Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural Survival Game

mstaken
  • Start Topic

Your lifestyle to me seemed so tragic, with the thrill of it all. You fooled all the people with magic. Yeah, you waited on Satan's door.  Oh, Mr. Crowley.  Mr. Fergus Roderick MacLeod.  Did you know Connor?  Or Duncan?  I cheered for you to become King, but under your reign, Hell went from the most feared place in the 'verse to little worse than sitting next to someone you dislike at a dinner party.  Remember when the mere mention of a demon made the bravest hunter poop his pants?  Those were the days.  Now your minions are a bunch of easily dispatched bitches.  Do we distinguish blame between you and Gamble/Carver?  Who knows.  Your true crime, Crowley, was simply being too magnetic, too entertaining -- with your King-of-Hell-may-care attitude and loving quips -- so much so that they had to make you a series regular ... which led us to Gavin ... and Rowena .. and your ultimate demise.  You had a great run, Fergus.  Moose and Not Moose wouldn't be the same without you.  Dare I say that you were the best of the villains, but the keyword still is "were".  I'll spill a glass of Craig in Poughkeepsie in your honor.

- Crowley
-- Cain
+ Azazel

03 - Azazel
02 - Cain
02 - Meg Masters

Exorcised with Our Minds
Ruby
Lilith
Alastair
Abaddon
Crowley

+ Cain

-- Meg

-- Azazel

Ah Meg! You thorny beauty. I'd like to think it was your simple philosophy combined with the sublime goodness of Cas that infiltrated your dark heart and made you San adjunct member of a Team Free Will. I'll miss your sass and pragmatism.

01 - Azazel

03 - Cain

Exorcised with Our Minds

Ruby

Lilith

Alastair

Abaddon

Crowley

Meg Masters

I gotta say, I'm flabbergasted that the demon that orchestrated Dean and Sam's raison d'être, the demon behind the entirety of seasons 1-5, is going to lose to a demon who has been in two episodes.  And, therefore, never should have been included on the demon list.  But I didn't pay close enough attention and imdb credited Cain in four episodes.  

Sorry about that.

In Cain's defense, he didn't go looking for Dean at all. That was all on Crowley. It wasn't a pact between Crowley and Cain. Cain was living a peaceful life and he did warn Dean that the Mark had a great cost. Cain was trying to save his brother's soul from allying with Lucifer.  It's complicated but I just can't put Cain into Crowley's category.

As for Azazel, I liked him but I hated him and wasn't it all really Lucifer that orchestrated everything and Azazel was just his minion?  I really can't remember

Edited by catrox14

Don't worry DD, the voting is not over yet. Heh, heh, heh.

Personally, I liked the actor that played Cain, but I don't think they really did all that much with the character in the end. Azazel is probably the only demon I found truly interesting long-term and he was also played by a couple very good actors.

• Love 1

I'll spill a glass of Craig in Poughkeepsie in your honor.

Perfect!

I gotta say, I'm flabbergasted that the demon that orchestrated Dean and Sam's raison d'être, the demon behind the entirety of seasons 1-5

The demon who was freaking scary! The S6 opener is pretty terrifying imo just because of the sense that he's there somehow, still looming over everything. *shudder*

• Love 1

The demon who was freaking scary! The S6 opener is pretty terrifying imo just because of the sense that he's there somehow, still looming over everything. *shudder*

Oh yeah, Fredrick Lehne was, IMO, the best incarnation of Yellow Eyes! He was scary and flippant and just perfect.

• Love 2

Frederick Lehne was great. But I just liked other demons more.  Like Cain.  I just think Cain had/has a mystery and a presence about him that I just need more of.  It might also be the hair...

• Love 2

I think Cain has the potential to be interesting, because his backstory is intriguing, and TO has really knocked it out of the park, acting-wise. But I don't think the show has delivered on that potential yet. And he's not very "demon-like" or even menacing, so it's hard for me to see him as a real antagonist. YMMV.

Yellow Eyes was the best antagonist of the series imo. Aside from everything that's already been mentioned about why he works so well, something that makes him perpetually interesting to me is how Dean reacts to him. It always gets me, how you can see Dean get chilled to the bone at any mention of him, and how Dean goes full on "crazy eyes" when he thinks they're face-to-face. I just really buy that he's Dean's worst nightmare. And it's not like Dean scares easily! So that always gives him some extra weight with me.

