Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I  think Mercedes is relieve becasue now she doesn't have to have Sam asking her inappropriate questions and she can wipe her hands of him.  

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

Mercedes is the one winning here. I hope she finds herself a nice guy who's not dumb as a box of rocks. I sincerely hope that Sam and Rachel aren't "endgame" because I like Rachel and think she deserves much better.

(I don't hate Sam. I just think he's stupid and not suited for either of those women.)

• Love 7

At least they're not doing a love triangle and they're being honest with Samcedes shippers instead of stringing them along.

That's not the problem. Mercedes is nothing but a prop to cheer on her friend. She has no agency of her own, no reaction to that friend dating someone she was in a relationship with not that long ago. When that's a black woman and her white friend it becomes and often used and offensive trope.

When was the last time a person if colour had a storyline on this show that wasn't about propping up a white person?

• Love 8

Mercedes is the one winning here. I hope she finds herself a nice guy who's not dumb as a box of rocks. I sincerely hope that Sam and Rachel aren't "endgame" because I like Rachel and think she deserves much better.

(I don't hate Sam. I just think he's stupid and not suited for either of those women.)

Going from this episode and the very obvious foreshadowing w/ hypno Sam but also the song at the end with Samchel and Klaine, I think the chances of endgame are very high.

I don't want Samchel as endgame either.

Am I the only person who doesn't care who ends up with who? Like, just tell me Will, Emma, and their baby are happy and that's good enough for me.

And this is from someone who has liked a lot of the relationships on Glee. I just don't understand why the ending of everyone's story has to be some sort of romantic storyline.

Edited by Craphole Island

I do hate Sam, at least this Sam, who inappropriately asks his ex if she's a virgin, and tells Rachel while he's rejecting her it's nothing to do with her butt. At least this version of Sam is so gross with women. I almost wish we were getting Blam instead...

Am I the only person who doesn't care who ends up with who? Like, just tell me Will, Emma, and their baby are happy and that's good enough for me.

And this is from someone who has liked a lot of the relationships on Glee. I just don't understand why the ending of everyone's story has to be some sort of romantic storyline.

I'd rather they all be single tbh.    Emma and Will would be good enough for me too.

I don't think any of them should be together. There is no one couple, except maybe Quick that look like they should be together.

Yeah, I've never been much of a shipper. I have some couples I like on other shows, but Glee... eh. Whatever. No one ever keeps the same personality for long, and the whole group is so incestuous and fights so much that it's hard for me to buy any of them as friends, let alone endgame-worthy romantic pairings.

• Love 1

Yeah, I've never been much of a shipper. I have some couples I like on other shows, but Glee... eh. Whatever. No one ever keeps the same personality for long, and the whole group is so incestuous and fights so much that it's hard for me to buy any of them as friends, let alone endgame-worthy romantic pairings.

Oh this quote reminds me of the best Glee line ever, from Emma Pillsbury in "I Do".

Never seen anyone who doesn't like Will/Emma. Any complaints are usually about Emma being used as a Will prop.

Oh I've seen plenty of people hate them, but let's not open that can of worms. Ha ha. There are legit reasons to dislike any of the relationships,

I agree with the prop criticism even though I enjoy the couple,

This is off-topic anyway.

On to current couples, I'm undecided about Sam/Rachel. I still think the writers might just use them as a transition relationship for Rachel.

If they're going to bury/resolve/give closure to Samcedes next week which seems to be the indication plus consistently have them mention Klaine/Samchel together and we know they both share duets in episode 7 I'm thinking the chances of endgame are pretty high. Hypno Sam may have been psycho, but he was pretty foreshadowing meta-ish.

Not to mention the shared moments with Klaine like in the last number. I think chances of endgame are very high.

This is off-topic anyway.

On to current couples, I'm undecided about Sam/Rachel. I still think the writers might just use them as a transition relationship for Rachel.

I do too.  They went a little heavy on the meta tonight which makes me questions them even more.

Edited by tom87

I do too.  They went a little heavy on the meta tonight which makes me questions them even more.

It was a lot of meta but also foreshadowing as well. The end moments and what we know is coming, IDK chances of endgame are high. Plus resolving/closing Samcedes before moving forward w/ Samchel also indicates that this is it.

