Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

New bts pic.

I find it ridiculous that Owen still lives in the trailer. Didn't the land belong to Derek? If Meredith did sold the house I think she would have sold the land too... well, nevermind.

Oh, they're currently shooting episode 15 now.

And you're totally right, Marni. The explosion is unrelated to Meredith being attacked.

This made me laugh lol

Edited by Kagomei
  • Love 2

New bts pic.

I find it ridiculous that Owen still lives in the trailer. Didn't the land belong to Derek? If Meredith did sold the house I think she would have sold the land too... well, nevermind.

Oh, they're currently shooting episode 15 now.

And you're totally right, Marni. The explosion is unrelated to Meredith being attacked.

This made me laugh lol

It seems like Owen has bought a new set of clothes if Kevin is already dressed as Owen.

Maybe Owen moved the trailer somewhere else, but it seems like the exact same surrondings as they used to be. Owen is a weirdo. An adult man has been living  in  a trailer for how many years now? Insane. I think he is waiting for Amelia to buy or rent him a flat or a house,just like Cristina did. He is incapable of it. 

Maybe Riggs is coming to visit him there.

I am totally disappointed that Riggs is connected somehow and has a history with Hunt. This always happens to me, what I most don´t want to happen on the show, writers always do it.

Edited by Meredithfan

It does look like the same surrondings, that's why I thought it was weird. And yes, it looks like Owen is waiting for Amelia to buy him a flat or maybe he'll move into Meredith's house with her once Amelia and Meredith make up --'

I'm curious about one thing, though. The woman who posted the pic is that paramedic with short hair and she said she was shooting with him, why would there be a paramedic at Owen's trailer?

It does look like the same surrondings, that's why I thought it was weird. And yes, it looks like Owen is waiting for Amelia to buy him a flat or maybe he'll move into Meredith's house with her once Amelia and Meredith make up --'

I'm curious about one thing, though. The woman who posted the pic is that paramedic with short hair and she said she was shooting with him, why would there be a paramedic at Owen's trailer?

I think Nicole was on set working as  a crew member as  a script supervisor which is her main job as I recall, from time to time when necessary she steps in as paramedic Nicole - a cast member. She seems quite nice.

There is another BTS pic https://www.instagram.com/p/BAlj2PIJ2my/, but it tells really nothing,just to add to the collection. It seems they were shooting on location.

D.Allen is directing 1215, she posted another pic from the shoot, Nicole is there,too.

Edited by Meredithfan
  • Love 1

It's weird that Owen still lives in the trailer. He obviously has enough money for a place... maybe he bought that spot of land from Meredith. I'm not sure why they're so attached to that set. I also wonder if we're ever going to see where Arizona and DeLuca live. I'm not sure why they bothered to set that up in episode 1 and then never ever reference it again or show them together. 

Agreed, especially because the trailer was so close to the house.  

He obviously has enough money for a place... maybe he bought that spot of land from Meredith.

There did seem to be a lot of land around the house so maybe she did divide it and sell some land and the lot with the house. If he wanted to build a house then I can maybe see why he's still there.  Most of the living arrangements on Grey's make my head hurt. Half these people live like they just left college when they're supposed to be world class surgeons. Doubt it will ever change, its been this way forever.

They could also be filming a flashback to something that happened during the time jumps.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 2

I also wonder if we're ever going to see where Arizona and DeLuca live. I'm not sure why they bothered to set that up in episode 1 and then never ever reference it again or show them together.

To justify making Giacomo a regular.

Jessica did mention on twitter that they filmed together for episode 10 though. Along with Jim. And since Weber doesn't really do much in the hospital these days, I wonder if it's outside. I don't know if it's to set up some awkward situation where Weber finds out through Arizona living with him that DeLuca and Maggie are sleeping together, or what.

New bts pic.

i think the writers forgot the trailer was on Derek's land.  Come to think of it, pretty sure the trailer itself still belonged to Derek?  I'm with windsprints that the living arrangements on this show make my head hurt.  

