Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

"LEGENDS OF TOMORROW'S" VIXEN WILL BE 'AN INTERESTING COUNTERPOINT' TO THE REST OF THE TEAM

"You've got Captain Cold, who was a criminal and out for himself. He's replaced by Vixen, who is the definition of a superhero," he explained. "She's a member of the Justice Society of America, she's from the 1940s, everything is prim and proper -- not stuck up, but she does things right. You have this team that doesn't do things right, they're a bunch of fuck-ups. So she's interesting counterpoint."

• Love 1

They would probably try to capitalize off of that. Maybe MG can get his wife to write for Vixen, then we can get a fully developed female character.

I am interested in the Sara and Vixen dynamics since Kendra and Sara was so one sided. by being only about Kendra's love life. From CL she's saying that Sara's reverting back to her recklessness which makes sense with losing both Leonard and Laurel in short time span. Like Oliver when something bad happens, she starts pushing people away. Vixen is probably not going to have a good impression of her. She's probably going to wonder why Mick and Sara are on the team. You don't normally find an arsonist and assassin on team of heroes. Especially since they are pushing the fact that she probably only sees people as good or bad. 

If they manage to make their relationship about respect and not about their love lives it will be a step in the right direction. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
Thursdays (8:00-9:00 pm ET) on The CW

After the defeat of the immortal villain Vandal Savage and the corrupt Time Masters who
colluded with him, a new threat emerges. Dr. Nate Heywood (Nick Zano), an unconventional
and charming historian, is thrust into the action upon making a shocking discovery - the Legends
are scattered throughout time.

Nate must find a way to rescue season one’s beloved team of heroes and rogues,
including billionaire inventor Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), who has created an exo-suit with the
power to shrink him to miniscule size, as the Atom; Sara Lance (Caity Lotz), the White Canary,
a trained assassin; Professor Martin Stein (Victor Garber) and Jefferson “Jax” Jackson (Franz
Drameh), who together form the meta-human Firestorm; and Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell), aka
Heat Wave, a career criminal. When the Legends encounter the J.S.A (the Justice Society of
America, the precursor to DC’s Justice League) in the 1940s, Amaya Jiwe (Maisie RichardsonSellers),
aka Vixen, joins the team. While the team reunites, a mystery looms - the fate of former
captain Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill).

Once reunited, the Legends continue their new mission to protect the timeline from
temporal aberrations - unusual changes to history that spawn potentially catastrophic
consequences. When Nate, the grandson of J.S.A. member Commander Steel, unexpectedly
finds himself with powers, he must overcome his own insecurities and find the hero within
himself. Ultimately, the Legends will clash with foes both past and present, to save the world
from a mysterious new threat.

Based on the characters from DC

http://cbspressexpress.com/TCA/cw/pdf/tca_cw_DCExecProducers.pdf

• Love 1

So we're starting out with the Legends lost througout time. We saw Ray was dressed like a caveman. I wonder what times the rest of the team are in? And the new guy a historian finds out about them. I'm guessing that's where the promo pics of the Egyptian glyph and Ray being Knighted come in. 

That does seem pretty interesting.  I'd imagine they find Rip pretty soon, considering we've seen set photos with the team together in costume.  But it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.  I like the way Heywood is incorporated into the concept.  He might be a good audience surrogate after all,

I am excited about Lance Henricksen.  I've loved him ever since Fringe.

But yeah, there wasn't much about Legends. Kind of disappointing.  

EDIT: I am clearly an idiot - I just realized I was thinking of Lance Reddick, not Henriksen.  I don't actually think I know Lance Henriksen from anything.

Edited by Starfish35

He's pretty old to be playing Obsidian, who's always been one of the younger generation of JSA characters.  I wonder if he'll be a future version of the character.  Or perhaps, they've merged Obsidian's role with his father's.  Henriksen seems old for Todd, but would be reasonable for Alan Scott.

Interview with Phil Klemmer. 

This part is interesting. 

