Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

If it's a corporation, they probably work Security. It would be hilarious if the Legion made Malcolm the receptionist. I wonder what Darkh's role is at the company? 

You're right, that could explain why Sara and Amaya are wearing almost identical outfits. Those are some cool security uniforms!

• Love 2

Bummer.  

I don't hate Nate and it's not going to ruin my day if he stays (unlike the Hawks - I had a really bad moment at the end of last season where I thought they might be staying), but I do consider him the weakest link by a large margin, and I'd rather trade him in for a more interesting character (like Lily Stein, for example).

• Love 3

I think all of the main cast have signed multi-season contracts.  Have there been any specific rumors about any of those actors?

I'd be very surprised to lose any of those characters, given how this season's been set up.  The only one that I could imagine actually losing is Garber, just because he sometimes seems tired of the show.

• Love 1

Almost hiatus could mean anything. He could be out of the job. Or they could have scaled back his role. Or they could have increased it. Mainly, I think its wording just keeps his fate secret. I think he is just tweeting to peak interest in the finale. I don't read anything into his wording.

If the show chooses to downsize, I think it will be with the newer people or the main cast that want to take a break like WM did after s1. I just hope they actually don't cut anyone because I like the current crop. Nate is not amazing, but I find him tolerable - there is no guarantee a newbie would be a better fit.

1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

I think the only way they'd get rid of Arthur Darvill, Dominic Purcell, or Victor Garber is if those actors wanted out for any reason.  I can't imagine them getting rid of them otherwise.

I've been worried about Arthur because Rip gets a lot of hate from certain quarters. They could easily have him sacrifice himself for the crew, or decide that he's so traumatized that he  doesn't want to to on the Waverider anymore.  On the flip side, they did give him time off for Broadchurch; and as he's proven in the last few episodes, he's a really good actor who can handle a wide range of material.

Sigh, I just wish they'd ditch Nate.

Edited by Lokiberry
  • Love 2
On 12/02/2017 at 5:00 PM, Sakura12 said:

If it's a corporation, they probably work Security. It would be hilarious if the Legion made Malcolm the receptionist. I wonder what Darkh's role is at the company? 

I wouldn't think he'd settle for anything less than CEO - but then he'd have to fight Thawne for it...

1 hour ago, Lokiberry said:

I've been worried about Arthur because Rip gets a lot of hate from certain quarters. They could easily have him sacrifice himself for the crew, or decide that he's so traumatized that he  doesn't want to to on the Waverider anymore.  On the flip side, they did give him time off for Broadchurch; and as he's proven in the last few episodes, he's a really good actor who can handle a wide range of material.

Sigh, I just wish they'd ditch Nate.

He does get fan hate from certain circles, but I think he also tends to get quite a bit of critical praise for his acting, and apparently during the time he was gone, a lot of spoiler sites had a lot of people asking about him.  That doesn't prove anything of course, but I don't think it's the same situation as the Hawks were.

I think they'd have a very hard time continuing the show without him.  They did for a short while, but even then, he was mentioned in almost every episode, and it was stated more than once that the characters' emotional investment in the "save the timeline" quest was because Rip had entrusted it to them.  And I think it's worth noting that they didn't just give him time off for Broadchurch, but they pretty obviously delayed the entire metaplot until he could return.  

Also for all that Sara's been an admirable leader, and Jax knows how the ship works, and Nate knows history (...sort of), Rip's the only one who has the time travel know how to explain time quakes and unsettled timelines and that weird chronological jumping thing.  Basically, when the show wants to introduce yet another ridiculous time travel related complication, they're going to need someone who can rattle off a vaguely plausible explanation.  So I think he's probably fine.  :-)

Nate... Well, he might improve.  I'm actually kind of curious to see how the Amaya not-relationship plays out.

On 2/12/2017 at 11:52 AM, lurker22 said:

Sara and Amaya could be femme fatales, or assassins working for the Legion, which is now a huge corporation with Merlyn working the receptionist desk, lol.

I was thinking that those outfits had a real "sexy villainess" vibe to me.  So that would make some sense.  

Edited by squidprincess
  • Love 4

I just feel that Nate's kind of redundant. We already have a Ray and Gideon actually knows the past, present and future. And Nate's supposed "history" knowledge hasn't amounted to much. He never uses the right phrases (Amaya had to remind him it was called courting back in the 1930's) and he barely looks like he knows what he's talking about. He seems more like a frat boy that watched a lot of the historical movies. 

He's not awful like the Hawks and Savage, but I'd ditch him and bring in another female character while keeping Amaya. I don't know why their seems to be a 2 females at time rule on these DC TV shows. Going by that I expect Amaya to be the one that leaves. 

• Love 7

I admit, I don't have anything against Nick Zano, but I really don't care for his character. I actively disliked him in his first couple of episodes and now he borders between being annoying or just there. He does not sound like he knows what he's talking about to me. I'd rather they bring in someone we already know and like-- maybe Thea from Arrow. If Malcolm continues as a villain, he would be conflicted because he would want to make sure she doesn't get killed.