Also, confirmation that Nicole directed 12x15.  I guess they are on to 12x16 now.  

https://twitter.com/karingleason/status/689642356459483136

https://twitter.com/karingleason/status/689645096514387972

• Love 2

reposting from the promo thread....12x09 promo is out 

looks like Meredith IS attacked by a patient.  Not really sure how "shocking and weird" that is, but ok.  Also, it does seem like part (or maybe most) of the ep will be without dialogue.  

Over hype once again with the whole "someone you wouldn't expect". Who wouldn't expect some random person being the attacker, lol? Yet another Meredith-in-peril episode. Greysaddict, I bet you called it and it will be Perfect Penny saving Meredith.

• Love 2

haha this pic is funny because it looks like he's sucking on her earlobe lol

But yeah, powerful stuff from Ellen :)

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's excited about this episode. Although, realistically this board represents a very, very small percentage of fans. The reactions on twitter and other websites seem to be positive. I don't think they're trying to make people question Meredith's fate at all, I think the hook is what happens to her, how the hospital rallies around her, and what the aftermath will be. 

• Love 3

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's excited about this episode. Although, realistically this board represents a very, very small percentage of fans. The reactions on twitter and other websites seem to be positive. I don't think they're trying to make people question Meredith's fate at all, I think the hook is what happens to her, how the hospital rallies around her, and what the aftermath will be. 

Yep, I agree completely.  Since she is clearly alive when Alex comes to visit her the next day (or however much later since he's in regular clothes), i think this is going to be more about coping with the attack and bringing everyone together.....not "will she live/be ok".  I am cautiously excited for this episode, cautiously because I hope its not being completely over hyped.  I've seen people on twitter questioning if Meredith will be paralyzed (uh, no) and stuff like that, but I do not think that is at all the point of the ep.

Btw the media, and twitter, seem to be freaking about about Alex kissing Meredith on the forehead but I see it as a completely innocent friendship type kiss.  I didn't think anything of it originally until I saw some media outlets commenting on it.   Do you guys think there is any more to it?

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 2

Yep, I agree completely.  Since she is clearly alive when Alex comes to visit her the next day (or however much later since he's in regular clothes), i think this is going to be more about coping with the attack and bringing everyone together.....not "will she live/be ok".  I am cautiously excited for this episode, cautiously because I hope its not being completely over hyped.  I've seen people on twitter questioning if Meredith will be paralyzed (uh, no) and stuff like that, but I do not think that is at all the point of the ep.

Btw the media, and twitter, seem to be freaking about about Alex kissing Meredith on the forehead but I see it as a completely innocent friendship type kiss.  I didn't think anything of it originally until I saw some media outlets commenting on it.   Do you guys think there is any more to it?

IMO it was just a very innocent kiss, but I saw some people freaking out too. They are like siblings, can't a brother kiss his sister's forehead? And if a male friend kiss your forehead does that mean he is into you? I don't see a reason to freak out over it. People are crazy.
  • Love 2

IMO it was just a very innocent kiss, but I saw some people freaking out too. They are like siblings, can't a brother kiss his sister's forehead? And if a male friend kiss your forehead does that mean he is into you? I don't see a reason to freak out over it. People are crazy.

I don't think they'll ever turn Meredith and Alex into more than friends. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it. Their friendship has been one of my favourite things about the series since the Thanksgiving episode in season 2.

Alex has seen Meredith endure an insane amount of trauma, and she has three children - I think that kiss is simply relief and comforting. They love each other like two best friends do. I really hope that the writers don't use this to cause further rifts between Alex and Jo. There's no way people would side with Jo if she gets upset at Alex for sticking by Meredith during this... I actually hope that Jo plays some active role in helping her, I'd love to see them develop some type of friendship or at least mutual respect. But as we know, Penny finds her... 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 3

I don't think any of the Meredith-In-Peril episodes ever had people truly questioning her fate because I don't believe anyone ever thought she'd die. Having one of them injured has been done ad nauseam. No doubt the episode will have its moments but I wish they'd find some other story to bring people together instead of using the same one every time.

