Type keyword(s) to search

The X-Files Revival: The Truth is in Here

He sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about. He says that he doesn't know in what way he's being brought back for the first episode, yet he knows the status of M&S. He also says that they could go back in time and they never became a couple. Sounds like he hasn't heard the multiple times that Chris has said that the revival will remain true to the events that happened in the series and IWTB and will be set in the present time. 

At least I hope he doesn't know what he's talking about. Chris can't possibly think that people want to see that. Even people who aren't shippers wouldn't want to deal with whatever drama would come out of bringing Mulder and Scully back to work together after a breakup and possibly getting back together. More time would have to be spent on their relationship in that scenario than letting them be an established couple.

• Love 1

Exactly. That's what I was thinking too tbh. It doesn't make sense to go and do that now. 

Word. It just sounds like his own personal fantasy than anything else credible.

Found some more spoilers, these are from perplexistan.

They could be rather spoilery, so read at your own risk!

Note: these are the disproven ones! So nothing really new per say.

• Love 1

Even people who aren't shippers wouldn't want to deal with whatever drama would come out of bringing Mulder and Scully back to work together after a breakup and possibly getting back together. More time would have to be spent on their relationship in that scenario than letting them be an established couple.

This revival can never be all things to all people, and is inevitably going to fail to live up to the expectations of several segments of the audience.  But I think the easiest way to appease "I only watch this for M&S" and "I can't believe you caved and put them together" viewers alike is to keep the relationship from being a storyline one way or the other -- if it just exists as a given, then they'll get grumbling from one faction that there weren't enough intimate times and from another that they're still together, but nothing like the firestorm they'd get if their personal relationship is a focal point.  So, while I have the same fears for this as I did prior to getting detailed spoilers for IWTB, that it's going to open with them apart, I (try to) console myself with the fact that breaking them up forces the relationship to be a major storyline and I just don't think that serves the show well.

• Love 1

This revival can never be all things to all people, and is inevitably going to fail to live up to the expectations of several segments of the audience.  But I think the easiest way to appease "I only watch this for M&S" and "I can't believe you caved and put them together" viewers alike is to keep the relationship from being a storyline one way or the other -- if it just exists as a given, then they'll get grumbling from one faction that there weren't enough intimate times and from another that they're still together, but nothing like the firestorm they'd get if their personal relationship is a focal point.  So, while I have the same fears for this as I did prior to getting detailed spoilers for IWTB, that it's going to open with them apart, I (try to) console myself with the fact that breaking them up forces the relationship to be a major storyline and I just don't think that serves the show well.

Exactly.

That's where I'm at as well.

Oh boy... I think I found something. And I don't think it's good news =(. Sounds like the same old shit. Scratch that, since it's a cribbed article thankfully!

It's from April, but there's a snippet that seems to be new in it

Source: christian post

Although Mulder and Scully were together when the show left, they will return, still unmarried and will have a relationship that "is not where we left it," he said.

The Canadian publication probed further and found out that Carter has already written the first draft which will see some changes on the primary characters.

"They've grown up. They've matured, their sensibilities have matured, their relationship has matured and evolved," he said.

The quote is familiar, but there's a KEY difference to it. So either he said something different, or someone tweaked it or misunderstood what he was saying. Because I remember the unmarried part, but that was in mention to IWTB before.

So more /facepalm -_- for me, and it seems like we'll be seeing the same old song and dance. Which I have NO interest at ALL in seeing again!

Here's the Winnepeg one for comparison.

CP: What is their relationship now?

Carter: As we saw in the second movie they were together, not married. Living together. But when we come back we will find that relationship is not where we left it.

The second half of the quote made me think they got married. But with the other one, I don't know what to think  :\. How does any couple mature and evolve, aside from getting married? That just leads me to separation. And frankly that's something I WILL turn the channel on if they DO go down THAT alley.

Maybe the other reporter took the first half of the sentence 'As we saw in the second movie they were together, not married. Living together.' As it's the same as we saw in the second movie. With them being together and not married.' That's the best I can get from it.

Because the second quote 'But when we come back we will find that relationship is not where we left it.' <-- Key words are the bolded! Things have changed since then! That's why that Christian Post interview doesn't make a whole lot of sense imo. The context of it seems a little bit muddled imo.

Just double checked and it seems as if the Christian Post article is just one that cribbed from other articles. It's not a legitimate interview/article. So I'm taking it with a grain of salt for the most part. The Winnepeg article is the legit deal, the real interview for the original quotes. The CP one just takes them out of context.

