Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E24: Chernoff, K.

• Start Topic

The case involving Arkady and his personal connection to an oil tanker now leads Callen, Sam, Deeks and Kensi to Moscow, where the team must assume multiple undercover identities to locate their suspects. Meanwhile, Callen uncovers new information regarding his father, on the sixth season finale of NCIS: LOS ANGELES

Will the body count be as high as Romania?? Eh, probably not since Hetty's not coming with them.

That was....I'm not sure what that was.

Just like last week, the story just didn't hold my attention.

It was nice not to end the season on a cliff-hanger. I don't think that has happened since season 1. 

• Love 4
(edited)

But wasn't the Lenin coin something to do with Callen's dad? Because it sure did look like the pensive old not-dead russian guy at the cafe right at the end had one.

Edited by Julia

Nevermind, I guess Hetty did come with them.

I am interested in Callen's backstory, so I have to rewatch later, I missed a couple of key scenes it looks like. I just want them to tell us his name and move on. Are they implying his father is still alive? They should just let him be dead.

I'm not that attached to Arkady, but I'm glad he survived the finale.

I think we'll only get G's name at the last episode of the series.  I hope it's aw awesome silly name that makes Sam crack up.

Arkady is a fun character in small doses.  

Not much of the Internal Affairs Plotline.  I hope they don't drop the storyline, as I feel like they can- Hetty never told Kensi that she didn't send her to Afghanistan as a punishment.

I wanted to like this episode more than I did- I think I'll have to watch it again.

I am disappointed they put in that last scene - it just seems such an unnecessary convolution to a story that's already gone on long enough.  If Callen's father isn't dead, why did they go to all the trouble of telling Callen that his father survived the gulag and took a new identity.  And who is lying to whom?  Is Hetty actually aware that his father is still (apparently) alive or is she just as much in the dark?

I wanted to like this episode more than I did

Exactly! I liked the finale well enough but I thought the ending of the plot was just a little lacklustre; I think I would have liked to have seen the Navy actually catching at least one of the ships with the oil.

• Love 2

Yeah, it wasn't a cliffhanger, but I was sure left hanging...

Everybody looked so tired, except for Kensi and Deeks as they did their tag-team special ops bit.

Arkady has circles within circles within circles.  Callen seems to like him better than his own daughter does...but was she really his daughter?  The way Arkady has kept Callen and the rest of NCIS dancing on his string, I would have thought either Callen or Sam would have long ago hauled off and punched him out of his bullshit.  Especially if it turns out that the espresso-loving old man with the Lenin coin there in the end is really Callen's father, and Arkady knew he was alive and where could be found this entire time.

Honestly?  I'm starting to believe that Callen is Hetty's and Arkady's love child.  In fact, I thought that's where Hetty was going when she mentioned getting married in that church (museum?).

(edited)

I am disappointed they put in that last scene - it just seems such an unnecessary convolution to a story that's already gone on long enough

Oh, I so agree with that Trey.  That has gone on long enough that everytime the storyline comes up, I'm just exhausted because I've begun to forget where everything stands. 

This is a show where I don't want mythology revisited over and over beyond a glimpse initially about the characters.  I like this show best when I don't get angry with the stunts they pull to bring back the sads/heartbreak/etc.  I like this crew and the present day stories with them.

Generally, if I'm not commenting on the show, I'm enjoying the show.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

Not much of the Internal Affairs Plotline.  I hope they don't drop the storyline, as I feel like they can- Hetty never told Kensi that she didn't send her to Afghanistan as a punishment.

I was really hoping that we'd get more of this story before the season ended. Since the oil/russians/Arkady thing seems to be wrapped, maybe IA will get a bigger focus next season.

Honestly?  I'm starting to believe that Callen is Hetty's and Arkady's love child.  In fact, I thought that's where Hetty was going when she mentioned getting married in that church (museum?).

I'm starting to think that too. 

(edited)

Then why would they focus on dead dad, after Callen, doggonit, just missed him.  And, don't get me started on what Hettie did to Kensi sending her to take down (or not)  her ex-fiance.  These are stories that in my mind just bring the stupid/annoyance to a show I otherwise like. 

Hettie as Callen's mom, lord, just let Kensi shoot me now!

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

I was still waiting for Arkady to be revealed as Callen's dad in this episode, especially when they were in the cafe. I'm definitely not convinced Callen's dad is actually dead-- was that man at the end him? Or someone who knows the actual truth? I wish they would end this plot, because I just don't care and these stories are always a mess.

I am also annoyed that IA detective following Deeks was apparently for nothing, because there was absolutely no payoff, unless they are setting something up for next season.

I do like Arkady - he makes me laugh.

So is Anna joining the team next season?

The green screen during Sam and Callen's drive thru Moscow gave the Castle wedding a run for its money.

• Love 1

Ouch, that greenscreen Russia was 1980s bad. Have their lower ratings resulted in a massive budget cut? Even worse was making poor Linda Hunt speak 'Russian' again. If ever a show needed a dialect coach it's this one. But no, they clearly force the poor uncomfortable looking actors to learn lines phonetically from a sheet of paper.

The story was pretty uninspiring.

Mary-Sue... sorry, I mean Ana, just screams 'I will be your next maternity leave replacement at some point next season!' for Kensi. I mean, come on, she's the never mentioned daughter of a popular character who is a brilliant, multi-lingual, multi-national, six-foot tall model and who also just happens to be a ninja-fighting police detective and good with computers? And they have her instantly become part of the team? She's bad fanfiction come to life. Mary-fricking-Ana.

And again, not the actress' fault. She seems fine. But these writers. Ugh.

I used to love this show, but every time I watch it now, it seems to have gotten progressively worse. We may be hitting CSI:Miami levels next year.

• Love 2

Mary-Sue... sorry, I mean Ana, just screams 'I will be your next maternity leave replacement at some point next season!' for Kensi. I mean, come on, she's the never mentioned daughter of a popular character who is a brilliant, multi-lingual, multi-national, six-foot tall model and who also just happens to be a ninja-fighting police detective and good with computers? And they have her instantly become part of the team? She's bad fanfiction come to life. Mary-fricking-Ana.

Ugh is right.  And if that is what they are thinking then why do they have to be so literal--you know have a gorgeous replacement but make this one blonde.  I don't really see why there has to be any replacement.  Just use a new guest star every week.

I have to admit, I get a little suspicious if a new character is REALLY TOTALLY AWESOME that they're being groomed for bigger things if the audience responds well. I think a lot of times, though, it just ends up being like throwing spaghetti at the wall to see if it sticks.

• Love 1

Yes, she was just such a snowflake, and she's tied into Arkady's on going storyline now too. I did consider whether Ana might also turn out to be Callen's half-sister. After all, both of their fathers were smuggling people out of Russia together until the 80s when she would have been born. If Callen's dad had another kid, he'd probably want her to grow up in safety. So she could have just been secretly adopted by Arkady and his wife from Champagne. And even Arkady might not know who she really is. Doubtful, but with this ridiculous show...

But I'm certain we'll see her again next season.