Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Forgive You Anything

• Start Topic

Severide lobbies Chief Boden for a favor for Scott Rice, an old friend needing a second chance with the CFD, but Casey and Otis have their doubts. Elsewhere, Mills works to regain his active squad status while Brett and Dawson decide they need a big night out.

Jay just asked Voigt  for a favor from some old friend needing a second chance on PD.

Boooooooooooo.  There are only so many stories to tell, but maybe wait more than 2 weeks between copying storylines.

• Love 1

Jay just asked Voigt  for a favor from some old friend needing a second chance on PD.

Boooooooooooo.  There are only so many stories to tell, but maybe wait more than 2 weeks between copying storylines.

That's just uber lazy. There's no excuse for that with the money these people are paid!

• Love 1

I'm beginning to hate Mills. You go around bragging how you'll be on squad again soon because you tilted your head back at home?! That's your diagnostic? Im glad to know they didn't fanwank his issues away, but THAT'S how he decides he's ready? Seriously?

And where did Newhouse go??????

• Love 3

Something has to go wrong with this construction project of Casey's. Maybe something from his past is going to rise up against him, someone seeking revenge for something.  It just has to.  Or maybe it's just Capone's other safe.

I'm surprised we haven't seen an appearance of a personnel assistant dragon lady, what with all the movement at House 51.  They must be getting irritated at the paperwork.

Ok why the Boden "family leave act" ? what was the deal with this? He takes off for two maybe three episodes, voluntarily then seemingly comes back as if he had to  be given the okay to return? What happened to Newhouse and why? 

Something has to go wrong with this construction project of Casey's. Maybe something from his past is going to rise up against him, someone seeking revenge for something.  It just has to.  Or maybe it's just Capone's other safe.

I'm surprised we haven't seen an appearance of a personnel assistant dragon lady, what with all the movement at House 51.  They must be getting irritated at the paperwork.

Oh Eric Mabius is clearly shady. And is going to play on the fire fighter brotherhood connex to get casey to do something he shouldn't. Or Eric Mabius secretly beats the waitress that was giving Casey the eye, and since he can't resist a damsel in distress, he'll put himself in the middle of it.

Ok why the Boden "family leave act" ? what was the deal with this? He takes off for two maybe three episodes, voluntarily then seemingly comes back as if he had to  be given the okay to return? What happened to Newhouse and why? 

I think Boden took several weeks off, maybe it just didn't appear that way? And last week Donna asked Hermann to get him out of the house, so Hermann told him everything that had been going on with Chief douchebag and begged him to come back.

Mouch really brought it tonight. He had me in tears in the kitchen scene, begging the brother for another chance. And who knew Platt had a heart?! I hope the girl isn't going to break his heart.

I thought Otis's immediate hatred of Rice was a little out of character for him. I understood Cap's reluctance since he would lose his girlfriend in Severide, but Otis was OTT.

Am very intrigued by the new doctor angle in Severide's life. What did he do to break her heart?!?

Last I knew about Newhouse, he had to go visit family and decided to stay, IIRC?

• Love 1

Why oh why does every single story have to revolve around parenthood for cripe's sake? Right on the heels of Mouch finding out he's a father, here's yet another new character, with a kid in tow. Jeepers these writers have no imagination whatsoever. It's like they figure every time they throw another kid into the mix it's a shortcut to making us like a character. Plenty of creeps have kids, it doesn't make them sympathetic. Even roaches breed.

At this point I expect to find out Severide has a secret kid with the doctor lady.

Enough already.

• Love 1

This whole sperm donor = father is annoying.  Someone donating/selling something that they usually throw in the trash or flush does not = being a father.   Are they trying to convince people not to donate?  We have friends that have a child only because of a sperm donor - but I would think if men even had a thought that they would be tracked down and called daddy 16 years later they wouldn't even consider it.  I know I know...it was a data breach - but still there's a huge difference between a donor and a biological parent that gives up a child to adoption.

I seriously HATE the whole story line.  However I admire Trudy for being so supportive and and the "i can teach her my hair and make up tips" made it less gross.

Thankful for only getting SuperGabby party girl - but they don't need to try and put Mills in her cape this week.

• Love 3
Something has to go wrong with this construction project of Casey's. Maybe something from his past is going to rise up against him, someone seeking revenge for something.

Note to Casey:  The mother of your future children is not gyrating on stripper pole right now.  Put on some of your firefighter garb, grab a book and  pretend to read in a park.  If you need some money, bid on a construction project at that park or a nearby school.  Why do you need me to tell you this???

At this point I expect to find out Severide has a secret kid with the doctor lady.

Gosh, that makes sense.  Perhaps Severide thought she aborted it or gave it up for adoption but she really kept it and now its sixteen and hanging out with Mouch's daughter.  So be it.  Severide and that doctor lady would sure make a beautiful baby together.

By the way, I loved that Mouch's daughter had his unusual almond-shaped eyes.  She rocks them, her father not as much.

Edited by MaryHedwig
  • Love 1

I think Mills should fight for his spot on squad.  I don't like that they had a SL that ever took him off of squad. I also think he should fight to find a barber that likes him. I will miss Newhouse though, I thought for sure he and Mills were going to have a spin-off  about their after hour activities called Chicago Bounty Hunters...

