Type keyword(s) to search

Prue Halliwell

Do you love her? Hate her? Somewhere in between?! She's a polarizing character, so any and all opinions are encouraged! 

On one hand, I completely understand why many had trouble warming up to her or even flat out disliked her. She was very often the perpetually annoyed killjoy of the group, and Shannen Doherty has a clipped sort of delivery that can make her characters seem bitchier (er, witchier?!)  than may be intended. 

I actually loved her, though, and she's the character who actually improves most for me with rewatch. I love that she was so serious and emotionally guarded, both because I relate to more serious semi-introverted characters and because I thought it was an ideal contrast to Early Season Phoebe's cheery, free-spirited impulsiveness. While I liked Paige, I thought she was kind of all over the place as a character and often written as kind of indistinguishable from Phoebe. It also seemed like Paige's presence as the new youngest sister forced Piper into the disapproving, put upon older sister role that I thought Prue/Shannen was a more natural fit for and took away some of what I loved about Piper's character in earlier seasons.

I find Prue was a great mixture of strengths and flaws, and I totally bought her as smart and layered with an inner life (not a given on this or any other CW-ish show!) I thought she had a sly sense of humor and 'she gets it' insight that saved her from being too much of the tightass killjoy, and I never doubted that she loved her sisters like crazy. I greatly appreciated that she seemed the least man-obsessed, can't-be-fulfilled-on-any-level-unless-I'm-dating-someone of all four Halliwells. I also really liked her dynamic with Andy...maybe they're now back together in a different realm :) 

• Love 3

I love Prue and Shannen Doherty. I actually first started watching Charmed because I saw a commercial featuring Shannen - who at the time I knew as Brenda from 90210 - and I wanted to watch Charmed solely because of her inclusion. She quickly became my favorite sister.

I never saw Prue as rude or snippy. She seemed like a woman who knew want she wanted and wasn't afraid to go after it. You could also tell she was forced to grow up too fast because of her mother's death and having to be a surrogate mother figure for her sisters. I really liked how the show explored Prue's resentment (that's probably not the best word choice) of always having to be the "responsible one"  during Piper's wedding episode. That her astral self would go and have fun and experience the freedom that Prue denied herself was an interesting idea, and one that I understand more now that I'm working a 9-5 in a government office. 

Speaking of 9-5 jobs, one of the moments that I thought Prue showed just how strong she was was leaving her cushy job at Bucklands to go after her dream to be a photographer. Yes, to me, that takes even more strength than risking her life fighting demons. It seemed like such an "un-Prue" like thing for her to do, but simultaneously made perfect sense for fearless Prue to follow her passions wherever they may lead her.

I really wish we could have seen some sort of alternate universe episode - maybe like Centennial Charmed with Paige going to a world where Prue never died, so they could meet - to see a post season 3 Prue. I would love to see how her Telekinesis and Astral Projection powers would have grown and what third power she would have developed. I also think Prue would have admired and been proud to meet her new baby sister.

Lastly, I know some Charmed fans hated how Prue died and felt it was a disservice to the character, but I thought she had an honorable death. She died in what I would consider one of the strongest episodes of Charmed ever, and she did so by sacrificing herself to save an innocent - although the innocent still died. I couldn't think of a more heroic or memorable death for such a great character.

• Love 5

I love Prue and Shannen Doherty. I actually first started watching Charmed because I saw a commercial featuring Shannen - who at the time I knew as Brenda from 90210 - and I wanted to watch Charmed solely because of her inclusion. She quickly became my favorite sister.

Same here, I was so excited to see her back on tv!

Lastly, I know some Charmed fans hated how Prue died and felt it was a disservice to the character, but I thought she had an honorable death. She died in what I would consider one of the strongest episodes of Charmed ever, and she did so by sacrificing herself to save an innocent - although the innocent still died. I couldn't think of a more heroic or memorable death for such a great character.

I don't mean to sound dim, but that episode really confused me.  I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but I recall that Piper died and they somehow went back in time, thus saving Piper.  It wasn't clear to me, though, that Prue died at the end.  What was I missing???

• Love 1

I recall that Piper died and they somehow went back in time, thus saving Piper.  It wasn't clear to me, though, that Prue died at the end.  What was I missing???

