Type keyword(s) to search

Blood And Oil: Anticipation

So apparently not only was the title changed from Oil to Blood and Oil, but originally it was titled Boom...back when it was with ABC the first time.  After they didn't pick it it went to USA, who didn't even film the pilot.  It bounced back to ABC and apparently several roles are being recast after the pilot.  If this show didn't sound like a mess behind the scenes already, finding out that hack Cidre who ruined the Dallas reboot is the co-showrunner of this show tells be the odds aren't good for this.

• Love 2

Was just coming to say I'm in but hearing Cidre is involved has me running for the door. I can already see a random plot line where Elena and the rest of Me-hico show up after finding a map for Papi's gold or something this time.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm so excited about this show!

I know its chances of life are murky but still, it's the only show to get me excited in TV again after Revenge ended and Kingmakers was passed on. ABC is seriously at a loss for decadent soap operas at the moment- this is exactly the kind of show it needs (instead of recycling the same stale Shondaland legal dramas over and over).

Praying that this turns out to be the spiritual successor to Revenge. It's got the gorgeous setting, evil power couple (including Lydia herself) and emphasis on wealth- now all it needs is the critical acclaim.

Edited by GuyAwks

I saw a preview for this before a movie, and all I can say is that they should have picked a better location to stand in for North Dakota.  There aren't snow-capped mountains like that in ND.  If you're going to go to all the trouble of filming on location, at least try to get it somewhat right.

Cidre is still an executive producer but she's out as show runner? Does that mean she has no say in the show anymore? Is it kind of like how everyone thinks Shonda is in charge of How to Get Away With Murder when really she's just the bank account?

I dunno, however she is affiliated with it, the taint of Cidre probably is too much for me to want to watch it. Surprised they didn't call it Carmen's Empanadas Feed Those Who Bleed Blood to Strike Oil (in Mexico). Because "Blood and Oil" sounds a bit too promising.

• Love 1

So apparently not only was the title changed from Oil to Blood and Oil, but originally it was titled Boom...back when it was with ABC the first time.  After they didn't pick it it went to USA, who didn't even film the pilot.  It bounced back to ABC and apparently several roles are being recast after the pilot.

This sounds more interesting than the show itself.

Cidre is still an executive producer but she's out as show runner? Does that mean she has no say in the show anymore? Is it kind of like how everyone thinks Shonda is in charge of How to Get Away With Murder when really she's just the bank account?

Shonda's name was slapped all over the HTGAWM promo, it's 1 of her people in charge of that show.

I saw a preview for this before a movie, and all I can say is that they should have picked a better location to stand in for North Dakota.  There aren't snow-capped mountains like that in ND.  If you're going to go to all the trouble of filming on location, at least try to get it somewhat right.

Yes, because the beautiful vistas of North Dakota provide arresting visuals.

Not usually my kind of show, but I'll watch when I can to see Sonny Crocket, er, ah, Don Johnson.

This is ME! I swear, I SQUEED like my teen self when I saw that it was Sonny, er, I mean Nash, ooopsie! I mean Don.  (Don't judge me!)

Was just coming to say I'm in but hearing Cidre is involved has me running for the door. I can already see a random plot line where Elena and the rest of Me-hico show up after finding a map for Papi's gold or something this time.

When I read this comment, I howled with rage. Because nothing, nothing, not a fucking damn thing, would get me to watch a show by this hack after she royally FUCKED up the new Dallas.

But then I read this, so I am back in. Because one can be an Executive Producer and not have any say in how the show is run.*

*See, Donald P. Bellasario, creater of NCIS, who was booted as Show runner, but is still executive producer, but has no say in the running of show since he got ousted.

I wasn't going to watch this show, until I saw Don's face in one of the promos. What can I say? My 15-year old heart just went-a-flutter.  And he looks dayum good! But the cynic in me will be counting the weeks until we see an appearance from Cheech and or Tubbs Phillip Michael Thomas. Well, maybe cynic's the wrong word. But I have no doubt it will happen eventually.

• Love 1

Wasn't this supposed to be Don Johnson's show?  The preview I keep seeing basically makes this show out to be a catfight between Amber Valletta and a younger woman I don't recognise.  Who is with some guy I don't recognise who doesn't seem to own a shirt.  Don Johnson only showed up at the end when they displayed the title card and I was all "oh, he is in it after all".  Premise doesn't seem that interesting to me.  If the premise is supposed to be Oil Magnate gets richer by steamrolling over everyone, well, that was "Dallas".

Wasn't this supposed to be Don Johnson's show?  The preview I keep seeing basically makes this show out to be a catfight between Amber Valletta and a younger woman I don't recognise.  Who is with some guy I don't recognise who doesn't seem to own a shirt.  Don Johnson only showed up at the end when they displayed the title card and I was all "oh, he is in it after all".  Premise doesn't seem that interesting to me.  If the premise is supposed to be Oil Magnate gets richer by steamrolling over everyone, well, that was "Dallas".

Sort of, he's seems to be channeling JR Ewing and people already made Dallas comparison because that's exactly what the show is.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! {yes, I'm clutching my pearls}

Saw the clip from the pilot on Jimmey Kimmel the other night, and I want to just cry. I'm hoping Don's performance gets better and the writing isn't as cringeworthy and hope it was cringeworthy because that hack Cidre wrote it. That horrible accent. Don's better than this. He's no great thespian, but he is a good and decent actor. He brought the Sexay with Sonny Crockett and the charm with Nash Bridges.

Of course most of the interview was spent on his Miami Vice days and only two minutes were spent on him talking about this show. But since I love him, I will give this show a chance. Just like I gave Dallas 2.0 a chance because Duffy, HAGMAN, and Gray were returning.

shapeshifter, hold me!

• Love 2

Saw the clip from the pilot on Jimmey Kimmel the other night, and I want to just cry. I'm hoping Don's performance gets better and the writing isn't as cringeworthy and hope it was cringeworthy because that hack Cidre wrote it. That horrible accent. Don's better than this. He's no great thespian, but he is a good and decent actor. He brought the Sexay with Sonny Crockett and the charm with Nash Bridges.

If I didn't know any better, I would've thought that it was a parody of Dallas/Dynasty instead of an actual show.  XD.

• Love 1