Type keyword(s) to search

S30: Ponderosa

• Start Topic

Rodney--it is stupid to piss off an entire state, especially one with a lot of people.

Texas has large densely populated cities and small rural towns. I initially did not want to move to Texas due to stereotypes but now I can't imagine living in any other state (I totally get the love and pride for Texas). I love the independent spirit of the people and the state in general. I also love New York, Maryland, Florida, California, Utah and so many other fabulous states~in fact I haven't been to a state that I didn't like. However, I only want to live in Texas. I like the saying "I wasn't born in Texas but got here as fast as I could".

My breakdown of the big cities in TX:

Austin is a college town/city~a party town that supports "weird" (keep it weird). Decent music scene and a great city overall but the traffic sucks! San Antonio is a great place to raise a family. Small town feel (slow) but it is actually a big city. Dallas & Houston are more cosmopolitain.

Texas: everything is bigger and better here;-) Fiercely independent and proud.

• Love 2

I'm not defending Rodney exactly, but to be fair, he may only hear what the politicians in Texas are saying on the news, which is pretty nutty. I live in Oklahoma, and our politicians are even more embarrassing, so I can relate. Texas is a great place to visit though, Dallas is a particularly fun city, although, they should just rename it "Under Construction", even GPS is confused getting around there.

• Love 2

No one will ever make me believe Rodney has ever watched the news, much less listened to anything political.  He's bitter & ignorant, and not just about Texas. 

• Love 5

If you guys want to talk about states that get made fun of...I'm from New Jersey :) I love it here, and I have very few (if any) complaints about the state. But there's always someone clever that wants to remind me that I live in what they consider to be the nation's armpit.

• Love 3

If you guys want to talk about states that get made fun of...I'm from New Jersey :) I love it here, and I have very few (if any) complaints about the state. But there's always someone clever that wants to remind me that I live in what they consider to be the nation's armpit.

I have family that live in NJ (North Brunswick) and NYC, and they love it!  I don't think they'll ever live anywhere else.  I'm a Western NY girl, so while I love the country life and wide open spaces, it is nice to go somewhere a little more exciting for a weekend every now and then.  On the flip side, they also enjoy getting away to somewhere a little less hectic and peaceful, but I know they love going home, too.

• Love 1

In Jenn's Ponderosa vid, we saw Hali at the end writing a song about 'Merica and resurrecting the idea for a Ponderosa band.  We never saw any other clips related to that, but from Tyler's IG it looks like they actually put a music video idea together:

https://instagram.com/p/3-LFgOPNoq/

https://instagram.com/p/3_0bqPPNga/

Even at Ponderosa, they couldn't even show anything fun with this season lol I would have loved to have seen this come about.

I lived in Texas for several years, and fell in love. I'm a Austin/San Antonio lover, personally (and really the central/southern part of Texas).  Didn't care for Houston or the Dallas/FW cities--- to big and generic feeling.  I'm back home in NC (really, the best place on Earth :) ) but Texas will always be my second favorite state. 

I just saw Jeff Varners twitter thank you picture courtesy of Dalton Ross. I notice in the background all of these orange tents. I sincerely hope that isn't Ponderosa?! I know they usually start there for briefing for about a week before the game. If that's the case, this Ponderosa ain't gonna be very cushy.