Belle so much that he absorbed her belief that Rumpel's heart is so good? A normal 13 year old would not react this way to the guy. Could he please gain just a little awareness? Like maybe he could recognize that the jackass he'd praised as so good stood there and allowed Hook to die (and would have been just as fine with it if it had been Emma) so that he could regain power?

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1

Henry has a hero-complex. Gold pulling Excalibur out of the stone would be enough proof to convince him that he was a "hero" now. And in Henry's defense, pretty much everyone else (except for Hook) believed it too. Never mind that it only took another 5 minutes for Gold to revert back to his power-hungry ways. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

The problem is the Writers have not provided a situation which was convincing enough for the audience to believe it too.  So instead of agreeing with Henry, we're thinking, "What the hell is wrong with you, kid?"  And of course in the end, the Writers confirm our doubts because Rumple hadn't changed and was worse than ever.  And it makes us think the characters (eg. Henry) are even stupider than we previously thought.

Same thing with the Author plot. We were supposed to agree with Henry that Operation Mongoose was a great idea. Then the writers try to "teach us a valuable lesson" about how you're in charge of your own happiness. Funny we never saw Henry react to that... (Nor anyone else but Regina, for that matter.)

Same thing with the Author plot. We were supposed to agree with Henry that Operation Mongoose was a great idea.

"This is the best idea you've ever had! We have to change the book because it's wrong about you."

I've learned that whenever Henry says something, I immediately assume the opposite to be true.

• Love 3

Henry never listens to his moms. He always defies them and ends up doing something stupid to endanger everyone. Emma talks to him like he's still 10 sometimes. Plus Henry never goes to school. He is content with reading and writing stories, and he probably won't even bother to learn anything now becasue the author pen magically writes stuff when he points it at a blank page. So why bother learning composition or biology or geography? 

I think both Emma and Regina are not very good parents. Emma is not abusive like Regina was, but not disciplining your child when they step out of line is bad parenting too. This kid already has a hero complex. Plus he is not exactly bright. That's a terrible combination to leave unchecked. It's only going to get worse now that he has a girlfriend. Why couldn't that idiot kid just have Violet as a friend?

• Love 1

This is why I love whenever Hook gets annoyed or frustrated with Henry. He's the only adult on the show who properly reacts to Henry's dumbass actions.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think both Emma and Regina are not very good parents. Emma is not abusive like Regina was, but not disciplining your child when they step out of line is bad parenting too. This kid already has a hero complex. Plus he is not exactly bright. That's a terrible combination to leave unchecked. It's only going to get worse now that he has a girlfriend. Why couldn't that idiot kid just have Violet as a friend?

Whenever Henry has a defiant attitude, Regina and Emma seem to just brush it off because "he's a teenager." They act like his life is so difficult that lashing out isn't his fault. While his actions are understandable at the times, that doesn't make them right. His parents let him do whatever he wants without consequences. They don't teach him life lessons and they don't correct him when he makes wrong conclusions. (Like about destroying magic.) Essentially what he's being taught is that it's okay to blame others for your own mistakes, that you're the hero and anyone working against you is a villain.

Someone needs to tell A&E that "out of the mouth of babes" doesn't work for angsty teenagers.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

I said in the post episode thread that Henry started season 5 by telling Hook that he steals from Regina, and in 5x22, we see him do exactly that with Rumple. Emma had to put an app on his phone because he ran away. 

In 3B, Emma lost her temper with him, and was judged harshly on it. But he didn't listen anyway, and tried to steal the bug to leave town.

If Henry lived in the real world, he'd most likely end up in juvy at some point.

Emma and Regina are not great parents, and I'm assuming they wouldn't take all that well (or Regina wouldn't take it all that well) if someone tried to actually parent Henry. 