Folks, if you wish to continue to discuss Rip's character outside the context of the spoiler thread, he has his own thread which has been lonely since November.  Of course, please keep the discussion civil at all times.

Routh-588x8891.jpg.01619acd9da6a3d40bc74f3067f87f8f.jpg

Edited by MarkHB
Added link to Rip's thread.
  • Love 7

Zano's Instagram post about the renewal seemed to imply he'd still be around next season; it would be more of a surprise, at this point, if he wasn't. Meh. I don't dislike Nate, but I don't care about him, either. His journey was about acclimating to being a superhero, which seems mostly done. He serves little distinct function with Ray and Gideon around. Losing any of Stein/Jax/Rip/Mick while continuing to push him would sour me on this show real fast.

I would honestly feel pretty cheated if they jettisoned Rip after a season of barely seeing the real him, Darvill's other commitments notwithstanding. If they were going to do the heroic sacrifice or send him off somewhere to lick his wounds, the time to do it was the end of last season. I was invested in him moving forward and rebuilding his life, post-Savage, and I'm still waiting and hoping to see that.

• Love 2

I hope Nate and Rip are the one that leave the show for the next season. Nate is the worst version of Ray, almost identical in personality, but more arrogant, and Rip is whiny hypocrite.

I don't mind if Stain leaves too, although I like him, he gets a lot of boring stories, that I really could not care less. 

I really like Amaya and I hope she stays and we see more from her. I also hope they bring in another female character. I also like Jax a lot, so hope he gets more stories next season.

For me this show would not exist without Sara, so she obviously won't leave.

What would be perfect formula for me is less main cast, a trio or may be four people and the rest are more background supporting characters. 

I can't see them getting rid of Rip, unless AD wants to leave. If he had other commitments I can see another of Rip leaving for part of the season again. 

I still think we'll lose Amaya, to bring in another female, since there can only be 2 at a time. I'm also sure we'll add another male character because they love thier male heroes. 

I would really be upset if we lost Amaya.  The Mari issue needs to be dealt with at some point, but really, if Mari's born in the eighties, Amaya wouldn't necessarily need to have a child until the fifties or even sixties.  She's got time.

Amaya brings such an interesting, different perspective to the show and I don't really feel like they've done her justice yet.  

IF they have to bring in another man, I'd prefer it to be someone already established like Jonah Hex or John Constantine.  But honestly, I'd also prefer another woman.  Lily, Laurel (if she ends up resurrected after this story-arc), or someone brand new would be fine.  

I've always liked the thought of having Zatanna, or maybe even someone from the future, like Saturn Girl or another member of the Legion of Superheroes.

Hell to the no for me as far as Laurel is concerned (I'd be perfectly happy to never see her again), but I would love to have Lily Stein on board.  Or Lisa Snart, since Peyton List's show is likely not going to be renewed.  Katana was awesome in her sadly too short time on Arrow.  Basically I'd just love to have more women on the ship.  Except for Laurel.  Sorry. :(

• Love 5

I'd take anyone over Laurel. Having Lisa Snart would be interesting if they can't get Wentworth. 

Don't know if they can get Zatanna. I still think they should get Lady Blackhawk since she can be another from the past and she'd save on CGI. 

2 hours ago, Tipper said:

Zano's Instagram post about the renewal seemed to imply he'd still be around next season; it would be more of a surprise, at this point, if he wasn't. Meh. I don't dislike Nate, but I don't care about him, either. His journey was about acclimating to being a superhero, which seems mostly done. He serves little distinct function with Ray and Gideon around. Losing any of Stein/Jax/Rip/Mick while continuing to push him would sour me on this show real fast.

I would honestly feel pretty cheated if they jettisoned Rip after a season of barely seeing the real him, Darvill's other commitments notwithstanding. If they were going to do the heroic sacrifice or send him off somewhere to lick his wounds, the time to do it was the end of last season. I was invested in him moving forward and rebuilding his life, post-Savage, and I'm still waiting and hoping to see that.

This is how I feel as well. If we lose anyone while keeping Nate I'll be pissed.

Ive thought as well that Lisa Snart would be a good replacement for Snart since WM will never come back.

Edited by Proteus

Everyone,

Just to follow up, if you're looking for the Rip conversation from last night it's been moved to his own thread.  Please feel free to continue respectful conversation over there.  Thanks!

Does anyone have any idea as to what "Aruba" could possibly mean?  I saw a blogger suggest it might be a reference to a Mick line.  The person quoted or paraphrased "Couldn't it be Aruba, 2016?"  But I have to admit, I don't remember that line or its context.

Maybe it means the episode will focus a lot on Mick and Snart?