Don't care about Severide and the "Chicago Med" doctor I'm sure it will last a hot second and never be spoken of again.  The only pairing I even kinda liked with Severide was one that never materialized between him and Mills' sister.

Why are they acting like Mouch gave up the girl for adoption? Also, was the older brother also a product of a donor?

Oh Brett hope you don't end up with a case of If it makes you happy syndrome.  Also how old are they supposed to be? Who wants to run around clubbing after 25(personally I say 21...).

Is the chick from Chicago Med a doctor?  When casting came about she was a nurse, but they also changed her name 3 times.

I don't care about Mills, I just want Clark back #neverforget

Brett could be older. She's from a small ass town in Indiana and has always had a homebody life. Big city shenanigans might still be new to her.

• Love 1

Is Newhouse definetly gone? I wonder if the actor got a pilot.

Speaking of Clark, did Jeff Hephners pilot ever get going? I'd love him back on the show. I always thought he would have been a better match for Lindsay on PD then Severide.

Jeff Hephner's Agent X picked up by TNT, premieres in 2015 with 10 episodes. Am happy for the actor but still miss him on CF.He was the best addition to the original cast, imo...Sadly, it seems like a common trend that CF writers spend much effort and screen time to introduce the new characters (mostly FFs on Squad 3 ;)) and then the actors up and leave the show looking for greener pastures...

I wonder if it'll be the case with Warren Christie who plays Rice - that new guy, Severide's school buddy...Secretly, I hope so 'cause I have a feeling that he will put a wedge between Casey and Severide, and I'd hate to see their bromance ruined. Besides, I don't find him interesting. He is like an odd cross between Severide, Newhouse and Herrmann - he looks like Kelly's clone, another single dad and is full of funny stories. A bit of an overkill to me :( The writers are on repeat again (which is not surprising b/c they now have three shows to attend to, ughh)...But I've read somewhere that Rice will play a MAJOR part next season :(

By the way, I loved that Mouch's daughter had his unusual almond-shaped eyes.  She rocks them, her father not as much.

She is Christian Stolte's real daughter, so it's not surprising she has his eyes :)

• Love 3

This whole sperm donor = father is annoying.  Someone donating/selling something that they usually throw in the trash or flush does not = being a father.   Are they trying to convince people not to donate?  We have friends that have a child only because of a sperm donor - but I would think if men even had a thought that they would be tracked down and called daddy 16 years later they wouldn't even consider it.  I know I know...it was a data breach - but still there's a huge difference between a donor and a biological parent that gives up a child to adoption.

I seriously HATE the whole story line.  However I admire Trudy for being so supportive and and the "i can teach her my hair and make up tips" made it less gross.

Agree, I'm sure men prefer to remain anonymous.  I don't believe Mouch needs to immediately turn into a parent, either.

Nice job by Trudy but I didn't understand why she implied that this was info Mouch should have disclosed to her when they met.

Besides the above, yes, I thought Otis seemed out of character WRT Rice.  And PeterMills shouldn't automatically expect / demand that spot.  If he receives his medical clearance, fine, he can compete for it.  Or, perhaps it's time for him to move to another house.

Agree, nothing good will come out of Casey's new side job.

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 1

All of the other main characters has gotten to keep their spots, tramatic brain injury, an arm hanging on by the sinews, Nick Fury eyepatches and engagements be darned. PeterMills should get to keep his too...after he gets a different haircut.(technically I know Gabby did lose her spot at the other firehouse but come on, like she was ever leaving 51)

Edited by miracole
  • LOL 1

IIRC, hadn't PeterMills been a FF for about a hot second b4 joining Squad?  WRT his spot, IMHO that'd be a  matter of seniority.  Same thing for Gabby and the rest of them.  Granted, Rice must have lost his seniority due to the break in service but he may need the place to stay on the show!  Peter has a part, lol!

Peter rubbed me the wrong way with his line about "I'll get my medical clearance and then jam it down their throats".  Sorry, I didn't follow his point.  Was that just his anger at Severide?  That attitude's conducive to a LT working relationship with your superiors and coworkers, uh, how??

Can't fault Severide, IMHO.  If he was short a man on Squad and no floater or another FF was transferring over from another house, why wouldn't he hire an old bud, presumably a known quantity, assuming he was satisfied Rice truly was ready to return?  Why would Squad operate with a man down indefinitely?

Speaking of floaters, will Tommy Welch / that actor return?  Pridgen, now out himself, could just bounce the guy.  Yep, it's CF.  Whatever ...

Speaking of floaters, will Tommy Welch / that actor return?  Pridgen, now out himself, could just bounce the guy.  Yep, it's CF.  Whatever ...

Sadly, I don't think Welch will return. They had only one spot on Squad to fill. Welch may be one hell of a firfighter and he is def much more experienced than Rice, but he is not a buddy of Lt.Severide...and from what I see, the next season can safely be called 'Severide and his friends' b/c the writers promised that Rice will play a major part in S4. And the Nurse April character was concieved solely in order to cross over CF and ChiMed spinoff, imo...