The same way an individual matures and evolves. You let go of insecurities, you work on issues, you learn to appreciate the small things, etc. Look at it this way, if you were dating someone from ages 16 to 30 and never got married, wouldn't you still say that your relationship had matured and evolved in that time?

I just hope that Chris' version of maturing doesn't include separating. I don't think I would be able to accept that Scully gave up everything in her life for Mulder only to break up at some point for some mundane reason. Scully needs some happiness in her life! haha

• Love 2

The same way an individual matures and evolves. You let go of insecurities, you work on issues, you learn to appreciate the small things, etc. Look at it this way, if you were dating someone from ages 16 to 30 and never got married, wouldn't you still say that your relationship had matured and evolved in that time?

I just hope that Chris' version of maturing doesn't include separating. I don't think I would be able to accept that Scully gave up everything in her life for Mulder only to break up at some point for some mundane reason. Scully needs some happiness in her life! haha

Good point. That makes a lot of sense. You still grow and change regardless. But Chris's mention about 'them being unmarried and living together back in IWTB but now the relationship isn't where we left it (I'm para-phrasing here)' has my antenna up.

For him to mention it in the context he did (Meaning mentioning them being unmarried and living together in IWTB) is rather interesting (why would he mention it, if it weren't for a good reason?). That's why the marriage thought is still there. Whether it happens or not isn't a big deal, but it's still kind of funny thinking that it could *actually* be an option. Who'd ever thought we'd get to that point? And heck who'd ever think that he'd EVER insinuate that? O_O

Word! And some >:) as well.

Not necessarily spoilers, but I'm placing this here just in case.

A new article, this one being an interview a site did with Gillian:

This quote from it kind of stands out to me:

"You just saying that made me think for the very first time that ... we didn't really say goodbye last time, because we didn't think it was goodbye," she says. "We thought there'd be a third film. Knowing this is the end, that the six [episodes] is a goodbye, yeah ..."

I find this quote a bit ironic. Considering that DD and Chris are open to doing more. Guess she figures that it's the end of the road (a more realist point of view). So it's literally crap or get off the pot time, whether Chris likes it or not. He seems to have a habit of dragging things out, but the problem is they don't really have the luxury of being able to do so now.

If it doesn't do well, then it's bye bye M & S, tv show or movie wise. They have to hit one out of the park or else. Been kind of feeling that way myself tbh.

• Love 1

Great article. I love the interviews where Gillian speaks openly and honestly about herself. She's great.

I think it's noteworthy that the interviewer said the interview took place on May 19th, which I think is before DD started saying he'd be open to doing more, right? I'm not sure. But, I don't think that Gillian is saying that she for sure isn't going to do anymore after this. I think the opportunity to do more isn't even on the table yet and she's assuming that it won't ever be, since it took so much to get this one agreed on. Maybe if this revival does great, and they presented the option to do more and were flexible with her time, I think she might be open to that. Who knows though. I'm surprised that DD has said that he's open to it. I'd love it if this revival was a huge success and led to a movie to close things out. 

Great article. I love the interviews where Gillian speaks openly and honestly about herself. She's great.

I think it's noteworthy that the interviewer said the interview took place on May 19th, which I think is before DD started saying he'd be open to doing more, right? I'm not sure. But, I don't think that Gillian is saying that she for sure isn't going to do anymore after this. I think the opportunity to do more isn't even on the table yet and she's assuming that it won't ever be, since it took so much to get this one agreed on. Maybe if this revival does great, and they presented the option to do more and were flexible with her time, I think she might be open to that. Who knows though. I'm surprised that DD has said that he's open to it. I'd love it if this revival was a huge success and led to a movie to close things out. 

Good point. I was wondering about that too tbh. Probably. Since they seem to be on the same page. Heck he was the one who convinced her lol. I was too, but not totally. I remember some press back when IWTB was coming out where he mentioned that he wouldn't mind playing Mulder more. I would love that too!

I think beyond their enjoyment in revisiting the characters and working together for a while, they both feel a bit beholden to CC to do XF projects when Fox actually lets him do one (hell, she dropped out of another film to do IWTB, and they both did it for peanuts up front in order to stretch the budget).  I think the "this is the last one" line of comments is simply based on the assumption this is all they're going to get, not on any sense of this is the last one she wants to do.

I don't generally care if finales don't "wrap things up" (and, in fact, tend to prefer ones that don't -- not in a cliffhanger sense, just in the sense that I feel like I have a handle on how the characters will carry on in future, even though I won't be looking in on them anymore), so I'm not invested in how much resolution they work into this revival, or what specific avenues of further exploration they leave open.  I just don't want it to suck.

