Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Athena
  • Start Topic

Cap and Iron Man were the only ones whose parts in the opening scene worked for me. And that group line-up shot was the low point of the film.

I did love when Thor was fighting the horde of Ultron's robots and blew a bazillion of them up with that tanker truck, prompting the much hardier main Ultron to jump in personally. Though really, someone who can summon lightning storms at will should have been more effective on a wide scale against an army of non-indestructible metal robots.

• Love 1

I rewatched it recently and it bugged me more the second time. The whole mind control thing was done in the first movie, and it's central to this one, too. It's a lazier plot device than another Death Star (at least TFA made things interesting).

Though really, someone who can summon lightning storms at will should have been more effective on a wide scale against an army of non-indestructible metal robots.

Maybe he was effective, the problem was that there was so much going on in that last battle that Thor didn't get a lot of screen time so it would be hard to know for sure. Although he did better than the Hulk in that regard .

Edited by Kel Varnsen
I might be alone but I absolutely hated that opening action sequence, the while slow.motion jump (look we're a Comicbook movie!) took me right out of the movie.

Didn't work for me, either.  Nor did Thor fighting.  Too much CGI, I think.

I think because there were criticisms when the first movie came out that it took too long to get to get the team together for the big battle at the end and that the first two acts were boring they wanted to start the action right away with the team fighting together.

It's not the fact that they opened with a battle that's the problem, though, just the execution. If it hadn't looked like a videogame it might have been great. I was just crossing my fingers Joss wouldn't add a bowllng pins noise like the Wachowskis did to their similarly fake mass combat scene.

• Love 1