Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Part 10

As Meg and Sally move forward with the wedding plans, John and Marco's investigation points them in Danny's direction.

Please note that you should NOT discuss episodes that are numerically after the one in the thread you are in. Thanks!

Sally's running over to John's and attacking them for their parenting choices made me angry. She coddles Danny and doesn't see what is right in front of her and she wants to attack others for wanting Danny from their kids. He's blackmailing Meg, assaulting Kevin.

Danny's trafficing drugs through the Inn and using their 50 year business as a fence. Yet she makes an ultimatum about choosing. Choose Danny, the guy that with the DEA involved will get your Inn repossessed and assets frozen as opposed to the son trying to protect his kids.

Glad Meg refused to give into Danny and told Marco the truth, she took that power from him and that she refused to sign anything over to Danny. 

• Love 1

In Sally's defense, she isn't aware of any of Danny's dirty dealings.  I was disappointed in John for not making more of an effort to warn her.  

Mother O'Bannon is a real piece of work.  Her comment about not liking Sally made me chuckle.  

Pleased that Meg came clean with Marco.  I also liked how she went and questioned Carlos before his AA meeting.  

Great scene in the refrigerator.  I loved John smacking Danny in the face with the pictures of the dead girl.  It's a shame that Rafi Quintana had more of a conscience than Danny.  

• Love 1

In Sally's defense, she isn't aware of any of Danny's dirty dealings. I was disappointed in John for not making more of an effort to warn her.

Great scene in the refrigerator. I loved John smacking Danny in the face with the pictures of the dead girl. It's a shame that Rafi Quintana had more of a conscience than Danny.

I liked the refrigerator scene too, but generally I think John is kind of an incompetent cop. He doesn't seem to tell his partner, Marco, what he's doing a lot of the time, and has not come clean to the other cops about Danny. He has a lot of information about Danny now that he should have shared with the other cops in the investigation. Big cases like this are always solved by teamwork, not by one dude figuring things out. Plus, it will come out that he knew things, and that could ruin his career. He should totally throw Danny to the wolves at this point. And yes, he should have told his mother exactly WHY he didn't want his kids around Danny, before politely and firmly reminding her it is his and Diana's decision. (It's always annoying on TV when people stand there and stare when someone yells at them, and you're thinking, Just Explain It! And they never do.) His mom needs her eyes opened, but Danny IS some kind of psych/sociopath (not sure which), and those types are really good at fooling people.

Poor Marco! His fiancée cheated and may not really love him, and his partner cuts him out of the loop. Get away from the Rayburns!! I like that Meg is finally behaving better, though. 1 out of 4 Rayburns now seems to be being smart about Danny.

Edited by flutist4fun
  • Love 3

I think that because it's such a small precinct that they partner up a lot, but that John is Marco's superior.  Early on when they were investigating the stolen gas Marco was hesitant about viewing the surveillance cameras and John sort of gave him an order that he wanted it done. 

• Love 1

I was thrown by Meg telling Marco, however vaguely, about the job offer and asking him if he's ever consider moving to New York City and then telling him she cheated on him.  At the end of the day, I am glad she told him because Marco has been a pretty upright guy (so far...who knows what the next ep might show me).

I don't know if it was this ep or the last that Chelsea met up with Danny for breakfast coming straight from work in scrubs.  I'm guessing she's a nurse?  Has this been established previously?  My impression of her thus far was she was something in a less professional capacity since she's always been shown hanging out in the middle of the day and wearing a variety of tank shirts/shorts or bathing suit tops.  Plus she did not strike me as having that much smarts.  Chloe Sevigny was perfectly cast as your basic white trash, regardless of her job.

• Love 4

In Sally's defense, she isn't aware of any of Danny's dirty dealings.  I was disappointed in John for not making more of an effort to warn her.  

I've been in John's position though -- having to tell your parents that one of their kids has been deceiving them is pretty much the worst thing ever.

I started this show sympathizing with the siblings, and then thinking they were being too hard on Danny, and now I'm back on their side again.

• Love 7

My mind just filled in the blank that he thought it was pointless because they'd gone down that road before with Mom. She sees / hears what she wants to see /hear, especially when it comes to Danny.

• Love 2

I've been in John's position though -- having to tell your parents that one of their kids has been deceiving them is pretty much the worst thing ever.

I started this show sympathizing with the siblings, and then thinking they were being too hard on Danny, and now I'm back on their side again.

I kind of sympathize with John a lot. I know how it feels like to have everyone else's problem become your own. Danny was just terrible. He misdirected a lot of his anger to his siblings. They were so young when they lied about what happened. Also, it has been said that Danny was a screw up before the accident and John had to cover for him.

Having a sibling whi constantly makes mistakes is draining. When you're a 40-something, it's time to own your mistakes instead of blaming other people.

I had sympathy for Danny at the beginning and then I couldn't stand him. He was more than evil. Everything he did, he did it on purpose. He wanted his family to feel the pain that he had felt, but he went way too far.

• Love 5

I can't believe how badly John screwed that up.  Anything that Danny does from here on out is on him and John is also responsible for what happened to Rafi.  At what point do you cut loose from your family?  I understand he is guilty for what he SAID as a child but now you're jeopardizing your children based on that guilt.  I want to smack that guy to wake him up.

• Love 1

I was right about Sally. She was leaving the family.

I was screaming at my TV for John not to tip Danny off to the DEA bust. I may have initially been sympathetic towards Danny but his need for vengeance is unquenchable and its clear to me now he's a sociopath. Nothing would make him happier than running the Rayburn name through the mud and bringing the whole family down, which is why he ultimately chose to stick with the criminal enterprise.

Between Meg and John, they have all the pieces now. I just wish they'd communicate.

• Love 4

Finally binge watching the show and I realized that the hardest part of binge watching is making sure you are posting about the correct episode. I was feeling a bit of sympathy for Danny, but now he and his siblings are all kind of people I wouldn't want to know. I agree that they are showing too many flashbacks of the same scene, I don't need to see the seahorse necklace floating down a million times. 

Sally is kind of a non-entity to me, she doesn't seem to show much personality and has very little dialogue. I would like her to be a more integral part of the story, maybe that will happen further on.

• Love 1

binge watching but need to get to bed. It's finally getting juicy, what a f'd up family this is. I wonder if Robert did anything to Sally later, blaming her for Sarah's death. How do they all live with this heavy shadow over them (well except for Meg since she doesn't remember) I can't believe how hooked I am. I hope I can make it until tomorrow without reading the threads for future episodes. Help.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

binge watching but need to get to bed. It's finally getting juicy, what a f'd up family this is. I wonder if Robert did anything to Sally later, blaming her for Sarah's death. How do they all live with this heavy shadow over them (well except for Meg since she doesn't remember) I can't believe how hooked I am. I hope I can make it until tomorrow without reading the threads for future episodes. Help.

I feel your pain. I broke down and read two episodes ahead. Lol. Very engrossing show.

• Love 1