The timeline was altered slightly due to Phoebe not being at the top of the stairs to read the spell to vanquish Shax and make it easier for Leo to save Piper & Prue.  Much of the action (Leo, Phoebe & Cole escaping the Underworld )  took place off screen, but infers that while they escaped as fast as they could once they realized they were tricked, the delay caused Leo to choose which sister to save - Piper was supposedly less injured than Prue and not as far gone.  Piper later tells him he should have tried to save Prue instead of her and accused him of saving her only because she was his wife. 

Despite the bad blood between SD and TPTB, she had a better "character death" than most (see Professor Arturo on "Sliders" for more reference) since the writers could have really put her through hell onscreen if they wanted to.

I really wish we could have seen some sort of alternate universe episode - maybe like Centennial Charmed with Paige going to a world where Prue never died, so they could meet

I would have loved this - and it could have been one of the ways SD could have revisited Charmed.  One of the suggestions at the time was the alternate reality created in "Deja Vu All Over Again" - a reality in which Prue lost both her sisters, or one in which Piper and Phoebe were never born.

She also could have made a visit in "Death Becomes Them", in which Zankou has Prue brought back the same way he brought back Phoebe's boyfriend and Inspector Reese.  Imagine how devastating it would have been for Piper and Phoebe to find themselves battling Zombie!Prue and having her constantly blaming them for letting her die.

It goes without saying that I had hoped SD would make another appearance on the series - even if it was the finale, but it was not to be.

• Love 2

When my best friend and I were watching the finale, she was absolutely positive that Prue would have been in one of the pictures on the stairs. As the camera kept panning, she just kept saying, "Wait for it, just wait for it, they'll show her" and was very surprised when they didn't. She assumed the ending (Piper's granddaughter closing the front door with her telekinesis) was supposed to be some kind of tribute, but didn't each season end with the manor door closing by magic?

When my best friend and I were watching the finale, she was absolutely positive that Prue would have been in one of the pictures on the stairs. As the camera kept panning, she just kept saying, "Wait for it, just wait for it, they'll show her" and was very surprised when they didn't. She assumed the ending (Piper's granddaughter closing the front door with her telekinesis) was supposed to be some kind of tribute, but didn't each season end with the manor door closing by magic?

All but Season 6 (they closed the hospital doors instead via magic). 

I really hate that SD never allowed the show to use her likiness etc (really to the point where I was like. RECAST PRUE! but then I would have been mad because i Loved SD as Prue). 

• Love 1

I really love Prue. She's the sister that I'm the most different from but she also may be the one I look up to the most. Her relationships with both of her sisters are so great and reflect so well on who she is. Her protectiveness and overdeveloped sense of responsibility makes so much sense when you think about how their mom died when they were young.

I read somewhere that people think Prue is too serious but I like serious characters and thought she was a great counterpoint to Phoebe. Shannen Dougherty played the part in a way that gave Prue depth and I like her intensity. I also think she's funnier than some people think she is though. She's really clever and witty and actually laughs a lot with her sisters. The best is that even though she can be prideful and is very confident she can laugh at herself a lot too.  

What do people think about her career at Bucklands and in photography? At first I couldn't see her as an arty and creative type but now I like that her jobs showed that side of her. It seems like there's a part of her that's sentimental. I could see her caring even more than her sisters about the history of their family and saving old photos. 

I liked her and Andy and love the idea someone had about them solving mysteries in supernatural worlds. Her relationships with her sisters mean more to me though. It still disappoints me so much that we never got to see her with Paige. I said somewhere else that I think of Paige as a combination of Prue and Phoebe and would have loved to see their relationship. Do people think they would have been close? 

(really to the point where I was like. RECAST PRUE! but then I would have been mad because i Loved SD as Prue).

Same with me. I wanted Prue to stay because I loved her but if she were played by a different actress it just wouldn't be Prue at all. 

• Love 2

I do think Shannen D. speaks in this clipped, terse way that can make her sound more prickly than is probably intended, but I, too, love Prue and agree with pretty much everything you wrote. And I can't imagine anyone other than SD playing her! She just gives this Prue this genuine spirit, toughness and 'I'm going to do my own thing and honestly don't care whether you approve or not' confidence that helps make the character so awesome. 

