Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 more rehearsals until squad photo day! Maybe tonight is the night we find out!! (I'll be posting this every day until we find out)

I wonder if there will be any cuts tonight or tomorrow night after they figure out who can't get the field entrance down.

• Love 2

3 more rehearsals until squad photo day! Maybe tonight is the night we find out!! (I'll be posting this every day until we find out)

I wonder if there will be any cuts tonight or tomorrow night after they figure out who can't get the field entrance down.

I'm thinking there is a cut tonight! With last night being the first field rehearsal they are bound to expect close to perfection tonight

I'm trying to remember, but I don't! It was the year MTT showed they tried out at Gilly's, I think. I might totally be wrong, but I thought Kelli said the girls all needed to try out in either dance or vocal. But maybe it was they were encouraged to try out. I'll have to go back and watch again.

She said In Season 8 "we're having our show group auditions where we've taken our full squad  (suggesting that everyone tries out) and chosen 16." However; in Season 7, she didn't mention it at all, but she did indicate that Carisa decided not to, so it's definitely a decision.

I think Judy has a more pragmatic view of what the DCC really are, whereas Kelli wants the DCC to be some sort of altruisitc, intellectual, pinnacle of society (or at least Irving, TX).

LMAOOOO! Hahaha this is so true!

• Love 2

I'm guessing these folks are on the bubble: Taylor (as she's posted stuff about working on her kicks); Simeone (given her injury); Courtney (she and Simeone were apparently in Kelli's office during that recent photo the choreographer posted).

Taylor is GORGEOUS! I don't think she had the "typical" DCC body though. I'll be interested to see her on the show

I think that'll work against her, even if she makes the squad this year. It seems girls who don't have the "DCC" body usually don't last long. :)

Aw, I think Claire is a cutie! There is something about her expression I like in that video even though her dancing is meh.  She looks like she has really nice kicks though! 

As for Kashara, I think she is STUNNING! Every picture I've seen her in she is just gorgeous. My fear for her is her body type, like Taylor. NOT HEAVY but their build is just not the 'long lean American thigh" or whatever K&J said once LOL 

• Love 1

Claire is eh to me for some reason. I don't think she has the look

I like Claire. I don't think Kashara has the look though

This reminds me...Kelli always says that a component of the initial voting (semi-finals and finals) includes having "the look," yet I've seen cuts based on NOT having "the look" ("grandma" Chandler [which I disagree with] comes to mind).  I don't understand why they are taken into training camp in the 1st place.  It's not like they initially had the right look then lost it (barring extreme weight gain).  If they do take them to TC knowing they will be cut for dramatic purposes...well, that's just mean.

• Love 1
(edited)

I find it so hard to tell how good these ladies are as dancers in this season's audition routine -- it seems choppy and awkward.  I'm going to just have to wait for the season to begin (CAN'T WAIT!).  The CMT marathon has been showing the trailer for the new season and I'm so happy  the informed members of this forum have given us so much information that I can actually recognize a few of the ladies already from pix and comments here.

I just wish the marathon showed us the original episodes -- not the altered-for-media-sale with the HORRIBLE music trax that they include (ugh).

I'm know the conversation is quieting down, but I just want to weigh in once more on the Danielle audible (LOVE that someone use that term since it was the football jargon she needed to define in her interview): we only are privy to small sound bytes, not the entire discussion on the judges' evaluations.  It is very possible that some may have been swayed in favor of Danielle after hearing of her injury and being told of the reception she received.  She may have been #46 when they let in 45.  I don't think if she was in the 30s that K&C would have been able to do what they did without backlash; she seemed to present well in her interview and had the confidence of some of the judges.  I do think that the Cassie decision from the previous year had some measure of significance as it would have been very hypocritical to not do what they did the season before; however Cassie had 4 previous years under her belt to prove herself as a DCC (no matter how much people in here may hate her).

In the case of Danielle, Kelly was very distressed at the table -- it was visible - and she didn't ignore the judges.  It isn't as though a girl voted into training camp was dumped out because they gave Danielle the spot; Charlotte & Kelly, (and maybe Judy -- we don't know; there may have been a conversation on the way downstairs among the 3 of them discussing how unhappy they were with the decision) allowed an additional girl into camp and with that decision accepted the cost of another girl in TC (uniforms; another very big binder; etc).  

As for Judy's voice, I don't remember the name -- maybe Kendal? She was a pageant title holder...season 4 I think -- She was clearly liked by the judges (in first round only 1 no vote and it was clear who that was).  She was pretty, a good enough dancer -- and I think she appealed to many of the men on the panel.  I think Judy's concerns swayed them and she didn't get as many points as she would have if Judy was not respected and valued in her position.

OK.  I'm done ranting :-)   

Despite some of the heated discussions in the past few days, I still think this is the best forum I've encountered.  And Kelly would be proud to see people getting so passionate about the girls (both pros and cons), the team, and the show.

Does anyone know if post-field rehearsal was the usual slaughter?

Edited by English Teacher

Dancer.Lyfe - it should.  It made sense here at the time it got started though, lol!  It wasn't so much about Danielle but about how decisions are made and whether certain girls in TC this year are just there for MTT / CMT drama.

