Type keyword(s) to search

Suggest Next Season's Credit Sequence

Kromm
  • Start Topic

I want a Munsters theme.  Each of the contestants going through a broken doorway, with GR giving them lunch bags and air kisses.  

I know it'll never happen, since GR doesn't like to appear until the end of the opening (and also other reasons, obviously).  But it would make more sense in this scenario if he was the first one shown, since he should be the one breaking through the doorway.  Maybe GR can break through the doorway, and they can bring back JP to do the lunch bags and kisses.

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 3

They're worth watching.  ONCE EACH.  To laugh at how horrible they are and how little they have to do with cooking.  Then fast forward over them ever-after.

Season 4 is the one where they really started to go to Crazytown with the credits.  Although note its at least SET in a kitchen (unlike many of the later ones).

Season 6 seems to be the first real break point where someone watching the credits might leave with no idea it was for a cooking show.  Although there was the undercurrent/not-so-hidden message there that the show was more of a Freak Show than a Cooking show, so at least it was on point with that.

• Love 1

I don't think they've done a spaceship theme yet.  Maybe where they launch them off the earth into space, and the earth blows up behind them.  Invoking the often used "fiiiiiiiii-yuuuuur" aspect with the ship heading into the sun at the end of the credits.  Ramsay appears in the credits as the person driving the spaceship.

Or one when they fall into a time machine that dumps them back in prehistoric times, and dinosaurs chase them.  At the end of the credits the big T-Rex that's eaten most of them takes off a fake head, and it's a gigantic Gordon Ramsey under there (the giant Ramsay vs. tiny contestants having been a standbye of so many versions of the credits anyway).

• Love 3

Oh man do I love this thread! The credit sequences fascinate me. I think my all time favorite was about two seasons ago when they were caught in a comic book setting passing around a briefcase, and in the end it turns out Andi and that other sous chef (God I can never remember his name) steal the briefcase in the end.

I have no ideas, I just love that this thread exists. Maybe a retro 80s theme.

• Love 2

Have they done a circus yet?...so many of the chef wannabes seem more like clowns to me.

They've done Circus before, by way of a Midway Sideshow theme in Season 6. It was arguably the first season, in fact, where the credits diverted from a food theme, although about the third with weird over the top animations. It didn't really feature clowns, so I suppose that's unexplored, but had not only playing the cheftestants as part of carnival games in it, but also one of them was part of a freakshow "half man, half DONKEY" (calling them "donkeys" used to be one of Ramsay's favorite ways to disparage them in the early days, although he hasn't used it in the past few years).

1) Hand-drawn 2D animation.

2) Pure CGI.

3)Takes place in a day care, and have toddlers in chef jackets and replace the kids' heads with the contestants' heads.

4)Takes place in hell, and have Gordon in full Satan makeup with the horns, red skin, pointy tail and all of his hair are snakes.

5)Have the contestants style Gordon's hair.

6)Go from the recap, "Previously on Hell's Kitchen" right to, "And now the continuation of Hell's Kitchen." showing the logo.  No opening credit sequence. 

7)Have the Ohio Players sing 'Fire" in chef jackets.  I wish I were related to them, 15 season of royalties of that song.

Edited by joeyjoey
  • Love 4