Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E22: Push The Pain Away

• Start Topic

When multiple people are shot inside an athletic club, intelligence works to find and take down the shooters before there's any more victims. When they discover that all the targets were from the same law firm it's apparent that it is a case of corporate revenge. Now they need to find out what the motive for these killings. Atwater is dealing with his new assignment, while doing so he plays a key role in locating the shooters. Meanwhile Platt and Halstead are trying to approach Lindsay to see how she's coping with a recent death.
(edited)
Burgess bugs me so much.

Me too! Her and Ruzek together also bugs me. Them working together is gonna annoy. 

Sophia Bush! Just . . . WOW! While I am sad for Erin, I am LOVING Sophia's performance during this arc. Her scene w the suspect? Goosebumps! Sad b/c that was not solely an act to get him to surrender. When she was yelling, "Shoot me"? You could tell that she wanted him to, just so she could stop the hurt & pain.  I expected to to happen but it still shocked me: Erin back on drugs. The alcohol wasn't numbing her enough. Alcohol, sex, and drugs. Erin needs help. 

Also? Bunny is the worst! She sees that not only is her daughter in pain but she's using alcohol to numb that pain . . . so what does Bunny do? She pours her said alcohol. Geez, Bunny!

Judging from next week's episode, and finale, Lindsay is going to fall even further! Hoping she doesn't hurt herself or someone else.

A+ episode. MVP to Sophia Bush. *BRAVA* 

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 2

I really didn't like that the show killed off Nadia. And I really hate addiction storylines as a general rule because I find them cliche and overdone.

But I have to admit that Erin's storyline does make for compelling television, and it looks like things are going to get even more tense in the next episode. So I'm on board for now.

I do wonder why the others didn't react when Erin started begging the perpetrator to shoot her. Olinsky should have recognized that this was totally out of character for her and part of a dark spiral. Hopefully he'll have a part in catching her in the next episode.

Also? Bunny is the worst! She sees that not only is her daughter in pain but she's using alcohol to numb that pain . . . so what does Bunny do? She pours her said alcohol. Geez, Bunny!

And she sets her daughter up with some guy from years ago! Great idea, mom! I hope Voight lays the smack down on her.

• Love 3

Olinsky was concerned about Erin at the start of the episode, so I'm sure he will continue to follow up with her. Weird episode, too many too-familiar tropes, not really suspenseful as to the crime, only as to how badly Erin would spin out of control.  As for the hostage negotiations, after all these years of L&O, NCIS, Criminal Minds, etc., etc., I swear I could be a hostage negotiator because the script just never seems to vary.  

Hostage negotiator's actually have a script, if you will.

Wonder if Olinsky will say something to Voight. He and Antonio had to know that all that wasn't an act to get the suspect to surrender. 

(edited)

I don't hate Dawson, but she has a chip on her shoulder. Burgess doesn't, and she isn't too insecure either. Just at the right place for me ego-wise, as far as I'm concerned. I thought that she dealt as well as she could with Atwater (still useless and personality-less as he is imo), meaning she didn't overly pity him but encouraged him all the same. And it seems obvious that in spite of her own ambitions, she truly wishes for his success. It's something I respect. Loved the scene at Molly's in the end.

I never saw her and Erin as potential friends before, but now I think they could slowly get to know, trust, and befriend each other.

And in spite of Roman's shitty treatment of her in the first place, I don't think that Burgess was ever as dismissive and disrespectful of him as Atwater was. 

If you told me that I'd ever root for Trudy against Erin...

It's nice to see Antonio. Can he get please more to do and more screentime? 

I love Voight with Erin, and how he doesn't smother her and gives her space, trusting her while letting her know that he's there if she needs him...that's what good fathers do. Unfortunately, she isn't in her right mind anymore and reasonable doesn't work. So of course, now she needs an intervention from that ne'er do well of a so-called "mother". Please, kick her to the curb.

And oh yeah, Voight is the man. Balls of steel. 

Edited by Happy Harpy