Type keyword(s) to search

Secret Identities: The Cast in Other Roles

Trini
  • Start Topic

I think one of those projects didn't even make it to production.

I hope this movie works out for him but with the COVID-19 outbreak I am suspicious of anything that's going to be filmed in the next few months. I am sure you've heard about the Riverdale news. Fingers crossed they won't shut down production.

• Love 1

'The Flash Stars Go Head to Head in May 1 Broadway JackBox'

Stars of CW’s The Flash are set to join Andrew Barth Feldman and Alex Boniello on the May 1 Broadway Jackbox event. Joining the co-hosts will be Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, Carlos Valdes, and Andy Mientus.

The series, which launched March 13, features performers playing games from developer Jackbox Games while raising funds for The Actors Fund during the coronavirus pandemic. To date, the gaming show has raised almost $25,000.

Co-produced by Feldman and Boniello, the May 1 event will stream at 6 PM ET on Tiltify and Twitch (click on this link). Money is raised through donations from viewers.

https://tiltify.com/@bwayjackbox/bwayjackbox

• Love 1
On 4/30/2020 at 7:12 PM, Trini said:

If anyone missed the live stream and still wanted to watch, the video is here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/608482370

(And it may end up on youtube later.)

---

My main takeaways are: they need to stop making Carlos shave, and the show is sleeping on Jesse by not letting him do more comedy.

• Love 1

Danielle P. and David Rapaport on Instagram; she talks about how she got started in acting, the casting and auditioning process from the viewpoint of an actor, how directing has informed that, bits about shooting The Flash, and personal and professional anecdotes.

Candice will be a part of IGN's Summer of Gaming:

IGN's Summer of Gaming Charity Events

As part of our Summer of Gaming programming, we’ll be raising money through charitable donations in support of the World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund.

We’ll have a number of charity-specific segments to both entertain and inspire you, including IGN’s Celebrity Island Tours in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which will include some of the biggest names in pop culture, taking fans inside the world of Animal Crossing: New Horizons to explore guests’ unique islands in a day-long live stream.

Animal Crossing: Celebrity Island Tours will include special segments of the hit talk show Animal Talking with host and creator Gary Whitta (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, The Book of Eli), which streams on his Twitch channel and can be watched in VOD on his YouTube channel. Guests for this charity live stream include Candice Patton, Simu Liu, Felicia Day, Shannon Woodward, Cliff Bleszinski, Matthew Mercer, Austin Creed, Michelle Zauner of Japanese Breakfast and more.

June 16

Charity Stream (11am PT):

IGN’s Celebrity Tours in Animal Crossing: New Horizons:

With special segments of the viral hit talk show Animal Talking with host and creator Gary Whitta and guests Candice Patton, Simu Liu, Felicia Day, Shannon Woodward, Cliff Bleszinski, Matthew Mercer, Austin Creed, Michelle Zauner of Japanese Breakfast, Jessica Chobot, Lauren Lapkus, Naomi Kyle, the Merrell Twins, Andrea Rene, Alanah Pearce, Arin Hanson of Game Grumps

Keiynan Lonsdale is in the new movie Work It, which came out today on Netflix: https://collider.com/work-it-trailer-netflix-dance-movie/

Interview with Keiynan here, where he mentions the cast on The Flash:

MTV News: Coming from Australia, has the Black Lives Matter movement changed the way you think about your work or the industry, in general?

Lonsdale: I first came to America in 2014 and it was the first time I had heard of it. I was in Atlanta so, coming from Australia, it was the first time I was surrounded by so many people that looked like me in my life. Everything started changing for me then. Even working on The Flash and having my cast family, Jessie Martin and Candice Patton, that became such a hub of an education for me — a Black education, and an African-American one, more specifically. For me, growing up in Australia, it was just different. I hear people in America say they were not taught a lot about the truth and I think, well, we didn't even get a quarter of that information in Australia. So, for my music, I made very conscious decisions with the lyrics I chose, working with the kinds of people who have the right intentions. It’s in the choices I’ve made with film and TV. It's at the forefront.

work-it-poster-405x600.jpg

CW Seed recently put up all 5 seasons of 90210. I never watched it, but it reminded me that Grant Gustin appeared in 8 episodes in season 5; but I just found out that Jessica Parker Kennedy (Nora West-Allen) was also on the show that same season. There was only one episode (S5.E12) with both their characters; but they didn't share any scenes.