I found him especially frightening in Exile on Main Street, even though he was just a delusion in Dean's head -- and something that made me feel like Sam was not just strange but *wrong* in that episode was how he smirked when he found out that the YED was the nightmare that Dean had been hallucinating. Though that also made me curious about how Sam sees him (the YED)!

• Love 2

I never thought Dean was as freaked out by Yellow Eyes as he was Alastair.

YMMV, but Alastair was a total bust as far as I was concerned.

He just didn't seem especially menacing, or smart, or even like he had an interesting personality, imo. I didn't get the feeling that Dean was especially afraid of him, though he obviously was meant to be. I'm probably forgetting a fair amount, but most of what I remember of their interaction onscreen was just Dean torturing him. Which...Idk, I was distracted by my disgust at Dean torturing somebody and not feeling all that much empathy. Alastair didn't seem like much of a threat up there on that rack, anyway. And the stuff that Alastair was saying to Dean didn't seem to have a lot of bite, either. When Meg possessed Sam and mocked Jo and Dean, she was bringing up pretty similar stuff, but it was much more chilling and frightening imo. And the set-up for Meg!Sam was more interesting, too. Anyway, my point is that, personally, I found it difficult to take Alastair seriously, and found it difficult to take their idea of Hell seriously at that point altogether. JMV. I think they were maybe going for some kind of ~thing~ where Alastair was Dean's version of Ruby, but that fell flat for me. And I know On the Head of a Pin is a pretty popular episode, but I personally found it anticlimactic and blah. YMMV, per usual :)

• Love 2

I do think Cain had some very interesting potential, but I don't think the show delivered on that potential. He was only in two episodes so it's not like they had the time to do it either. And, like rue, I really didn't see him as a legitimate antagonist. Yellow Eyes started the whole shebang though and was still screwing with the boys long after he was dead. He really embodied what a demon should be, IMO.

+ Azazel
-- Cain

02 - Azazel
01 - Cain

Exorcised with Our Minds
Ruby
Lilith
Alastair
Abaddon
Crowley
Meg Masters

• Love 1

Interesting viewpoint and completely the reverse for me. On all counts re Alastair vs Azazel

To me, Dean didn't fear Azazel himself. I think he feared what he would do to Sam and John which is why he was willing to kill him. He wanted to kill him. He wanted him dead for what he did to Mary and what he wanted to do to Sam.  I never took Dean's reluctance in s1 to continue the hunt as Dean being afraid of Azazel but more what it was doing to Sam and John. When Azazel possessed Grampa Campbell, Dean flat out told him to his face he was going to kill him since he had already killed him in the future.

Alastair tormented Dean for 40 years in Hell, and yes I consider the 10 years Dean spent torturing others to be torture of Dean as well since it turning him into something he didn't want to be. To me, whenever Dean saw Alastair , Jensen played it with real underlying fear that showed in his eyes and demeanor, dread I suppose, that I never really saw with any other demon. He respected what they could do to him and Sam but IMO it was not the same kind of fear as even with Death. I thought whenever Dean saw Alastair it took him right back into being in Hell and what was done to him and what he compelled Dean to do. I thought the entirety of OtHofaP was played by Jensen with an undercurrent of fear and trying to not let Alastair see that fear.  I thought Alastair 2.0 was terrifying even in the Devil's Trap. 

After all that eulogizing, guess it's time to say goodbye to Cain!

+ Azazel

- Cain

03 - Azazel

Exorcised with Our Minds
Ruby
Lilith
Alastair
Abaddon
Crowley
Meg Masters

Cain

• Love 2
To me, Dean didn't fear Azazel himself. I think he feared what he would do to Sam and John which is why he was willing to kill him. He wanted to kill him. He wanted him dead for what he did to Mary and what he wanted to do to Sam.  I never took Dean's reluctance in s1 to continue the hunt as Dean being afraid of Azazel but more what it was doing to Sam and John. When Azazel possessed Grampa Campbell, Dean flat out told him to his face he was going to kill him since he had already killed him in the future.