KSITETV’s CRAIG BYRNE: Damien Darhk is going to in Legends of Tomorrow Season 2. Are we going to have some kind of confrontation with Sara over what he did to her sister?[EDITOR’S NOTE AND SPOILER WARNING: On Arrow, Darhk killed Sara’s sister, Laurel]

PHIL KLEMMER: It’s unavoidable. It’s inevitable. It’s interesting; Sara really has taken an unexpected leadership position within the team. I think it was clear that she and Rip had a great dynamic, and in a way, we realized that he was grooming her all along: She is meant to be a Time Master. And so, her evolution from assassin to Time Master is really rocked when she has a chance to back-slide.

http://www.ksitetv.com/interviews-2/legends-tomorrow-ep-phil-klemmer-talks-season-2-part-1-2/118763/ 

I guess they saw what most of us saw, that Sara was Rip's unofficial second in command. I don't think Rip was intentionally grooming her. He needed someone to talk too and Sara was basically a solider like him and would understand some of the choices he has to make. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Actually, I always got the sense that Rip was grooming Sara (and similarly, that he was grooming Jax as a "chief engineer" of sorts.)  I don't think he was consciously thinking "she'd make a great Time Master", so much as "I need someone reliable to be able to take care of this if I can't."  But the end result is essentially the same.

• Love 3

CL said Sara's taking more of a leadership role this season, so I guess she's becoming the official second in command. 

Ray probably won't like that since he thinks he's leadership material. When he really isn't. He can make the good guy choice but not the hard choice that a leader has to be able to make, even it costs lives. You can't save everyone all the time. 

I don't think Ray's ever expressed any desire for a command role.  He seems happy enough following the others' leads.

I do wonder if we'll have a situation with Rip missing or captured, which would give Sara a clear opportunity to take charge and solidify her second in command role.

• Love 3

I doubt he'd leave willingly.  It's his mission after all, and it's not like he's got anything else.  But capture might fit with the "fate of their former captain" thing from the teaser.  Sara would be the logical choice to take charge under those circumstances.

I doubt he'd be gone for too long though, since we saw new footage of him in the teaser trailer, and he was in the 1940s set photos.

The teaser trailer was from the three days they filmed before SDCC. That doesn't really mean much. I guess it really depends on what the twist that AD keeps talking about is. 

As for Sara being a leader, apparently Ra's trusted her to lead her own group of assassins in 1958. 

tumblr_o4xpyol2qy1rrmbc3o2_250.gif

Edited by Sakura12

Well, she at least got to stand at the front of the line.  :-) 

But that said, it seems pretty clear that they'll be going toward a leadership role for Sara.  It'll be interesting to see how that shakes out.

I'm curious about the Darhk confrontation.  I'd figured before that he would be a time traveler, and therefore killing him wouldn't help Laurel one way or another.  But it sounds like it'll be an actual quandary.  It'll be interesting to see what Sara chooses.

Edited by squidprincess

On Arrow it was revealed that Darhk was a member of the LOA and stole water from the LP from Ra's, then he found some magic totem that's he's also used to stay alive. 

I want to see a fight between Darhk, Malcolm and Sara since they were all trained by the League and Sara's been trained by Ra's in the present and the past just like Malcolm and Darhk. Well I suppose the fight would be the stunt doubles for Darhk and Malcolm and Caity Lotz. :D. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I have a question about the trailer.

Last we heard, they were still filming episode 4.  Episode 3 seems to take place in Japan, and I didn't catch any Japanese guest stars, clothes or architecture in that trailer.  So would that mean all of the clips are from the first two episodes?

Yeah, those clips are from the first 2 eps. 

Ep. 1 they are spread out through history, each of them in a different time. Ray is on an island with cavemen or something, Sara's in France I'm assuming during the French Revolution, if they are going with the most well known Queen of France, Marie Antionette , Stein and Jax look to be in the middle ages? 

Ep. 2 is in the 1940's with the Justice Society of America. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1