• Love 6
(edited)

If Emma attempted to discipline Henry over the stolen cash, everyone from Henry to Regina to Snow would shame her about her own past. Emma herself probably still feels ashamed over it. So she won't discipline Henry. At this rate, Henry is going to grow up into an entitled whiny brat with a hero complex and little common sense. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I said in the post episode thread that Henry started season 5 by telling Hook that he steals from Regina, and in 5x22, we see him do exactly that with Rumple. Emma had to put an app on his phone because he ran away. 

In 3B, Emma lost her temper with him, and was judged harshly on it. But he didn't listen anyway, and tried to steal the bug to leave town.

If Henry lived in the real world, he'd most likely end up in juvy at some point.

Emma and Regina are not great parents, and I'm assuming they wouldn't take all that well (or Regina wouldn't take it all that well) if someone tried to actually parent Henry. 

Well, I've raised four boys and most of their friends practically lived at our house when they were teenagers and I don't see anything wrong with Henry. He's pretty normal and well-adjusted. He's a good kid and miles away from landing in juvy in spite of doing some typical stupid teenage stuff. A lot of kids go through a phase of swiping some money or other stuff from their parents. It usually resolves itself as they mature during the teen years.The sneaking off to Boston and New York are the only things that may not be realistic for a kid like him. But it makes an entertaining story and that's what people watch TV for.

Children are a product of their upbringing and all things considered, Regina did a good job. She and Henry are close and he obviously loves her and is very attached. Charming's good influence on Henry is also evident. Emma hasn't been much of a parent to Henry, the lifetime of false memories notwithstanding. She doesn't have a whole lot to offer as a mother.

(edited)

I could probably tolerate Henry's arrogance if he was called out on it. Considering his upbringing and roller coaster of a life, I wouldn't expect anything less than what he's done already. It's the adults giving him a free pass because "he's just being a teenager" that bothers me. He can go yell at his grandfather (deserved, but unnecessary) and storm off like a brat, then no one bats an eye. No one bothered to explain to him that magic has positive uses too. If it weren't for magic, he would never be born. He doesn't think things through, which is accurate to his character - but the others don't seem to react to that. It's the same problem as no one calling Regina out on her hypocrisy.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, KingOfHearts said:

I could probably tolerate Henry's arrogance if he was called out on it. [...] It's the same problem as no one calling Regina out on her hypocrisy.

Ah, so that's why they're my two least-favorite characters...

They really can't seem to decide what age Henry is supposed to be. On the one hand, he's running away in a snit rather than talking to anyone and making "clap if you believe in fairies" speeches. On the other hand, he's got a girlfriend he kisses on the mouth (maybe I'm old-fashioned, but that seems a bit much for 13). Half the time he's behaving like he's ten, the other half he's behaving like he's 16.

His little escapade was weirdly consequence-free. He jumped pretty quickly from "magic is bad and I must destroy it" to "everyone make a wish so we can bring magic back," but it didn't seem like his dilemma was actually resolved. He only changed his mind because his grandparents, aunt, and potential stepdad were stuck in another realm, not because he'd come around about magic. Emma and Regina were only aghast at him destroying magic when they knew about the others being stuck elsewhere. They weren't angry about the fact that he stole money from his grandfather and ran away to another state. That kid should be so very grounded. There was no talking to him about the value of magic, no reassuring him that Regina wasn't going to turn evil, no making it clear that maybe he should talk to an adult before he does something crazy. If he didn't think he could talk to Emma and Regina about what was going on, he should have talked to Snow and David or even Hook about his fears, and that should have been made clear to him after this incident.

I'm still not clear on how he got from Emma and Regina arguing about how Regina might handle her grief to "I must destroy all magic and that will solve all our problems." Emma and Regina were fighting each other even when there was no magic.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm surprised we didn't get a TLK and everyone from the Land of Untold Stories regaining their memories.

I used to like Henry, so I'm still going on goodwill from Season 1.  I can't get angry at him, since he was basically used as a filler plot device in this 2-hour finale.  It wasn't really about Henry... it was about Emma/Regina's road-trip, leading to Regina wanting to separate herself from the Evil Queen persona, and about getting Hyde/Jekyll back from Land of US (Untold Stories), resulting in a new big bad, a new subplot for Rumple, and the Jekyll serum.  Henry didn't develop.  The whole destroy-magic thing was ultimately a red herring.  