Wait, I'm not sure that we're disagreeing about this part? I think Dean wanted to kill Azazel and tear him into little tiny pieces. I think he *hated* Azazel down to his bones. I don't think he ever wanted to leave Azazel be out of fear, I think he just about lost his mind whenever he even heard mention of him, let alone was face to face with him, and it was all he could do to stay sane at those times. I was just looking for a screencap from In the Beginning, of Dean's face when he tells Azazel!Grandpa Campbell that he's going to be the one to kill him, because he seriously looks like he's *nuts.* (Couldn't find it though. Rats). I've never seen him look like that before or since, I don't think. There are a lot of times in that episode when he looks like he's about to lose it, though, and even the Campbells could see that he was barely holding it together when it came to that particular "hunt." And when he's at Lisa's house in Exile on Main Street and hallucinates that Ben and Lisa are coming back home, and then that Lisa is killed on the ceiling while telling him that it's all his fault and Ben is standing in the doorway drinking the YED's blood -- that's the most afraid that I think I've ever seen Dean in the whole course of the series. I just completely buy that what happened to Mary and Sam way back when is his *worst* nightmare and something that haunts him and that looms over his life even as a grown man. I seriously think that when Mary was dying and the house was burning down, and John handed him Sam and told him to get him out safe, that getting Sam out safe became Dean's mission in life in a really fundamental, to-the-depths-of-his-soul kind of way. And that was (part of) why he felt so guilty and ashamed when Sam was killed in S2. I don't think that Dean *ever* entirely left that moment when Azazel destroyed their family. Azazel is the person who set their lives on this course, and I buy that Dean is angry at and afraid of Azazel as basically the personification of everything he's terrified of and hates and that's caused him pain in life. I just 100% buy that. But of course, YMMV.

In terms of why he wasn't willing to go after Azazel at all costs, I think that he was afraid that Sam or John would destroy *themselves* in a single-minded pursuit of Azazel, and that's what made him more cautious about it than they were. But I think he wanted to kill Azazel at least as much. Tbh I got the sense that he had much stronger feelings about Azazel than Sam did, he always seemed to have a more visceral reaction to him. But maybe that's just a difference in JA's acting style in comparison to JP's, I don't know.

Anyway, OK I WILL DO ACTUAL WORK NOW AND BE PRODUCTIVE. Lol.

Okie dokie, here are the monsters:

15 - Benny
15 - Dick Roman
15 - Edgar
15 - Gordon Walker
15 - Tessa
15 - Death
15 - Rowena
15 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak
15 - Eve
15 - Alpha Vampire

I have really got to stop trusting imdb -- they had Kate listed as 3 episodes, but when I double-checked just now, one of the episodes is the Very Supernatural Special.  *eyeroll*

Oh, this should be interesting....

Death ++

Tessa -- (Because of what they did to her character in the end.  Loved her before that!)

Alpha Vamp -- (Because they haven't used him nearly enough, IMO.)

17 - Death

15 - Benny

15 - Dick Roman
15 - Edgar
15 - Gordon Walker
15 - Rowena
15 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak
15 - Eve
13 - Alpha Vampire

13 - Tessa

Oh oops, should we have included Tessa with the angels?

What do you guys think about the Trickster? I'm down for including Tessa on the grounds that she's a reaper (and ignoring the "she's an angel" retcon) but then can we also skip the "he's really the archangel Gabriel" retcon and include the Trickster as a Trickster/monster, too?

I'm just going to stick with this list....good questions but...I'd put both as "other".

Gordon Walker -- (hissssssss)
Dr Eleanor Visyak --  not so much
Edgar -- he needed to die

17 - Death
15 - Benny
15 - Dick Roman
15 - Rowena
15 - Eve
13 - Alpha Vampire
13 - Tessa

13 - Edgar
13 - Gordon Walker

13 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak

Oh oops, should we have included Tessa with the angels?

What do you guys think about the Trickster? I'm down for including Tessa on the grounds that she's a reaper (and ignoring the "she's an angel" retcon) but then can we also skip the "he's really the archangel Gabriel" retcon and include the Trickster as a Trickster/monster, too?

I didn't include Tessa with the angels because that was one episode and a retcon that destroyed everything we thought we knew about the character.  IMO, of course.  At least Gabriel was an angel for a couple of episodes before he died.  Also, it didn't eradicate what we knew about him previously.  He was the same character, but with a little more info.  Don't think we can say the same about Tessa.

We've already voted with Gabriel, so I'm not sure it would be fair to include him again as the Trickster.  ;-)

• Love 1

Hmm -- so many characters are I don't like or don't remember...