• Love 2

Completely agree.

I also don't need things to be completely wrapped up (as long as it doesn't go the route of Lost). I was pretty okay with ending the mythology with the events of The Truth and just assuming that they found some way to thwart the alien colonization. With this revival, my primary interest is to see Mulder and Scully again in any capacity, not a resolution for the mythology.

• Love 2

I think beyond their enjoyment in revisiting the characters and working together for a while, they both feel a bit beholden to CC to do XF projects when Fox actually lets him do one (hell, she dropped out of another film to do IWTB, and they both did it for peanuts up front in order to stretch the budget).  I think the "this is the last one" line of comments is simply based on the assumption this is all they're going to get, not on any sense of this is the last one she wants to do.

I don't generally care if finales don't "wrap things up" (and, in fact, tend to prefer ones that don't -- not in a cliffhanger sense, just in the sense that I feel like I have a handle on how the characters will carry on in future, even though I won't be looking in on them anymore), so I'm not invested in how much resolution they work into this revival, or what specific avenues of further exploration they leave open.  I just don't want it to suck.

Exactly! Well put.

Just found an interesting article (Source: heroesandheartbreakers.com)... it lists what fans want to see and DEFINITELY check out the comments! That's where the really good stuff is at. A comment by a commenter called Kaina-girl stood out to me, she brought up some interesting points.

Just looked through it and checked one of the sources and found one of Chris's old comments about the relationship, circa 2001:

However, this is still “The X-Files,” and while Scully and Mulder did finally consummate their relationship at the end of last season (off camera, mind you), viewers must remember that Carter et al. have never been big supporters of the characters having actual fully-realized sexual relationships.

“There was a term I used, I was resistant to ‘domesticating’ the show,” he explains. “I felt it was wrong. ‘The X-Files’ was not a show about those kind of relationships, it was a show about ideas and about a search and a romantic quest — in the truest sense of the word.”

“It seemed to me that it would almost go against that kind of romance to have a physical relationship.”

Sourcehttp://www.eatthecorn.com/itw/2001/

My thoughts while reading that: Oh Chris you dolt! You let Mulder do it!

But to be fair, it seems as if he's come a long way from that to a point. I remember from IWTB that both him and Frank didn't want to 'domesticate' M & S. So they were still rather stuck there. Not as much as they were back in 2001 thankfully.

Honestly I'm curious and interested to see how things are handled. How much further has Chris come? Or is he still stubborn in that regard?

A more recent article:

Dread Central: The relationship between Mulder and Scully has always been so complicated, even through the second movie. How hard was it balancing out their relationship and keeping true to what’s best for the characters versus what would make the fans happy most (seeing them happy together)?

Chris Carter: You know, we spent so much time and energy keeping them apart; I think that constantly fluctuating dynamic was something the fans really responded to. But then it felt dishonest after all those years that if they were going to still be together that they wouldn’t be together romantically. That’s why we ended up putting them together. And even though we’ve seen them together in bed on the big screen, we really haven’t seen that relationship explored or developed yet so I think there’s room to do that. I do think that we were rewarding expectation by putting Mulder and Scully together though; it would have been ridiculous to keep them apart.

The bolded gives me some hope. But he's still bs'ing some what.

The whole 'dishonest' mention... since he pulled the 'who's the daddy' stunt back in the day. To even remotely say what he said above in that way is just bull. He can't white wash the fact that they were STILL pulling games after M & S were together.

I think he's realized some things, but can they overcome the history there? That I'm NOT so sure of.

Got more to back up that other interview where she mentions about closure. Here's the link to it.

Source: http://gillodavie.tumblr.com/post/120280651664/its-the-end-of-the-x-files-for-gillian

Just waiting for video from the Dallas Comic Con to come out to be able to confirm on it.

Edit: some video -- note, it doesn't have that part in it :(.

Source: youtube.com, via Katchkats

Still waiting.

Came across a little bit more via cryptoscullyism.

Source: cryptoscullyism, via tumblr.com

Damn the feels about this ;_;. It's understandable, but still rather sad.

She has said that she just wants to do the 6 new ones.

So it's crap or get off the pot time for Chris now!

But maybe, just maybe those kids will finally get some >:). Sorry, but I had to do that!

• Love 1

Apparently, at the Comic Con Q&A she said that fans would understand why the Mulder/Scully relationship is at where it's at and they'll be happy. I know Gilian knows how much MSR means to the fans, so I'm hoping that means that what WBD said before is not true. I'm leaning towards them being married...

