Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

I don't know why they aren't using more of the women characters, it's not like they have to worry about losing them to the movies. Wonder Woman is the only DC female hero slated for a movie in the next 10 years. 

That leaves them,

Zatana

Batwoman

Lady Blackhawk

Cassandra Cain

Artemis

and Huntress and Vixen are out there kicking around in the Flarrowverse. And they can even do a Earth 2 Huntress making her Batman and Catwoman's daughter. 

None of them are likely to get movies.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

While I love the idea of time travel, I'd be okay with most of the main characters (as long as Sara was among them) confined to one time/planet for multiple episodes (or seasons) to save money.  Even the Doctor was confined to Earth back in the day.  

I'm pretty sure all Batman characters are off limits.

Isn't the Huntress technically a Batman character? 

Personally I think Vixen is the obvious 1st choice.  They already have the perfect actress and they want Vixen in the shared universe (I assume beyond just cartoon form)

I expect a couple of the guys will either die or stay in the past.  (My guesses Heatwave and Hawkman) 

• Love 2

It's just a rumor. That would be a majorly stupid decision.

I do agree about testosterone overload. Heatwave could have easily been replaced by Golden Glider, who's better developed anyway.

I wonder dodgy performance of Blood & oil will lead to a cancellation, and that allows the actress who plays Golden Glider to become available.

My gut feeling is that anything Bat-related is essentially now controlled, not by the movies, but by Gotham.  That's why the Harley Quinn cameo went nowhere.  Huntress I'm not sure about; she has been the daughter of the Earth-2 Bruce and Selina, but after Crisis she was not related to them at all. Ra's al Ghul probably isn't tied so closely to Batman that he would fall into Gotham's umbrella.  But I doubt very much that any Bat-named characters will be showing up at all.

Vixen I would be perfectly happy with.

Hmmm I don't know because even with Gotham on the air, Barbara/Oracle is slated to be part of TNT's Titans - as is Robin/Nightwing. Or at least that was true when this article was published: http://www.cinemablend.com/television/TNT-Teen-Titans-Show-Feature-Robin-Characters-69814.html.

So I suspect that if anything "Batman" related is off-limits - it probably has more to do with what DC has approved for Titans than about what Gotham takes or doesn't take.  I think they can particularly get away with this because if Gotham is part of the Flarrowverse (which is doubtful considering the rival networks) - it's in the past.  So a character like Batwoman just might be up for grabs whereas Catwoman might be held closer to the vest (as someone who would show up on Titans instead).

I can't figure out if Bertanili et al is behind Titans or not.  I think they addressed the idea of a crossover with Supergirl pretty early because it is in fact possible.  I'm not sure if the same creative team is behind Titan - would that make crossovers less likely if so? 

At any rate, I think LoT still has plenty of women to choose from even if they have to steer clear of possible Titan characters.  I'm still hoping they get Katana back and/or introduce Zatanna.

Brief love interest between Sara and someone else on #LegendsOfTomorrow @caitylotz #LimaGeekFest

*Please don't be Ray, please don't be Ray

I'm taking brief, as a fling. I don't care if it's a man or woman, Sara is bisexual, I just want them remember that.

With Nyssa, I hope she gets some closure with her but I don't think she and Sara should end up together. Sara needs to find someone that has nothing to do with her trauma. 

Edited by Sakura12

It's probably just a flirtation with a guest star. Kinda like with Ray and Cold and some Soviet scientist that was cast some time ago.

She'll be recurring though so that could turn into something.

I have no problem with Sara hooking up with someone.

Yeah, it kind of seemed like CL was implying that the love interest is a woman. 

ETA: I'm so glad she said no to Ray. I cannot see them together, he doesn't seem like her type at all. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I hope they stay away from the romance bit because I do believe Sara and Ray could be great friends.  And not like friendship turns into love kind of friends, straight up teasing, making fun of, and sharing hopes and dreams friends.  And Sara needs a real friend. I have hopes for a cool friendship between her and Hawkgirl but since Sara seems like the kind of woman who is more comfortable around men (regardless of the bi thing) - I honestly think they should leverage any natural chemistry Caity and BR have and just make them good friends.