Reading here makes me thankful for those I follow on twitter. I saw no one thinking anything of Alex kissing Meredith's forehead.

I read some speculation that perhaps there's a second person attacked because in the promo it sounds like Webber says "he" was attacked. I listened again and it sounded like "he" to me too but it could be the way its cut.

Edited by windsprints

I'll admit I questioned the fate of the main characters (Meredith, Derek, Alex, Cristina) during the shooting in the S6 finale.  I didn't super follow BTS and spoiler stuff at that time but I think I remembering knowing the first 6 year contract was expiring.  In hindsight it seems like duh of course they would never kill off Meredith Grey of Grey's Anatomy but as a more casual viewer back then I definitely though anything was possible.  

To be fair,  i think it was Michael Ausiello (who I normally love bc he's always been a GA fan) who started the whole "kiss" thing likely as click-bait saying "Plus, We Need To Talk About That Alex Kiss"

https://twitter.com/MichaelAusiello/status/689951998561615872

• Love 1

I'll admit I questioned the fate of the main characters (Meredith, Derek, Alex, Cristina) during the shooting in the S6 finale.  I didn't super follow BTS and spoiler stuff at that time but I think I remembering knowing the first 6 year contract was expiring.  In hindsight it seems like duh of course they would never kill off Meredith Grey of Grey's Anatomy but as a more casual viewer back then I definitely though anything was possible.  

To be fair,  i think it was Michael Ausiello (who I normally love bc he's always been a GA fan) who started the whole "kiss" thing likely as click-bait saying "Plus, We Need To Talk About That Alex Kiss"

https://twitter.com/MichaelAusiello/status/689951998561615872

He probably ships Merlex lol

From TVLine (It's basically nothing - some of the info is repeated from past Spoilers, but I'll post it in full anyway) 

Question: I’m so happy the TV season is resuming. I’m mostly happy about TGIT returning. Got anything for this 12-season Grey‘s Anatomy fan?
Ausiello: If you’re expecting an immediate resolution to last November’s big ‘Japril’ cliffhanger, you’re going to be sorely disappointed. “We do find out what Jackson was going to say to April,” Sarah Drew confirms to me. “But not in the first episode back [on Feb. 11].” As Drew reminds, the brutal midseason premiere is “very Meredith-centric. And we’re really just absorbing that story.” Pssst: Rumor has it we’ll find out what words were on the tip of Jackson’s tongue in the second episode back, which, curiously, is titled, “All I Want Is You.”

Question: Is there any chance that Owen’s MIA sister on Grey’s Anatomy is none other than Riggs himself? Transgender storylines are all the rage, after all.
Ausiello: They are. But he’s not. Both Martin Henderson (aka Riggs) and Kevin McKidd ruled out such a twist when I spoke to them last week at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena. “While it would be nice to have the opportunity to play such complexity on network TV, I sadly doubt it will be as controversial or topical as that,” Henderson shared. McKidd took things a step further, telling me, “That one’s off the table for sure.” The question regarding the whereabouts of Owen’s mysterious sibling will be resolved around Episode 14, McKidd went on to tease. And don’t assume she’s dead. “It’s more ambiguous than that,” McKidd hinted in our Winter Preview-Palooza. “There’s nothing definite about the fate of his sister.”

More "spoilers" from EW:

Anything on Amelia’s relapse on Grey’s Anatomy? — Eryn
When Grey’s returns, Amelia is “sad, isolated, and circling the margins,” Caterina Scorsone says. “She’s not in a good place. She’s drinking again. Amelia is at a very, very low point.” Unfortunately, “Owen’s going through his own drama with Riggs, so he’s not in a very good place either,” Scorsone adds, noting that Amelia and Owen are not emotionally capable of being there for each other. “They’ve both isolated themselves. There’s a saying about not being sick on the same day, and in this case, they’re sick on the same day.”