I think Henry's last good moment was actually the 4B finale, since he got to live out his dream of living in the Enchanted Forest.  But even there, after the first hour, he became a cheerleader for Regina yet again.  They are never truly interested in Henry for Henry, even in the dumb Author plot.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4

Isn't that the issue though? Using a character as a plot device ultimately ruins them. Henry never that I can remember expressed the desire of destroying magic. This is the same kid who gave his heart to Pan to save magic. 

He lost his father, he saw his mother become the Dark One, saw Hook almost die in front of him, then saw him actually die in a very violent way, and after that it was Robin's funeral. I may hate Henry, but I get where's coming from. 

And this has been my entire problem with this thing. They gave Henry the total of less than one episode to process the death of someone he didn't even know when Hook took him out in 3x16 (I think?), and he never got to express anything about Emma becoming the Dark One, or Hook becoming the Dark One, or Hook dying, even though they made sure we saw his reaction, just like they made sure we saw his reaction at Hook not coming back with them to Storybrooke, and we never got to see him express anything about his grief, and how worried or scared he might have been that Emma would remain the Dark One, but they made sure he tore into her though because reasons...

And then we get that gem in 5x23 when he tells Emma that they were happy in NYC without the magic, without the crap that goes on in Storybooke, and this is coming from someone who wanted to stay there because that's where his family is.

So what? Does that mean he is unhappy in Storybrooke? Because sure as hell sounded that way to me.

But hey, let's give him a girlfriend, that's bound to solve all his emotional issues.

Henry wanted to destroy magic in 2x17 using dynamite at the well. Regina stopped him, then Emma and Neal showed up, who began fighting with Regina. Henry berated them all like a good little golden child and that was that. His plot to destroy magic was stupid then and stupid now.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

but they made sure he tore into [Emma]though because reasons...

The little shit tears into Emma whenever he is in New York. Must be easier channelling his douche-father or something.

But hey, let's give him a girlfriend, that's bound to solve all his emotional issues.

This is seriously a big misstep, IMO. I cringed when he asked Violet to "get behind him" when Rumple showed up at the library. It seemed sexist, especially after the tantrum he threw in Camelot over her "friendzoning" him. I know being really harsh on him, but does a 13 year old, who has no other friends his own age, really need a girlfriend? 

• Love 1
(edited)

Sometimes I think Henry is the wish fulfillment of A&E's angsty teen-selves. He gets to be the most important writer in the universe, have a girlfriend, be rebellious without consequences, and successfully use songs from the 80s on his dates.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Henry wanted to destroy magic in 2x17 using dynamite at the well. Regina stopped him, then Emma and Neal showed up, who began fighting with Regina. Henry berated them all like a good little golden child and that was that. His plot to destroy magic was stupid then and stupid now.

I completely forgotten about that. Since I don't really remember the episode, and don't intent on watching it, are you saying that Neal the wannabe destroyer of magic didn't want that to happen either? Henry needs more than a timeout at this point.

55 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Sometimes I think Henry is the wish fulfillment of A&E's angsty teen-selves. He gets to be the most important writer in the universe, have a girlfriend, be rebellious without consequences, and successfully use songs from the 80s on his dates.

Probably is. They made him the Author for a reason. Just look at the dialogue from 5x05, and how Violet's father tore into him about writing because writing doesn't slay ogres. Kind of like a parent's who goes after their kid because they wanna be a writer.

Well being a writer isn't gonna put food on your table, or a roof over your head when you fail.

Are there going to be consequences for Henry because he used the pen for something that wasn't recording? Somewhere the Apprentice is burning in the firey pits of hell because of Henry's terrible choice. Is anyone going to lock him up in the book? Because I'm down with that.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3
(edited)

I completely forgotten about that. Since I don't really remember the episode, and don't intent on watching it, are you saying that Neal the wannabe destroyer of magic didn't want that to happen either? Henry needs more than a timeout at this point.

