Type keyword(s) to search

Stitchers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I forgot all about this series until I saw it on the DVR. I watched the episode but this is a boring show. I'll keep recording it & play it as background noise because there's nothing else on I watch then, but I don't care about it at all.

If I were Kirsten, I don't care that the NSA guy is a hurting father, we need a little give and take before I stitch into your son.  Dude has been nothing but an ass the entire time and NOW I am supposed to help with no promises being made to keep my team together or anything?  Nope.

And I was right.  The team got nothing out of doing the son's stitch other than feeling like they were good people.

Kirsten was just lucky that there happened to be a photo she could focus enough on the recognize the SecDef and use that info.  Wow.  What a coincidence!  ?

Kirsten cheesed me off when she slapped Cameron too.  I get she's upset but she needs to realize that everyone in that room was quarantined the entire time she was stuck in that stitch and would have been forever detained until she came out.  Gee.  Kirsten didn't bother to think that maybe those people had lives, important things to do that didn't have anything to do with her retreating into a false fantasy world?  Hell, poor Linus not only missed his father's passing but also his funeral!  Maybe he deserves to slap Kirsten for that one.

I have no idea what Dad was doing by sticking her in that stitch.  Did he want her to die?  I think Dad is a grade A asshole.  Maybe not.  Maybe I missed something.  Maybe I forgot something in the year it's been off.  Anyone have any idea?

• Love 5

What happened to the "condition" Kristen had? They haven't mentioned it once, is it gone? without the condition, isn't she just like everyone else?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, GaT said:

What happened to the "condition" Kristen had? They haven't mentioned it once, is it gone? without the condition, isn't she just like everyone else?

Didn't she have some kind of breakthrough last season in a stitch?  Like she came out of one and could, all if the sudden, be normal?

(edited)
7 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

Didn't she have some kind of breakthrough last season in a stitch?  Like she came out of one and could, all if the sudden, be normal?

I now know she suddenly started getting emotions, but what about all the other stuff, like not being able to track time? The character they started with in season 1 was someone who was different. Now she's just like anybody else, so why would she be the lead character?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GaT said:

I now she suddenly started getting emotions, but what about all the other stuff, like not being able to track time? The character they started with in season 1 was someone who was different. Now she's just like anybody else, so why would she be the lead character?

Agreed.  Totally different person.  I liked her with the quirks.

It had to do with Kirsten being stitched into Cameron, who was only Mostly Dead, and they both came out of it with a personality change. Her time aphasia was cured (which, incidentally, was revealed to have started because her bio dad stitched her into her unconscious mother) and Cameron became less uptight. I suspect Freeform had handed the producers some notes between seasons 1 and 2 about how their two main characters were kind of unlikeable and hard to relate to.

The personality change was welcome in Cameron (because he'd previously been a huge pill) but I liked Kirsten just fine the way she was before.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Destiny74 said:

Agreed.  Totally different person.  I liked her with the quirks.

4 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

The personality change was welcome in Cameron (because he'd previously been a huge pill) but I liked Kirsten just fine the way she was before.

Also, I liked her pulled back ponytail that she had all through the first season. During the second season they did all sorts of strange crap like parting it on the side, & now her hair is down except for when she's stitching. The hairstyle made her different, now she's just another blonde. They took a quirky, interesting character, & made her generic. What's the point? 

• Love 3

I can't believe they made up some lame reason why Cameron & Kristen can't have sex. 

Is Maggie gone now? 

None of these people have the same personality traits now that they did when the series started, and wasn't Kristen's "condition" the thing that made her perfect for stitching? Now that it's gone, why is she still the only one who stitches?

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, GaT said:

wasn't Kristen's "condition" the thing that made her perfect for stitching? Now that it's gone, why is she still the only one who stitches?

I think that was the original assumption, but it was later revealed that Kirsten's father had conditioned her for it since she was a child, so that's probably the real reason she is able to do it.

43 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

I think that was the original assumption, but it was later revealed that Kirsten's father had conditioned her for it since she was a child, so that's probably the real reason she is able to do it.

They must have come up with that after they decided to cure her.