I'm going with it not being KH because a) I think Shonda hates her (based on comments Shonda herself has said) and b) I don't think "no small feat given how the character in question was originally written off the show" fits Izzie's exit.  I'm no writer but I don't see it as all that difficult to find a way for her to stroll into Seattle. I think it could be someone like Nina Dobrev from TVD.

I'm thinking either Cote de Pablo on NCIS, or Michael Raymond James on OUAT.

Literally, the last thing Grey's needs is to service more characters even if it's just a one off.

I'm going with it not being KH because a) I think Shonda hates her (based on comments Shonda herself has said) and b) I don't think "no small feat given how the character in question was originally written off the show" fits Izzie's exit.  I'm no writer but I don't see it as all that difficult to find a way for her to stroll into Seattle. I think it could be someone like Nina Dobrev from TVD.

I doubt it's Katherine, but I do think that line could apply to her. It'd be 'no small feat' arranging her reappearance  considering she basically just left the set and didn't return for the additional episodes she was scheduled to film. But yea, I just don't see Shonda going for it. She's shut it down several times. I'm not against it, though. In fact I'd love Izzie to come back, even for a single episode. 

File this under Speculation: 

http://tvline.com/2016/01/22/blind-item-drama-series-actor-returning-surprise/

Most of the comments seem to think it's Katherine Heigl. 

Wasn't there a blind item similar to this a few month ago?  It's probably the same right?  I remember a lot of people thinking it was KH then too.  It sounds VERY Izzie/GA to me but I agree that 1) She and Shonda have no love lost between them and 2) it could fit tons of other shows as well.

I don't think its either Nina Dobrev from TVD, or Sandra Oh since both have openly stated they would come back for future episodes/finale.  Actually both (and KH) had exits that would be pretty easy to bring back the character.  

Sandra Oh has been posted a lot of GA stuff lately though (comparatively to the minimal stuff she posts anyway)

Anything on Amelia’s relapse on Grey’s Anatomy? — Eryn

When Grey’s returns, Amelia is “sad, isolated, and circling the margins,” Caterina Scorsone says. “She’s not in a good place. She’s drinking again. Amelia is at a very, very low point.” Unfortunately, “Owen’s going through his own drama with Riggs, so he’s not in a very good place either,” Scorsone adds, noting that Amelia and Owen are not emotionally capable of being there for each other. “They’ve both isolated themselves. There’s a saying about not being sick on the same day, and in this case, they’re sick on the same day.”

you can file this under Unpopular Opinions probably, but I am interested to see how this plays out.  There is so much to explore with the Amelia/Owen relationship that I think could be interesting to watch.  You know, assuming they actually get to play out the issues and they don't get swept under the rug after 1 episode.  The relationship has been baffling from the start because the writers never bothered to explore it fully.  

I agree that it looks like it's KH, but I doubt it's her. There's no way Shonda would want her back. Of course we could be completely wrong but I just can't see that happening. I would like it, though. Izzie was not my favorite character but I feel like it would shake things up and it could be very interesting. Plus, I like Katherine's acting.

I know it's unlikely but what if it's Kim Raver? I would LOVE to have her back. Teddy was one of my favorite characters and I hated they way she left. Did you guys see this new pic? It gave me hope even though I know it's not happening lol

It'd be 'no small feat' arranging her reappearance  considering she basically just left the set and didn't return for the additional episodes she was scheduled to film.

I agree the way she left sucked but because it says the way the character was written off I took it more the story than the backstage drama. If it said the way the actor left than I'd think it fits KH more. JMO.

I don't think its Greys but if it is you guys know it will end up being someone like Dead Denny again!

The relationship has been baffling from the start because the writers never bothered to explore it fully.

Agreed. Also the time jumps made it worse. They were acting like they went on a few dates when a year had passed.  I really don't want to see Amelia's drinking drag on but that's probably because I watched her on Private. For me it would feel kind of repetitive to the addiction story there.