Rewatching the last few episodes of season 6 and holy crap did they cut like crazy that last week or so before the final decision!! They cut Karissa and Kalli after first field rehearsal, then Alex, Marie and Stephanie the next practice...all after cameos and everything.  So who knows what happens this week, if they are pretty set where they are or if it ends up being a last minute slaughter!! 

And agree that it's so hard to tell if the girls are really good or not from the audition videos...the only thing I get from that is a sense of who has a great stage presence, even when they dont rock the choreography. 

• Love 1

The judges aren't at TC. There are several steps to make the squad. While Kelli is solely responsible for who makes the squad and how they do, as Director, she doesn't make those choices alone. The judges help choose who gets to TC, and Kelli stated that everyone judging during the auditions has an equal vote. They tally them up and let the cards fall where they may. They do discuss the candidates way more than we see, and I'm sure K/J voice their opinions and push for candidates they think will be good TCC. Once in TC it's a combination of Kelli's input, Judy's, Kitty's as well as group leaders. We've only seen a couple instances in which K/J consult group leaders on a candidate, but that's enough to know that it happens a lot more than we see. 95% of what happens in TC we don't see. So while Kelli is the Director and ultimately responsible for the squad and how it performs, its a group effort on who makes the squad. I do believe that in a pinch, if there's a fence candidate, then its up to Kelli whether that person makes it or doesn't. :)

No I'm sorry I meant going into TC, so at finals :-)

• Love 1
(edited)

How did you see Courtney was cut??? I feel so bad for her!! :( SO close and she was really looking more glamorous.  :( 

The promo is so exciting!!!

Not to sound like a jerk, but I don't think it's fair to ask people to limit their opinions to several lines??  If you don't want to read paragraphs, just skip it or hit ignore?? It takes like two seconds to scroll past.  Again, not trying to sound like a jerk because I think everyone here is great!! but a forum is for discussion and some people have more to say??

But hey, if we get told we have to limit our posts, anyone who likes to write longer posts please direct message me!! I love more indepth discussion and am happy to go into more detail with you off the main boards :)

ETA: never mind, I see Courtney's post about getting cut on her insta, now that it's public:

https://instagram.com/p/5bXPb7vz8F/?taken-by=courtlynnjohnson

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 3

I agree with LaurenBrook -- I love coming here and reading people's opinions and the more, the better.  Fortunately, we all have the ability to skip those that don't interest us and skim those that might say a bit more than we want to read on the topic.  I would suggest we exercise those abilities instead of trying to silence what others have to say--after all, just because you might not be interested, doesn't mean others feel the same way.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'll be shocked if Taylor makes it now that Courtney is cut.

Courtney is a better dancer and has the DCC body more so than Taylor.

I kind of agree with this, but every year they surprise me by taking someone over another who I thought was more qualified when it came down to details.  Seriously can't wait for the shooooowwww!!

ETA: did Courtney dance on another team last year? Is there one she can still go audition for? She and Shelbi seemed super close, maybe she will do TSD?

Edited by LaurenBrook

I'm hoping that Courtney's cut was the last one and we get a team tonight! She's a cute girl and I can't imagine being that close to my dream and losing it.

OH MY GOSH GUYS!

Kaleigh's profile is locked so I can't seem to share it but she was CUT! She said FOUR girls were cut last night.

I am trying to copy and paste it but I am so shocked

(edited)

Here is her Instagram caption

@kaleighwalkeryoga

"After 7 weeks of training camp, my DCC journey came to an end last night. I was one of four girls to get cut on the last night. It came as a surprise because I thought I worked incredibly hard & did everything I was asked of. But on week 2, the director told me she didn't vote for me to get into training camp, so I should have known it would be tough to change her opinion towards me. That being said, I loved meeting all of the wonderful ladies in training camp & I know I have made many new friends for life! I look at this as just another fun experience to have in the memory bank & I have no regrets because I know I have it 110%! Thanks to everyone for their cheers and support over the past few months :) as Jay-Z would say, on the next one."

Edited by dccfan37
  • Love 1
(edited)

In the guest choreographer photo posted late last week (you can find it on here a few pages back), Taylor was still there.

You are correct, I saw that picture. I think her post was after that photo. Anyway, I guess we will ll know soon.

Here is her Instagram caption

@kaleighwalkeryoga

"After 7 weeks of training camp, my DCC journey came to an end last night. I was one of four girls to get cut on the last night. It came as a surprise because I thought I worked incredibly hard & did everything I was asked of. But on week 2, the director told me she didn't vote for me to get into training camp, so I should have known it would be tough to change her opinion towards me. That being said, I loved meeting all of the wonderful ladies in training camp & I know I have made many new friends for life! I look at this as just another fun experience to have in the memory bank & I have no regrets because I know I have it 110%! Thanks to everyone for their cheers and support over the past few months :) as Jay-Z would say, on the next one."

I'm willing to bet it's because they thought she looked/photographed old. IDK , as good as she seemed to be she does not look as youthful/fresh faced as the others.

It's interesting that she mentioned that the Director "Kelli" did not vote for her to be in TC?  As stated upstream, I agree that Kelli's opinion has far more weight than others.

Edited by DCCFAN71