I want Ray to remember that he has a dead fiancé that started this all and I want Ray and Sara to talk about stuff (like he knows at least some of the stuff about Nyssa being forced to marry Oliver and some of the other stuff I'm not sure TA had time to fill her in on before she left town).  It doesn't have to be on camera, but I want to know that they talk.  I'd love to see Sara tease him about how she thought Felicity was hot too but didn't think she had a chance with her or something like that.

Wish I had stills I could reference, (maybe someone else will find them) but during the promo for LoT that played during last night's crossover with Flash and Arrow, at the end of LoT right before they showed the title they had these discs with symbols come flying in. I stuck my DVR in slow-mo and could make out a Hawks symbol, a cold symbol, a firestorm symbol, I think a time travel symbols and a canary symbol. Maybe there were specific symbols for Atom and Heat Wave that just went by too fast for the DVR at 1/15 speed to catch or maybe the Atom is a lower man on the Totem pole than I expected. (On the crossover poster for Arrow and The Flash they too had symbols, the Arrow and the lightening bolt, which I assume serves their whole shows). Bragging rights go to LoT for individual characters to get their own badges.

They used the same effect - the symbols become the letters in "Legends" - at the end of the recent trailer. Looking at that now I think a fire symbol and the Atom were the first two.

So yup, they moved too fast for my slow mo. Well that makes more sense. I like the idea though. Got a bit excited to see Sara getting a canary symbol all on her very own. Yes I'm petty like that.

Sara's symbol is a feather, not a canary (although there was a shirt given away at SDCC with some different symbols and Sara's was a canary on that; the writers room later put those symbols up on their wall). You can see larger versions behind their names as they're introduced. They used the same symbols in the Hero Evolution trailer that debuted during SDCC, where the Hawk symbol is clearer because it only had Hawkgirl's name in front of it.

Edited by GreatAtBoats

The Hawks share a symbol. In the order they appeared at the end of the trailer, it's: Firestorm, Atom, Heatwave, the Hawks, White Canary, Captain Cold, and what I assume is Rip's since it's not anyone else's and kind of looks like a clock.

Carlos Valdes to appear on Legends.

I'm assuming nearly every castmember from both shows could make an appearance at some point; but this hints that he's playing an alternate version of Cisco.

They're probably not doing an official "floater" anymore, but unofficially, I think it's going to be Cisco. Especially with the GPS thingy he gave Kendra in the crossover; plus his Vibe powers should come in handy here.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

Since we didn’t see Caity Lotz in the Arrow-Flash crossover, is there anything you can say about how she becomes the White Canary on Legends of Tomorrow? — Karl

You can thank Laurel for that. “Her sister helps her find the new identity,” Lotz teases, noting that the change comes with seeing a new Sara when Legends kicks off. “She’s a little more easy going, a little more lighthearted. She’s seen it all. That has brought a little bit of a lightness to her. She’s not quite as heavy as she was. She can’t really take everything so seriously anymore.”

I thought she said a while ago Sara was going to be darker? I find the identity thing funny considering what happened in season 3. lol

• Love 1

Originally Caity hadn't filmed for LOT yet so was just going by what she was being told. I guess that was dealt with on Arrow (barely). I think we will have a lighter Sara on the surface because she's going to be around a lighter cast of characters and the show isn't going to be as dark. I'm sure they will still deal with her issues though they just can't have her so dark. Probably a little bit lighter-probably like Oliver was the first 7 episodes of Arrow season 4. They kind of have a similar trajectory in many ways.  

• Love 1

I think Caity said Sara would be dangerous and not care about dying which doesn't necessarily mean darker. This show is supposed to be lighter and we did get really dark soulless Sara on Arrow. I can see Sara being blasé about everything now. With her traveling the world as an assassin and being dead she has actually been everywhere you can possibly go. 

• Love 1

This seems a better place to bring this up than the episode thread:

So at the end of "Legends of Yesterday" we see Malcolm Merlyn gathering the ashes of Vandal Savage. My theory is that before MM and VS worked out some plan just in case anything went wrong when VS confronted the Hawks. How else would MM know VS's spell? (Or whatever he said when he "died" in ancient Egypt.)

