Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Blaze of Glory

• Start Topic

The team searches for those responsible when a missile test is hijacked

must....not....quote...song.

Ah, to hell with it.

Sing with me:  "Shot Down (DOWN!) in BLAZE of GLORY!!!"

• Love 2

Ok, I know the asian chick (who's name I can't remember) turned out to be evil and setting up the 2 hackers but I pretty disturbed that Callen's response to her report of inappropriate pictures and stalker-y texting was 'he was flirting with you'. That sort of though process is why the harassed stay silent. Very disappointing to hear that sort of response from this show.

Also, the 'again' looks on Callen and Sam's faces when being pulled over were hilarious.

Uh - I normally don't mind Eric and Nell's romance (or how they handle it) but this was just tiring. Also what age is Eric supposed to be? As Granger pointed out he's too old to pretend to be a college student anymore, his flirting with Blaise (aka mini-Nell) was questionable and him getting all upset about the idea of becoming friends with someone who's already 45 ridiculous (Barrett Foa turns 38 this year). I find the writing for Eric often quite insulting to the character and this episode was a good example. Not that the writing for Nell is much better - but at least she's not constantly used as comic relief but is allowed to come across as competent and in control (too much so at times so that it crosses the line to smugness). On the other hand: Kensi and Deeks as exasperated honeymooners were comic gold.

• Love 2

I was kind of disappointed that they totally dropped the investigation into Deeks in this episode. I'm sure it'll come back, but some sort of acknowledgment would have been nice.

I hated the whole thing with Eric and Nell, but the rest of the episode was decent.

I don't even understand what happened with Eric and Nell.  Somebody help me out here..was he flirting with Blaise?  If so..why?  Aren't he and Nell and "item"?  Haven't they kissed?  Or did they just kiss and he never even took her out? 

If he was flirting with her in front of Nell..that sucked.

Who was the actress playing Blaise?  Where have I seen her before?  I was wracking my brains last night trying to figure that out.  She's kind of distinctive.

She was Kitty in Glee. 

I laughed at her being cast as a college student. She's a year younger than Renee Felice Smith! Although she has just finished playing a high school student. 

Uh - I normally don't mind Eric and Nell's romance (or how they handle it) but this was just tiring. Also what age is Eric supposed to be? As Granger pointed out he's too old to pretend to be a college student anymore, his flirting with Blaise (aka mini-Nell) was questionable and him getting all upset about the idea of becoming friends with someone who's already 45 ridiculous (Barrett Foa turns 38 this year).

Given that Abby over on the Mothership is supposed to be in her late twenties (and Pauley is approaching 40 as well, I believe), it wouldn't surprise me if Eric is supposed to be the same age. In any case, it's ridiculous that they're not playing closer to their real ages. Being with friends with a 45 yr old isn't the end of the world, good grief.

Uh - I normally don't mind Eric and Nell's romance (or how they handle it) but this was just tiring. Also what age is Eric supposed to be? As Granger pointed out he's too old to pretend to be a college student anymore, his flirting with Blaise (aka mini-Nell) was questionable and him getting all upset about the idea of becoming friends with someone who's already 45 ridiculous (Barrett Foa turns 38 this year). I find the writing for Eric often quite insulting to the character and this episode was a good example. Not that the writing for Nell is much better - but at least she's not constantly used as comic relief but is allowed to come across as competent and in control (too much so at times so that it crosses the line to smugness). On the other hand: Kensi and Deeks as exasperated honeymooners were comic gold.

I don't even understand what happened with Eric and Nell.  Somebody help me out here..was he flirting with Blaise?  If so..why?  Aren't he and Nell and "item"?  Haven't they kissed?  Or did they just kiss and he never even took her out? 

If he was flirting with her in front of Nell..that sucked.

Thank you! yes! TIRING is exactly the right word. The show has to stop letting this be a mystery. I don't know who to root for. Nell doesn't get to be jealous if they aren't dating. If she's still holding him at arm's length even after taking him home at Christmas then that's on her. If they *are* dating, then yes, Eric needs to not be blatant about flirting. I thought when he went back to the office we were finally going to get resolution one way or another, but no. Annoyed.

"I think I broke my spleen!"

• Love 1

Thank you! yes! TIRING is exactly the right word. The show has to stop letting this be a mystery. I don't know who to root for. Nell doesn't get to be jealous if they aren't dating. If she's still holding him at arm's length even after taking him home at Christmas then that's on her. If they *are* dating, then yes, Eric needs to not be blatant about flirting. I thought when he went back to the office we were finally going to get resolution one way or another, but no. Annoyed.

"I think I broke my spleen!"

I agree. If Nell wants something and doesn't say it, that is her problem.

I didn't think Eric was really flirting anyway.

The mothership just handed out some helpful info about Abby's mysterious age. Her somewhat nebulous romance with McGee apparently took place 11 years ago (which actually fits the show's timeline). Since she was already established as a chraracter before McGee joined the team and we have no info about her being a child prodigy she must be at least in her early 30's. Which is okay by me - Abby has her moments of childishness but has the respect of the team. Not sure I can say the same about Eric but then it looks like he gets the same treatment as Palmer on the mothership.

The Nell/Eric relationship is in desperate need of some clarification and better characterization - most of the time Nell treats him like a stupid little brother which makes her getting all jealous this episode weird even without all prior instances that hint at a romantic relationship (the kiss, her introducing him to her family etc.)

• Love 2

OMG.  Kitty from Glee!  That was bugging the heck out of me, thank you.  I knew I'd seen her before--like a lot of her before--and now I know why.  Wow, what different roles, no wonder I couldn't place her.  She did great!

• Love 1

I only knew Nell was jealous because of the synopsis I read.  She certainly didn't act very jealous.  Or not jealous like I would.

The Asian girl should never ever take a role where she runs again.  Seriously I was cracking up; her running reminded me of Elaine's dancing on Seinfeld-totally awkward.

I agree the best part was Kensi and Deeks role playing as honeymooners.