I also love her relationship with Phoebe more than any other relationship on the show ---maybe more than almost any other TV sibling relationship, come to think of it. Prue and Piper had a relationship that was probably closer or at least easier and they certainly shared a lot of sweet moments that I love watching, but there's just something about watching Phoebe and Prue love and support each other despite their personality differences and past issues. I know that Prue leaving probably has very little (read: nothing!) to do with the reasons I went from absolutely loving Phoebe in the first few seasons to borderline disliking her for most of the rest of the series, but I do like to imagine how Prue would snark and roll her eyes over some of Phoebe's later season choices. As pawneerangers noted, Prue may SEEM like the most cold and least emotional/compassionate/etc. sister, but she actually has a huge heart and is arguably the most loyal, devoted, selfless etc. of all the Halliwells when it comes to the people she loves.   And I'd love to have seen Prue's reaction to Cole going evil---AGAIN!---in S4 :) 

Shannen Dougherty played the part in a way that gave Prue depth and I like her intensity. I also think she's funnier than some people think she is though. She's really clever and witty and actually laughs a lot with her sisters. The best is that even though she can be prideful and is very confident she can laugh at herself a lot too.

Prue is really funny! I love her snark. And, yes, she does smile and laugh a lot for someone so supposedly 'uptight' :) (For the record, I really relate to said uptightness! I always love the line where Prue says something to the effect of, "Of course I'm worried---it's who I am and what I do!") 

Now I'm feeling the need to go rewatch some of my favorite Prue episodes yet again. Don't even ask how often I've watched Which Prue Is It Anyway, Deja Vu All Over Again, Sin Francisco (easily one of my favorite episodes of the whole series!) and the sublime Primrose Empath...   

Prue was my favorite, easily. There's a lot about the first episode that didn't work but it also had a vibe to it that I preferred and wish the show had kept; but the best part is Prue and Shannen Doherty. She was so emotionally complex and intense (the first few times her powers manifested were awesome) and I related to the way she reacted to learning about magic. Being able to move things and cast spells is great but once you add in homicidal demons and the responsibility of saving strangers (and even the world), suddenly a 9 to 5 looks more appealing. Phoebe's eagerness was understandable, even charming in the beginning, but I was with Prue all the way.

I never understood why the fandom struggled with her. (Or I have my suspicions but that's for another thread.)

• Love 4

Originally, I didn't hate Prue, but I also didn't really like her that much. Probably because when the show started I was closer to Phoebe's age and I found a lot of her treatment to be really off-putting. Phoebe was 21 and we never saw her come home drunk or have lots of parties. She didn't sleep all day and leave her dirty dishes all over the house. For all of Prue's shitty comments about Phoebe's terrible behavior, she could've been a thousand times worse. Prue just came off as a mean kill-joy. On rewatch, I liked her character in the first/second season, but not the third. I was a lot more understanding of her motivations and her behavior didn't bug me as much. This time through, I'm older than Prue and she mostly seems to be annoyed because she has to be the responsible one. Also, she should never have left Bucklands. It allowed plot lines with magic objects coming through the auction house. It was a flexible job so she could leave if she needed to and I never wondered how she didn't get fired. I never wondered about things like the sisters' finances or health insurance. It never made sense that she would give up her career that she loved, was really good at, and worked really hard for. I know she saw that shitty future, but it seems like her arc could've been about getting a better work/life balance. 

I get way too happy whenever I see posts about Prue! She's such a strong and memorable character for me, with a ton of salient flaws but also a ton of strengths that I love and admire. And for all the understandable snark Charmed sometimes gets, I think they did a stellar job of showing through Prue the burdens and joys of being the oldest sibling in a family where the parental figures are deceased and/or missing in action. 

This time through, I'm older than Prue and she mostly seems to be annoyed because she has to be the responsible one. Also, she should never have left Bucklands. It allowed plot lines with magic objects coming through the auction house. It was a flexible job so she could leave if she needed to and I never wondered how she didn't get fired.