• Love 1

Wow. I have no words. I am too!  Especially, given the context that Chris mentioned their relationship, ala: IWTB, was in. Why would he mention unmarried, if it weren't for them possibly taking the next step? It wouldn't make any sense imo. Take that WBD :P. I remember what he had said at the end about not knowing where the characters were at. So that means he KNOWS NOTHING and is pretty much talking out of his behind imo. 

Frankly I'm still taking this in lol. My brain pretty much leaked out of my ears for today after hearing that. To even picture that as a remote possibility is surprising tbh given CC's history on it. Seen some pretty funny talk around the internet about M & S possibly being married. It's crazy!

Got some new vids to post!

Source: Shawnda Owens, credit goes to her taping them, and youtube

Source: yodasama via youtube

The exact quote

Source: stella--for--star.tumblr.com

• Love 1

Well, this is interesting

Joel McHale (from Community) is going to play an anchor of a conservative Internet news network who becomes Mulder's ally. I like Joel in Community, but it's hard for me to picture him fitting the tone of The X-Files. Also, if it's a comedic role, I would have loved for Kumail Nanjiani to have been cast. 

Well, this is interesting

Joel McHale (from Community) is going to play an anchor of a conservative Internet news network who becomes Mulder's ally. I like Joel in Community, but it's hard for me to picture him fitting the tone of The X-Files. Also, if it's a comedic role, I would have loved for Kumail Nanjiani to have been cast. 

Da fuq? Unlikely would be an understatement XD.  This sounds like Geraldo Rivera/Bill O' Reilly joining in O_O. Messed up I tell ya'.

Fox had to have come up with that! :p

I only know him from The Soup, which I hate, so hopefully I'll see him as his character and not as some asshole who makes fat jokes.

Same here. Hopefully not. I'm praying to gosh that this doesn't get f'd up.

Yeah, on Community he's also kind of an asshole but of the "loveable" variety. That's why I'm having a hard time picturing him on XF, unless he's actually capable of playing a different type of character. Though I wouldn't put it past XF writers to throw in a few fat jokes.

Yeah, on Community he's also kind of an asshole but of the "loveable" variety. That's why I'm having a hard time picturing him on XF, unless he's actually capable of playing a different type of character. Though I wouldn't put it past XF writers to throw in a few fat jokes.

Me too. *ugh* I hope they don't. We don't need more of that crap. I really hope they're taking a jab at Bill O' Reilly tbh. The name reminded me of him a bit, right after I thought of Geraldo XD. It only makes sense now that I think about it... via the Dubya joke in IWTB.

After hearing about this news, M &S better be getting some ;) and they better be married. Because I don't know how much of the other I can take.

Found some interesting news: Annabeth Gish, who came on to the show in its later seasons after both Duchovny and Anderson had left, is rumored to be reprising her role as an FBI agent as well.

Via: http://www.themovienetwork.com/article/x-files-revival-series-begins-production

This is just a rumor, hasn't been confirmed yet.

And MORE confirmation that Robert Patrick isn't ever returning to the XF.

Viahttp://www.themarysue.com/robert-patrick-xfiles-terminator/

Have you guys posted this/seen this yet?

Episode 10.02 Title Released and Hints about the Actual Episode.

There are early indications that the second episode of Fox’s limited-series X-Files revival may be a sequel of sorts to the seminal, celebrated Season 4 outing “Home,” TVLine has learned exclusively.

For starters, Episode 2 of the six-episode continuation is titled “Home Again.” What’s more, the writer-director of the episode is Glen Morgan, who just so happened to pen the the original “Home” with fellow X scribe James Wong.

Wait, there’s more!

Remember the freakish Peacock clan at the center of “Home”? Well, “Home Again” may out-Monster of the Week those inbred savages via “Band-Aid Nose Man.” Described as intimidating, odd, weary, creepy and immeasurably strong, Mr. Man is a powerful, violent and frightening “thought” come to life.

Keanu!Whoa.....

• Love 1

So you guys saw this right? Looks like the red hair is back!! *grin*

Below are pictures of DD and GA on location/filming I guess. I've put them in spoiler tags only because I hate it when a big picture pops up in a post. It annoys me for some reason (don't ask).

Source

tumblr_nphyx6ndSL1rplt6qo1_250.jpg

tumblr_nphyx6ndSL1rplt6qo2_250.jpg

tumblr_inline_nphz72qtg01qd979t_500.png

I know this probably doesn't mean anything, but the song that plays at the end of IWTB (when Mulder confronts Scully outside their house) is titled Home Again. Kinda interesting.