Neal heard Henry talk about destroying magic at the diner, but he only humored it casually. He insisted on bringing him to New York for his safety instead. Later Emma heard from David that Henry was trying to get dynamite, and Neal told them that he might have been trying to destroy magic. That was about it. Neal had very little opinion about it and the idea originated from Henry. So yeah - retcon. If he had some master plan going on in the background, surely he would have mentioned it.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
(edited)

I definitely think Henry are A&E self-inserts. In addition to the points detailed above, it explains why Henry gets to play a central role two season finales in a row. At least last season made sense. This season it doesn't. Jared Gilmore is the weakest actor in the main cast, so it makes little sense otherwise as to why A&E want him to carry strong episodes like this. Jared acting has definitely improved over the years, but many of his lines are still cringe-worthy in delivery. It doesn't help that the actor is now 15. But the motivations and lines the writers give him don't fit his fictional age of 13 either. It's a mess.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 3

I've had a horrifying vision that the last scene of the series will be some obvious fairytale-like ending (Emma and Hook's wedding?), and after holding that image for a second, the surroundings will disappear into greenscreen, and we'll see that it's a cast of actors wrapping the last scene of a TV series. As they walk away from the set, they'll pass a guy standing there with a clipboard that has a script on it, and they'll say something like, "Wow, that was a great episode, Henry." We'll see that the cover of the script says "Once Upon a Time, written by Henry Mills," so they'll go all meta that everything we've been watching is what Henry as the Author has written, and the TV series is this generation's Author medium.

• Love 5

I definitely think Henry are A&E self-inserts.

Yes, especially with their meta lines like the proud "I'm a writer" when asked if he was a knight, and the "Everyone thinks they can be a writer!" 

I'm not sure what they're saying when they portray writing as something you do when you fall asleep and you wake up with random pages.  Plus they've never explored why Henry liked writing, or why he chose to be the Author, how the Author-ship even works considering Henry never travels realms, or heck, SHOW HENRY WRITING maybe even once throughout the course of 5A?

• Love 2

The original finale concept must have been something entirely different before the writers decided to change the Camelot Going Away Scene in 5x11 and shifting it to 5x22-5x23, and I'm also guessing it had nothing to do with Henry/Violet or Henry questing to rid the world of magic. How the hell does Henry go from announcing, "I'm going to use the magical pen for good and write Hades's story so I can help contribute to saving Hook!" (which he never ended up doing...) to, "All magic is bad! We need to destroy it once and for all! But before I start this quest, I'm going to use my magical powers to retrieve another magical item!" What a mess.

From the Emma thread:

16 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

I think it was supposed to be all a ploy to get Henry in this heroic frame of mind about how he can save magic, but Pan said, "You both descend from the greatest of light and of dark. Believing that’s a coincidence that the sprout of the Dark One met your mother? You were created for a reason and I can help you find it."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was a ploy to get to Henry. I suspect that it was Henry's paternal lineage that mattered for Pan's purposes. It would make a twisted kind of sense that Pan would need to cannibalize his own blood line in order to extend his life and give him power. Bae wouldn't work because at that time he was trying to get away from magic and would have been too cynical to have enough belief for the Neverland magic to work. But Henry was the Truest Believer because he believed in magic without having grown up around it, before he had any evidence at all. It was pure faith. And he was a close enough relation that he was a good heart transplant candidate. Of course, Pan couldn't tell him any of this. Even acknowledging that he had a great-grandson might have hurt the level of belief he needed to sustain his Pan existence, and he was playing into Henry's hero complex and his need to feel special when his mother was the Savior and his father was the son of the Dark One.

35 minutes ago, Amerilla said:

For some reason, this just popped up on my Facebook trending news roll: Jared turns 16 today.

I always feel somewhat freaked out when I see kids growing up right before our eyes. He was 11 when the show started, and now he has an on screen girlfriend, a first kiss, and it's just...yeah.