I agree that she sometimes resents having to be the responsible one. As I rambled about elsewhere, she had to be super responsible and concerned with what people 'should' do rather than want to do due to their family circumstances (Mom dying when they were so young and then losing Grams, the father being MIA!) and the personalities of her younger sisters (Piper was unassertive, kind of meek etc. and Phoebe was wild---in other words, both seemed to need guidance!) And that's actually why quitting Bucklands made some sense to me: I know some people who have been 'the responsible one' for years and suddenly rebel in exactly that sort of way :) That said, I personally loved having Bucklands as a setting and, like you, missed it when it was gone. As you said, it was a great way to have the Charmed ones come into contact with interesting objects rich in magical lore and with complex histories. I liked 'visiting' Bucklands far more than P3, but then trendy nightclubs annoy me since I'm such an antisocial weirdo ;)   

While I go back and forth on Prue/Andy, I do like the idea of Prue dating a detective and the contrast between enforcing law-based morality (Andy) vs sometimes going outside the law and 'natural' rules of the universe to do what she thinks is required (Prue). And at least dating a slightly dull but 'strong', determined guy like Andy made a lot more sense for Prue than Roger! No matter how hard I try, I can't see Prue ever even tolerating a guy like Roger for one date, let alone becoming deeply involved to the point where they were engaged :)  

• Love 1
On 5/27/2016 at 5:17 PM, Rockstar99435 said:

It never made sense that she would give up her career that she loved, was really good at, and worked really hard for.

It did since on the show the new management at Bucklands was instituting policies that were less than honest.  In fact, it could have made them lawsuit targets (if you count the episode in which Prue spotted a fake Monet but her bosses wanted to sell it as authentic anyway).  In a case like that I can see Prue leaving.  Otherwise, I agree she should have remained in the field if not at Bucklands.  It would have been interesting if she had returned to her old museum job - if Roger were no longer working there or was her underling!

On 5/30/2016 at 5:37 AM, amensisterfriend said:

And at least dating a slightly dull but 'strong', determined guy like Andy made a lot more sense for Prue than Roger! No matter how hard I try, I can't see Prue ever even tolerating a guy like Roger for one date, let alone becoming deeply involved to the point where they were engaged :)  

I second this!  I couldn't see Prue being interested in a smarmy clod like Roger to begin with.  I'm not saying she might have veered towards men who on paper would have made sensible mates (steady good paying job, little life drama, etc.), but Roger was just all kinds of wrong for Prue.  I liked Andy but I wouldn't have minded if Prue had either met someone else (it looked like they were trying to pair her with Patrick, from "Sight Unseen"), or just a serial dater who was comfortable as a single woman.

• Love 1

I love Prue, and it still upsets me she didn't return. The heart of the show died when she was killed off. Now the writing got so bad later on, maybe we should count our blessings that Prue died when she did. 

I would of been okay if it ended after 4 seasons, with Prue.

Edited by nightwing877
  • Love 3
On 5/30/2016 at 7:37 AM, amensisterfriend said:

While I go back and forth on Prue/Andy, I do like the idea of Prue dating a detective and the contrast between enforcing law-based morality (Andy) vs sometimes going outside the law and 'natural' rules of the universe to do what she thinks is required (Prue). And at least dating a slightly dull but 'strong', determined guy like Andy made a lot more sense for Prue than Roger! No matter how hard I try, I can't see Prue ever even tolerating a guy like Roger for one date, let alone becoming deeply involved to the point where they were engaged :)  

The problem with Roger is we never got a chance to see what he was like when he was Prue's fiance. I've known guys (even dated a few...) who were truly charming and caring and wonderful when you're with them - the ones your friends keep warning you are actually too good to be true - and then after you break up with them...you find out the truth - that they really didn't like you at all and were just using you to get ahead.

I have a hunch that Roger was like that.  Otherwise, like you said, I can't see Prue going anywhere *near* him.

On 2/10/2017 at 6:59 AM, nightwing877 said:

I love Prue, and it still upsets me she didn't return. The heart of the show died when she was killed off. Now the writing got so bad later on, maybe we should count our blessings that Prue died when she did. 

I would of been okay if it ended after 4 seasons, with Prue.

Oh, I agree totally.  Seeing that Piper was what Brad Kern thought the oldest should be like, I can see him turning Prue into Poor, Poor Pitiful Prue the way he turned Piper into Poor, Poor Pitiful Prue, especially if she lost one of her sisters like Piper did. 

But four seasons with the originals...oh, yes.  Even though I love Paige best in Season Four, I would've much preferred the three originals, especially when Phoebe's sisters are comforting her after they vanquish Cole.  That *so* should've been Prue and Piper comforting her rather than Piper and Paige!