• Love 1

Good gracious.   I realize that I am too old to watch this show, but I love murder mysteries in the summer.   (Perhaps I should just switch to Forensic Files and Dateline.)   That said, has the focus of this show changed from solving crimes and intrigue to pure romance.   I don't want endless dates and mooning over if a couple is going to hold hands/ kiss/ etc.  Now, I'm going to go chase some kids off my lawn and enjoy a Metamucil before I get ready for the 3 PM early bird special.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, MortysCleaningLady said:

Good gracious.   I realize that I am too old to watch this show, but I love murder mysteries in the summer.   (Perhaps I should just switch to Forensic Files and Dateline.)   That said, has the focus of this show changed from solving crimes and intrigue to pure romance.   I don't want endless dates and mooning over if a couple is going to hold hands/ kiss/ etc.  Now, I'm going to go chase some kids off my lawn and enjoy a Metamucil before I get ready for the 3 PM early bird special.

If you chase those kids off your lawn they're just going to come over to mine!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MortysCleaningLady said:

Ha!  There is a middle ground.  I understand to keep the younguns the show needs to focus some on romance but when the show changes so much it is unrecognizable from what interested me from the start.   Plus keeping a couple apart with increasingly stupid and insane reasons is tiresome.

• Love 6
(edited)

Well, it was obvious who the villain was, but I guess I should be glad there was an actual case.

I remember really liking Camille with Ravi Linus & how his parents interacted with her, so of course, they kill off Ravi's Linus' father & make Camille a lesbian.

Edited by GaT
Because Ravi isn't even on this show, DUH
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/27/2017 at 2:03 AM, GaT said:

I remember really liking Camille with Ravi & how his parents interacted with her, so of course, they kill off Ravi's father & make Camille a lesbian.

Well, perhaps the actor who played Ravi's Linus' father had a better gig and asked to leave. I don't know if it was simply a planned change by the showrunner. As far as Camille being a lesbian, I have my doubts. Perhaps she just happens to click with the M.E. and she just goes with her feelings. I thought Camille enjoyed being with Ravi, Linus, and I always thought she was attracted to Fisher and was sort of circling around him. There are so many LGBT characters on T.V. shows, that it just doesn't phase me.  Look at Alex (Chyler Leigh) on "Supergirl", once thought to be interested only in men, she's now in a loving relationship with a female cop. (who actually may be leaving the show, so who knows who she'll move on to next) They're just actors playing characters in a make-believe world, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Jacks-Son

LOL, you're right. I just went by the previous poster's use of the name Ravi.  His name is Linus. "Ravi", is a character's name in "iZombie". And NO, Brown people don't ALL look alike. I should know. :-) 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Isn't his name, Linus, though?

LOL, that was me, I watch iZombie so that's where I got the name. I must have been thinking about the IZombie season finale when I typed that.I'm going to fix my post.

I was the last person who posted in this thread, & that was back on 6/28. If they keep having episodes as boring as tonight's was, it's no wonder.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GaT said:

I was the last person who posted in this thread, & that was back on 6/28. If they keep having episodes as boring as tonight's was, it's no wonder.

That's funny, I came to this forum earlier to comment on yesterday's episode and figuratively saw the tumbleweeds blowing by. Speak of ghost town's!  However, I came here to give props to the writers because contrary to your opinion, I thought this was an excellent episode. Sure, it didn't have the usual team effort of solving the crime, but the mystery Kirsten was trying to solve was written very inventively. I had known from the episode's description that the murder victim was Autistic, but to see how Kristen solved it was fascinating to me. I've worked with Autistic children in the past, and knew how little things became the objects of focus. What problem(s) did you have with the episode other than it being boring? 

p.s. I sort of scoured forum web sites to talk about this episode and the only one I've found, besides this one, is the one run by Freeform. So, when I ask what problems you had with this episode, I'm asking a serious question because we seem to be the only two people around who are willing to discuss it.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

That's funny, I came to this forum earlier to comment on yesterday's episode and figuratively saw the tumbleweeds blowing by. Speak of ghost town's!  However, I came here to give props to the writers because contrary to your opinion, I thought this was an excellent episode. Sure, it didn't have the usual team effort of solving the crime, but the mystery Kirsten was trying to solve was written very inventively. I had known from the episode's description that the murder victim was Autistic, but to see how Kristen solved it was fascinating to me. I've worked with Autistic children in the past, and knew how little things became the objects of focus. What problem(s) did you have with the episode other than it being boring? 

p.s. I sort of scoured forum web sites to talk about this episode and the only one I've found, besides this one, is the one run by Freeform. So, when I ask what problems you had with this episode, I'm asking a serious question because we seem to be the only two people around who are willing to discuss it.