-- Rowena (ugh, just go away)

-- Dick Roman (sorry, he bored me)

-- Dr. Eleanor Visyak (eh)

19 - Death

17 - Benny

15 - Dick Roman

15 - Eve

13 - Rowena

13 - Alpha Vampire

13 - Tessa

13 - Edgar

13 - Gordon Walker

11 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak

Tessa -- (Because of what they did to her character in the end.  Loved her before that!)

If you're going to list Tessa as a monster and ignore the retcon that makes her an angel, then you should also ignore the retcon that ruined her character and ++ that beautiful reaper. :)  At least that's the logic I'm going to use.  Love me some Tessa.

++ Tessa

-- Benny

-- Dick Roman

19 - Death

15 - Tessa

15 - Benny

15 - Eve

13 - Dick Roman

13 - Rowena

13 - Alpha Vampire

13 - Edgar

13 - Gordon Walker

11 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak

++ Gordon Walker

-- Benny

-- Eve

19 - Death
15 - Benny
15 - Dick Roman
15 - Gordon Walker

13 - Alpha Vampire
13 - Tessa
13 - Edgar

11 - Eve

11 - Rowena
09 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak

DittyDotDot ignored my post :(  I upped Tessa and downed Dick and Benny.  Here's the updated list:

19 - Death
15 - Tessa

15 - Gordon Walker

13 - Benny
13 - Dick Roman
13 - Alpha Vampire
13 - Edgar
11 - Eve
11 - Rowena
09 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak

This is going to be a tough one for me. I can already see that my likes here are not going to be the norm. And there are so many I like, believe it or not.

And no Chet?  : (  Technically he was in 3 episodes. (I love Chet, even if he did cover someone in molten cheese and eat them. Okay maybe that was kind of awesome even if it was also horrible). Technically there's also Dick Roman's assistant, Susan and Dr. Gaines. That's a lot of leviathans for the list though.

-- Rowena

++ Dr Eleanor Visyak - ( I like Eleanor much more than Rowena)

++ Dick Roman - I like Dick

19 - Death
15 - Tessa

15 - Gordon Walker

15 - Dick Roman

13 - Benny
13 - Alpha Vampire
13 - Edgar
11 - Eve
11 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak

09 - Rowena

Edited by AwesomO4000

I thought about including more Leviathan.  Do we need more cannon fodder?

I like pretty much everyone for different reasons, but I gotta down vote somebody!

-- Bottom 3 (men -- they don't seem to get eliminated as quickly as the ladies....)

19 - Death
15 - Tessa
15 - Gordon Walker
15 - Dick Roman
11 - Benny
11 - Alpha Vampire
11 - Edgar
11 - Eve
11 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak
09 - Rowena

Edited by Demented Daisy

++ Death

-- Rowena

-- Dick (please be advised that under normal circumstances, I would never downvote dick (small d).)

21 - Death
15 - Tessa
15 - Gordon Walker
13 - Dick Roman
11 - Benny
11 - Alpha Vampire
11 - Edgar
11 - Eve
11 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak
07 - Rowena

AwesomeO & DementedDaisy....I'm including DD's downvotes because they didn't make it in as of the time of my voting:

++ Benny .... oh how I loved that monster

++ Alpha Vampire   ... I loved Rick Worthy in that role...I want him back!

-- Dick ....you gotta go you asshat...you killed Bobby!

21 - Death
15 - Tessa
15 - Gordon Walker
15 - Benny
13 - Alpha Vampire

11 - Dick Roman

11 - Edgar
09 - Eve
09 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak
05 - Rowena

No, I included my down votes.  This is AwesomO's vote count:

This is going to be a tough one for me. I can already see that my likes here are not going to be the norm. And there are so many I like, believe it or not.

And no Chet?  : (  Technically he was in 3 episodes. (I love Chet, even if he did cover someone in molten cheese and eat them. Okay maybe that was kind of awesome even if it was also horrible). Technically there's also Dick Roman's assistant, Susan and Dr. Gaines. That's a lot of leviathans for the list though.