Edited by Esmeralda
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Esmeralda said:

Oh, I agree totally.  Seeing that Piper was what Brad Kern thought the oldest should be like, I can see him turning Prue into Poor, Poor Pitiful Prue the way he turned Piper into Poor, Poor Pitiful Prue, especially if she lost one of her sisters like Piper did. 

But four seasons with the originals...oh, yes.  Even though I love Paige best in Season Four, I would've much preferred the three originals, especially when Phoebe's sisters are comforting her after they vanquish Cole.  That *so* should've been Prue and Piper comforting her rather than Piper and Paige!

I agree with everything you said. 

Maybe the show was better off not lasting so long, and being remembered more fondly. But at the end of the day, what was bad on the show can be turned into good by fan communities like this discussing Charmed. 

Edited by nightwing877
  • Love 2

And just imagine the fun if it's Prue and Phoebe who switch bodies and Cole kisses Prue thinking she's Phoebe...  With the chemistry between Shannen and Julian that was totally lacking between Julian and Alyssa...  Ooooo, that could've been fun!

• Love 1

I always had the most trouble warming up to Prue. Now as I watch the show again and talk with you all about it, I think it's because she's probably the sister I'm least similar to. She's so confident, prideful, strong, successful, ambitious, fearless, prefers action to introspection, contains or represses most of her emotions, gives her heart very slowly, is no-nonsense, logical and pragmatic with great business sense. No one who knows me would ever use any of those words or terms to describe me! Like someone else said, I always admired and respected her more than I actually liked her. Fortunately I grew to like her more and more too, and she's one of those characters who I seem to appreciate more every time I rewatch. I also really love how Prue and Phoebe become closer and how their very different characteristics and ways of thinking become an asset to them both rather than a constant source of conflict.  

Prue reminds me a little of a modern Mary Crawley from Downton Abbey. Both are the oldest and sometimes resent being burdened with certain duties and responsibilities that her sisters haven't had to take on. They're very poised, guarded, businesslike, a little haughty and intimidating, but underneath are actually very generous, fiercely loyal and protective and loving towards the few they trust and with a strong sense of right and wrong. Prue is kinder than Mary and can be a lot less inhibited, but they do faintly remind me of each other!

What did you all think of Andy? Do you see him and Prue as more similar or different? He did once make a comment about how she was more "high brow", and he also seems a little more affable and easily approachable than she is, at least until you get to know her. Andy seemed very direct and, though compassionate, someone who would value justice and fairness above all. Since Prue being a witch required that she sometimes had to bend or break the traditional laws and rules that he as a detective had to enforce, that could have remained an interesting issue for them if he had lived. I always wish we'd seen more of what they were like happy and together, but of course TV writers are determined to throw one problem after another at their couples and keep the good times to a minimum. :)    

• Love 1

Well, good times are "boring" - no drama. But I do think the writers overdid it.  It would've been nice to have *one* couple not have constant problems thrown at them.

I liked Andy, but I always just saw him as the boy next door over Prue's true love, but someone she felt a lot towards due to the fact that he was her first love.

Maybe because I do like Prue the photographer more than Prue the business owner (I like to think of her thinking photography would keep her off the Morality Bites timeline) - I liked her relationship with Bane much more than with Andy, and as I've said elsewhere, I'd prefer if she didn't get a boyfriend until her last season when that boyfriend would be Cole. For the one the most strict about following the rules to fall for a true bad boy like Cole...especially with that chemistry...oh, yeah.

• Love 1

Interesting! Chemsitry is always so subjective. I saw little between Prue and Cole other than genuine dislike. :) I definitely agree with you about loving her chemistry with Bane, though. I really enjoyed their scenes and wish there were more of them. I also love your idea from another thread about how instead of Andy being an ex, Prue could have been written as not having been in a serious romantic relationship before due to her sense of family responsibility and how emotionally guarded she is. I know a lot of women who reach Prue's age without having been in a serious relationship for one reason or another, and it would have been a unique but very understandable facet of her character. I may steal that idea for the fanfic that I will probably never actually complete! 