• Love 1

I agree, I doubt it is KH, though Ausiello seems to be a big fan of hers and loves to tease her return.  The article said that his/her scenes have already been filmed so if it was someone from Grey's then it would have to figure it to one of the semi-recent storylines (at least I think, maybe they could just edit the footage into a future episode??)  If it was KH, a Jo/Alex wedding would be the "perfect" time to show up, although I don't know that Alex would really care that much anymore.

I don't think its Greys but if it is you guys know it will end up being someone like Dead Denny again!

That might finally do it for me! Now Kyle Chandler would be a different story....But if JDM is revisiting old roles, he needs to be checking in to Supernatural first.  

The previous TVLine blind item everyone was speculating was Izzie related ended up being about The Good Wife, and was overblown. I think Ausiello is just sneaky, and in fairness it's his job to get clicks. He knows KH is always top of mind for things of this nature and it will get heaps of attention so the blinds are purposefully written to imply Izzie, even though it's unrelated.

Edited by Marni
  • Love 4

I agree the way she left sucked but because it says the way the character was written off I took it more the story than the backstage drama. If it said the way the actor left than I'd think it fits KH more. JMO.

Agreed. Also the time jumps made it worse. They were acting like they went on a few dates when a year had passed.  I really don't want to see Amelia's drinking drag on but that's probably because I watched her on Private. For me it would feel kind of repetitive to the addiction story there.

Did they deal with Amelia's addiction in several arcs on PP, or was it just once? I know her backstory, I just don't know how long they stretched it all out. I hope it isn't dragged on too long here. I agree about the Owen / Amelia relationship... timewise it's so strange, and they always felt just thrown together to me. I'd much rather see  Owen with someone else, but I think Shonda thinks they're a beloved power couple... 

I can't see Grey's going to great lengths to cover up any old character returning except for Izzie, and I don't think Shonda will ever bring back Izzie, so I don't think this is about Grey's. I think the embryo mention this season was the writers way of finally cutting off the Izzie story and fan demand for her return (which, not coincidentally, was riled up big time by a piece that Ausiello wrote last year.) 

Maybe it's....... Zombie George?? Vampire Mark?? Ghost Reed and Charles... 

Did they deal with Amelia's addiction in several arcs on PP, or was it just once? I know her backstory, I just don't know how long they stretched it all out.

Its been awhile but I think it was twice. The first time she started drinking,  became an alcoholic then got sober. The second time she started drinking and taking pills after her friend killed herself.  As a teen her addiction was pain pills, Derek saved her when she overdosed. I can't remember for sure if she had a drinking problem prior to her drinking the first time on the show.

Maybe it's....... Zombie George?? Vampire Mark?? Ghost Reed and Charles...

I'd rather it be Doc the dog!  Is there anyone who died where a flashback would fit?  (other than Derek since I think PD is as much of a long shot as KH).

Edited by windsprints

I agree that it looks like it's KH, but I doubt it's her. There's no way Shonda would want her back. Of course we could be completely wrong but I just can't see that happening. I would like it, though. Izzie was not my favorite character but I feel like it would shake things up and it could be very interesting. Plus, I like Katherine's acting.

I know it's unlikely but what if it's Kim Raver? I would LOVE to have her back. Teddy was one of my favorite characters and I hated they way she left. Did you guys see this new pic? It gave me hope even though I know it's not happening lol

I wish Sandra would return to Greys just to guest star for a few episodes so that Cristina comes to visit Meredith and Alex from Zurich.

The actors had a little reunion also with Tony Phelan, the ex-writer.

In many many ways Cristina has inspired me, how to value myself as a woman and I used to have a very naive image of men, she put my head in the right place. Bless her.

Edited by Meredithfan
  • Love 2

SpoilerTV's Blind Item - TV Show to Reveal A Character as Pregnant

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/01/spoilertvs-blind-item-tv-show-to-reveal.html

Wonder if this could be for Grey's?  Amelia, Jo, Maggie, April or Arizona (if they write in JCap's pregnancy) are possibilities...

I hope it's not Grey's. We can't stand another pregnancy. We have enough invisible children on this show.