Also I wonder if they only killed him over on Arrow just so they can say that he's dead in at least one timeline; so that we know he's not an unstoppable villain.

I don't see how VS can really be dead (or at least stay that way) since isn't he still running amuck in Rip's future world?  Isn't that why he comes back...to change the future? 

I think Caity said Sara would be dangerous and not care about dying which doesn't necessarily mean darker. This show is supposed to be lighter and we did get really dark soulless Sara on Arrow. I can see Sara being blasé about everything now. With her traveling the world as an assassin and being dead she has actually been everywhere you can possibly go.

But what about the uncontrollable blood lust that makes her kill when she doesn't want to keep killing?  Is she just killing so many of VS's red shirts that she never has to worry about the bloodlust acting up? 

Will there be vacuums in these time traveling worlds... and will they be effective? Because really someone should have at least tried to clean up the pile o' dust.

I don't think VS is really dead. I'm glad they didn't bother to explain that on ARROW, because it is better left for LoT.

But MM and VS I think are going to be Pen Pals of Evil. Buddies of pain & torture. Perhaps there is a card they carry, secret lairs around the world with leather chairs and cigars for them to meet and chat.

• Love 1

Well they can't very well kill her again. 

But being this a time travel show, they can leave someone behind and go pick them up right before they left or a year later all in the same episode. 

Edited by Sakura12

It would be interesting if Ra's knew Sara before. It would explain why he accepted the half dead girl his daughter brought home into his league of assassins. I hope we do get some more backstory on Sara, like what happened to her after the Amazo blew up? According to Maseo (which is my Grandfather's name so it's weird for me to type) Sara joined around the same time he did. Which means she spent another year on the island. I'm assuming some bad stuff happened in that year and that's why she told Oliver she died on that island. 

I also wanted Damien Darhk to have met Sara in the past. I've noticed he still only threatens Quentin about going after Laurel not Sara. He knows she's still alive. I wonder if he knows that she's not that easy to kill? I also hope they mention the many deaths of Sara Lance especially with the reincarnated Hawks being around.

Of course with Thea being able to take his life force, I wonder what Sara could do to him? We will probably never find out being it's supposed to be Arrow's show. When it would make sense to have Thea and Sara go after Darhk since they are the only ones that can seriously hurt him or kill him and maybe that will cure their bloodlust.  

• Love 3

It would be interesting if Ra's knew Sara before. It would explain why he accepted the half dead girl his daughter brought home into his league of assassins. I hope we do get some more backstory on Sara, like what happened to her after the Amazo blew up? According to Maseo (which is my Grandfather's name so it's weird for me to type) Sara joined around the same time he did. Which means she spent another year on the island. I'm assuming some bad stuff happened in that year and that's why she told Oliver she died on that island. 

I also wanted Damien Darhk to have met Sara in the past. I've noticed he still only threatens Quentin about going after Laurel not Sara. He knows she's still alive. I wonder if he knows that she's not that easy to kill? I also hope they mention the many deaths of Sara Lance especially with the reincarnated Hawks being around.

Of course with Thea being able to take his life force, I wonder what Sara could do to him? We will probably never find out being it's supposed to be Arrow's show. When it would make sense to have Thea and Sara go after Darhk since they are the only ones that can seriously hurt him or kill him and maybe that will cure their bloodlust.  

I don't put it past these writers to have just that happen in one of the final episodes, just like OQ showed up to help defeat Reverse Flash last year and BA showed up to release the prisioners. I can see how they might bring SL to guest on Arrow to help take down DD. I could see how it might be fun for them to do the mini-crossovers. I actually sometimes like those better than the big crossover events because the characters just interact as opposed to there needing to be some big convoluted plot.

I just want to hear more about SL backstory. I do wonder if bad things went down on the Island for SL while OQ was in HK. Wonder if OQ will find out about it from some of the Island people this season.

I do think that DD now threatens QL with both daughters. Or the threats have been more generalized. But I think DD is probably less likely to threaten SL because he knows about the powers of the pit and so he's a little skiddish to threaten the more dangerous target. LL is a rather weak target, so she is the one to name-drop, if DD needs to name-drop.

Edited by kismet