Yea it is and I think it has to deal with their place tbh.

Someone on twitter asked Glen Morgan if we were going to see the Peacocks again and he responded "No". So either it's not referring to the episode or it's a different mutant family.

• Love 1

It's not suppose to be the Peacocks, just someone freakier than the Peacocks (according to the spoiler, that is):  “Band-Aid Nose Man.” Described as intimidating, odd, weary, creepy and immeasurably strong, Mr. Man is a powerful, violent and frightening “thought” come to life.

• Love 1

Someone on twitter asked Glen Morgan if we were going to see the Peacocks again and he responded "No". So either it's not referring to the episode or it's a different mutant family.

Sweet. Glad he took time to respond.

On a side note, someone on Twitter asked Gillian if M & S are married!

It's not suppose to be the Peacocks, just someone freakier than the Peacocks (according to the spoiler, that is):  “Band-Aid Nose Man.” Described as intimidating, odd, weary, creepy and immeasurably strong, Mr. Man is a powerful, violent and frightening “thought” come to life.

Ah. How can anyone be freakier than them?

I really want a ham sandwich now... lol

Me too. Damn it David!

We all joked about it on Twitter and David got a good laugh from it.

Will post the caps later.

Here they are:

My joke to him:

tweetmine.png

The response and the original tweet he made :).

wowthanks.png

Source: His Twitter feed

efhaeonfesdnfaos <-- how I feel right now

I posted a tweet to Glen Morgan earlier... and he favorited it. :)

Holy crap.

whoa.png

I had posted in response to a pic he posted earlier.

• Love 2

I posted a tweet to Glen Morgan earlier... and he favorited it. :)

That's cool! I like how interactive Glen is on twitter.

Here's the pic he posted:

CHAwh5bW0AEJXPq.jpg

I like how it says Mulder and Scully instead of David and Gillian like they used to.

I was trying to analyze the picture to see if we could get an spoilery clues of what they're filming, but other than the fact that it's in front of a green screen, I got nothing. But, seeing as how Chris posted the thing about "UFO Test" on instagram, I'm thinking it has something to do with that. Maybe it starts back in time at the end of Requiem and Mulder never gets on that UFO...a girl can dream :)

• Love 1

That's cool! I like how interactive Glen is on twitter.

Here's the pic he posted:

CHAwh5bW0AEJXPq.jpg

I like how it says Mulder and Scully instead of David and Gillian like they used to.

I was trying to analyze the picture to see if we could get an spoilery clues of what they're filming, but other than the fact that it's in front of a green screen, I got nothing. But, seeing as how Chris posted the thing about "UFO Test" on instagram, I'm thinking it has something to do with that. Maybe it starts back in time at the end of Requiem and Mulder never gets on that UFO...a girl can dream :)

Exactly. :)

Me too. Shows how far they've come imo. That's pretty neat. Someone saw some iv poles in it, so I figure maybe Scully still works at the hospital.

Could be something related to the mythology, or it could be Chris being Chris :P. Remember the werewolf mask from last time around?

Someone saw some iv poles in it, so I figure maybe Scully still works at the hospital.

I looked, but I'm not seeing any IV poles. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if Scully still works at the hospital, but I hope she doesn't stay there for too long. Scully as a doctor has never been interesting to me unless she's doctoring Mulder, haha.

Could be something related to the mythology, or it could be Chris being Chris :P. Remember the werewolf mask from last time around?

The first episode is definitely related to the mythology. At least I'm pretty sure that's what Chris has said. 

'The X-Files’ Revival Adds Aliza Vellani In Mystery Role

By Patrick Munn | June 6, 2015 - 10:25 am

http://www.tvwise.co...n-mystery-role/

From this article, it says that she was cast as a guest lead in the "best traditions of the X-Files." What could that mean? I have no idea what the best traditions of the X-Files are! Humor episode?

• Love 1

I hope she's not another FBI agent; Dakota Whitney v2 is the last thing I want to see.

I think it would be cool if Mulder was now an established author (or at least trying to get published). He always struck me as the writer type. :D

I hope she's not another FBI agent; Dakota Whitney v2 is the last thing I want to see.

I think it would be cool if Mulder was now an established author (or at least trying to get published). He always struck me as the writer type. :D

Same here.

That would be cool. Or maybe teaching at the FBI.

Makes me think it's a prop created for the tweet.

I figured "UFO test" was as plant, too.

Anything anyone from the show releases, I will assume is a deliberate obfuscation.

• Love 1