Being bored was pretty much it. I found nothing interesting about this episode at all. I've said it before, but if there was anything else on, I would be watching that instead. 

• Love 1

Oh, sorry to hear that. I'm really not the target audience for Freeform shows, but I do like SciFi and Fantasy shows. However, with the lack of press and positive receptions, I fear this show may soon be cancelled. That's too bad because I've seen a couple of the actors in other shows and I was sort of hoping they would have work. Maybe they'll come up with some more interesting episodes to keep your attention.

16 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Personally, they should've focused more on the case, because it felt too nonchalant with the way they were handling the bottle episode, it lacked any sense of urgency until the tail end of the episode.  They could've done more of an 'Inception' type of dream within a dream with Kirsten trying to figure out what's real or not real.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's difficult to imagine working more on the case when the evidence pointed to an already solved case and they couldn't remember the current case. True, most of the work in solving the case came out towards the end, but they, well Kirsten really, was working with her hands tied behind her back. Most of the clues were obscure and it took her a while to figure out that what Cameron was saying about his life was unknown to her and it was really the murder victim's life. I do have a question though; was Cameron's reveal of his knowledge about her, really Kirsten's own knowledge being reflected?

I found this recap at Freeform's web site:  http://freeform.go.com/shows/stitchers/news/did-you-solve-the-mystery-get-all-the-clues-in-the-season-3-episode-7-recap

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

It's difficult to imagine working more on the case when the evidence pointed to an already solved case and they couldn't remember the current case. True, most of the work in solving the case came out towards the end, but they, well Kirsten really, was working with her hands tied behind her back. Most of the clues were obscure and it took her a while to figure out that what Cameron was saying about his life was unknown to her and it was really the murder victim's life. I do have a question though; was Cameron's reveal of his knowledge about her, really Kirsten's own knowledge being reflected?

I found this recap at Freeform's web site:  http://freeform.go.com/shows/stitchers/news/did-you-solve-the-mystery-get-all-the-clues-in-the-season-3-episode-7-recap

The whole episode could've been a big puzzle for her to solve.  It's not difficult to imagine if there's some creativity like there has been with other bottle episodes from other shows that utilizes the concept.

Like I said before, it's so nonchalant the way they handled it.

It's lacking any real tension, it's pretty much running out the clock on her drama until the bottle episode could end.

There's not really much to discuss with this show, there's a reason why it's been so quiet for weeks.

It was Kirsten facing her own issues when she was trapped in the autistic kid's head for a while, which they could've used to reveal her family storylines that they've been dragging out for 3 seasons now.

Edited by Free
27 minutes ago, Free said:

It was Kirsten facing her own issues when she was trapped in the autistic kid's head for a while, which they could've used to reveal her family storylines that they've been dragging out for 3 seasons now.

Yes, you're right.  For the past few weeks it really has been relationship stuff, which is fine in moderation, but they've been focusing too much on them. I agree with some of the viewers that the loss of Kirsten's Temporal Dysplasia problem somehow took some of the fun out of the show. There are still some unresolved issues that could be explored more like what is Stinger's endgame and why has Kirsten's mother been in isolation for so long. Also, why would Stinger try to get Kirsten to believe in him when he not only experimented on her, but also used Liam to spy on her.  Hell, Camille was originally used to spy on her also.  The show has some cast members that have been in other much more prominent series and are kind of being wasted here, the writers just need to focus less on the love connections and focus more on some of the arcs they've started.

• Love 2
On 7/25/2017 at 2:46 AM, GaT said:

I don't know -- I liked the premise that she couldn't actually see through the victim's eyes, but, that said, forensics would have been able to resolve it fairly quickly.  (Carbon monoxide cause of death, some rigor for the Rubik's Cube, known autistic).

