Type keyword(s) to search

Captain Jack Harkness: Anything With a Postcode

GreyBunny
  • Start Topic

One of the Doctor's most popular companions and why wouldn't he be?  He loves women, men, aliens, robots...anything with a pulse, and if it doesn't have a pulse, he'll give it one.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 1

I keep seeing promos for the new show Forever with Ioan Gruffudd, and it seems to me to be a lot of the tale of Jack Harkness in there.  If Jack had been a medical doctor.

(/tangent - I would have loved to see Ioan Gruffudd as the new Doctor!  He even could have kept his native accent)

• Love 1

I don't believe Steven Moffat had anything to do with the demise of Torchwood. It was a very hit-and-miss show, had its time and is done. It was always going to have a limited shelf life - especially since Captain Jack is immortal and John Barrowman ages like a regular human.

• Love 2

He's been a regular on Arrow (on and off).  This season he's been featured quite a bit. 

I loved him on Doctor Who but never got into Torchwood.  The original Torchwood was ok but I hated Children of Earth.

He's really good on Arrow. 

He's been a regular on Arrow (on and off).  This season he's been featured quite a bit. 

I loved him on Doctor Who but never got into Torchwood.  The original Torchwood was ok but I hated Children of Earth.

He's really good on Arrow. 

Can you watch him in Arrow and *not* think of him as Captain Jack?

Steven Moffat has nothing to do with Torchwood, but don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

If I have it wrong, I will say I am sorry LOL but I still won't like Moffat, you can't make me.

What I read years ago (on the interwebs so we know it is the truth) was that when Captain Jack, Martha, and Mickey walk away from the TARDIS, they were to become the new core of torch wood. However, Moffat was to take over and instead focused on Sherlock and DW.

• Love 2

Can you watch him in Arrow and *not* think of him as Captain Jack?

Yes.  He's a totally different type of character.  I loved him as Jack Harkness but he's matured.  He's not flirty and a lot more dangerous in Arrow.

If I have it wrong, I will say I am sorry LOL but I still won't like Moffat, you can't make me.

What I read years ago (on the interwebs so we know it is the truth) was that when Captain Jack, Martha, and Mickey walk away from the TARDIS, they were to become the new core of torch wood. However, Moffat was to take over and instead focused on Sherlock and DW.

I believe that was only ever a fan rumour. Maybe some of the Torchwood production team had hopes, but the actors had other plans going forward so it was never more than a pipe dream.

Probably for the best, imo. We don't have an unpopular opinions thread in this section, do we? Mine is that I never liked Torchwood. I enjoyed the location-spotting, since it was filmed here in my home town, but I thought the writing was appalling and had no place in the Doctor Who universe. The only season I really enjoyed watching was the 3rd, Children of Earth, which was a thrill-ride while it lasted - but does not stand up as well in the cold light of hindsight. The idea behind Torchwood was sound, but the execution was awful.

You are wrong. RTD may have wanted to bring Mickey and Martha into Torchwood, but by the time Children of Earth went into production, the actors had moved on. This had nothing to do with Moffat taking over Doctor Who, as:

Steven Moffat has nothing to do with Torchwood.

You are wrong. RTD may have wanted to bring Mickey and Martha into Torchwood, but by the time Children of Earth went into production, the actors had moved on. This had nothing to do with Moffat taking over Doctor Who, as:

I am sorry. I was wronge.

I am rewatching from the beginning of new who and just got my first taste of Captain Jack (again). He is so yummy. He just burns up the screen with whomever he is with, currently Rose. I mean damn! His chemistry is off the charts. I just love him.

• Love 1