It PISSED me off that at the end of the series, we didn't get to see her picture. I know, I know, they couldn't do that. But they could have at LEAST had a picture of CHILD PRUE, who was not played by Shannen! But no, instead they had a pic of CHILD PIPER. What a slap in the face! Or they could have had a collage with words and names interspliced with the photos, one saying PRUE. Ugh. 

• Love 2

That's because this was the perfect ending for 'Forever Crap', I mean 'Forever Piper', the perfect ending for 'The Perils of Poor, Poor Pitiful Piper', Charmed's alternate-universe spin-off, otherwise known as S4-8, STARRING HOLLY MARIE COMBS AND BRIAN KRAUSE and featuring alyssa milano and rose mcgowan, the show about a witch who didn't want to be one so she marries a guy who's dead and isn't happy until he's her little errand boy , and, oh, yes, didn't she have sisters and didn't they have powers, too?

Yes, they had to pay anyone who they showed, but they could've skipped some of the no-name "guest stars" during the last season and paid Emmalee Thompson (who played little Prue) and Megan Corletti (who played little Piper) so they could use the picture Phoebe took of Patty and the two little girls.  That would've been enough for me - more than enough - just a reminder that Prue had been part of the family like all of the ones in the other pictures were

• Love 1
On 2/27/2016 at 10:58 PM, pawneerangers said:

What do people think about her career at Bucklands and in photography? At first I couldn't see her as an arty and creative type but now I like that her jobs showed that side of her. It seems like there's a part of her that's sentimental. I could see her caring even more than her sisters about the history of their family and saving old photos. 

I absolutely loved Prue's storylines at Bucklands. I was around 12 or so when Charmed first aired, and I just loved seeing a confident career woman like Prue in a big fancy office. I loved her sheer competence. Even now, I love the episodes where someone presents a piece to her and she confidently rattles off the details of the piece, its origin, its value, etc.

Prue was my favorite, although I enjoyed Phoebe's storylines with Cole the most. I will add that it was a bit hard to believe Prue remaining perpetually single. There were often season 3 episodes where she was the fifth wheel and it was awkward and a little unbelievable. I can buy that she was too wrapped up in being a witch and grieving Andy to find someone new, but someone with her looks, talent, and personality? Men should have been knocking down the door for her. Although I guess they did - but they were mostly demons.

And finally, Shannen was simply stunning as Prue. Hair, makeup, outfits - this show had four of the most beautiful women to ever grace Hollywood.

• Love 3

He was the perfect "tweener" - someone just to have fun with while she was getting over losing Andy.

She broke up with him when he tried to convince her to lie about a fake-Monet being real so it could bring in more money.  I truly respected her for that.

Had she lived, I always imagined her waiting until Bane got out of jail and then end up marrying him and have kids at that point.

Another one I would've liked to seen her with would be Mitch, the reincarnation of Micah from 'All Halliwell's Eve'.  They had a real nice connection.

Although I would've loved to have seen Phoebe be the one who died in 'All Hell Breaks Loose' and Cole realize he fell for the wrong sister!

A final fun one that I have fun imagining would be Prue and Zankou....

The other guys on the show were too dull for Prue.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Esmeralda said:

Although I would've loved to have seen Phoebe be the one who died in 'All Hell Breaks Loose' and Cole realize he fell for the wrong sister!

A final fun one that I have fun imagining would be Prue and Zankou....

The other guys on the show were too dull for Prue.

Phoebe and Cole were my tween self’s OTP, but even I noticed back then how much chemistry Prue and Cole had. If they’d ditched Alyssa instead of Shannen, I think there’s a possibility they would have gone there. It would have been somewhat out of character for Prue, but I think they could have gotten there eventually. And with her constant refusal to bend on good vs evil, it would have made for meaty storylines. And the fact that he was her sister’s boyfriend - the storylines write themselves. 

I just picked up a copy of the Charmed book series continuation (don’t judge me) and it seems like 

Spoiler

Prue and Cole are stuck in the same purgatory and there’s a slight hint they might go there, although I haven’t read very far. Although even in the book series they’ve given Prue another appearance - not even using Shannen’s face in fiction, lol 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Phoebe and Cole were my tween self’s OTP, but even I noticed back then how much chemistry Prue and Cole had. If they’d ditched Alyssa instead of Shannen, I think there’s a possibility they would have gone there. It would have been somewhat out of character for Prue, but I think they could have gotten there eventually. And with her constant refusal to bend on good vs evil, it would have made for meaty storylines. And the fact that he was her sister’s boyfriend - the storylines write themselves. 