15 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Yes, you're right.  For the past few weeks it really has been relationship stuff, which is fine in moderation, but they've been focusing too much on them. I agree with some of the viewers that the loss of Kirsten's Temporal Dysplasia problem somehow took some of the fun out of the show. There are still some unresolved issues that could be explored more like what is Stinger's endgame and why has Kirsten's mother been in isolation for so long. Also, why would Stinger try to get Kirsten to believe in him when he not only experimented on her, but also used Liam to spy on her.  Hell, Camille was originally used to spy on her also.  The show has some cast members that have been in other much more prominent series and are kind of being wasted here, the writers just need to focus less on the love connections and focus more on some of the arcs they've started.

Agreed, Kirsten's condition has been relatively downplayed compared to before and even her family subplot is still being dragged out.

12 minutes ago, Free said:

Agreed, Kirsten's condition has been relatively downplayed compared to before and even her family subplot is still being dragged out.

Downplayed? Supposedly she was cured, so it's no longer an issue.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Downplayed? Supposedly she was cured, so it's no longer an issue.

It played a part with the subplot of her family storylines, which is still ongoing hence why it was brought up in this episode.

What I would like clarified is the original reason Kirsten, with her Temporal Dysplasia, was the ideal candidate for Stitching, yet she has now lost that unique condition and is still considered the ideal candidate. Why?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

What I would like clarified is the original reason Kirsten, with her Temporal Dysplasia, was the ideal candidate for Stitching, yet she has now lost that unique condition and is still considered the ideal candidate. Why?

Yeah, because that was a pretty integral part of the series to begin with.

15 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

3 hours ago, Free said:

Yeah, because that was a pretty integral part of the series to begin with.

This was explained, I thought, as they THOUGHT that the Temporal Dysplasia was the reason for her being the ideal candidate for stitching, but really whatever experiments her dad did on her is what made her able to stitch.  Or something.  Honestly, I don't pay much attention to this show anymore.  I like it enough to have in the background while I do other stuff but the overarching storyline I'm a bit lost on.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, GenL said:

This was explained, I thought, as they THOUGHT that the Temporal Dysplasia was the reason for her being the ideal candidate for stitching, but really whatever experiments her dad did on her is what made her able to stitch.  Or something.  Honestly, I don't pay much attention to this show anymore.  I like it enough to have in the background while I do other stuff but the overarching storyline I'm a bit lost on.

Yeah, that was part of the ongoing storyline with her family that they pretty much strung along for 3 seasons.

Didn't she get series regular credits? I thought I saw her name as a regular. Salli Richardson-Whitfield is a pretty popular actress. She, along with John Billingsley, probably have the most acting credits. Allison Scagliotti probably is next in line since she was a regular on "Warehouse 13".  Ms. Whitfield probably gets other acting gigs especially as no one knows if "Stitichers" will get renewed or not.  I haven't seen C. Thomas Howell in much lately either.

This was sort of a sad episode. I hated to see Arlene carted away for murder, but she did kill two people regardless of her motive.  She didn't want her husband to go insane and ironically he most likely will descend into despair without her.

p.s. I took a look at Billingsly's IMDB page and I was surprised to find that he's married to Bonita Friedericy (General Beckman) of "Chuck" fame.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 1

I have just binged this show.  It makes me happy even though it isn't the most thought provoking show that I have ever watched.  I have enjoyed how the relationships between Linus and Camille as well as Camille and Kirsten have changed and grown, the general nerdiness of Cameron, Camille's sass, and Camsten.

I realize that the oxytocin filter was a plot device but it could have been built up a little more.  Or the resolution could have been more exciting.  

I keep on wondering if Kirsten is annoyed that she got knocked off her PhD track and if Camille will ever complete her PhD.  I also keep on wondering their thought process for casting Ivy.  The actress always seems like she is Emma Ishta's little sister, not senior to her in any way.

I am interested in what happens in the finale and if this show will get renewed.  I hope the actors continue to work on Stitchers or find work on other shows.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Isn't Ivy younger than Kirsten? Same father, different mothers, or so I thought.

I can't say with certainty, but I do think Stinger was married to Ivy's mom first.  So I think Ivy is supposed to be older, though I'm guessing not by much.   I really don't like the relationship between Camille and the ME.  It just feels way to quick.  And ok, I admit I'm a Camille/Fisher shipper so that my color my judgement a bit.  I do like that Camille and Linus have a strong friendship after being together.  I really don't care for the hints of Fisher/Maggie either.  Though I adore Maggie, I'm just not seeing her having a relationship with someone who is technically her subordinate. 