Grant Gustin to teach a class at his alma mater (virtually): 'Governor’s School for the Arts adds professional teaching talent'

And while the coronavirus pandemic has kept its students away from school, it has also given some professionals, including Governor’s School graduates, more time to teach virtual classes, she said.

Artists from Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Germany, Israel and other far-flung locations have responded to Governor’s School requests to teach one-off classes and longer series.

“We try to come up with ways to really excite and engage the students,” Thorpe said.

Grant Gustin, “The Flash” on network TV, and Adrienne Warren, who starred as Tina Turner in the Broadway musical “Tina,” are among the master class teachers.

Grant Gustin booked another hiatus film; hopefully it gets made this time: 'Grant Gustin to Star in Netflix Real-Life Drama 'Rescued by Ruby''

Gustin will play Dan, a state trooper that dreams of joining the K-9 search and rescue team, but no one will give him the chance. The rest of the logline reads: "Shelter dog Ruby dreams of having a home but is running out of hope. When fate brings Dan and Ruby together, it's their unshakable bond that helps them face their toughest challenge yet."

Katt Shea is set to direct with A Walk to Remember scripter Karen Janszen penning the drama based on the short stories “Ruby: A Dogwink Story” and "Dogwink Ruby."

Grant's Instagram post about it: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLusTx_FISh/

That's nice, he'll get to work with dogs!

From Tom Cavanagh's EW interview:

You're also slated to direct an episode of Superman & Lois. Have you started shooting that yet?

They asked me to direct their finale. As you know, I directed the 100th episode of Flash and I embraced the pomp and circumstance of these types of episode, and I'm really grateful to be jumping on board Superman & Lois.

Beyond Superman & Lois, what else do you have coming down the pike?

This is kind of cool. I sold a pilot I wrote to Warner Bros. and I'm also in talks with the National Hockey League about a project with Shane Doan, who is the longtime captain of the Arizona Coyotes. Shane and I have been friends for years and years years, and he recently retired as a captain and he's in the front office of the Arizona Coyotes now. We had been talking about this project for when he hung up the blades. So, we've been working on that in conjunction with the NHL. It's a half-hour single camera comedy, and it's just been a delight to work on.

What's the pilot you sold to WB about?

The pilot is: In the swipe-right world of modern dating, one guy decides to go it the old-fashioned way and it's called Old Fashioned. ...

(edited)
On 2/25/2021 at 5:29 PM, Trini said:

Grant Gustin booked another hiatus film; hopefully it gets made this time: 'Grant Gustin to Star in Netflix Real-Life Drama 'Rescued by Ruby''

In this interview, Grant mentions that even though the between-seasons hiatus is shorter this year, Rescued by Ruby is filming nearby in Canada so he should be able to complete that project. And he kinda spoils the ending, LOL.

Edited by Trini
forgot to add link

Musical project with Tom Cavanagh and Carlos Valdes:

Right now, as a matter of fact, I’m working on — and it seems crazy to say — a musical, of all things, based on the company MoviePass. [Laughs] We’ve got a pretty solid script at this point, we’ve got the music, we’ve gotten into the studio to record, and we had a read-through.  Carlos is one of the most talented musical people I’ve ever met so I roped him in for one of the leads, and one of the great pleasures of the past few months has been watching him soar in the studio. As you have seen on The Flash, he makes everything better.

https://tvline.com/2021/05/25/the-flash-wells-leaving-tom-cavanagh-interview/

He also mentions directing Superman & Lois' finale:

TVLINE | Lastly, what can we expect from the Superman & Lois season finale that you’re directing (airing Aug. 17). Have you seen a script yet?

I sort of know the direction that it’s going in….

TVLINE | David Ramsey told me it’s a whole other world for directors over there, working with anamorphic lenses and everything.

The lustre and the glow they’re putting on that screen is exemplary, and the idea that you get to be a part of one of the top franchises on television, and one that is being rebooted in an intelligent way, with heart and family bonds…. Getting to direct that finale, I’m truly looking forward to it.