• Love 1

Good catch!  I just checked the transcript and it was in Out of Time (right after they got back from France.)  That's interesting.  I had been assuming that it was a season one quote, and therefore more likely to be about Snart and Mick.  But this is probably going to be more of a full team thing.

Maybe Aruba and Doomworld will be opposites, with Doomworld giving us the villains' idea of paradise, and Aruba giving us the heroes'.  (Like the Invasion! Arrow episode, but on a much grander scale.)

Edited by squidprincess
  • Love 1

It's in the first episode of season 2, Out of Time.  It happens at the very beginning of the scene where Rip lectures the team on what they did wrong after they get back from France.  Basically, we get the transition from Mick talking to Oliver and Nate, to Martin mentioning that they found another aberration in Bhopal, 1912.  That's when Mick grumbles about why couldn't it be Aruba, 2016.  (Here's the transcript, though it doesn't say who says what line.  I think it's pretty clear though.  For all of its many hilarious flaws, the show is very good at giving each character a unique voice.)

Edited by squidprincess
  • Love 1
On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 0:52 AM, lurker22 said:

fa7nd2.png

I just watched Arrow, and in the scene where Quentin walks out of the Mayor's office, he passes what looks very much like where Sara, Amaya and Merlyn are in that picture. It;s the same reception desk and lighting. I even think that'snthe same City Hall logo in the background. So maybe we'll see Star City and Central City in Doomworld.

• Love 1

They've released the synopsis for Land of the Lost (2x13):

DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

“Land of the Lost”  -  (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

A DIVIDED MIND  -  After capturing Rip (Arthur Darvill), he forces the Waverider to crash, leaving the Legends stuck seventy million years in the past. Ray (Brandon Routh) leads Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Nate (Nick Zano) to recover a vital piece of the ship. In an effort to get the “good” Rip back, Rory (Dominic Purcell) suggests they enter Rip’s mind, but what Sara (Caity Lotz) and Jax (Franz Drameh) discover in his subconscious is not pleasant and they must fight evil versions of themselves. Meanwhile, Nate and Amaya continue to get closer, but it could cause serious ramifications.   

Victor Garber also stars.  

Ralph Hemecker directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Ray Utarnaachitt (#213).  

Original airdate 3/7/2017.

I'm definitely looking forward to the sheer comic book joy of dinosaurs, and people going into each others' minds.

I'm not sure I'm really looking forward to more Nate and Amaya drama though.  But I suppose it will depend on execution.  (Perhaps this time no one will be literally dying?)

• Love 4

I doubt it will be as good as Faith and Angelus entering Angel's mind. But I'm looking forward to seeing Sara and Jax fight evil versions of themselves in Rip's mind. Of course I wonder why Rip has evil versions of them in his mind. Does evil Rip secretly want Sara and Jax to join him? 

• Love 3

I really like the sound of this. Going into someone's mind (which resembles their spaceship because budget) is one of my all-time favorite tropes. I'm hoping for filing cabinets of secrets, Locked Rooms of Hidden Feelings, the whole shebang.

I wonder if 'serious ramifications' for Nate and Amaya is press release code for 'Mick gets jealous', or if this is where she somehow learns about Mari.

• Love 2

Ugh. Keep Amaya but please get rid of Nate!

I'm not looking forward to future interactions with them. They were just forced together in such an unnatural and hokey way. There is zero chemistry between them.

• Love 1

So is this too soon to be worrying that Nate is Mari's father? 

It could explain why she was in Detroit or  whatever random middle American town she  is from in Vixen.

Could also explain how OQ knew her cuz he visits his friend Nate raising his daughter via time travel. It would also be a convenient way to drop Nate off in surburia to raise his kid far from the waverider. Which may be the only upside to this theory.

• Love 3

I would rather lose Nate and Amaya than any of the other characters, so I'm good with this.

Of course, I hope whoever ends up in their place ends up more towards the Steel/Vixen scale of things and less the Hawkman/Hawkgirl side of things. But really, as long as they don't drive Mick towards evil or drive Ray towards Yet Another Boring Relationship,  I'll be fine.

• Love 4

It is pretty interesting that, if the synopsis is accurate, Mick is the one suggesting they go into Rip's mind.  I wonder if that's some of his old Chronos knowledge at work.

I will be very upset if we lose Amaya.  But I wouldn't mind losing Nate.  I think he could still turn out to be interesting though.  But yeah, if we're losing someone, I'd rather it be Nate than any of the others.

Edited by squidprincess
  • Love 4

On the piece of paper in Caity's instagram picture, I think I can make out the words "Caitey - LOA Look". It may not mean anything, but I wonder if we're going to see League of Assassin Sara in the finale?

2mcssa0.jpg

Edited by lurker22
  • Love 1

Welp, just read in the Mind Your Surroundings thread in the Arrow Forum that Laurel will be back for the finale. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. I don't watch Arrow anymore, so I was hoping i was through with her.

• Love 1