Confession, I don't like Kirsten or Cameron.  I watch for the others.

• Love 1

I've always thought that Camille and Fisher were on the cusp of a relationship. I haven't seen the last episode but I thought Camille and the M.E. were done. If they rekindled their relationship I wouldn't know about that.

Kirsten and Cameron are okay by me, even though he's way too dorky for her. Perhaps that's what she needs. I'm not a big Linus fan. He's too much of a sensitive, needy kind of guy. I love Camille, well Alison, but on here she's too pushy and disdainful of others. She needs to mellow out. Her comment to the M.E. that broke them up WAS kind of snobby and pathetic. No one needs that from a relationship.

Maggie and Fisher are adults, the others are just kids. Maggie WITH Fisher? Nah, I can't see that. I liked her relationship on Eureka with the Sheriff. On "Stitchers", I can't see her with anyone of the current cast members.

• Love 1

Isn't Ivy younger than Kirsten? Same father, different mothers, or so I thought.

I can't say with certainty, but I do think Stinger was married to Ivy's mom first. 

I too believe that Stinger was first married to Ivy's mother so it would only make sense that Ivy is older.

Maggie and Fisher are adults, the others are just kids. Maggie WITH Fisher? Nah, I can't see that. I liked her relationship on Eureka with the Sheriff. On "Stitchers", I can't see her with anyone of the current cast members.

I can't really see Maggie with any of the other characters either but in the latest episode they really seemed to be pushing her and Fisher.  It felt a little weird.  If the show must showcase relationships, I think I would rather have Fisher with Camille as they have laid the groundwork with an established friendship that exists outside of work.

• Love 1
On 8/9/2017 at 9:54 PM, Impish Dragon said:

I really don't care for the hints of Fisher/Maggie either.  Though I adore Maggie, I'm just not seeing her having a relationship with someone who is technically her subordinate.

Hmm, I finally saw the episode and I see where you're coming from. I believe that might be a red herring though. The conversation in her office seemed a little intimate, especially with the dialogue and the look backs at Maggie. I don't know, I think he was just thinking about how much he enjoys working with the team and Maggie. He likes being valued, who doesn't. I think he'll miss that. The shared drinks at the end while his S.O was waiting for his phone call, could be just a reaction to their near death experience. I need to see something that can't be misconstrued. However, I still wouldn't want them together.  TPTB have put this made up drama in his life for some nefarious reason, I just hope it's not to hook him and Maggie up.

As for Camille and Amanda, I think Camille owes Amanda a real apology not just a song sung for her. It was too easy for them to just get back together. How about talking to each other and finding out what went wrong. To just show up, sing a song, and then kiss each other, it's just not very realistic. After I've wronged a woman, she usually made me go through Hell before she would accept me back in her life and visa versa. I know, this is television, but you've got to throw in a feeling of reality if you want to sell the story.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, Linus is an idiot. You don't accidentally register your friend to be a "Hitwoman". This, coming from a computer genius?? The show is definitely dumbing down his character in some instances. I know of no registration process that automatically registers you just because you filled in the last field. That's ridiculous.

I REALLY hate Maggie's wig and Fisher walks like he has a stick stuck up down there. He really has an odd gate.  Every time I look at Ivy, I see Sophia Vergara (only in the face, definitely NOT the body) they both seem to have a similarly shaped face.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

TPTB have put this made up drama in his life for some nefarious reason

That's their go to drama, hence why each season so far has ended with a main character in 'danger'.

7 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

WTH??? Everything was going fine until the last few minutes.  I can accept the pseudo-memory loss, but the pretend memory-loss vow to the unseen person just throws the whole shit out of whack.

8 hours ago, GaT said:

So that happened. A meh ending to a meh season.

Anything to throw a last minute drama into the mix, the memory loss trope is annoying.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Scott said:

But is it a drama that anyone actually cares about?  I usually hate unresolved cliffhangers, but I'd be fine with this show going away and never being heard from again.

No one really cares and everyone knows it won't last so there's no real tension so the cliffhangers have never worked on the show.