Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

I believe that was supposed to be one of several places to shelter those that did not evacuate and/or those that might have lost something.  Didn't think they'd use that venue if that was the plan; whatever the plan was is no longer the case.

Earlier in the week they had placed several hundred cots at the Trop which were to be for first responders, but evidently that plan changed, perhaps by the altered path of the storm? I'm just speculating on the reasoning.

Having watched a game at the Trop many years ago, and knowing that the "roof" was not much more than a great big tarp, I didn't think using it as a staging area for a storm with potential winds over 150 MPH was a good idea. I guess some people came to the same conclusion, thankfully.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

While several people dislike the Yankees, I apologize for not feeling bad for it this morning.  The fact is I think I'd be perfectly fine if this New York team won eight more games.  I've love to see Cole cash & collect.  Probably could have with several of the other teams he was with, but maybe Cooperstown is in the cards as the ceiling otherwise