Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E06: Week 6: Spring Break

• Start Topic

Syncronicity was brought into cheer routines precisely for the Roberts of the world. "Hey I can throw my towel at the same time as Nastia, I must be good"  except no, you're not. It proves nothing in terms of rhythm and musicality.  Oh but they're all on time. First graders can do that.  Actual dancing is something else all together.

Edited by Andiethewestie

BBM. You actually can't have synchronization among dancers without rhythm. It would be near impossible to have a synchronized dance if the dancers lacked rhythm.

I'm not sure I agree with that.  Synchronicity can be achieved through timing and other visual or hearing cues. If you can count or recognize verbal (musical) cues, you can be synchronized with other dancers.  You may not look all that great doing it  - I think a sense of rhythm is important for fluidity - but I do think someone without rhythm could be synchronized through other means.

• Love 1

This thread just shows how tastes differ and that's why there is a disagreement about judges' scores.  People look at different things.  As I previously posted, I was disappointed in both of the teams this season so I didn't mind a tie.  Last season, I preferred Time Warp over Itsy Bitsy because I did think it was more entertaining.  Even if they might not have been as synchronized, it didn't look messy either.  So I thought Time Warp should have won.  However, I definitely preferred Call Me Maybe over Gangnam.  The latter was a hot mess.  Call Me Maybe had a lot of cheerleading moves but they also had a lot of cha-cha moves.  Technique-wise, Melissa, Sabrina, Shawn, and Apolo were also better than the other team.  Also Peta put that vulgar upside down split move that I hate.

Edited by realdancemom
  • Love 2