But there's always a possibility. Ugh.

It could be Bokhee!

Edited by Kagomei
  • Love 2

I hope it's not Grey's. We can't stand another pregnancy. We have enough invisible children on this show.

But there's always a possibility. Ugh.

It could be Bokhee!

I agree, considering we have seen ANY of the children so far this season (not just Mer's) i don't think Shonda and co will be rushing to add in any more pregnancies/babies.  

this picture was posted earlier today https://www.instagram.com/p/BA5KpDZhpU_/and i keep seeing people thinking Meredith's arm in amputated??   this hiatus is so long people are getting crazed. (If you remember from the wheelchair video Meredith's arm is in a sling which is why you cant see it from the back.)  

And yes, I'm pretty sure these people are serious.  So far I've heard Meredith is missing an ear, permanently deaf and now missing an arm.  

I agree, considering we have seen ANY of the children so far this season (not just Mer's) i don't think Shonda and co will be rushing to add in any more pregnancies/babies.  

this picture was posted earlier today https://www.instagram.com/p/BA5KpDZhpU_/and i keep seeing people thinking Meredith's arm in amputated??   this hiatus is so long people are getting crazed. (If you remember from the wheelchair video Meredith's arm is in a sling which is why you cant see it from the back.)  

And yes, I'm pretty sure these people are serious.  So far I've heard Meredith is missing an ear, permanently deaf and now missing an arm.

Oh my, they are losing it. But can you imagine it? A surgeon with just one arm? Woah!

But if you think about it if Meredith is now missing an arm she can start a club with Arizona: Amputated Surgeons! The name is catchy ;)

• Love 1

It's probably Mary Margaret on Once Upon a Time. The actress is pregnant again.

I was thinking Belle, because the actress who plays her is pregnant, too. A friend of mine thought Big Bang Theory, but I don't watch that. 

Unless they have an absurd time jump to write Jessica's pregnancy in  (she's showing very obviously from recent pics) or they absurdly get someone else pregnant, no one on this show is anywhere ready to have a baby. They don't pay attention to the kids that already exist.

Edited by CED9

I wish Sandra would return to Greys just to guest star for a few episodes so that Cristina comes to visit Meredith and Alex from Zurich.

The actors had a little reunion also with Tony Phelan, the ex-writer.

I would love to see Sandra/Cristina back, even just as a guest star.  She's been posting a lot about Grey's lately too.

this was just yesterday https://www.instagram.com/p/BA5KpDZhpU_/, and i just realized 6 of her last 7 instagram pics have been Grey's related.   

• Love 1

I go back to "no small feat given how the character in question was originally written off the show" so I can't see it being Cristina. Cristina coming for a visit would be easy to write especially with Meredith injured.  I would love to see Sandra on the show again but I don't think it will be now. 

A surgeon with just one arm? Woah!

Dr. Romano from ER. Then in a couple of seasons a helicopter can fall on her. In all seriousness I do not think Meredith will be missing any limbs or ears. There's pictures of her in a future episode isn't there? I think she has her arms there, lol.

I'm with everyone - hope there's no pregnancy on the show this season.

• Love 2

I agree, windsprints.  I think you've pinpointed the key language "no small feat given how the character in question was originally written off the show".  That to me says that the character was originally killed off.  So no Izzy, no Christina.  I also think it's not Grey's because, well, we know it's no big deal for dead people to show back up on this show....bomb guy, Ellis Grey, Denny. Derek would be the most likely suspect, but I'd be floored if he reappeared so soon.

My personal prediction is NCIS and having Kate (who was killed in season 2 of that show) come back in a dream or flashback to Tony.  Michael Weatherly is leaving at the end of the season, I can see them circling back to her somehow, but that's for a different topic. My second pick would be Josh Charles making the same sort of reappearance on The Good Wife, which seems to be winding down in its last season.  Both could provide a kick in the ass from beyond the grave to a lead character on the way out of the show (or that character's time on the show).

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1