I just picked up a copy of the Charmed book series continuation (don’t judge me) and it seems like 

Hide contents

Prue and Cole are stuck in the same purgatory and there’s a slight hint they might go there, although I haven’t read very far. Although even in the book series they’ve given Prue another appearance - not even using Shannen’s face in fiction, lol 

If the book you picked up is "War on Witches" keep right on reading!  And if you can get a hold of the Season 9 comics, do so.  I think you'll like what they do with Prue and Cole - I sure do.

Season 10 - well, that's a completely totally different story...

My four fantasy couples remain:

Prue and Cole

Piper and Henry (with her never being attracted to Leo...)

Phoebe and Kyra

Paige and Leo

By the way - what's OTP? I'm sure I'll kick myself when you tell me, but right now I'm blanking out on it.

Edited by Esmeralda
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Esmeralda said:

If the book you picked up is "War on Witches" keep right on reading!  And if you can get a hold of the Season 9 comics, do so.  I think you'll like what they do with Prue and Cole - I sure do.

By the way - what's OTP? I'm sure I'll kick myself when you tell me, but right now I'm blanking out on it.

It is the book I'm reading, yep! OTP means One True pairing, aka your favorite pairing on a show.

Did we ever find out why Andy/Ted King left the show? I know there were rumors, but it was really too bad that they got rid of him. He was a good foil to the girls and it was a breath of fresh air to have a human be one of the major love interests. But they never did totally get Prue and Andy off the ground, and we had to rely on their backstory as a reason for how deeply they cared for one another.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Esmeralda said:

My four fantasy couples remain:

Prue and Cole

Piper and Henry (with her never being attracted to Leo...)

Phoebe and Kyra

Paige and Leo

I'm curious why you pair Paige and Leo together? That's a grouping I've never considered. My pick for Piper will always be Mark. Sure he was dead but he was cute, they had chemistry and things in common. I could see them running a restaurant together happily working in food. 

6 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

It is the book I'm reading, yep! OTP means One True pairing, aka your favorite pairing on a show.

Did we ever find out why Andy/Ted King left the show? I know there were rumors, but it was really too bad that they got rid of him. He was a good foil to the girls and it was a breath of fresh air to have a human be one of the major love interests. But they never did totally get Prue and Andy off the ground, and we had to rely on their backstory as a reason for how deeply they cared for one another.

From what I've read, it was Ted King's choice to leave.  He only had a one-year contract and he thought his character would always be overshadowed by the girls and didn't like that.  I would love to know what Season Two would've been like had Ted stayed since then Brian Krause (Leo) would've only been part of Season One - he was only offered the chance to stay when Ted decided to leave.  If that was when Leo left, he and Piper would've been my OTP, but not once I saw the way she treated him in Season Two and beyond.

They were never my OTP - he was too much just the boy next door and I never saw any chemistry between them, just like none between Piper and Leo or Phoebe and Cole.  And although Andy could accept Prue as a witch and help her out, I don't think they'd remain happy when they'd both have to bring such stuff home.

Now had he become their whitelighter after his death, that would be different.

For me, the only OTP I saw on the show was Piper & Mark and *maybe* Patty & Sam.

But I can understand why other fans would feel differently.

Edited by Esmeralda
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm curious why you pair Paige and Leo together? That's a grouping I've never considered. My pick for Piper will always be Mark. Sure he was dead but he was cute, they had chemistry and things in common. I could see them running a restaurant together happily working in food. 

I agree totally regarding Piper & Mark.  If she had to marry a dead guy, why couldn't it be him?

It's that whitelighter connection that made me consider Paige & Leo - she could truly see things from his side, which Piper never could.  Originally I wanted Phoebe and Leo, but when I saw the connection between Phoebe and Kyra, I finally figured out why Phoebe had such a hard time falling in love and, more importantly, staying in love (and despite the comics or "War on Witches' or 'Forever Charmed', I truly believe she left Coop just as soon as she found out she was pregnant.) - Phoebe Halliwell was a closet Lesbian.

Edited by Esmeralda