Or it could be that since neither girl is really meant to stay in Lima while Sam actively chose to be there after he found success in NYC they are setting things up so neither one ends up with him.  After all there are very few Sam/Rachel spoilers after them sitting together at the wedding.  At this point it is all speculation.  It wouldn't surprise me if they were end game (even if it will be with the stupidest writing possible) but it also wouldn't surprise me if it was used as a transition given that Rachel's future seems to be in NY while Sam has no desire to live there.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 3

Or it could be that since neither girl is really meant to stay in Lima while Sam actively chose to be there after he found success in NYC they are setting things up so neither one ends up with him. After all there are very few Sam/Rachel spoilers after them sitting together at the wedding. At this point it is all speculation.

I hope you're right, but when has this show ever had a straight white man dumped and end up alone?!

• Love 1

Finn for all of season 4 (even going as far as re-litigating the break-up in Good-Bye so Finn could be the dumpee) and since they are selling Sam as Finn lite I could see then doing a re-hash of the train scene.  That would mean he does the dumping  and makes the sacrifice.  

Edited by camussie

Finn for all of season 4 (even going as far as re-litigating the break-up in Good-Bye so Finn could be the dumpee) and since they are selling Sam as Finn lite I could see then doing a re-hash of the train scene.  That would mean he does the dumping  and makes the sacrifice.  

Or they agree to go long distance off screen, or he goes with her to New York. Like come on guys this is the final season, Rachel's not ending up alone and they're clearly setting her up w/ Sam as her endgame and they're not being subtle about it.

Finn for all of season 4 (even going as far as re-litigating the break-up in Good-Bye so Finn could be the dumpee) and since they are selling Sam as Finn lite I could see then doing a re-hash of the train scene. That would mean he does the dumping and makes the sacrifice.

But he wasn't suppose to end up alone. He was suppose to find his passion and get his girl. Season 4 was his knocking down so he could have the triumphant return.

This is the end. I just don't see them leaving the last white boy standing alone.

Like come on guys this is the final season, Rachel's not ending up alone and they're clearly setting her up w/ Sam as her endgame and they're not being subtle about it.

Why do people need to come on because they happen to have a different speculation than you?  You stating over and over  that it is fact doesn't make it fact and only seems aimed and quashing discussion of all other possibilities. And as I said before that is strange, given that this is a board specifically designed for discussing Glee, which believe it or not encompasses more than just your opinion.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 3

Why do people need to come on because they happen to have a different speculation than you?  You stating over and over  that it is fact doesn't make it fact and only seems aimed and quashing discussion of all other possibilities. And as I said before that is strange, given that this is a board specifically designed for discussing Glee, which believe it or not encompasses more than just your opinion.  

Well so far my spec of many things including Mercedes being the third party has been proven true. So I'm just saying that these writers are not being subtle with what they're doing. Whether people choose to accept it or not.

Well so far my spec of many things including Mercedes being the third party has been proven true. So I'm just saying that these writers are not being subtle with what they're doing. Whether people choose to accept it or not.

No-one's saying its not true. I'm not arguing that you haven't been right with the spoilers. I'm saying its awful in so many ways. Having Rachel date anyone from Finn's group of friends is awful, but Finn-lite is the worst. Have Mercedes lowered to the trope of black friend doing nothing but propping up the relationship is awful. And having Sam complete the set of the original New Directions girls is awful.

Edited by jtrattray
Whether people choose to accept it or not.

You may very well end up being right  that they are endgame but at this point it is still speculation so it is not a matter of people accepting it as fact.  It is a matter of people interpreting what has happened so far differently than you,  Trying to cyber bludgeon people so they agree with is just really strange.

And yes you were right about Mercedes (which few people disagreed with) but that doesn't mean that it is good writing to reduce Mercedes to a racist trope.   

As for what happens down the line I should point out your speculation of some things has been wrong as well.  You were convinced that Sue would see Sam/Rachel in a chemistry laden moment and that would be what prompted her choose Sam to hypnotize.  Didn't happen.  She walked up to Sam out of the blue and hypnotized him.  

You were convinced that Sam/Rachel would be going slowly yet next week he is saying he loves her.  I realize it isn't a very romantic moment but he is still saying those words really quickly.  I took the scene to be a person saying those words to someone they have been dating a while and they slip out in an unguarded moment and they are horrified by it because it they aren't sure if the other person feels the same way.  Hell I have been in a situation almost exactly like that.  I said "I love you" to a boyfriend I had been dating a while as I was rushing out the door to make a meeting.  Given that Sam/Rachel haven't even been on a date yet I find either one of them saying those words to be really quick no matter the context which is exactly Sam's M.O.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

Anyone familiar with TV tropes?!

Even without tropes it wasn't a stretch of the imagination to think it was possibly Mercedes  once we knew she was in that episode.

