Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: The Adam Bomb

• Start Topic

(edited)
When Erica gets inspired to put college on hold, in favor of pursuing a singing career, Beverly is worried Erica will be disappointed her dream will not come true. Beverly puts Murray up to the task to have a talk about her future with a surprising result. Meanwhile, Adam and Barry get into an epic war that starts as an April Fools’ joke but ends with more repercussion.

Starting a topic for last night's show since (surprisingly) one hadn't been started yet.

Sorry!  I just realized that I didn't include the episode date (4/1/15) when I created the topic.  Can one of the moderators fix that?  

Edited by Stinger97

VHS/VHS-C  camcorders were new in the 1980’s and very expensive.  The average price for a camcorder in 1986 was $1646 ($3,600 in 2015 $)  I did not have a camcorder in 1985 but I did have a recorder and even the tapes were around $12 ($26 in 2015 $)  Barry was almost right about the cards  appreciating  300%.
The mid-1980s was the height of the card collecting craze.  The bible of card collectors-Becketts Price Guide was even putting out weekly updates to their price guide and many cities had weekly card shows.  Today 99.9% of cards from that period are worthless.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Today 99.9% of cards from that period are worthless.

My husband still has some. I'm hoping that he'll be willing to get rid of them before our next move, but I've thought that before. Maybe I should draw mustaches and horns on them.

• Love 2

Loved it when Beverly found out that she could be her daughter's manager:  "Say what now?"

Was that the daughter's real singing voice?  Not bad. 

The dad was funny when the daughter was about to tell him how she could save him $20,000.  "For the 1st time in your life, you have my undivided attention."

• Love 1

Yeah, that's her real voice. She and her friend sang in another episode, sort of taking over Barry's garage band. I think Erica sang a Bangles song.

Chances are an intact Castle Greyskull might be worth more now than those baseball cards.

• Love 2

Oh lord.  The "Take the Wheel" segment, with Ana Gasteyer and the two Goldberg parents?  That was effin' legendary.

Yeah, that's her real voice. She and her friend sang in another episode, sort of taking over Barry's garage band. I think Erica sang a Bangles song.

Hayley Orrantia was also a contestant on Season 1 of the US X-Factor.  So her singing is a fairly serious part of her career.

• Love 1