-- Rowena

++ Dr Eleanor Visyak - ( I like Eleanor much more than Rowena)

++ Dick Roman - I like Dick

19 - Death
15 - Tessa

15 - Gordon Walker

15 - Dick Roman

13 - Benny
13 - Alpha Vampire
13 - Edgar
11 - Eve
11 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak

09 - Rowena

Then mine (bold votes were mine):

I thought about including more Leviathan.  Do we need more cannon fodder?

I like pretty much everyone for different reasons, but I gotta down vote somebody!

-- Bottom 3 (men -- they don't seem to get eliminated as quickly as the ladies....)

19 - Death
15 - Tessa
15 - Gordon Walker
15 - Dick Roman
11 - Benny
11 - Alpha Vampire
11 - Edgar

11 - Eve
11 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak
09 - Rowena

I think Benny should be at 13 (I voted him down to 11, but Sue voted him up).  I think these are the correct totals:

21 - Death
15 - Tessa
15 - Gordon Walker
13 - Benny
13 - Alpha Vampire
11 - Dick Roman
11 - Edgar
11 - Eve
11 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak
07 - Rowena

Edited by Demented Daisy

++ Tessa (Since Death seems to be holding his own without my help, thought I'd give my No. 2--and Death's too--a helping hand today)
++ Gordon Walker (Love to hate Gordon; love to hate!)
-- Eve (She really wasn't much of anything in the end)

21 - Death
17 - Tessa
17 - Gordon Walker
13 - Benny
13 - Alpha Vampire
11 - Dick Roman
11 - Edgar
11 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak

09 - Eve
07 - Rowena

It's all good, Sue.  :-)

-- Gordon  (I wish they had done more with him.)

-- Benny  (Same.)

-- Alpha  (Ditto.)

21 - Death
17 - Gordon Walker
17 - Tessa
11 - Benny
11 - Alpha Vampire
11 - Dick Roman
11 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak
07 - Edgar
05 - Eve
05 - Rowena

-- Gordon (too mindless in his bucket-o-crazy)

-- Benny (too many episodes)

++ Tessa (too perfect)

21 - Death
19 - Tessa

15 - Gordon Walker
11 - Alpha Vampire

11 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak

11 - Dick Roman

09 - Benny
07 - Edgar
05 - Eve
05 - Rowena

--- Eve

-- Dick Roman

++ Benny (one I really liked and should be higher IMO)

21 - Death
19 - Tessa

15 - Gordon Walker
11 - Alpha Vampire

11 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak

11 - Benny

09 - Dick Roman
07 - Edgar

05 - Rowena
03 - Eve

-- Eve

-- Eleanor

++ Benny (not enough episodes)

21 - Death

19 - Tessa

15 - Gordon Walker

13 - Benny

11 - Alpha Vampire

09 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak

09 - Dick Roman

07 - Edgar

05 - Rowena

01 - Eve

Edited by catrox14

Then mine (bold votes were mine):

D'oh! I thought that "men--they don't seem to get eliminated as quickly as the ladies" was a whole statement, and that "-- Bottom 3" was your vote. I didn't even bother looking at the bottom 3 men to check for your vote.

-- Rowena

-- Edgar (I liked Chet better. Okay I'll shut up about Chet now.)

++ Dick Roman

21 - Death

19 - Tessa

15 - Gordon Walker

13 - Benny

11 - Alpha Vampire

11 - Dick Roman

09 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak

05 - Edgar

03 - Rowena

01 - Eve

Edited by AwesomO4000

I admire your commitment to Chet, AwesomeO

-- Eve 
-- Gordon
++ Benny

Oh Eve..., you could have been so much more. I'm okay with using dragons to get you back, that was kinda cool.  And I like the episode where you made Jefferson Starships and then died.  But... you sort of came and went too quickly without enough of a buildup.  So your death was kinda 'meh'.  Although bonus points for driving the whole Phoenix ash plot cause that was cool.  

21 - Death
19 - Tessa
15 - Benny

13 - Gordon Walker

11 - Alpha Vampire
11 - Dick Roman
09 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak
05 - Edgar
03 - Rowena

Slicing and Dicing in Purgatory Baby!

Eve -- and probably still laying eggs.....(Just sayin', that was her thing)

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

++ Gordon Walker

-- Dr. Eleanor Visyak
-- Rowena

21 - Death
19 - Tessa
15 - Benny

15 - Gordon Walker

11 - Alpha Vampire
11 - Dick Roman
09 - Dr. Eleanor Visyak