Now A&E, can we change the writing a bit for the near adult kid?

(edited)

If Henry had used the Pen to write everyone out of the Underworld, Robin wouldn't have died. I realize he couldn't use it because changing fate = bad, but he did it later to help destroy magic. That really ticks me off. He went on a mission to destroy the thing he could have used to save his family, using that very thing to do so. 

I I hate how Henry seems to think destroying magic will prevent anything bad from ever happening again. That was Belle's mentality about Rumple. She thought if the curse was removed, he would be her idealistic hero. But no - he was the same conniving jerk without magic. Did Henry forget his mother was an abusive tyrant with little to no magic for 28 years? How would removing magic stop her from reverting?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

I think it was a huge mistake to pair Henry with a love interest at this point in the series. The kid didn't even have a single friend in town, and suddenly he wants to date? I would have much preferred seeing Henry and some local Lost Boys learning to become friends and going on mischievous adventures together. Seeing Henry hang with other kids his age would add some much needed humor to the series, add continuity from Season 3, and flesh out the town because it seems like Storybrooke is empty and lifeless right now...unless you're a regular cast member. Henry isn't my favorite character, but I could at least handle watching him in a Stranger Things or The Goonies style episode where he and a few boys and girls in town find themselves exploring mysteries and goofing off instead of this uninspired, not even good enough for Disney Channel tweenage puppy love plot. 

Edited by Curio
  • Love 4

I would've liked if they'd carried over one of the Lost Boys to be his friend in town, but I don't mind the stuff with Violet? I'm not a big Henry fan in general though. I still wish they'd had switched actors for Henry at the end of the 3A, that way we could've had Robbie Kay playing Henry the past two seasons.

• Love 1

Meh, no worse than Snow's sense of entitlement. Or Emma's sense of entitlement that as sheriff she doesn't have to obey the law. Or Rumple's that he can do whatever he wants with impunity. Apparently, Henry gets it from all his relatives.

• Love 1

I'm at 5x10. Die, Henry. Just die. No one stood up for Emma when he was putting her down and saying she couldn't be trusted. Not her parents or her BFF. Why is everything that little brat says regarded as gospel truth? Angsty teenagers should never be moral compasses. He said Rumple and Regina were trustworthy because "they changed". Well guess what? Rumple was deceiving everyone the whole time and Regina still had the Evil Queen inside ready to play. (She wanted to murder his future father-in-law, too.) 

I really hated the dogging on Emma in this episode. She made some questionable choices, but punishing her beyond the pain she was already going through was cold. Henry not being able to date his middle school crush was apparently worth more sympathy than Hook actually dying and being consumed by darkness. Everything regarding Dark Swan and her family's reactions was just stupid. Henry was the icing on the cake.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'm at 5x10. Die, Henry. Just die. No one stood up for Emma when he was putting her down and saying she couldn't be trusted. Not her parents or her BFF. Why is everything that little brat says regarded as gospel truth? Angsty teenagers should never be moral compasses. He said Rumple and Regina were trustworthy because "they changed". Well guess what? Rumple was deceiving everyone the whole time and Regina still had the Evil Queen inside ready to play.

It took you all the way to episode 5x10 to want Henry to die?

What about 5x02 when he turned to Regina and told her she can be the Savior because he believes in her? Henry is such a little bastard. He has no allegiance to Emma.

Emma is there to yell at and kick around when he's not happy with someone. She has taken so much crap from him. 

I can't with him, I can't with how everyone is just ready to snatch Emma's Savior title from her at the drop of a hat. Emma should take Hook, leave town, never look back.

• Love 3

It took you all the way to episode 5x10 to want Henry to die?

I've wanted Henry to die for a long, long time. 5x10 was just particularly infuriating to me today.

What's funny is that Memoryless!Henry in 3B was tolerable. He didn't want anything to do with anyone, and he was still entitled, but he was treated more like a teenager and less like the golden child showing us all the light.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3