Type keyword(s) to search

Secret Identities: The Cast in Other Roles

Trini
  • Start Topic

Interview with Jesse L. Martin and Rick Cosnett about making The Letter Carrier.

Rick: The whole process is so intense, you know, and leading up to it, from the moment you open your eyes until the moment you go to bed, it’s all you can think about and all you can dream about, and so it was really surreal having it finished and having it there on a box of hard drives. It was just such a special experience, and it was something, I think, that as Jesse was saying, was a real testament to the passion and the creativity in Vancouver and the film community. Everyone actually was so psyched to do this, and they were just wanting to help in every way possible, and we really did have an embarrassment of riches. We had so many different people wanting to do all kind of jobs, and it was also cool because, you know, there was a few people who were in more junior positions, on The Flash and the crew, and they got to move up into more senior positions within the crew, and some of them ended up getting promoted and able to move up faster.

And I think, after it was finished – I wasn’t prepared for just how much work there would be to do in post-production as well.

Jesse: Neither one of us were.

• Love 1
On 9/2/2016 at 3:03 AM, Trini said:
On 8/28/2016 at 0:15 PM, Trini said:

In other news, Candice is scheduled to be a guest star on Whose Line Is It Anyway? on Sept. 14th.

Looks like her appearance has been cancelled/postponed. No new date yet.

On 9/2/2016 at 1:15 PM, Velocity23 said:

It was probably pushed to the last Wednesday in September.

The last episode scheduled has a different guest star. :(
Since WLIIA? won't be on again until CW's winter break, if Candice filmed an episode, it won't be on until December the earliest.

1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Danielle Panabaker was on @Midnight tonight.

Ooh, has it aired yet? Or does it air tomorrow night?

I want to see them get Tom Cavanagh on there.

On a side note, I found a 30+ min video talking about Matt Letscher's old movie "Straight-Jacket" from 2004. It actually had some interesting discussion that would suit the Lightning rods thread-- stuff about how hard it was to get movies made about gay characters.

I love Veronica Cartwright, so it was good to see her in it as well. Anyway, if anyone is interested, here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekCTjBtLhWk

I can't help but want to see Reverse Flash scream like the character does at some point.

‘The Flash’s Grant Gustin Draws ‘The Last Full Measure’

EXCLUSIVE: Foresight Unlimited has set The Flash star Grant Gustin to join The Last Full Measure, the political drama that Todd Robinson will direct from his script. Shooting on the film begins this weekend in Atlanta and Costa Rica. Gustin will play actual Medal of Honor recipient William Pitsenbarger, a special forces Para-rescue Jumper who is pivotal to the plot. He joins Sebastian Stan, Christopher Plummer, William Hurt, Samuel L. Jackson, Bradley Whitford, Michael Imperioli and Linus Roache.

• Love 2

Robbie Amell returning to The X-Files.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Robbie Amell (The Flash) and Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under) have signed on to reprise their roles as Agents Miller and Einstein in the series’ latest revival (set to bow on Fox in early 2018). It remains unclear how many of Season 11’s 10 episodes they will appear in.

http://tvline.com/2017/08/14/the-x-files-season-11-robbie-amell-lauren-ambrose-returning/

Violett Beane (Jeese Quick) to recur on The Resident.

Beane will play Lily, a cancer patient under the care of Dr. Conrad Hawkins (Matt Czuchry) and Dr. Devon Pravesh (Manish Dayal). Abandoned by her fiancé and far from home, Lily inspires the hospital staff to be protective and emotionally involved in her outcome. The course of her treatment by famous oncologist, Dr. Lane Hunter (Melina Kanakaredes) is a crucial key to the thriller arc of the season.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/the-resident-violett-beane-recur-fox-drama-1202163587/

Tom Cavanugh part of the cast of Darrow & Darrow on Hallmark Movie Channel. It premieres October 22.

Further complicating Claire's life is Miles Strasburg (Cavanagh), the A.D.A. While he's her adversary in the courtroom, outside of court Miles tries to make a case for taking their professional relationship to a more personal level.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2017/05/15/kimberly-williams-paisley-stars-in-darrow-and-darrow-for-hallmark-movies-and-mysteries-805010/20170515hallmark01/

Cross-posting this info about Tom and Grant's film project:

Congratulations on your short film, Tom & Grant—you with your buddy from The Flash, Grant Gustin.