If Quinn showed up in that episode instead of Mercedes I would have thought Quinn was a possible 3rd party.

Edited by tom87

It's Sam. Nearly anybody could be the third party. 

They're using Mercedes for 2 reasons.

She's connected to both individuals and to give Samcedes resolution and closure before pursuing Samchel completely. They're being honest with Samcedes fans, whether or not the fans want to accept that is a whole other issue on their part. 

Be careful about stating opinion as fact. We have zero idea about anyone's endgame right now.

*sigh*

Okay well then what other reason is there for Mercedes to be third interest party that pushes Samchel in the right direction if it's not designed to give closure/resolution to Samcedes?  We know that's what the third interested party does, so wouldn't that mean she approves of the relationship and pushes them to be together?

I'm sorry but it seems clear to me that the next episode is designed to give Samcedes closure and to bury it, while clearing the way for Sam/Rachel.

Edited by Hookian

It's Glee. They could completely change their minds and do something else in under two minutes of screen time. They seem into Sam/Rachel for the moment, but it is Sam. He's paired with anybody single regardless of personality or it making sense. Karofsky's mom could wander by and Sam would be plausibly interested.

• Love 3

*sigh*

Okay well then what other reason is there for Mercedes to be third interest party that pushes Samchel in the right direction if it's not designed to give closure/resolution to Samcedes?  We know that's what the third interested party does, so wouldn't that mean she approves of the relationship and pushes them to be together?

I don't care what it means and I don't care to speculate about it. I'm asking you to stop stating opinion as fact and to stop telling other posters that they are in denial or flat-out wrong. It stifles discussion and it's clearly not going over well with your fellow posters.

• Love 11

And once again NO ONE is disagreeing that they are using Mercedes in an oh so tropey way in the next episode to give closure for Sam/Mercedes and  clear the way for a Sam/Rachel romance, whatever form that romance takes, so why do you keep repeating it as if people are disagreeing with you on that point?  Let me say one last time NO ONE is.  We all get  that is what is happening in the next episode and into episodes 7/8.

What people are speculating about is what form the Sam/Rachel romance will take in the end - whether it will be some sort of endgame or whether it will be something transitional.  At this point none of us know for sure, not even you, and there is certainly indicators it could go either way.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

I would love to know at what point does Sam become aware he is/was hypnotized or if he "never" finds out. This whole story plot line is ridiculous and it isn't doing Sam or Rachel any favors. They are currently writing Rachel as naive as Sam and seemingly desperate to have any man love her at this point. And it just happens at this time and point Sam is the guy in the cross hairs because of Sue's meddling and because Rachel finds him safe.

GleeonFox is trying really hard to give the Sam and Rachel debacle traction but it seems it's mostly (my opinion and not fact)  rabid Sam/Chord stans who want him as a lead and with anyone but Mercedes and those Rachel stans who don't want her to end up alone that are buying into this farce. So yeah whatever Glee.

There are script pages in the great void known as Tumblr that seem to indicate some St Elsewhereish ending. I'd call this totally crazy, but when I went to my work lunch room today there was a life sized blow up snow globe. I'm fairly sure I'm not high, but sometimes it is hard to tell.

Shit, son, I've been saying for 3 years that it wouldn't surprise me if everything that's happened since Glee went all whackadoodle happened inside Quinn's head because she had a complete breakdown at some point. If it turns out I'm not too far off from that, I'm going to crap a kitten. And then laugh and laugh and laugh...

I'm sure that script is fake, if only because if they were really going to do that, it would be completely under lock and key.  Although props to whoever spent the time making a fake script... even if they did steal the idea from Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

Who stole it from Newhart, who stole it from St. Elsewhere...

Re: Next week's promo, I'm betting Brittany's real father is going to be Stephen Hawking.

I don't want any Rachel endgame romance. I want her to suck it up and go back to auditioning. She doesn't need a man. She needs a somewhat competent agent and to be pointed in the right direction.

She's also going to need the strength to stand a lot of doors slammed in her face until she finds that one director that's willing to give her a chance to prove herself. And please Gods... let her actually find that in herself instead of having everyone around her propping her up and telling her how amazing she is and that everyone else is wrong.

Well fortunately for Rachel she has Mercedes acting as a de facto agent as she gets her an audition.  I wish it was Mercedes encouraging her to steel her spine to give Broadway another try instead of going as far to land her an audition.  It would be better for Rachel's character if she was the one who did the heavy lifting here.  

• Love 1