I had three weeks to get that done between Darrow & Darrow and The Flash. We just finished the edits a week ago and we are submitting to the Sundance Film Festival. It’s a heist movie with two inept bank robbers.

I thought about the current political climate, where I don’t believe Republicans are going to listen to Democrats—no matter how good the reason—and Democrats won’t listen to Republicans.

I also thought, “What if I could find a way to write something catchy enough that expressed how I felt about the current state of politics?” I’m trying to get the message across by not getting the message across—it’s entertainment first.

https://parade.com/611073/stephaniestephens/tom-cavanagh-busy-on-hallmark-the-cw-and-the-big-screen/

The film has been making the rounds in film festivals for a while, but there's finally a trailer for Krystal, in which Grant Gustin has a supporting role.

-----

On 3/28/2017 at 8:33 PM, Artsda said:

‘The Flash’s Grant Gustin Draws ‘The Last Full Measure’

EXCLUSIVE: Foresight Unlimited has set The Flash star Grant Gustin to join The Last Full Measure, the political drama that Todd Robinson will direct from his script. Shooting on the film begins this weekend in Atlanta and Costa Rica. Gustin will play actual Medal of Honor recipient William Pitsenbarger, a special forces Para-rescue Jumper who is pivotal to the plot. He joins Sebastian Stan, Christopher Plummer, William Hurt, Samuel L. Jackson, Bradley Whitford, Michael Imperioli and Linus Roache.

Apparently, Grant isn't attached to this anymore.

(edited)

Nothing to do with Flash, but thought I'd share this interview with Danny Trejo (Breacher).

I've never really seen him interviewed before, and he seems like a real sweetheart! I can't believe he's in his 70s!

------------

Grant in Krystal promotion:

------------

And Tom Cavanagh is in another Darrow & Darrow movie, coming out in May.

darrowanddarrow2-0176-rt.jpg

Edited by Trini

Danielle in another Halmark movie:

Danielle Panabaker’s been busy helping fight villains over on The CW’s “The Flash,” but she’s going to take a little break this Christmas to find love in a brand-new Hallmark holiday movie. The actress hasn’t starred on the network since her 2014 fall flick “Recipe for Love” with Shawn Roberts, but she’s ready to get back into it, this time for a new season and with a new love interest.

“Excited to be working with @hallmarkchannel again on Christmas Joy,” Panabaker tweeted on Wednesday to share the exciting news.

The movie, “Christmas Joy,” is based on Nancy Naigle’s novel of the same name and will feature Matt Long (“Mad Men”) as Panabaker’s co-star. Though this will be his first Hallmark movie, a Christmas-themed one is a great way to jump right in.

This interview is mainly about Violett's role in Truth Or Dare, but she says a little bit about The Flash.:

You also work on THE FLASH. What have you enjoyed about working on that show?
VIOLETT: Playing a superhero is probably the coolest thing you could ever do (next to being an actual superhero). Jesse Quick is such a strong powerful chick, and playing her has been insanely rad!

What have you taken away from that acting experience on THE FLASH?
VIOLETT: THE FLASH was kind of my first big set, so I have learned a lot since starting that project. I’ll never forget my very first day, I was so nervous and kept forgetting my lines. Tom Cavanagh could tell and he was so sweet, and helped me through it. I hope throughout my career, I can do the same for new actors. It’s irreplaceable.

Violett Beane's (Jesse Quick) pilot got a series order from CBS:

In God Friended Me, which is from Greg Berlanti’s production house, questions of faith, existence and science are explored when an outspoken atheist’s life is turned upside down after he is “friended” by God on social media. Unwittingly, the young man (The Mayor‘s Brandon Micheal Hall) becomes an agent of change in the lives and destinies of others around him. The cast also includes Joe Morton (Scandal), Violett Beane (The Flash), Suraj Sharma (Homeland) and Javicia Leslie.

http://tvline.com/2018/05/11/magnum-pi-reboot-cbs-drama-orders-god-friended-me/